AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-24, 09:57   Link #681
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
about miria:

miria definately has speed (especially now that she can mirage, which requires-uses no yoki, meaning she can do it indefinately... yet she doesn't which i don't know why, lol)

and this (speed) makes a huge difference.

HOWEVER, miria doesn't have any great offensive power or anything else (besides her strategy-tactics knowledge-intelligence).

let's just say that miria fans, never wanna see a battle between miria vs dauf........ they don't wanna see miria as a harmless fly buzzing around dauf unable to do anything (harm-damage-kill) to dauf....

but miria is certainly cool. i definately like her (as well as all characters), but she hasn't been shown to have any great offensive (damage dealing) power or abilities.
I agree, Miria is overrated.

Miria was promoted to rank-6 because of her brains, not her strength. Brain power can overcome many opponents. Her phantom is powerful, but it has the biggest weakness of all techniques. Miria said it herself, the power gap between ranks from 47 to 6 is not that great, but between 5 to 1 is great.

Clare is stronger than Miria

Clare potential = Teresa
Miria potential = less than rank 6 (I think she got to rank 6 because of her brains, not her yoki)

If you had to chose Clare or Miria to be your ally in a death match, witch one will you chose?
Old 2009-10-24, 11:06   Link #682
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post

Miria was promoted to rank-6 because of her brains, not her strength. Brain power can overcome many opponents. Her phantom is powerful, but it has the biggest weakness of all techniques. Miria said it herself, the power gap between ranks from 47 to 6 is not that great, but between 5 to 1 is great.
Man, talk about slamming my idol. You know, if you were insulting Galatea like this, my Dark Apprentice, Darth Cyclone, would be threatening to wash your mouth out with battery acid for your blasphemy.

When we're talking power gaps, it's important to realize that Miria was talking about the difference between her and Raphaela, who was essentially a Number 1 level fighter hiding in a Number five position, as former #2 Irene mentioned. In fact, of the top five, only two weren't number one material: #3 Galatea and #4 Ophelia.

Alicia of course was the Number 1
Beth had the identical potential of her identical twin, thus also being a Number 1
Raphaela had a comparable strength to her sister, who was a Number 1

Miria at the time was close to being just a normal #6, so naturally there was a big power gap between her and Raphaela. Anyways, what is this big weakness you speak of? The limited number of times she can use her Phantom?

That existed BEFORE the current arc, meaning Miria's phantom is now a nearly unlimited technique that is only slightly slower than before. It turns out she managed to increase her speed and the finesse of her movements over the last seven years WITHOUT YOKI, meaning the technique's vulnerability is now gone. With Yoki I imagine her "Phantom" speed would be too fast for even Riful to track.

I have to disagree about the brains comment...I feel Miria was very deserving of the promotion based on her fighting skills alone.

Quote:
Not according to Deneve, who would be someone who should know the answer to that statement.
Here's the conversation for you from Chapter 85 (Onemanga translation):

Helen: "What would happen if there is a fight? Who do you think is stronger now, Claire or sister Miria?"

Deneve: "Is there even a point in asking? In speed, endurance, strength and swordmanship...Miria has the upper hand. Even if you consider mental strength and concentration, Miria still holds the advantage. But Claire has limitless drive. This uncertainty could be Claire's greatest strength or her weakness."

Helen: "Just like an untamable little monster. Even though she looks calm on the surface, there is a lot of spite within."

I trust Deneve makes the point strongly enough for you, right?

Quote:
Clare potential = Teresa
Miria potential = less than rank 6 (I think she got to rank 6 because of her brains, not her yoki)

If you had to chose Clare or Miria to be your ally in a death match, witch one will you chose?
Miria's potential is far higher than Number 6, and her ability to sneak up on #8 Dietrich with raw speed proves it. By the time Dietrich had her hand on her sword, Miria's sword could have decapitated her (SEE CHAPTER 90). If that doesn't prove Miria is more dangerous than a mere #6, I don't know what'll prove it for you.

I agree Claire's potential could be higher, due to Teresa's flesh being used, but I would disagree on the "brains, not her yoki" comment about Miria. Miria was a Number 8 before she got promoted, and was getting better over time (and still is). If anything, Miria's brains would have put her into an even higher position, were rank based on ability to fight in groups. As the agent said to Ophelia, her group fighting abilities were even higher than Alicia's at that time, when she was a Number 8!

Besides, I think Miata summed it up nicely enough about Claire and Miria:
Miata, talking to Clarice about the Ghosts:

Miata: "Strong..."
Clarice: "Eh?"
Miata: "Among them, there are two with the smell of power. They're all strong, but those two are far stronger than the others...they stand out among all seven."

Who could Miata be talking about BUT MIRIA AND CLAIRE? Obviously, if Miata, a potential Number 1, acknowledges the strength of Miria and Claire, then Deneve says Miria is even stronger than Claire but Claire has an uncertain potential, Miria is pretty damn strong. Strong enough even to take precedence over Galatea now, who is the former #3. If Galatea were the superior fighter, it would have been Galatea coming out immediately to greet Dietrich, not Miria.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-10-24, 11:40   Link #683
HegemonKhan
Banned

(reven5 missed that i dissed miria a bit too)

but, now i'll defend miria as well:

miria was rank 6, including as a Half Awaken, however she has been getting more powerful ever since, especially all the ghosts, due to training without yoki use-release.

all the ghosts FAR OVER-POWER the current-newest claymores.

yuma who's rank 40, knocks all 3 claymores unconscious, kills two MiBs, and throws her sword clipping the flying-fleeing yoma's wings. one of those 3 claymores was a rank 14, and yet yuma comments that this rank 14 was so weak that her sword was practically not moving to yuma.

that's quite a power-up due to training with no yoki use-release, being a rank 40 yet able to beat a rank 14 so easily. and yuma's the weakest of the ghosts...

obvious to us and miata even confirms it should any of us have doubts, that miria and clare are the most powerful of the ghosts by a huge gap.

the 7 ghosts all got a power-up from training using no yoki use-release (as i explained using yuma beating the rank 14 claymore with ease)

however, only clare, miria, deneve, and helen are Half Awakens. this power-up makes them far more powerful than the rest of the ghosts. this can be seen in deneve (rank 15 and defensive) vs cynthia (rank 14 and defensive). Deneve is clearly more powerful than cynthia. this is due to deneve being a Half Awaken

yet, miria is rank 6 (whereas deneve is rank 15), and while clare is rank 47, she's special, so this why clare and miria are FAR more powerful than deneve (rank 15) and helen (rank 22)

(galatea is weaker because: 1. she's not a Half Awaken 2. hasn't been training at all. if galatea was a Half Awaken and had trained for 7 years using no yoki use-release, she'd definately be more powerful than miria, being that she's a rank 3 compared to miria being a rank 6)

so.... finally....

clare vs miria:

you can argue-debate either way as to who is more powerful.

for my own view/opinion:

*mirage=the technique that is UN-limited and uses NO yoki, but is slower.
*phantom=the technique that is limited and USES yoki, but is faster.

1. miria using her mirage (> or =) clare using the windcutter

(actually we see this very fight in the manga, it is what determined the ghosts moving out from the north, and miria maybe wins.. if i remember right, clare is lying on the ground... or maybe both clare and miria are lying on the ground... i'll have to go back and look)

2. miria using her phantom > clare using the windcutter

3. miria awakening/awakened (partially, nearly, or fully) ... never seen.. and may not ever happen

4. miria using mirage < clare using quick sword

5. miria using phantom (>, =, or <) clare using quick sword

6. miria < awakened clare

(duh. awakened clare kills rigardo. rigardo would have killed miria, if it wasn't for clare's awakening)

7. awakened miria vs awakened clare = ????

8. potentially (however it happens for clare, like teresa's power activates in her or rafaela's power is in clare and it activates or whatever)....

clare > miria
Old 2009-10-24, 12:12   Link #684
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Man, talk about slamming my idol. You know, if you were insulting Galatea like this, my Dark Apprentice, Darth Cyclone, would be threatening to wash your mouth out with battery acid for your blasphemy.
Battery acid? is that the best he can do?

*sigh...I was traded away for typhoon man, brilliant.

On the Claire vs Miria front, I will only say this: it really doesn't matter if Miria is stronger then her, because the time will come sooner or later where the line will be drawn and Miria will simply be unable to keep up with her. With Teresa, Claire's potential is nigh-limitless and Miria's is not.
Old 2009-10-24, 12:51   Link #685
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
"slaps"

What you just said is a Blasphemy.

Quote:
Miria said it herself, the power gap between ranks from 47 to 6 is not that great, but between 5 to 1 is great.
Frankly, I'm not too sure if I should take this post seriously after reading this.
Remind me where exactly Miria said that, please do it.

What Miria said was that the difference in strength between numbers 6,7,8 and 9 are not that great and that Clare, Helen and Deneve would be able to face a single digit on equal ground. However, remember that Clare's power was way above the miss dead last rank after she half-Awakened.

To think that there isn't a huge gap of power between the number 47 and a single digit is completely ridiculous.

Quote:
Yeah rigth, keep dreaming. We have yet to see the increase on Miria's power after the seven years training and you're already taking conclusions.

Miria just has to use her phantom-speed and off goes Clare's head. What can she possibly do to follow Miria's speed?
Clare's only chance is to release the QS all around her like crazy and hope that Miria doesn't get too close.

Quote:
Miria, of course. At least she can think of a plan that would save her team members.
Clare doesn't know how to work in a team and she certainly is not the best at making elaborated plans.

"So, now I want to rescue a warrior called Renne that is inside of an Abyssal One's lair that just happens to have an enormous grudge against me. What should I do?"

"I will, of course, burst through the front door, killing anything that attacks me and making such a noise that will, without a doubt, alert the Abyssal One of my presence and assure my immediate death and the death of whoever is accompanying me."

Cynthia & Yuma:
Old 2009-10-24, 13:07   Link #686
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Battery acid? is that the best he can do?

*sigh...I was traded away for typhoon man, brilliant.

On the Claire vs Miria front, I will only say this: it really doesn't matter if Miria is stronger then her, because the time will come sooner or later where the line will be drawn and Miria will simply be unable to keep up with her. With Teresa, Claire's potential is nigh-limitless and Miria's is not.
Hey, Cyclone's battery acid bathes are even worse, and I haven't heard of anyone making it out alive from a mouthwashing of battery acid. What, would you prefer he force electrocuted you instead?

@MisterJB...right on man, right on. Let's remember that Claire ended her first fight with Miria on her back once and entirely on the defensive. If Alicia doesn't return to the Organization, Miria will officially become the strongest warrior on the entire island...unless Raki becomes Isley redux somehow.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-10-24, 13:10   Link #687
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Clare doesn't know how to work in a team and she certainly is not the best at making elaborated plans.
Claire is straightforward, that's the thing. She's not a strategist; as a solo-agent, she's flawless, but she despises teamwork. She CAN work effieciently in a team(blocking Dauf from attacking Jean), but at the end of the day, it's all about her.

What makes her so good at was she does, is that Claire is a solid "in-the-moment" person. It goes back to the Miria vs Galatea arguement where, once in awhile(or in the cases we've seen, most of them ), an unknown variable(extremely powerful ones) gets into Miria's battle-plan and she freezes up in shock. Claire isn't like that, which is probably partly why he likes being alone since she only has to worry about numero uno.

Quote:
@MisterJB...right on man, right on. Let's remember that Claire ended her first fight with Miria on her back once and entirely on the defensive. If Alicia doesn't return to the Organization, Miria will officially become the strongest warrior on the entire island...unless Raki becomes Isley redux somehow.
Hold up, even if Alicia doesn't return to the Organization, so what? she still lives, it's not like she's dead, and their are Raciella, Riful, Beth and Priscilla of course.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:13   Link #688
HegemonKhan
Banned

clare always gets the job done while keeping her comrades alive.

i'm staying with clare (well, actually for other reasons... lol)

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 2009-10-24 at 13:26.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:16   Link #689
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
clare always gets the job done while keeping her comrades alive.

i'm staying with clare (well, actually for other reasons... lol)
Claire does whatever she thinks is right in that pretty little head of hers

Even if that means cutting a person's leg in half

If I was in a group, I'd prefer to be with both of them, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Miria. Claire is too unpredictable
Old 2009-10-24, 13:17   Link #690
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Hold up, even if Alicia doesn't return to the Organization, so what? she still lives, it's not like she's dead, and their are Raciella, Riful, Beth and Priscilla of course.
Revan said Warrior, not Awakened Being.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:26   Link #691
HegemonKhan
Banned

i'm gonna try to list all the "people" clare saved....

1. raki from the normal yoma in chapter 1
2. raki from the normal yoma in the form of a female claymore in chapter 1 or 2.
2. raki from the super normal yoma in the cathedral in rabona
3. galk from the super normal yoma in the cathedral in rabona
4. cid from the super normal yoma in the cathedral in rabona
5. helen from the male awakened one's tongue attack in the paburo mountains
6. helen, deneve, and miria from the male awakened one in the paburo mountains
7. raki from ophelia
8. raki from the female awakened one in gonahl / gonal
9. galatea from dauf's mouth rod shot while she was laying on the ground helpless due to the previous rod crushing her legs-feet (this is when clare releases her yoki and heals her feet-legs, surprising riful afterwards at having not awakened despite going over her limit)
10. jean from awakening
11. galatea and jean from dauf (and possibly riful)
12. saves numerous claymores during the two pieta battles (the 3 scouts and the full 27 army, against the 24 claymores). such as the 6 other ghosts (the actual survivors), and the claymores caught by the awakened ones' yoki control (an advanced or more powerful version of galatea's yoki manipulation) of their bodies (though most of them do die at the end of the pieta battlefield).
13. etc...

i could go on for a long long long long long long time...

miria doesn't even come close to clare.

clare wins hands down for being the one who will provide greater safety.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:36   Link #692
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Miria saved Helen, Deneve and Clare from the six armed AB. And it was thanks to both Clare and Miria that they managed to kill him. One would have died without the other.

It was thanks to Miria's plan that anyone came out of Pieta alive.
Of course, Clare helped too by killing Rigardo.

It is obvious that Clare saved more people that Miria. She is the main character. She appeared many more times than Miria.

But it is a nonsense to claim that Clare is better on a team than Miria. It has been stated that Miria's potential when leading other Claymores is above a number 1. Miria is the leader, Clare is the loner.

The only time that Clare actually lead a team during a whole battle, one of those under her lost a leg.
And their opponent was a brainless idiot whose skills are "smashy smashy".
Old 2009-10-24, 13:44   Link #693
HegemonKhan
Banned

that's true, though i never said that clare wasn't helped in saving others, only that she did save those others.

and your point about her being the main character is 100% valid. clare IS the main character. it IS to be expected.

clare definately doesn't have the best teamwork coordination or planning, yet she manages to get the job done regardless without any loss of life of her teammates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i disagree about yuma's leg getting cut off...

clare couldn't cut dauf's wrist or hand to free yuma with her windcutter and no yoki release-use. she didn't want to release-use her yoki and power yet, didn't want to reveal her truer power level.

cutting off yuma's leg-ankle instead, was absolutely ingenious. especially, with cynthia, THEE best claymore for this very dilemma as she can enhance the regenation of others (like yuma), being right there.

clare's really not that dumb, and while her actions-decisions seems reckless or madness, there really is a "method to her madness", and great intelligence that at least somewhat rivals miria's. though, clare and miria definately do things very very differently.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:50   Link #694
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Quote:
Miria said it herself, the power gap between ranks from 47 to 6 is not that great, but between 5 to 1 is great.
Frankly, I'm not too sure if I should take this post seriously after reading this.
Remind me where exactly Miria said that, please do it.

What Miria said was that the difference in strength between numbers 6,7,8 and 9 are not that great and that Clare, Helen and Deneve would be able to face a single digit on equal ground. However, remember that Clare's power was way above the miss dead last rank after she half-Awakened.

To think that there isn't a huge gap of power between the number 47 and a single digit is completely ridiculous.
MisterJB is correct here. Miria said that Clare, a number 47, was actually a single digit warrior likely due to her partial awakening. Then that large power gap between the single digit warriors, aka numbers 1-5 and 6-9.

Look at the databook for a refresh (which was written by Yagi himself). In it (for Clare's Generation) numbers 1 & 2 are S (super) level in yoki, numbers 3-5s yoki is ranked at A level, Miria (# 6) is ranked at B+, numbers 8 & 9 are ranked at B. Skip to Elena (an unnumbered warrior clearly between ranks 30 and 46) and she is ranked at D level in yoki and Clare was ranked at E level (clearly, her power ranking before her partial awakening). So clearly this statement is false... There are many jumps in power levels but we know there was a big one between ranks 5 and 6.

Also if you do a comparison between Clare and Teresa's Generation you'll see that Sophia (number 4) and Noel (number 5) have their yoki's ranked as B level. When in Clare's Generation B level starts technically at Miria with her B+ but pure B level might start at the unlisted Eva (number 7) but does start at Flora (#8). Though in Teresa's generation #4&5 have other stats that make up for there weaker Yoki levels when compared to Ophelia (Raphaela overall rankings were far better then Irene or Galatea's but she had no specialization, she was clearly misranked) . So they were ranked as such more due to skills then raw power. Irene though did have very comparable overall stats to Galatea.

--------------------------------------

@HegemonKhan

Thanks for including the "HellCats" on your ranking, I forgot to on mine. Sadly though I just didn't follow your logic for the rankings at all. Please next time don't include your arguments why in a latter post, I had to completely read 3 huge posts just to find the logic to something on the very first post. I almost didn't bother to read it due to how poorly it was organized but I did any ways due to the time and effort you clearly put into it. Also, there was no need to state a who was stronger then who (for example (Teresa > Priscilla)). You putting them on the list above one another already achieved that purpose. From now on please use that space to leave your notes (which you put int he following 2 posts), rather then leaving a redundant message there.

Also I hate to sound like a professor/teacher but next time you do something like this please try to simplify what you want to say, keep it organized, and when listing the same person from different time periods please leave a notification (that you are listing them twice and why you listed them twice). When I listed Clare twice on my list I stared her name, left my reasoning, and stated that she would appear again.

Just remember, there are people who won't read it if it's too long or unorganized. They do want to read your thought but might not have the time to read it and piece it together, like I did. I'm sure you want them to read your thoughts after taking the time to type it all down too, so please for everyone's sake... keep your thoughts as organized as possible... especially for longer posts. I know it's a pain to organize it all together but it really helps us follow your logic and then that way we can have a better debate with you later. Which I'm sure you'd prefer over people not responding to your post much, if at all.

Finally, thank you for adding to the debate, your thoughts where interesting and different. For example one of the many shocking (to me) difference you had on your list was Rosemary. I've always considered her the POS former #1, yet she was your number 3. Another one being Yuma being stronger then Agatha and Miata. While, after reading your argument I still don't agree with your logic, I do like keeping my mind open to new and different thoughts. So once again thank you for your thoughts.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:52   Link #695
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
yet she manages to get the job done regardless without any loss of life of her teammates.
Flora says hi. Good to know that she is still alive. Where has she been all this time?

Quote:
clare couldn't cut dauf's wrist or hand to free yuma with her windcutter and no yoki release-use. she didn't want to release-use her yoki and power yet, didn't want to reveal her truer power level.
A true, natural leader would not let Yuma get caugth in the first place.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:54   Link #696
HegemonKhan
Banned

laughs... it was a copy and paste.... can you imagine ME trying to organize those three versions into one.... way beyond my abilities... so i just posted all three, sorry for the inconvience, but again... "way beyond my abilities" to ahve organized them into one version.

it was HARD ENOUGH trying to make the lists...ranking them... their power levels are already so convoluted. it is hard enough to just try to rank and organize them as to which is more powerful and less powerful than each ohter. than you add in that many of them are growing and getting stronger... it is already a NATURAL MESS, without my lack of organizational skills in writing.

AND, even if i could, that take way too much effort... if you want such effort, than actually BE my professor, and give me an A for such a well done and organized paper in a classroom, lol.

the "versions" are slightly different (which is why i called them "versions"), as i came across new information within the manga, they adapted each time, but the old stuff (like the explainations/justifications to my choices) remained valid as well

and, i don't think no matter how organized my posts are, i don't think anyone can understand my logic anyways, lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Another one being Yuma being stronger then Agatha and Miata." - ryus

actually, i couldn't remember (and was too lazy to look up) exactly which of the 7 ghosts actually participated in actually destroying-chopping of agatha up, so i just listed all the ghosts as higher than agatha.

THOUGH, miata calls ALL the ghosts as "strong" (and clare and miria as "VERY VERY STRONG"). i'm not sure if this means they are stronger than miata, but arguably it could so and i went with it.

so my weird way of thinking went like this:

agatha > miata > galatea

(this is a bit unfair to both galatea and miata, because: miata ignored agatha and her attacks-damage unto miata, and galatea faced both agatha and miata at the same time)

miata called ALL the ghosts as "Strong".

therefore:

ghosts > (or =, but i felt it was too minor to mention) agatha > miata > galatea
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if my posts are too long, too dis-organized or un-organized, or you just don't like or agree with them, than:

**** DON'T READ THEM !!!!!!!! ****

(it's not like anyone, or me, is forcing you to do so)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

though, i certainly will continue to try to make the best posts i can, and to make my posts better if i can.

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 2009-10-24 at 14:19.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:30   Link #697
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Flora says hi. Good to know that she is still alive. Where has she been all this time?
At a tea party with Lily, Wendy, and Karla. They also sometimes go window shopping... since there kinda broke right now.

You see, they spent all there money on a fairy ride 7 years ago.

Quote:
Spoiler for Space:

Then let me rephrase... The MODs, likely, don't like triple posts. I don't know how they'll react... could be bad.

Also, too lazy too spend a minute looking up something but clearly willing to post three long post in a row. Kinda inverse.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:43   Link #698
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i have to agree w/ hedgie. isley is gone yet he's teaching will still live on through raki. raki's demeanor very much resembles isley and the way he talks too. he has that 'all knowing' grin on his face when he talks, just like isley.

and i don't think raki will be turned into a mutated monster like some discussed. he'll still have his dashing looks and will be the frontrunner for the next generation of warriors. the org might change their minds and start making male claymores again after raki's result goes favorable well.
Believe me when i say that males can not control the flow of yoki. If i were a male warrior too i am sure i would awaken as soon as i would release yoki
Perhaps raki is an exception but that would be no use for the org. As long as he is a male he can never achieve levels of yoki control as clare or jean achieved. Perhaps his advantage is that the flesh which is parasiting him doesn't trigger the sexual desire of males like normal yoma flesh?
Priscilla said that raciella was only sick of life itself and all emotions were gone.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:47   Link #699
HegemonKhan
Banned

technically...

rafaela poured all of her emotions (along with her mind) into clare's head. This is "physically" why the Destroyer has no emotions. Clare got all of them. lol.

1. chapter 92, page 25.

shows clare receiving all of rafaela's memories and the mysterious, "that which you must know"

2. chapter 94, page 16

shows that clare has rafaela's mind in her head, and it-rafaela "talks" to (or through, lol) clare. and again hints towards the mysterious, "that which you must know", in the form of, "Just what did you want to tell me..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

my guess at these mysterious passages:

(rubel also spoke about this mysterious connection between rafaela and clare, in fact this is part of how he got clare to go to riful and rafaela, which resulted in the awakening-emergence of the destroyer)

either...

1. rafaela knows how to defeat the destroyer

2. rafaela knows something about clare's past or the past, that clare must know about because it is important.

3. maybe there's some kinda relation between rafaela and clare.

4. maybe rafaela can pass on her knowledge of when she tried to revive luciela back from the dead. maybe clare will somehow be able to succeed at this where rafaela failed. or maybe this, or rafaela's knowledge of the soul link, could result in clare awakening teresa's power within her or maybe rafaela's or whatever... lol

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 2009-10-24 at 15:03.
Old 2009-10-24, 15:03   Link #700
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
technically...

rafaela poured all of her emotions (along with her mind) into clare's head. This is "physically" why the Destroyer has no emotions. Clare got all of them. lol.
What about Luciella?
Closed Thread