AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-11, 15:52   Link #13701
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the summary. Will check it out later.

So Iris was stronger than Ikki, huh? Ikki did a pretty good job winning.
Old 2018-10-11, 16:01   Link #13702
coded321
He Who Games

Depending on what happens in those 6 months, has ikki been effectively nerfed by being turned into a shouta?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 18:02   Link #13703
shadowarc

He'll probably retrain himself and adjust just fine. Likely will make use of the experience in some way to improve himself.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 18:04   Link #13704
DanielSong39

For 6 months at least Shizuku has her own otouto-kun!

OK this has some potential.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 18:59   Link #13705
eisai_haramasukoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
He's going to become the Prince Consort of Vermillion after marrying Stella. Does he even have any reason to worry about what his family thinks?
I'm not talking about Ikki himself.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 16:55   Link #13706
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Okay, but I'm just saying that Ikki doesn't need to worry about what his family thinks.

@coded: Like Shadowarc said, Ikki will probably retrain. And he'll also get an extra 6 months of training experience for free from this that he can make use of.

I really hope he learns how to increase his mana capacity without dying. That might not happen in just these 6 months, though.
Old 2018-10-13, 07:08   Link #13707
Rosiero

I dunno, he was able to make Ittou Rasetsu a bit more manageable in a very short amount of time, so six months should give crazy results by comparison. Not to mention, the author seems pretty eager to give everyone powerups going by this arc we just ended. :P
Rosiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 07:19   Link #13708
AP24

Finished summarizing the first chapter in detail.

The chapter's end is so sad. It's really though for Ikki since it's the first time he has killed someone, especially when it was a friend.

So the amount of strengthening accumulated from Regeneration Overdose is permanent. Maybe this is the reason why Iris wore her armor often. There is a limit to how much her body could handle the strengthening which is permanent, so she had to wear her armor to withstand the load and train her body often.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 08:20   Link #13709
sparhawk1610
Asura

That part was really sad, but the part where Ikki was going to die was more emotional.
Old 2018-10-13, 09:40   Link #13710
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I still haven't read the detailed summary. Busy with trying to build a Docker image using a Dockerfile (I'm new to using Docker, and I really want to deploy the currency converter + Google Maps app I made for a CS course to Heroku via Docker. I keep getting errors in the build process for the Docker image).

@Rosiero: Well, yeah, he did do that with Ittou Rasetsu and Ittou Shura in a really short amount of time, but he did it by learning greater mana control. I'm talking about how Desperados can increase the total amount of mana in their bodies, and how if they could incorrectly it could kill them. He needs to find someone who would teach him how to do that first. And we don't know how long it'd take him to master it.

Edit: Okay, I just read the summary.

That was a good fight. Should've known that Or-Gaule wouldn't care about Iris fighting for him. I feel sorry for her. That guy really does deserve to die. On another note, though, I wonder why Sirius got so mad at Ikki not fighting together with Stella?

Also, Iris and Ikki are both Desperados, so it's amazing how Ikki managed to use that fate manipulation ability on her. I guess Iris didn't expect him to use it that point?

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-10-13 at 10:21.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 03:13   Link #13711
pashilulu85
Est

Sword God is a really cool title for Ikki, i bet Shizuku will be happy.
pashilulu85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 06:03   Link #13712
AP24

Can it really be called overwhelming victory if Ikki still suffers some backlash from using Itto Rasetsu?

Either way Ikki is much more famous now as we predicted before. He's pretty much the 3rd strongest knight in the League now after Bright and Nene, before Stella reaches Excessive Awakening later.

The only improvements Ikki made after training with Edelweiss that we've seen so far are producing mana defense and improved Noble Art. Ikki didn't complete his training so maybe there will be more improvements later.
Old 2018-10-14, 07:19   Link #13713
Rosiero

I still don't understand how manipulating fate works.
Rosiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 11:05   Link #13714
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So they actually left Iris dead.

I guess Shizuku is now the dedicated healer and she seems to be pretty good at it. It's good to see that Ikki made his world debut and is now considered a top asset by the league.
I would too, classic "it's you're life or mine" situation. Being overly forgiving of a villain is an overused trope if you ask me. Most of the time it just comes off as being hopelessly naive.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 11:06   Link #13715
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Can it really be called overwhelming victory if Ikki still suffers some backlash from using Itto Rasetsu?

Either way Ikki is much more famous now as we predicted before. He's pretty much the 3rd strongest knight in the League now after Bright and Nene, before Stella reaches Excessive Awakening later.

The only improvements Ikki made after training with Edelweiss that we've seen so far are producing mana defense and improved Noble Art. Ikki didn't complete his training so maybe there will be more improvements later.
I believe it's considered overwhelming because the damage he suffered was caused by Ikki himself. So Iris didn't even manage to damage Ikki and he won in a straight fight against her. Now he has 6 months to improve, would be interesting if Shizuku met Edelweiss and probably really funny if Edelweiss met child Ikki.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 13:11   Link #13716
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:

i think the reason why the say overwhelming is because from the beginning ikki had predicted everything Iris did or was going to do , so basically ikki let her have her way than when ikki found the opening he slash her, an away it is a overwhelming victory cause ikki had seen through Iris from the beginning. meanwhile iris thought she had predicted ikki but at the end ikki trap him and cuts her down. so ikki overwhelming victory is in the sense of tactic. I think that's what it means.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 13:34   Link #13717
AP24

Overall Iris was still stronger than Ikki so she probably would have won if the situation and circumstances were different
Old 2018-10-14, 22:52   Link #13718
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Overall Iris was still stronger than Ikki so she probably would have won if the situation and circumstances were different
Just like you said AP24, giving suitable situations and circumstances, Iris would have won that battle with Ikki. I mean, "Nothing is absolute", right? Still, that is what make Ikki's victory over his already overwhelming stronger opponent like Iris even more satisfying, you know? The fact that the war and the battle progress until that point is something no one can't predict, even for Desperados famous for their ability to influence fate subcounsciously. I believe the essence to grasp the victory of a battle between Desperados is whose will is influencing fate stronger, not simply just difference between strength, which Iris dominates over, or skill, which Ikki reaches a whole league of his own.
Old 2018-10-15, 03:56   Link #13719
AP24

Given how Regeneration Overdose works, I think Ikki and Iris were originally evenly matched. This is also probably how she rose through the ranks fast in the A-League. If there was an opponent who was equal or stronger than her, she would use Regeneration Overdose to make her body stronger until she became stronger than her opponent. So Ikki and Iris were actually evenly matched in the beginning of their fight, but Iris ended up becoming stronger after she activated Regeneration Overdose. But it seems that the amount of strengthening required to defeat Ikki was too much for Iris's body to handle at the time. She would have needed to wear her armor constantly until her body on its own could finally handle the permanent strengthening received. But because her armor was destroyed, she died.

Also, the second chapter is already summarized and it is a short chapter. Now we know why other people appear in the battlefield. It's no longer in the form of representative war so they can send many people to go after Or-Gaule. It seems Or-Gaule is like a zombie now and usually zombies are stronger than when they were alive.
Old 2018-10-15, 05:12   Link #13720
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Given how Regeneration Overdose works, I think Ikki and Iris were originally evenly matched. This is also probably how she rose through the ranks fast in the A-League. If there was an opponent who was equal or stronger than her, she would use Regeneration Overdose to make her body stronger until she became stronger than her opponent. So Ikki and Iris were actually evenly matched in the beginning of their fight, but Iris ended up becoming stronger after she activated Regeneration Overdose. But it seems that the amount of strengthening required to defeat Ikki was too much for Iris's body to handle at the time. She would have needed to wear her armor constantly until her body on its own could finally handle the permanent strengthening received. But because her armor was destroyed, she died.

Also, the second chapter is already summarized and it is a short chapter. Now we know why other people appear in the battlefield. It's no longer in the form of representative war so they can send many people to go after Or-Gaule. It seems Or-Gaule is like a zombie now and usually zombies are stronger than when they were alive.
Too bad that there is not much detail about Iris's past after she was saved by the League and before she became the 3rd rank in League. I would love to find out more about her character's development up until this point, but seem like the author won't be interested in doing that any time soon. The same goes for Ikki as well lol. But I guess he has other priorities that need his attentions for now, but I won't lose hope XD!

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural