AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-02-14, 06:02   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1107 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

We're back in business, guys! Credit goes to AP's Redon and pewpiece for info:

-Chapter title is "I was looking for you". Splash features Law and Bepo.

-Among the Elbaf pirates making their way to Egghead are Kashi and Oimo, the giants from Enies Lobby! Usopp is shocked to see giant warriors coming to their aid. Meanwhile, Jinbei is still on his way to stop the battle between Zoro and Lucci (both of whom are indeed still locked in combat).

-Back to Luffy, he asks Bonney why she's crying. She answers that she's been searching for him (Nika) for a long time, to which Luffy replies, why? He's been by her side this whole time! He also said he saw her earlier, weaker imitation of his attack, and will show her how it's properly done.... as he pounds Saturn with a Dawn Gatling! As Luffy trounces the elder, Kizaru swoops in for another attempt on Bonney and Vegapunk's lives.... but somehow, his beam attack gets blocked by Sanji! Both the admiral and Franky are shocked he was capable of doing that, but the cook replies that the power of love is stronger than light!

-Saturn gets blasted away by Luffy's attack! When he lands, he's greeted by a new pair of intruders.... Catarina Devon and Van Augur of the Blackbeard Pirates! Devon touches the elder, saying her mission is accomplished. They briefly discuss their captain, their goals for world domination, and Teach's special lineage.... the last of which Saturn was already aware of. The elder attempts to attack them, but Augur uses his DF power to warp the two of them to safety. However, before they exit the island, they suddenly get approached by.... Caribou! He asks them to take him with them, as he admires Blackbeard! It's always been his dream to meet him in person and join his crew....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-02-18 at 22:08.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 06:13   Link #2
Hoodspirit

Caribou going to Blackbeard hast always been the expected outcome.

Devon touching Saturn would be useless If the world knows he ist dead.
So Blackbeard would have to act swiftly, before Saturn's death ist known. Which would overshadow anything in Egghead, going against the incident narrative.
So unfortunately it looks like Saturn will survive.
Would be lame in my opinion, what about you guys?
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 07:56   Link #3
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Caribou going to Blackbeard hast always been the expected outcome.

Devon touching Saturn would be useless If the world knows he ist dead.
So Blackbeard would have to act swiftly, before Saturn's death ist known. Which would overshadow anything in Egghead, going against the incident narrative.
So unfortunately it looks like Saturn will survive.
Would be lame in my opinion, what about you guys?
Wrong, it's all the opposite in fact, this last move has all but ensured Saturn's not making it out of Egghead.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 07:59   Link #4
grecefar

Sanji is right, nothing can't beat the power of love in a shonen.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 08:13   Link #5
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homura7 View Post
Wrong, it's all the opposite in fact, this last move has all but ensured Saturn's not making it out of Egghead.
What's your reasoning?
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 09:40   Link #6
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
What's your reasoning?
Devon stated that she got what she wanted. So, it's only a matter of time before Saturn is being defeated. If CP-0 and Marines were fast enough, they can extract Saturn. Unfortunately, they may have to deal with Augur and Devon. If both were able to seize Saturn's bodies, then it'll be a disaster for the WG.

With Caribou possibly joins Blackbeard, he could extract Saturn's bodies.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 12:05   Link #7
Homura7

Quote:
What's your reasoning?
You said it yourself, they have to act swiftly. If Devon wants to pull off the deceit successfully, they have to make their move now while Saturn is still alive. Once he bites it, it won't take long before his death is reported to the WG.

I have almost utmost certainty Devon will take advantage of the situation and hijack the Marine ship Saturn used to get to Egghead to escape the island. We're talking about one of the highest authorities of the world here, there's no other way the Blackbeard pirates will use this to their advantage that isn't to sneak into their headquarters. And then there's Caribou who holds knowledge about the whereabouts of two of the ancient weapons.
Old 2024-02-14, 13:39   Link #8
Gerard07

Seeing the spoilers, it is confirmed that there are more giants known among the reinforcements, Luffy and Sanji shine in this chapter and the Kurohige Pirates finally appear, were they just because of Saturn or for another reason?, I ask since the fact that Saturn was Egghead was supposed to be a secret, was there a mole in the World Government?, and about Caribou joining Teach was possible, I guess Luffy will fight Kurohige when they go for one of those weapons (I bet he'll go for Shirahoshi), wait for the complete chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 19:14   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Devon's aim may be to steal the Seraphims. Unlike the Pacifistas who are programmed to obey Bonney, the highest authority for the Seraphims are the Five Elders.

I very much doubt she could impersonate Saturn without being discovered by the other four or Imu.
Old 2024-02-15, 15:56   Link #10
Theia_Loki

Welp, I was wondering when the Blackbeard Pirates would make an appearance on Egghead this Arc.
My guess as to what they came for (aside from Saturn) is both the Seraphim and York. Getting the necessities for the Mother Flame would have been a bonus, and have made the crew a much, much more dangerous threat. That would still put York herself in a favorable position since Teach would have been able to bargain to be King of an Island affiliated with the World Government and enable her to still get more money and luxury. And that's without considering being able to add the Titanic Captains and Teach himself to their Authority Chip command structure (worse if they put them on the same level as Bonney).

And considering what Caribou already knows thus far (both Ancient Weapons Poseidon, as well as where Pluton is), it's going to turn into an eventual return to Fishman Island as well as Wano.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 16:39   Link #11
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Devon's aim may be to steal the Seraphims. Unlike the Pacifistas who are programmed to obey Bonney, the highest authority for the Seraphims are the Five Elders.

I very much doubt she could impersonate Saturn without being discovered by the other four or Imu.
Honestly I think this is the move. Van Auger stated that their goal is to take the world and gaining control over the strongest weapons in the world to go along with the power they’ve already acquired would be a pretty good start.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 22:50   Link #12
Rainbowman

Everything in this chapter is excellent from the giants sinking ships to Luffy punching Saturn and two of Blackbeard’s elite members mentioning that the Blackbeard pirates want THE WORLD. Wonder how Caribou would be useful to Blackbeard if recruited? 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 00:02   Link #13
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Goddamn it feels great being a Sanji fan right now.

10/10 chapter due to everything else as well.
Old 2024-02-16, 10:47   Link #14
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Goddamn it feels great being a Sanji fan right now.

10/10 chapter due to everything else as well.
My face was the same as Kizarus lol. I wonder if Oda is beginning to build him up even more in case he matches up with Kuzan of the BB pirates… Diable Jamble gonna kick right thru that ice!

Although I was originally thinking that the situational temporary Ally would fight Kuzan (think Yamato) since Blackbeard has 11 members to Strawhats 10 and that it would be Sabo.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 12:32   Link #15
Homura7

Caribou with knowledge about the ancient weapons joining the Blackbeard pirates, and Devon now able to change her appearance to Saturn's. The consequences will be catastrophic, Fishman Island and Wano are in real danger now.
Old 2024-02-16, 19:27   Link #16
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
My face was the same as Kizarus lol. I wonder if Oda is beginning to build him up even more in case he matches up with Kuzan of the BB pirates… Diable Jamble gonna kick right thru that ice!

Although I was originally thinking that the situational temporary Ally would fight Kuzan (think Yamato) since Blackbeard has 11 members to Strawhats 10 and that it would be Sabo.
Quit raising my expectations! But in that situation, I feel like it would be too much of an advantage for Sanji considering his Diable/Ifrit Jambe and Hell Memories would be a perfect counter to Kuzan in the same vein as classic One Piece.

Yamato would be a good match for Kuzan ability-wise but its hard to scale their power at the moment. On one hand Yamato can go toe-to-toe with Kaido for a limited time; on the other hand, Ryokugyu looked like he could solo Yamato and the other scabbards.

Last edited by OH&S; 2024-02-16 at 20:20.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 19:36   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Yamato would be a good match for Kuzan ability-wise but its hard to scale their power at the moment. One one hand Yamato can go toe-to-toe with Kaido for a limited time; on the other hand, Ryokugyu looked like he could solo Yamato and the other scabbards.
Yamato only got one blow in, the only one that actually hurt Ryokugyu. He even commented she had great haki. After that, she was forbidden from fighting by Momo and did nothing more. I'm pretty sure she could have given him a tough fight, if not outright beaten him given her previous feats.

The entire reason she stayed in Wano is because she's the only strong enough to protect the country.
Old 2024-02-16, 20:40   Link #18
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yamato only got one blow in, the only one that actually hurt Ryokugyu. He even commented she had great haki. After that, she was forbidden from fighting by Momo and did nothing more. I'm pretty sure she could have given him a tough fight, if not outright beaten him given her previous feats.

The entire reason she stayed in Wano is because she's the only strong enough to protect the country.
Fair point in regards to Yamato's offensive capabilities.
Old 2024-02-17, 12:25   Link #19
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter I feel that Zoro is taking too long in his fight with Lucci, regarding Sanji stopping Kizaru's attack it seems good to me, I hope that the cook learns from this fight and improves his haki or something like that, and what also what catches my attention is that although Vegapunk said not to move him, Franky and the others left him lying there... did they already consider the old man dead? And about Teach's lineage, will he also be a Bucanero?, well, let's wait for the next one chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 22:49   Link #20
marvelB

Wish I could've commented earlier, but I was too busy up until now, lol. Anyway, our bros from Elbaf are destroying the Buster Call, the matchups all seem to be set (Sanji vs. Kizaru is a pretty pleasant surprise, IMO), and the Blackbeard pirates once again reap the benefits from behind the scenes. It was only a matter of time before Caribou sold off those secrets for the highest bidder....

Anyway, as for Devon copying Saturn, while the most obvious use of her ability would be to control the Seraphims, I can't help but wonder if Blackbeard has an even deeper plan for her ability? In particular, I'm thinking back to how he wanted to ransom Coby in exchange for making Hachinosu a WG member nation. Perhaps he's considering using a Saturn body double to infiltrate Mariejois and attempt to steal whatever secrets it hides? Obviously that would be difficult for even his crew, seeing how heavily protected the place is (and not to mention with Imu also having been confirmed to be a powerful DF user), but I still wouldn't put it past him to try something so brazen at some point. Perhaps if he makes use of Caribou's intel and swipes one of the ancient weapons beforehand....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote