AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-04-26, 13:13   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1082 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

How's it goin', guys? While technically the magazine is on break this week, the fact that it's during a holiday usually means that there's a high chance for a super early spoiler leak for next week's chapter.... which is the case here! So, here's the goods, courtesy of AP's Redon and co.:

-Chapter title is "Let's go take it". Splash page features Chopper and Zeus.

-The chapter begins with a shocking newspaper headline: The death of marine captain T-Bone!!! He ended up getting killed by a citizen who wanted his Cross Guild bounty! At the marine HQ, Sengoku and Tsuru discuss discuss the news, as well as the rising threat Cross Guild has become. Soon, they're joined by Hina, and when she's asked where Garp is, she tells them about the aged VA's decision to rescue Coby with SWORD, which shocks the veterans....

-Meanwhile, we cut to the Cross Guild HQ at Karai Bari island. Buggy sends the reward for T-Bone to the family of the man who slayed him. Not only has that guy officially become a Cross Guild bounty hunter, Buggy will ensure that he's protected from marine retribution! We also see that the guild's ship has been built.... which is themed around Buggy himself, angering Crocodile and Mihawk. Speaking of Croc, he reveals that he intends to use CG as a means to resurrect his old Project Utopia plan from Alabasta.... to create a military nation so powerful that all outside forces would think twice about challenging it. However, Buggy objects to that plan, saying that's not how REAL pirates operate.

-We then launch into a brief flashback, taking place on the day of Roger's execution in Loguetown 24 years ago (which we previously saw part of during Shanks' post-EL meeting with Whitebeard). Buggy asks Shanks if he intends to go after the One Piece. The redhead replies that he once had aspirations to.... but now, after their captain's death, he changed his mind about going to Laugh Tale. However, he'll still remain a pirate, and even asks Buggy to join him, who rejects the offer. As it turns out, the clown was secretly disappointed because he felt Shanks had what it takes to be the next Pirate King.... Buggy himself abandoned such ambitions long ago after realizing he was no match for his fellow swabbie. Yet now, in the present, Shanks is suddenly making a move for Laugh Tale... which doesn't sit well with him. This fires him up, as despite it happening through luck and happenstance, Buggy is now an emperor too, and now he has a new ambition: TO BECOME PIRATE KING!!!! Croc and Mihawk are skeptical of the clown's new drive, but the emperor is undeterred: He makes the announcement to all of Cross Guild: It's time to take claim of the One Piece...!!!!

-Finally, we cut to Kamabakka Queendom. The RA receives a pleasant surprise: The safe return of Sabo! As it turns out, he wasn't actually at the Lulusia kingdom when Imu destroyed the island.... by then, he was already on a ship out at sea with some Lulusia citizens who volunteered to join the RA (one of them is Moda, the milk girl from the Ace ministory). Sabo wastes no time as he meets up with Dragon and Ivankov: He's going to tell them what truly went down at Mariejois.....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-04-26 at 13:29.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 13:27   Link #2
marvelB

Dang, quite a bit to take in this chapter.... the death of T-Bone (I always liked that guy ), Buggy's renewed ambition, and now Sabo's going to explain what happened at the Reverie.... which most likely means Oda will cocktease us and wait until Egghead wraps up to actually reveal it, lol.
Old 2023-04-26, 13:41   Link #3
Gerard07

Ohh, so there's a chapter this week, it's a pleasant surprise. Regarding spoilers, it's mostly about Cross Guild and Buggy and Sabo confirmed that it's fine, there may be revelations soon, wait for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 17:50   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't expecting the scene to switch to Cross Guild. It's not that it's uninteresting, but I'd rather see what happens at Egghead or Hachinosu. Or for Sabo to actually tell his story next chapter, but we all know he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Ohh, so there's a chapter this week, it's a pleasant surprise. Regarding spoilers, it's mostly about Cross Guild and Buggy and Sabo confirmed that it's fine, there may be revelations soon, wait for the next chapter!.
There's no chapter, we get spoilers early because leakers gonna leak. The official release is on May 8th.
Old 2023-04-26, 18:59   Link #5
Gerard07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wasn't expecting the scene to switch to Cross Guild. It's not that it's uninteresting, but I'd rather see what happens at Egghead or Hachinosu. Or for Sabo to actually tell his story next chapter, but we all know he won't.

There's no chapter, we get spoilers early because leakers gonna leak. The official release is on May 8th.
Mmm, I see, well we have a chapter and you have to enjoy it XD.
Old 2023-04-27, 01:56   Link #6
Rainbowman

Hope we get the Mariejois revelations in the next chapter. Love the cat-like Luffy sticker on the images. 😻
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 03:28   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Man, Croco Boy sure doesn't want his plan messed up. Unfortunately, he didn't have as many faithful crew as Buggy did.

Buggy has more followers since the crew is faithful to him. But, for Project Utopia, Croco Boy must deal with many errands and score the traits enough to gain WG's attention. If Croco Boy can't defeat Germa or put it in a stalemate, then his project is bound to fail.

Buggy going for One Piece is surely going to be quite a fun trip. I bet Zoro and Luffy want to make some reunion smackdown against Buggy should they cross path.

Now, I wonder what'll happen for Lulusia residents that were evacuated to Kamabakka. It seems Ivankov has to set up separate district since Lulusia was technically a refugees.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 11:53   Link #8
Homura7

Well I'll give it to Buggy, that was certainly an inspirational speech. Perhaps the best part was discovering his resentment towards Shanks wasn't because of envy, all the opposite in fact, Buggy really admired Shanks and was disappointed at him not showing any interest in the One Piece... until today.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 12:41   Link #9
Hoodspirit

Law defeated, Kidd defeated, Garp raiding HQ of a Yonko, whether he succeeds or gets killed/captured, yet the biggest headline that will shake the world will be eggland tomorrow.
I really hope Oda will deliver upon building the hype for egghead after the lukewarm reactions to the events on Wano.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 16:53   Link #10
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Well I'll give it to Buggy, that was certainly an inspirational speech. Perhaps the best part was discovering his resentment towards Shanks wasn't because of envy, all the opposite in fact, Buggy really admired Shanks and was disappointed at him not showing any interest in the One Piece... until today.
Or maybe Buggy was also disappointed in himself... for not sticking with Shanks from the start since that day, and could have even made it to the big leagues back to back. But then he and Luffy wouldn't have ended up in Impel Down, gotten that hefty batch of new recruits after breaking out and escaping the war at Old Marineford, founded his Dispatch organization, and led to the foundation of Cross Guild.

And thanks to that speech, Croc and Mihawk can't off Buggy as a result without turning everyone a part of Cross Guild now against them, so now they're in deep and have to go along with it. Even better, it's thanks to the pair of them that Buggy has that much influence even if he's just a figurehead for their organization.
Croc's starting to wish he had just killed Buggy the first chance he had, but too late now. He's going along with this whether he wants to or not.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 16:58   Link #11
grecefar

I'll give it to buggy, that man has so much charisma.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 22:30   Link #12
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, the marine who died was a good person (possibly there were more Marines who deserved to die in his place), Buggy decided to go for One Piece (to see how he convinces Crocodile and Mihawk) and Sabo will tell him what happened in the Levery (maybe there will be more information about Imp), to wait for the next chapter.
Old 2023-04-28, 03:56   Link #13
TURI123456

Quote:
Having seen the chapter, the marine who died was a good person (possibly there were more Marines who deserved to die in his place), Buggy decided to go for One Piece (to see how he convinces Crocodile and Mihawk) and Sabo will tell him what happened in the Levery (maybe there will be more information about Imp), to wait for the next chapter.
I think that was the point of this part. T-Bone wasn't a bad person, and although that there are problems with the system of the Marines the people who work there are not necessarily corrupt at least most of the Marines are better than most of the pirates.
By the way, the series One Piece never denied this point, even favorite characters by the fan of the series One Piece like Trafalgar D. Water Law, and Monkey D. Dragon are pretty much bad people when you think about it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-28, 14:17   Link #14
Gerard07

Well, you're right, when I was referring to other Marines who deserved to be in their place, I was referring to those who say that people have no rights if they are not affiliated with the World Government.
Well, anyway, I'm looking forward to what Sabo is going to reveal about what he saw at the Levely.
By the way, we are already 2; english is not my native language either XD.
Old 2023-04-28, 16:13   Link #15
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Been saying it for awhile, and this all but confirms it… Oda has been setting this story up to troll us for a long time… Buggy will find the One Piece and become the pirate king while everyone else is duking it out!!!!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-28, 16:24   Link #16
TURI123456

Quote:
Well, you're right, when I was referring to other Marines who deserved to be in their place, I was referring to those who say that people have no rights if they are not affiliated with the World Government.
Well, anyway, I'm looking forward to what Sabo is going to reveal about what he saw at the Levely.
By the way, we are already 2; english is not my native language either XD.

I include them in the definition of "corrupt Marines", although we need to remember that we really don't know how many of the Marines are corrupt and how many are "just" extreme in what they believe.

By the way, I wonder what happens in Dracule Mihawk's past we do know that Sir Crocodile was give up on his dream after he lost to "Whitebeard" (the real name of the character is: "Edward Newgate") but by this chapter (chapter 1082. of the Manga "One Piece") it looks like something similar happens to Dracule Mihawk.

P.S. Maybe there are more.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-28, 19:53   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Or maybe Buggy was also disappointed in himself... for not sticking with Shanks from the start since that day, and could have even made it to the big leagues back to back. But then he and Luffy wouldn't have ended up in Impel Down, gotten that hefty batch of new recruits after breaking out and escaping the war at Old Marineford, founded his Dispatch organization, and led to the foundation of Cross Guild.

And thanks to that speech, Croc and Mihawk can't off Buggy as a result without turning everyone a part of Cross Guild now against them, so now they're in deep and have to go along with it. Even better, it's thanks to the pair of them that Buggy has that much influence even if he's just a figurehead for their organization.
Croc's starting to wish he had just killed Buggy the first chance he had, but too late now. He's going along with this whether he wants to or not.
Damn straight, couldn't have said it better myself. It's like I've been saying for years, now: Buggy's gonna become the PIRATE GOD by the series' end!

On another note, this chapter reminds me of something I've been meaning to touch upon for a while now: Since the timeskip, we've seen several pirates who've either established, or plan to establish their own nations, which I find very interesting. I mean, pre-skip, putting aside Crocodile's plot to usurp the throne from Cobra, I think the only pirate-led country we've seen was.... Amazon Lily, maybe? Oh sure, we also knew that the emperors controlled territory in the NW, but it was never explicitly said at the time that they ruled their own nations (unless I missed something?).

Anyway, fast forward to this point in the story, and we learn that Doflamingo had successfully taken control of a kingdom long before Croc did, Big Mom established her own huge nation (one meant to be inclusive of all races, no less), Kaidou was essentially the shadow ruler of Wano before deciding to make himself a semi-official one by installing Yamato as a puppet leader, and we even recently found out that Blackbeard is trying to make Hachinosu a WG member nation by using a high-profile hostage like Coby as leverage. And for the cherry on top, Croc is resurrecting his old Utopia plot.... this time with the backing of Cross Guild. And in a sense, you could count Germa as a nation of outlaws as well, since the WG booted them from the Reverie after conspiring with Big Mom (don't forget that even before that, they were already pretty infamous as a kingdom of mercenaries). Again, I just find the whole idea of all these pirates and rogues forming their own countries to be most fascinating... it's just too bad that most of these rulers/founders are bloodthirsty tyrants, lol. I wonder if we'll see a country ruled by any "good" pirates before the series wraps up? Sure, it would be cool if Luffy did so, but he doesn't strike me as the type who would be interested in that type of thing, heh.
Old 2023-04-29, 06:41   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Buggy is basically just tsundere for Shanks
This chapter added a lot of depths to his character. I like how Crocodile and Mihawk are forced to go along with everything he says publicly if they don't want to lose their newfound military strength.
Old 2023-04-29, 09:57   Link #19
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

The problem for those two is that they don't have enough charisma or followers. Buggy has more followers especially since he has a big influence with the Impel Down inmates who escaped with him. Crocodile only communicates with the top 10 of his lieutenants (Mr 1 to Mr 5, along with their companions, excluding Nico Robin).

Mihawk, on the other hand, likes to operate alone. So, he won't get much influence when gathering followers since he likes to gauge others' combat power compared to taking them under his wing.

Buggy is more suitable since he has more influence and men under his lead. Although combined would be inferior to Mihawk, the manpower and charisma are what make both Mihawk and Crocodile reluctant to toss Buggy aside.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 16:16   Link #20
Gerard07

I was wondering if we are really getting closer to the final arc of the manga, what will happen to Buggy at the end?, maybe the clown fans will be mad at me but I personally think Buggy will die but he will do something. that everyone will respect him as a pirate or he will be remembered for a long time XD.