AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters Try - Episode 22 Ranting
Perfect 10 14 46.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-12, 18:39   Link #101
kuroihikari2

Sekai did train his body to hell, though. And does put his body on the line for every battle.

The only thing he gets for free is the Build Burning. But Reiji basically got his Star Build Strike for free, too.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 18:44   Link #102
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
Sekai did train his body to hell, though. And does put his body on the line for every battle.

The only thing he gets for free is the Build Burning. But Reiji basically got his Star Build Strike for free, too.
Not sure how that makes it not hax. No one else has the free bonus powerup and as for suffering its not nearly as bad as what Aila had to go through for her Hax. Especially considering he is not fainting anymore.

True enough I still didn't have to listen to people tell him nonstop that he was greatest ever. Besides at least Reiji was sharing the credit. Sekai is getting all the accolades and is only good because of his gunpla considering he cant even aim a blaster.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 18:45   Link #103
A-Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah you're just ignoring every point I've brought up about how he figured out how to take out Sekai. You're calling it bad because you want to dislike it. We're done here.
No because it's completely obvious why Sekai was benched in this match. It was Yuuma's rivalry. GBFT has done this kind of thing before plenty of times. It was just really badly done here. Trying to conjure up a legitimate explanation for it just makes you look silly.
A-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 18:53   Link #104
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of COURSE he was benched because it was Yuuma's fight! That doesn't change the fact that it was perfectly in-character for Sekai and Minato on how Sekai was defeated. You can't accept that, so this debate is over. No point in mincing words with someone so close-minded.
Old 2015-03-12, 18:56   Link #105
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Knight View Post
Build fighters is an A>B>C type of fighting series which is why this doesn't really make any sense.
I don't believe the show has ever expressed that idea.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:03   Link #106
A-Knight

Quote:
Of COURSE he was benched because it was Yuuma's fight! That doesn't change the fact that it was perfectly in-character for Sekai and Minato on how Sekai was defeated. You can't accept that, so this debate is over. No point in mincing words with someone so close-minded.
That's just grasping at straws though since the writer's probably weren't thinking along those lines. They just wanted a cheap way to get Sekai out of the fight and then throw out a quick explanation after. The way Sekai got taken out fits this perfectly. There was nothing said or implied about how Sakai poured over Sekai's fight data and came up with the perfect plan. No strategy meeting even.

Besides, Sekai had knowledge on his side as well. He knew most of Tryon 3's abilities, and he has fought with Sakai before. The missed fights in the tournament were likely Sakai trashing scrubs, so they don't really matter. Sekai went into the fight well-informed too. So once again, it was badly done.
Old 2015-03-12, 19:06   Link #107
monster

Quote:
Besides, Sekai had knowledge on his side as well. He knew most of Tryon 3's abilities, and he has fought with Sakai before. The missed fights in the tournament were likely Sakai trashing scrubs, so they don't really matter. Sekai went into the fight well-informed too. So once again, it was badly done.
How would any of Sekai's knowledge be of use when he's preoccupied with countering the Tryon 3's attack.
Old 2015-03-12, 19:18   Link #108
kakakka

Quote:
That's just grasping at straws though since the writer's probably weren't thinking along those lines. They just wanted a cheap way to get Sekai out of the fight...
No way you can tell what the writers are thinking outside what's presented. What you are doing now is saying your opinion.

Now this...

Quote:
There was nothing said or implied about how Sakai poured over Sekai's fight data and came up with the perfect plan.
...this is the definition of grasping at straws.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:21   Link #109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The writers have put more thought into this show than you've put thought into your arguments this entire thread. Not my fault you don't want to acknowledge it. It's not the show's job to spoon-feed you every little detail. Just give it some thought and everything makes sense.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2015-03-13 at 02:41.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:23   Link #110
Galaxian

Minato, as some who specializes in building, would know exactly what part of Try Burning to damage in order to severely damage the Gunpla's mobility, thus rendering Sekai's martial art prowess useless. If you think of it that way, it makes sense why Minato was the one to use this strategy.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:29   Link #111
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Not sure how that makes it not hax. No one else has the free bonus powerup and as for suffering its not nearly as bad as what Aila had to go through for her Hax. Especially considering he is not fainting anymore.
"Hax" comes from hacking, meaning you got it through less than legitimate means, and probably outside the conventional way. Training oneself to be better is not hax.

Assimilation damage is just as bad as Aila's feedback. Sekai almost died.

Quote:
True enough I still didn't have to listen to people tell him nonstop that he was greatest ever. Besides at least Reiji was sharing the credit. Sekai is getting all the accolades and is only good because of his gunpla considering he cant even aim a blaster.
No one tells Sekai he's the greatest ever. Not a single person.

Quote:
That's just grasping at straws though since the writer's probably weren't thinking along those lines. They just wanted a cheap way to get Sekai out of the fight and then throw out a quick explanation after.
Again with the making things up. It's pretty clear that the end goal was to get the Yuuma-Minato one-on-one, it being "cheap" is youropinion. For me, and for others, it wasn't because it all came naturally during the course of the fight.

Quote:
There was nothing said or implied about how Sakai poured over Sekai's fight data and came up with the perfect plan. No strategy meeting even.
So what? We know that he's been watching all the Try Fighter's fights. The show doesn't have to spell out every detail about what happens with that. We just can conclude that Minato did something with what he watched.

Quote:
Sekai has never been the cerebral type. Yuuma and Fumina base their strategy around him, just giving him the basic gist of what he has to do. Besides, we're not sure if Tryon 3 even brought out its entire capability during its fights. So I dunno where you're getting all these from.

Sakai's speed-built SD, by the way, is nowhere close to the Tryon 3.
Old 2015-03-12, 19:34   Link #112
A-Knight

Quote:
The writers have put more thought into this show than you've put more thought into your arguments this entire thread. Not my fault you don't want to acknowledge it. It's not the show's job to spoon-feed you every little detail. Just give it some thought and everything makes sense.
Lol, this is a generic action show made to advertise gunpla. Writers don't put detailed thought into these kinds of anime. It's just that Sekai should have been given a better defeat that is in line with his current level. What I said is based on how the episode and fight actually went and the general genre of the show.

If Sekai had to go down, then he should have gone down somewhat like what happened against Snibal-Drago-Gira. Not some rocket fist+boomerang+waist joint crap.

Conjuring up explanations without evidence isn't an argument.
Old 2015-03-12, 19:36   Link #113
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To disprove the bullshit claim of there being no implication that Build Busters have discussed how to defeat Try Fighters:

http://puu.sh/gxTmF/da513a05b2.jpg

Why else would they have a fucking diagram of the Build Burning, Winning, and Lightning Gundams in a discussion scene?

Quote:
Lol, this is a generic action show made to advertise gunpla. Writers don't put detailed thought into these kinds of anime. It's just that Sekai should have been given a better defeat that is in line with his current level. What I said is based on how the episode and fight actually went and the general genre of the show.

Conjuring up explanations without evidence isn't an argument.
That's rich, given how it's really just based off of you not liking the characters and turning your brain off when you watch the show.

Before you continue, how about acknowledging and attempting to argue the points I've brought up instead of just blowing me off with "oh but it's badly done plot forcing!"

Why does no one ever try to actually argue points in this damn forum?

And for your claims of lack of no thought because it's just a generic show to sell Gunpla? The sheer amount of subtle references seen in the overall show kinda proves that you need to put in quite a bit of thought to make the whole thing work. They're not just throwing crap in willy-nilly, and it's not my fault you're incapable of recognizing it.
Old 2015-03-12, 19:39   Link #114
Skaddix

Hax no one else has it and the in universe explanation makes no sense that is not how Nocebo and Placebo works.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:56   Link #115
A-Knight

Quote:
To disprove the bullshit claim of there being no implication that Build Busters have discussed how to defeat Try Fighters:

http://puu.sh/gxTmF/da513a05b2.jpg

Why else would they have a fucking diagram of the Build Burning, Winning, and Lightning Gundams in a discussion scene?

That's rich, given how it's really just based off of you not liking the characters and turning your brain off when you watch the show.

Before you continue, how about acknowledging and attempting to argue the points I've brought up instead of just blowing me off with "oh but it's badly done plot forcing!"

Why does no one ever try to actually argue points in this damn forum?

And for your claims of lack of no thought because it's just a generic show to sell Gunpla? The sheer amount of subtle references seen in the overall show kinda proves that you need to put in quite a bit of thought to make the whole thing work. They're not just throwing crap in willy-nilly, and it's not my fault you're incapable of recognizing it.
I'm not the one who went searching for a random picture to prove an explanation conjured up beforehand. Still, I'll concede that Sakai did discuss some strategy before hand.

The general execution of that part of the fight was still badly done though. I have no trouble turning my brain off for this show, but if you make an expy of Domon Kasshu, then he should always stand epic like Domon Kasshu. And at least explicitly show some pre-planning by Sakai's team. They did it for SDR.

As for those subtle references, if you mean references to Gundam shows and faux psychology, then yeah. Other than that, nothing much. I know what this show is.
Old 2015-03-12, 20:03   Link #116
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I know what this show is.
No. No, you really don't.
Old 2015-03-12, 20:11   Link #117
A-Knight

Quote:
No. No, you really don't.
Then care to inform me of the depth of a generic action show made to sell toys and be epic?
Old 2015-03-12, 20:19   Link #118
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Hax no one else has it and the in universe explanation makes no sense that is not how Nocebo and Placebo works.
Sei and Yuuki both have it.
Old 2015-03-12, 20:26   Link #119
monster

Quote:
The general execution of that part of the fight was still badly done though.
Care to explain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
Sei and Yuuki both have it.
Out of curiosity, has either of them been shown to experience it or was it just mentioned by a character?
Old 2015-03-12, 20:38   Link #120
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Then care to inform me of the depth of a generic action show made to sell toys and be epic?
Care to explain to me why you're constantly ignoring the details and explanations of everyone trying to argue your claims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Out of curiosity, has either of them been shown to experience it or was it just mentioned by a character?
Tatsuya mentions it at the start of episode 10, that he hasn't seen someone Assimilate as deep as himself or Sei.