Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 15:39   Link #21
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
And then there is this" http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...italy_pizza_dc

Quote:

ROME (Reuters) - It may be too early to talk about Pizza Police, but Italian legislators are mulling a detailed draft law laying down rules to protect real Neapolitan pizza. The draft law to separate pure pizza from the putative kind -- all three pages, eight articles and six sub-clauses of it -- was published under the state seal in the Official Gazzette on Tuesday. It decrees that a Nepolitan pizza must be round and no more than 35 centimeters in diameter. The center should not be higher than 0.3 cm and the crust cannot rise over two centimeters. The law specifies what kind of flour, salt, and yeast and tomatoes have to be used. The sub clauses go even further. Margherita, the classic type, must be topped not with just any type of mozzarella but mozzarella "from the southern appenine" mountains. And restaurateurs beware, you can't call a pizza a "Margherita extra" unless it is topped with mozzarella made from buffalo milk -- a southern Italian specialty. Rolling pins are blasphemous and dough machines are heretical. The law says the dough must be kneaded by hand. Take a whiff of this phrase from a government document that usually offers the latest on tax brackets and bilateral trade:" On the whole, the pizza must be soft, elastic and easily foldable in half to form a 'libretto'" If made to specifications, restaurants can label their pizzas STG, or Guaranteed Traditional Specialty. Neapolitan pizza makers convinced the agriculture ministry to work up the law to protect their craft from bogus copies. The law, which can be modified ahead of becoming effective, makes provisions for "controls" on restaurants but gives no details. In a front-page story Wednesday, Italy's leading financial daily, Il Sole 24 Ore, gave it a half-baked review. "It's useless to close the stable door now that the horse has bolted," the paper said, noting that people and restaurants the world over were making pizza any way they wanted.

Last edited by Sakaki; 2004-05-26 at 16:19.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 16:07   Link #22
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki
the link isn't working for me

EDIT:

I see. I don't now if thats funny or just plain creepy

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-05-26 at 22:50.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 17:43   Link #23
Ending

@ Sakaki

Don't try to distract us with that blasphemy; the politicians are *seriously* trying to send us back to the Stone-Age and do not need reminding of such things as that.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:32   Link #24
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Mmmh... In France as well we have a tax on CD-R. It is supposed to cover the money lost by musical artists from p2p. I love it, considering that :

1. There is no garantee that the money really goes to the artists (it goes to a so-called "association for the protection of artists rights").

2. Of course, people are only burning audio CD. No movies or games at all (Actually, I heard about some hi-ranked people in the gaming industry who found that unfair. I don't think they managed to get a part of the pie, though)

3. Since I pay a tax on CD-R, I'm allowed to download as many album as I want, considering the tax is to make up for the money lost by artists, right?

4. The CD-R are even cheaper than before the tax appeared (They are using not-so-legal tricks, that are not really relevant to talk about here).

There is talking about taxing the upload stream now, to fight against P2P swapping. You can guess all the ISPs are incredibly happy about that. Any law like that would cause an internet-riot, so I suppose we are safe for the time being. I can't remember about how many years of jail and how much the fine would be for a P2P case though, because it keeps increasing over the years I can so see that kind of conversation in jail :

- Hey dude, watcha doing here?
- I stabbed a guy in the street who was hitting on my girlfriend, I took 2 years. What about ya?
- I molested few brats that were getting on my nerve. I took 4 years.
*Pointing to the third guy in the jail* - And you?
- I downloaded some movies on emule. 6 years.
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 03:37   Link #25
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
then is it funny to make racist jokes that disgrace black people or calling black people slaves again?
it wouldnt be funny if i make a joke saying that outside of america, it is getting popular to compare anything you think is arrogant or ignorant to bush/americans, would i?
although this is terribly off topic.... yes, jokes about racism are quite humorous. and i could care less about jokes you make about americans, most other countries already do make fun of america. hell, AMERICA makes fun of america. we are fat, lazy, and very ignorant on average.... but we will be damn proud of that if it can make a funny joke. ^_^

other's missery can either be seen as misserable or it can be seen as funny. now wouldn't the world be a happier place if people smiled when they cry? as for me, there is nothing funnier than a man being burned to death... but i'm a bit more sadistic than the average person.

but as to not be deverted from the important descusion of this thread, i urge anyone who wants to debate what is and is not funny to either make a new thread or use private message. (and this is probably the only time i've ever thought a topic was important enough to say that. GO PIRACY! BOO CAPITALISM! )
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 08:06   Link #26
Ending

@ Banisher

It's the same here, and now some companies are starting to escape to Estonia, as they can sell the CD's over border without taxes. It's almost funny in its sadness; artificial taxes to secure artist rights (when they probably get none) and we lose jobs. Higher prices for everyone + job losses = plain stupid.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 19:03   Link #27
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
More Italian nonsense:

If you record your own song to the SIAE and then plays it in a show or club or whatever, you'll have to pay for.. your own rights.
Yes, you will have to give part of the "loot" to the SIAE, and they *will*(probably.. Let's hope they will..Will they? [You understand where I'm going, do you?]) give it back to you.. Cute huh?

A song from the internet will be worth.. 500E while a movie 1300E. A whole album = 20 songs.. Urg, sooo much for a single album.

6 Years of prison? I'm tempted to stab the policeman if they will ever (They will) come and knock at my door... I'll stay in prison less.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 19:16   Link #28
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
More Italian nonsense:

If you record your own song to the SIAE and then plays it in a show or club or whatever, you'll have to pay for.. your own rights.
Yes, you will have to give part of the "loot" to the SIAE, and they *will*(probably.. Let's hope they will..Will they? [You understand where I'm going, do you?]) give it back to you.. Cute huh?

A song from the internet will be worth.. 500E while a movie 1300E. A whole album = 20 songs.. Urg, sooo much for a single album.

6 Years of prison? I'm tempted to stab the policeman if they will ever (They will) come and knock at my door... I'll stay in prison less.
Just fire a round through the door and claim ignorance. "But the gun just went off in my hands!" Here that would get you 5-6 months on good behavior. Or if they ask you what you were going to do with the gun say you were going to shoot yourself, sincerely. You'll be institutionalized and exempt from most laws and taxes. >.>;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 19:30   Link #29
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki
Yup. Like champagne and, I think, other kinds of wines have to either be made in a specific region or have a certain percentage of the product made of ingredients from that region (or some other nonsense like that). What they say it's meant to do is to protect the integrity of the culture and prevent the trademark from dilution, but I get the feeling that there's a healthy bit of "Ooh! I now get to charge a premium for my exclusive product!".

I don't know how they plan on enforcing these laws, though. Okay, if you're selling a product that you call "a Neopolitan pizza" to stores and do a big enough business, you might pop up on their radar, but are they planning to sue every pizza joint - not to mention, housewives, cafes, and such - in the world?
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 02:52   Link #30
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
I don't know how they plan on enforcing these laws, though. Okay, if you're selling a product that you call "a Neopolitan pizza" to stores and do a big enough business, you might pop up on their radar, but are they planning to sue every pizza joint - not to mention, housewives, cafes, and such - in the world?
It's just going to cause all the pizza joints to invent clever/cutesy names for all their pizzas so they can avoid the whole mess. "No, that's not a Neopolitan pizza, that's a Super Chef Special!"
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote