AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-17, 07:25   Link #321
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Prototype for Super Robot Chogokin figure of Aquarion EVOL (and Assault Aquarion and already-released Solar Aquarion)
Old 2012-01-17, 07:29   Link #322
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

^ hohoho I've been waiting for that, double dogeza orz with solar aquarion...

hm nice episode. I'm glad they move from intense battle to school life smoothly (LOL amata!)
I like the flow of this story and that ORZ is just epic!

and fantastic op!!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 08:22   Link #323
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

ミコノさん, ミコノさんは... 柔らかぁぁぁぁい!!! あ!

Poor Shush/Shooshoo/Shushu
Old 2012-01-17, 09:36   Link #324
Shinji01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i just relized that "EVOL" not only stands for Evolution but also "LOVE" in reverse
Wow, i did not see that!

Just watching promotional program for EVOL, but no hints at all...

The cast was saying Mikage= Touma?
Kagura has good sense of smell = Apollo?
Clair = hair looks like Sylvia

Last edited by Shinji01; 2012-01-17 at 09:51.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:18   Link #325
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm calling it now; Andy and Mix will be a couple. It's actually the perfect pairing; she's a strict man-hater with a lot of pride who gets on peoples' cases, and Andy is the light-hearted, easy-to-get-along-with guy who's determined to hit on the girls. Opposites attract as they say, and this would make a great opposites relationship.
You forgot to add what is potentially another 'mix' to the dynamic.

I think it's fair to assume that the bed Amata woke up from... belongs to Andy, based on the picture of the girls there.

And there just so happens to be one (named) girl's picture conveniently missing from it...

I'm also interested to see if anything interesting sparks out of the respective professors, Cyborg Soldier and Sister.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:36   Link #326
mayumi

i hope they do a cosplay episode like in the first one later on in the season. it was hilarious. even the english dub was funny.

i hope some one impersonates amata and his mikono-saning. its as annoying as silvia's oni-chan. mikono's "i am useless" will probably turn out like reika's woe is me, bad luck follows me everywhere.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:48   Link #327
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
You forgot to add what is potentially another 'mix' to the dynamic.

I think it's fair to assume that the bed Amata woke up from... belongs to Andy, based on the picture of the girls there.

And there just so happens to be one (named) girl's picture conveniently missing from it...
Hm, the only named girl's picture I saw among those pics was Zessica's. The other pictures were all of unnamed girls, so I'm not sure what you're pointing at.

Quote:
I'm also interested to see if anything interesting sparks out of the respective professors, Cyborg Soldier and Sister.
I thought that was a pretty obvious upcoming pairing.
Old 2012-01-17, 10:53   Link #328
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Hm, the only named girl's picture I saw among those pics was Zessica's. The other pictures were all of unnamed girls, so I'm not sure what you're pointing at.
My meaning is that even for a guy like Andy, MIX is at a 'DO NOT WANT' tier.

The kind of dynamic where the guy completely ignores the girl to chase after other skirts.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-01-17, 11:13   Link #329
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
My meaning is that even for a guy like Andy, MIX is at a 'DO NOT WANT' tier.

The kind of dynamic where the guy completely ignores the girl to chase after other skirts.
Except Sazanka's picture isn't up there either, as was my point. So while it's possible, it doesn't really mean for sure that that was even MIX's picture, since at least two named pilot girls' pictures are missing.

But if MIX and Andy really are at odds, it just makes an opposites attract relationship all the more fitting.
Old 2012-01-17, 11:46   Link #330
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hmm... don't know if it's my fever ( or my shoujo-manga loving side ), but I'm kinda just warming up to the mental image of Kagura-Mikono.

Or maybe I just want to see more of Amata's ORZ. Which I find to be somewhat dork-ishly endearing, compared to say... Guilty Crown where the ORZ is just annoying.

Quote:
Except Sazanka's picture isn't up there either, as was my point. So while it's possible, it doesn't really mean for sure that that was even MIX's picture, since at least two named pilot girls' pictures are missing.

But if MIX and Andy really are at odds, it just makes an opposites attract relationship all the more fitting.
Hmm, you're right. I somehow 0_o-ed myself and thought Sazanka's picture was there as well. My bad.

Old 2012-01-17, 11:51   Link #331
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

REALLY REALLY missed the Sousei no Aquarion song. . .

but this opening is not really that bad, It's quite good actually

well finally we get a fabulous show after star driver last (last?) year
Old 2012-01-17, 12:52   Link #332
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I was thinking... What was the point of that Aquarion watching over Amata in the flashback of episode 2? I unterstood it was somehow metaphorical, but still... It's something that happened in first series or what? What do you all think? And why?
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:06   Link #333
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The Aquarion that looked at Amata was EVOL though, so either it was metaphorical, or EVOL has appeared before.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 14:07   Link #334
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Aquarion that looked at Amata was EVOL though, so either it was metaphorical, or EVOL has appeared before.
Kagura does state when he looks at EVOL that it is nostalgic.

personally i get the feeling that Kagura is a clone of Apollo infused with his memories. Maybe they found the remains of the old aquarion and though Apollo was dead by then they cloned him to use it towards their plans. However they needed the reincarnation of Celiane. Sirius was only half and they needed the other half which is why they are abducting people hoping to find the reincarnation of Silvia. Apollo himself is really reincarnated into Amata rather than cloned into Kagura though which is something that is really going to throw a wrench into their plans.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 14:22   Link #335
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
I was thinking... What was the point of that Aquarion watching over Amata in the flashback of episode 2? I unterstood it was somehow metaphorical, but still... It's something that happened in first series or what? What do you all think? And why?
I saw the first series and I think it has nothing to do with it. At the moment that scene is a mystery. If it's related to the tragedy in the past, then maybe that scene could have actually happened. Otherwise it could have been metaphorical. For all we know, maybe those were implanted memories.

On an unrelated note, on Amazon Aquarion EVOL currently ranks #48 in preorders, slightly below Rinne no Lagrange which is #44. This was a pleasant surprise. I really hope this series does well.
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Maybe they found the remains of the old aquarion and though Apollo was dead by then they cloned him to use it towards their plans. However they needed the reincarnation of Celiane. Sirius was only half and they needed the other half which is why they are abducting people hoping to find the reincarnation of Silvia.
I thought Sirius reincarnated in Shrade, but now that I think about it maybe he became Jin. Kagura, Mykage and Jin. Maybe all the pilots of the old Aquarion have switched side.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 15:11   Link #336
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon
personally i get the feeling that Kagura is a clone of Apollo infused with his memories. Maybe they found the remains of the old aquarion and though Apollo was dead by then they cloned him to use it towards their plans. However they needed the reincarnation of Celiane. Sirius was only half and they needed the other half which is why they are abducting people hoping to find the reincarnation of Silvia. Apollo himself is really reincarnated into Amata rather than cloned into Kagura though which is something that is really going to throw a wrench into their plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin
I thought Sirius reincarnated in Shrade, but now that I think about it maybe he became Jin. Kagura, Mykage and Jin. Maybe all the pilots of the old Aquarion have switched side.
I like that plot line. Actually, I think it would be interesting enough to make Aquarion EVOL more than just a satire made of cliché from mecha shows. AND it still would work with a lot of cliché. I like it.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 16:21   Link #337
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i just relized that "EVOL" not only stands for Evolution but also "LOVE" in reverse
I can't believe I missed that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
EDIT:
Well that would fit with Shinji's theory that Altea is the real Earth, hence why the pilots are sided with Altea.
Old 2012-01-17, 16:55   Link #338
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm really starting to enjoy this anime. It's not great but it is quite fun to watch. Not sure how the MC managed to balance her entire body on his head but that's anime physics for ya. And the super awesome apology dance was quite something. Just glad there wasn't any "Newtype Union" in the Union in that scene because I don't think I would've ben able to handle that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:12   Link #339
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So this Aquarion is more on fanservice's side. I also think that they are overacting , well something feels , wrong.
The Berlin reference was hilarious.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:14   Link #340
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I can't believe I missed that too
Same here
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction