AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 11:46   Link #221
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BLUE DEEP! The book comes out on March 2nd, but this scan here says that it will contain lots of character trivia (like birthdays and such), and will apparently have character power rankings (note that this has NOT been confirmed, though). And though the ad mentions "Romance Dawn" on there, it looks more like the book will contain chapter 0. Either way, I definitely can't wait for this (which will coincidentally be released around the same time as chapter 558)!
If the power rankings stuff is true, then that is sure to open up a whole can of worms. The activity of debates will be very high, to say the least .
Old 2012-02-16, 15:08   Link #222
marvelB

^Yeah, I'm not 100% certain about what that "FORCE" section said either, so I sent a quick shout-out to Aohige, who can hopefully clarify the issue. Still, one of the past databooks (I forget if it was Red or the original Blue) had pointed out how Luffy and Zoro were roughly equal in strength, so power rankings may not be out of the question (though as you said, revealing such info is tantamount to opening Pandora's Box ).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 19:52   Link #223
Undertaker

First thing I think off is the doroki stuff that appeared before. But that only tells you about the base power level.

I mean remember in DB, saiyan are usually stronger but the earthly are able to raise power level base on technique and concentration.
Old 2012-02-17, 19:03   Link #224
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

No, the "FORCE" section of the book simply covers what type of force needed to survive in the New World.
Such as ships, haki, technology, etc.
Old 2012-02-18, 11:31   Link #225
marvelB

^Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad that it was nothing about power rankings after all, because I can't help but shudder at the chaos that would ensue from such information.....

Anyways, I'm hoping that this book will give away some vague hints about future storylines, kind of like some of the past databooks did. Like for instance, Aohige just pointed out how the book will talk about what kind of technology is needed to survive in the NW, so maybe it could give us more details about Wapometal or something (and for that matter, maybe reveal a little more info about Wapol's new kingdom, but that's just my own selfish little desire ).....
Old 2012-02-22, 11:34   Link #226
marvelB

Pardon the bump, but I just wanted to put out a friendly little reminder that Blue Deep will be released next week! Also, master OP translator Stephen translated that earlier summary about what contents the book will contain:

Quote:
- Character Index
321 characters are introduced, including all birthdays.

- New World Index
Devil Fruits, Haki, Ships, Science: everything you need to know about the New World.

- Eiichiro Oda's Grand Answer
Q & A interview and a "legendary radio interview" put into text for the first time.

- Pirate History Romance Dawn
First ever widespread printing of Chapter 0 of One Piece, which depicts 22 years before the series started.

- Kid's unnamed followers, the Marine officers Hancock bewitched, even Wapol's stray dog will be revealed.

I dunno about anyone else, but the fact that we'll actually learn more about background character like Kidd/Law's crew and even the dog from Wapol's ministory has me freaking pumped.

Oh, and for the coup de grace, here's a better image of the book's cover:

Personally, I feel this extra info is worth the chapter break this week.....
Old 2012-02-22, 12:47   Link #227
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but do we know any of the Straw Hats birthdays already?
Old 2012-02-22, 13:33   Link #228
marvelB

^Pretty sure we know ALL of them already through the SBS. I can't remember all of them at the top of my head now unfortunately, but I know for sure that Luffy's birthday is May 6 and Chopper's is December 24th, at least. I could go search for the rest now, but maybe it would be better to wait for Blue Deep's release where we'll see all their birthdays at once rather than scrambling through all the volumes.....
Old 2012-02-22, 14:18   Link #229
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Yeah i'm all for waiting. I just wasn't 100% sure if the topic had been brought up before or not.

Can't wait for Blue Deep's release.
Old 2012-02-22, 14:22   Link #230
Rainbowman

What I look forward to:

Quote:
- Character Index
321 characters are introduced, including all birthdays.
With all these characters and birthdays, I'll have a great time figuring out their zodiac signs.

Quote:
- New World Index
Devil Fruits, Haki, Ships, Science: everything you need to know about the New World.
Maybe finally we see the entire list of Devil Fruits. We pretty much know the types of Haki, so maybe it involves who has what kind of Haki. With ships, I hope to see the Black Pearl and also have One Piece's Blackbeard commodeer the Queen Anne's Revenge. With the science, I'll let it surprise me.

Quote:
- Eiichiro Oda's Grand Answer
Q & A interview and a "legendary radio interview" put into text for the first time.
Maybe we get to find out what the "D" middle initial stands for.

Quote:
- Pirate History Romance Dawn
First ever widespread printing of Chapter 0 of One Piece, which depicts 22 years before the series started.
Maybe we'll see something new involving the New World.

Quote:
- Kid's unnamed followers, the Marine officers Hancock bewitched, even Wapol's stray dog will be revealed.
It would be good to learn about Kidd's followers besides his fellow Supernova Killer. I doubt anyone would care about the names of the Marine officers that Hancock bewitched if she turned them to stone and crushed them to rubble. Didn't know Wapol even had a dog.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 16:51   Link #231
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

321 characters? HOLY CRAP. That's got to be record. Now that's what I call a character book.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:50   Link #232
marvelB

So today's the day of Blue Deep's release! However, while no big info dump has appeared just yet (just give it some time), we DO at least have a translation of the book's table of contents. Credit goes to Namekuseijin from APforums for the trans:

Quote:
pages 3-8 = Go to the New World!! poster
pages 9-16 = One Piece Colors
pages 20-211 = characters
pages 212-216 = Deep Characters
pages 218-233 = Devil Fruits
pages 234-237 = Haki
pages 238-249 = Ships
pages 250-252 = Science
pages 254-259 = Q&A with Oda
pages 260-264 = Grand Talk (the radio interview?)
pages 266-289 = Chapter 0

I'm guessing that "Deep Characters" mean a more in-depth look at the Straw-Hats and other major characters in the series. And since there's a haki section, I wonder if this means we'll learn more about it than what we already got from Rayleigh's explanation? And of course, I'm looking forward to those interviews, as well. Chances are, Oda may reveal more hints about future storylines as he did in some past interviews....

UPDATE: Well, some pics are starting to leak out, so you know what that means......

Now then, back when Green came out, someone mentioned the possibility of this fellow being the "Bronze" member of Gold Roger's crew:

Spoiler:

Well, Blue Deep gives us his name: Say hello to Schopper Gaban! (Uh, note that that's NOT a final translation of the name). Hm, so we have a "copper" guy, eh? But then again, it would still make sense for him to be the "bronze" dude since bronze is chiefly made up of copper, anyway....

BTW, we got the names of some of those vice-admirals from Marineford, as well:

Mozanbia - One of the VAs Doflamingo was messing around with in chapter 234
Cancer - VA with slicked-back hair (not really sure who this is referring to, haven't seen a picture of the guy yet)
Bastille - Giant masked VA we saw at Marineford
Dalmatian - Obviously the dalmatian zoan guy we saw at Marineford

And this is just the top of the iceberg, folks! More info shall be posted when available.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-03-01 at 15:31.
Old 2012-03-02, 14:34   Link #233
marvelB

HUGE UPDATE INCOMING!!!!

Welp, a good deal more pics leaked out, revealing the names of a bunch of characters! Now, I'm gonna go through all of the ones we've got so far (which will also include the names from the previous post, BTW. Pics will be included to make this job easier):

Spoiler:

...Whew! That IS a lot of characters (and that's not even all of them, considering 321 were promised)! Also, note that there was other info that wasn't 100% confirmed so far (like supernova bounties, and apparently the hobbies of the Yonkou). However, rest assured that more info WILL be posted once proven to be concrete.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-03-02 at 14:53.
Old 2012-03-02, 15:02   Link #234
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

meh, non of them terribly exciting but is nice that Oda give them a name

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 15:37   Link #235
Mateus

the fake strawhats are so weird looking it's funny to think anyone would seriously believe they were the real ones (poor Chopper )
Old 2012-03-02, 15:52   Link #236
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Marvel i'm getting a domain unregistered message, Can't see any of the pics.
Old 2012-03-02, 16:05   Link #237
marvelB

^Really? That's odd. They all work for me. Well, if anyone else has any problems, I suppose I can rehost the pics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
meh, non of them terribly exciting but is nice that Oda give them a name
I dunno, learning the names of Kidd's crew and those marines pretty much made my day, personally (and not to mention that "Iron Boy Scotch" is a pretty badass name, as well).
Old 2012-03-02, 17:02   Link #238
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Thanks for the post marvelB.
Old 2012-03-03, 08:28   Link #239
marvelB

Okay, more info is out now, courtesy of OP expert Greg. However, rather than posting ALL of it here, I figured it would be better to link you to the info's source (go to the second page). However, I will post the more notable info here:

Quote:
Shiki is linked to Luffy with an 'enemy' relationship so it suggests the events of the film may very well have occurred. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT I HAVE ALREADY FOUND MISTAKES IN THE BOOK.

For instance, Shiki's jolly roger is mistakenly listed as Baroque Works' jolly roger. So as is tradition, some of the extra info in the book should be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote:
CURRENT HEIGHTS:
Luffy: 174 cm
Usopp: 176
Sanji: 180
Chopper: Still ?
Nami: 170
Robin: unchanged (188)
Franky: 240cm
Brook: 277cm
Zoro: 181cm

Quote:
IN LUFFY'S RELATIONSHIP CHART, VIVI AND CARUE ARE LISTED AS 'NAKAMA' IN A BOX OUTSIDE THE MAIN CREW. JINBEI IS LISTED AS 'Indebted to' ALONG WITH HANCOCK AND IVANKOFF.

Quote:
It suggests the space pirates were interested in the ruins on the moon.

And now, here comes a bunch of character birthdays (Rainbowman, this one is for you ):

Quote:
Avalo Pisaro's birthday is September 30th.

Van Augur's bd is October 5th.

Vasco's bd is 8/5

Woop Slap's is 2/28

Lafitte's bd 3/13

Shiliew's bd is 6/11

Stronger's bd 4/16

Doc Q's bd 10/18

Devon's bd 3/29

Jesus' bd OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!! I WAS GOING TO WRITE THIS AS A JOKE BUT WHEN I CHECKED THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!! 12/25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!11111 *dies*

Wolf bd 3/2

Portgas D. Rouge bd is 6/10

Sengoku's bd 5/9

Sentoumaru bd 3/10

Tsuru's bd 3/26

Tyranosaurus' bd 10/20

Hattori's bd is August 10th

Vista's bd 2/5

Wapol's bd 8/9

Demalo Black's bd 5/5 (same as Luffy)

Magellan's bd: 10/9

Garp's bd: May 2nd

Dragon's bd October 5th

Yasopp's bd is August 2nd.

As for the interviews, it mainly talks about Oda's personal life, so you can check out the details at that link I posted. However, probably the most notable thing to point out there is that he only drew about half of he wanted to draw so far (and apparently he only gets about 4 hours of sleep a day on a monthly average? Geez, and people complain that he's lazy when he goes on his breaks..... ).

Haven't seen what was said about stuff like Haki and technology yet, but I assure you I'll post it if it's new info.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-03-03 at 15:52.
Old 2012-03-03, 12:35   Link #240
Mateus

^
I seriously hope Oda was exagerrating and he gets more than 4 hours of sleep, we don't need another Zombie Powder