AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-09-04, 15:03   Link #1
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

Ever find a anime you watched when you were a kid?

like when i was 14 i watched adult swim and they had FLCL and a show about a android. then this last year 6 years later i recently found the shows online and watched all the episodes. it was nice. didnt get alot of anime or the show back then. that happend to you?
MEGADANANIMEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 16:37   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I found most of my animes in the past here through help of AS members....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:22   Link #3
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I've long kept a comprehensive list of all the shows I want to watch and have watched that I liked. So I don't really forget about past shows I loved and always seem to get back around to watching them at some point.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:09   Link #4
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

im talking about before you got into anime
Old 2012-09-04, 19:23   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
It was Cardcaptor Sakura for me. I remembered watching a few episodes on TV randomly, then I chased down the entire series in 2006 or so.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:25   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

I mentioned it a lot... Sailormoon... I even do the signature "phrase" Usagi is saying after the transformation back then...

Ah the memories... quite embarrassing for a man like me... hahaha
Old 2012-09-04, 20:10   Link #7
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGADANANIMEFAN View Post
im talking about before you got into anime
Hmm well in that case it'd be shows like Cardcaptors Sakura, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Dragonball Z and Inuyasha.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 22:49   Link #8
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

ive heard of all the rest and sseen them but not Cardcaptors Sakura.

yea i would stay up all night saturdays to watch the android anime, big O and FLCL. sometimes id acidently fall sleep and wake up the next morning like "AHHHH!!!! NOOOOO!!!! WHHHHYYYYY!!!???? SON OF @#$%#$$$#@@%" lol or we would get a power outage or bad tv reception and i got mad. looking back now iot all seems stupid. wish i got into anime sooner. there was a anime club at my school i could have joined
Old 2012-09-05, 01:58   Link #9
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Uh, back in the day when it was first airing on AS, I watched an episode of Ghost In The Shell: SAC...then watched the entire show around 2011...hm...

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 02:51   Link #10
Mr.Inferno

Yes, I used to watch adult swim as well when they have some great anime. I watched pilot candidate, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, and a few others. I recently watched them over again a few weeks ago.
Mr.Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 03:29   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

When I was "a kid" I had 3 choices:
1) Astroboy
2) Speed Racer
3) Gigantor

well, if you count the live-action series Ultraman, I had four.

That was in the 1960s... options have improved a lot since then. Occasionally, I'll trip across an episode from that period and marvel at the terrible dubs of the time.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:34   Link #12
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

My early childhood was pretty darn bleak. I mostly watched substandard western cartoons, but there were a few anime that stood out. Here are some anime that I still remember to this day:

Rurouni Kenshin
Possibly the first anime I ever watched.

Pokemon (the anime)
I developed an obsession with this at some point, but I hate it now. But man, I still adore the RPGs.

Cardcaptor Sakura
I actually like it more now than I did back then.

Digimon Adventure
Pretty good. Holds up a heck of a lot better than Pokemon does.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 23:10   Link #13
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

For me it was Sailormoon, Marine Boy and Speed Racer. Haven't seen Marine Boy online as much but watched the others. Saw Ultraman, Mothra, Godzilla on TV too back then.
Old 2012-09-06, 23:25   Link #14
gsilver

I watched Voltron and Transformers when I was a kid, as well as Superbook (which I didn't even know was anime until a few years ago)

I've watched some of the original Go Lion not too long ago. It's way different than Voltron. It kind of surprised me how bloody the deaths in that show are.
Old 2012-09-07, 04:49   Link #15
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

One of the first cartoons I watched without knowing it was anime was Kimba the White Lion. There were also the ones from World Masterpiece Theatre, like Heidi, Girl of the Alps, which was dubbed in Mandarin.

One particular anime left a very deep impression on me as a kid (when I was between nine and 12), featuring a girl dressed in blue, soaring through an underground "sky" on a futuristic jet glider, in a post-apocalyptic world which had giant armoured insects that looked like caterpillars.

For a long time, I did not know the anime's name, but its powerful imagery stayed with me all the same. It wasn't until I was in junior college (17 or 18) that I realised it was my first exposure to Studio Ghibli's magic.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 05:15   Link #16
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
One of the first cartoons I watched without knowing it was anime was Kimba the White Lion.
My first thought was The Lion King.. that nearly fooled me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
There were also the ones from World Masterpiece Theatre, like Heidi, Girl of the Alps, which was dubbed in Mandarin.
Oh, yeah,the OP with the girl on the clouds... and Princess Sara, Prince Cidy and Little Woman... they're my classic favorites too.
Old 2012-09-07, 05:41   Link #17
RJ TAYLER

I'm of a 'vintage' that means that 1) At home it was all in monochrome until I was seven, 2) The variety was 'limited' to say the least, 3-5 non North American shows a year being common, 3) A real chance the original tapes being wiped by the networks like their live-action counterparts, thus rendering it impossible to see the show again, 4) Last and by no means least the 'QUALITY' issue rearing it's ugly head due to the source material being cheaply made due to the lack of petroleum available due to the Seventies Oil Shock as well as the quite ridiculous censoring and dubbing that occurred at the times.

However what has remained does bring me joy as I watch Astro Boy, Speed Racer and Gratchman to my heart's content today thanks to old VHS copies that I have found over the years.