AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-01-15, 00:47   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 661 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers should be released in the next several hours, so here is the new thread to transition us. Have fun
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:00   Link #2
Esclair

Spoiler:
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:01   Link #3
ranchan13

I liked the fan made chapter better.... Meh
Anyways, nice to see that the first is trying to boost Sasuke to Naruto's level, finally.

As for Naruto, I wonder how Gaara plans to save him
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:03   Link #4
forcerounds

Spoiler for Naruto 661:
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:13   Link #5
II Maestro

Even if the Kyuubi inside Naruto got extracted Minato still has the other half of the Kyuubi and would allow Naruto to continue to fight.

Sasuke got stab by Madara well Sasuke won't go down like and that hoping its some sort of genjutsu if not Hashirama just wasted his effort in giving Sasuke some jutsu.
Old 2014-01-15, 04:38   Link #6
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Isn't the bird he is riding this chapter one of Sai's drawings?
But even if not: Where is the problem? Just find someone with the contract for Hawk-Summoning and sign it.

Somehow the story is getting more and more absurd.
Where did Madara get these black rods from? Is this supposed to be a Rinnegan jutsu, or some sort of bloodline-limit?
And what's with Hashirama's comment that he won't be able to mold Chakra anymore? He is Edo Tensei! Once those things are removed he will heal completely.
Looks to me like the author just wanted a convenient way to take the summons out of the battle.

About Sasuke: Well it looks like it was his own sword and he willingly threw it beside Madara before jumping down, so getting stabbed is probably part of the plan.
now i have my doubt about the blade part because he said something like "shit what is this" , which is why i think he was trying to do something but the blade wasnt supose to come back at him ..; now be they are edo tensei or no if you block their tenketsu if i remember right ? which is what the hyuuga clan(Neji) can do with their gentle fist , chakra cant be mold , there for if they want to mold chakra again they might need to "die"/vanish whatever and come back again but if they don't die and they run around with the same "pierced body" it shouldn't allow them to , after all we seen this black rod are nasty , they may have some trick we don't know about .
Old 2014-01-15, 04:39   Link #7
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
Spoiler for Naruto 661:
How does Kakashi summon Dogs? or Tayuya summon "Doki" the only summons that ever got explained were the sannin's.

The Black Rods are used by all who have the rinnegan so of course Madara can use them as when Nagato and Obito used them it was through Madara's eyes.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 04:39   Link #8
Jaiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And what's with Hashirama's comment that he won't be able to mold Chakra anymore? He is Edo Tensei! Once those things are removed he will heal completely.
Looks to me like the author just wanted a convenient way to take the summons out of the battle.

About Sasuke: Well it looks like it was his own sword and he willingly threw it beside Madara before jumping down, so getting stabbed is probably part of the plan.

even if the touching the rods alerts maradara(or some other trap), it should be worth trying considering that he has the best shot to defeat him.

it looks like sasuke activated his mangekyo before he attacked. but madara already seems to know the abilities of sasukes mangekyo. sasuke most likely has a plan. even though i would like to see him fall flat on his face. its his time to shine while naruto sits back for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
now i have my doubt about the blade part because he said something like "shit what is this" , which is why i think he was trying to do something but the blade wasnt supose to come back at him ..; now be they are edo tensei or no if you block their tenketsu if i remember right ? which is what the hyuuga clan(Neji) can do with their gentle fist , chakra cant be mold , there for if they want to mold chakra again they might need to "die"/vanish whatever and come back again but if they don't die and they run around with the same "pierced body" it shouldn't allow them to , after all we seen this black rod are nasty , they may have some trick we don't know about .
the justu got him by surprise(an enhanced version of deva path's power?). but it looks like the blade was thrown to the ground, not dropped. hes aware that getting close to him wont be easy. but he couldve easily summoned susanoo to counter the blade

Last edited by Jaiven; 2014-01-15 at 04:50.
Jaiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 05:14   Link #9
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i waited weeks for this!?? wat a let down, naruto gets carried off and thats it
Old 2014-01-15, 08:13   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If he got stabbed for real or not, if Naruto see's this he is going to go beserk.
Old 2014-01-15, 08:20   Link #11
james0246

Good chapter. Some decent action and solid plot advancement. Thankfully, Kishimoto didn't drag out the entire Bijuu sealing, and now we can move on to greener pastures. And Sasuke's presumed death is a nice touch, to bad it'll be a genjutsu are a clone or any number of other saves (or the worst of all possible solutions, Sakura will die to revive him). Sadly, the silly Obito crap is still going on in the background. Otherwise, besides some translation issues, good chapter.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 08:30   Link #12
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
Neither Naruto or Sasuke will die. At least Naruto is not a Jinchuuriki anymore.
This suspense is for nothing, after all...
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 08:36   Link #13
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Now Killer Bee is going to die since Gyuki got extracted and unlike Naruto, he has no plot armor or even a plot cup that would allow him to get revived post-extraction. Dammit Kishimoto, why must you do this? And I'm not entirely sure Naruto's making out of this in one piece considering the Shinobi Alliance lacks a White Mage with the Revive spell if you catch my drift.

-Still, the chapter wasn't all bad. Tobirama proves to be a pretty damn good character, waiting for Madara to gloat before striking. At least ONE of the Hokages is willing to get their hands dirty and kill him before he throws the world into Hell. Hashirama is still pretty damn stupid. "Here Uchiha boy (who I just met some 20 minutes ago and was willing to kill an entire village before I told him a bedtime story) let me teach you new jutsu. I am pretty sure you won't misuse it by later trying to kill you best friend/rival. No sir". At least the image of Sasuke getting stabbed is pretty fun, even if I know it isn't going to stick next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinedd View Post
Neither Naruto or Sasuke will die. At least Naruto is not a Jinchuuriki anymore.
-That's not a good think y'know? Being a jinchuuriki and his overall relationship with Kurama was one of the most interesting aspects of his character. He's also going to die without being one so no, not a good thing at all.
Old 2014-01-15, 09:21   Link #14
Breimoon

now i wonder what is the tailed beasts plan. Destroy the enemy from the inside? summon their old geezer's edo tensei?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 10:00   Link #15
Cookie-Monster

On a side note, I read somewhere that the anime is about to go into a filler arc soon.

The anime is still pretty far behind. If the manga is really in its concluding fight, there should be more than enough time left for the anime to catch-up filler free.

Unless this is not really the "final fight", and the ending of naruto will be
Obito-Fight---> Madara fight ---> Some next unknown fight (Naruto v Sasuke)? ---> Concluding village reunions.

Or .... perhaps they just wanna drag out the anime even longer for more $$ and catching up to the manga is not their concern =)

As for this chapter, I didn't really mind it. I'm not sure why people expect some super awesome stuff after a break. The author was just taking his vacation. The plot will progress as usual after he returns so one would expect just "another" chapter.

Isn't kyuubi's other half still with Minato?
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 11:10   Link #16
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Looks like Izanami or Izanagi will take effect.
Old 2014-01-15, 11:20   Link #17
Casshern

Madara is about to get trolled, and it looks like Naruto is flying to the moon with Gaara on his sandcloud. Gaara gonna show him the true meaning of his tattoo, a bit of spatial manipulation and /romancethread finally.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 12:51   Link #18
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

I think madara used the push/pull power of the rinnegan...whatever he did, it looked like sasuke was paused in mid air....

Also he didn't have to my ninja tobirama like that. Damn lol
Old 2014-01-15, 12:52   Link #19
Zenex
Banned

I dunno why people keep thinking naruto even has a possibility to die. his mother survived a full bijuu extraction while at her exhaustion point from a long child birth. naruto got half a bijuu extracted while he was feeling fine and full of energy. He may be exhausted but all he needs is some med attention and he will be fine.

now onto the interesting part of the chapter.....sasuke. So finally it is go time and sasuke has a real opponet because this guy has just been playing support ninja forever now. Madara seems very very interested in sasukes eyes. Wonder if madara will try and take them.

also im wondering if sasuke can now heal. maybe hashi gave him some dna allowing him to heal like madara does so being stabbed wont be to bad.

Also keep in mind sasuke let madara have his sword. he is not a ninja dumb enough to throw a weapon like that next to an opponet like madara without meaning to.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 13:27   Link #20
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If he got stabbed for real or not, if Naruto see's this he is going to go beserk.
- Arghhh you, you stabbed my boyfriend, my only love!!! Rorghh arghh arghh I going to became not a sage of six path BUT A SAGE OF DOZEN PATH!!!! AARGHHH

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion