AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-04, 21:00   Link #1921
danaXOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by iealchemist View Post
Spoiler for About Julio:

Personally I don't like him, him and the pope are tools.

ohhhh really?? that sucks. i'm only starting to read the novels so i'm not up to date yet. that's kinda disappointing. i was hoping for saito to get some competition since louise always seems to get that from the other girls.

does the war continue on? what's the main plot line for the rest of the story?

thanks for the info!
danaXOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 21:08   Link #1922
Flere821
Lurker

I read the Chinese version of fan translations, not Japanese.

And I agree that Henrietta's actions aren't exactly proper, but she doesn't actively go after her best friend's lover. I for one hope she ends up with someone good by the end of the series, and doesn't end up in a political marriage.

And about Julio:

Spoiler for About Julio:

EDIT: If you mean the war between Gallia and Romalia, against Joseph, that ends in vol15. After that the Pope becomes the main antagonist, and after that the elves are the antangonists as of Vol19, as they kidnapped Saito and Tiffania and took them out of Helkegenia.

Last edited by Flere821; 2010-09-04 at 21:11. Reason: See post above.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 00:55   Link #1923
danaXOX

wow that' s a lot of new stuff going on. what i'm kind of wondering is that it seems like louise's role as the void user doesn't seem like a central part of the story anymore. has saito's role been promoted to being the protagonist of the story?

i'm really glad this forum exists. none of my friends watch anime anymore so i don't really have anyone to discuss these things with. you guys are awesome
Old 2010-09-05, 02:50   Link #1924
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaXOX View Post
wow that' s a lot of new stuff going on. what i'm kind of wondering is that it seems like louise's role as the void user doesn't seem like a central part of the story anymore. has saito's role been promoted to being the protagonist of the story?

i'm really glad this forum exists. none of my friends watch anime anymore so i don't really have anyone to discuss these things with. you guys are awesome
The whole deal with Saito being the main protagonist is a bit weird. It sorta feels like he's an outsider thrown into this, even with him being there a while, how everything he experiences is new to him.

It'd be refreshing to have something more related to Saito's back-story, like a chapter cuts to his world where his parents know he's in a different world, and knew he'd be summoned somehow before it happened.

Anyway, the main focus is more on the war coming up against the elves, and louise is more a part of the mystery of the void.
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 09:09   Link #1925
azziz

what you suggest would be good enough for a side story,but i don't see what it could bring to the main plot;i'll be more interested to see a link between saito and brimir like he somehow choose him as louise's familiar because as someone from another world he would no be prejudicied against elf(we've seen,after her memory loss, what kind of fanatic louise would have become if she has never meet him).
i'd like to think he also has a hand in tiffa birth-why her mother,a proud elf choose to be a human mistress,living in hiding,while knowing her child could be a void user?
-you know if he feel guilty and want to avoid a repeat of hat happened 6000 years ago,it'd be interesting.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:53   Link #1926
danaXOX

i see...wow there's a lot of stuff that i do not know about yet. are the light novels released once a month? do you know where i can find raws of the novels?
Old 2010-09-05, 14:48   Link #1927
Hyakimaru

Quote:
i see...wow there's a lot of stuff that i do not know about yet. are the light novels released once a month? do you know where i can find raws of the novels?
The light novels aren't released on a strict schedule but rather whenever they're ready... although lately they've been coming out every 6 months more or less.

I'm not sure whether or not we're allowed to discuss where to get the raws of light novels here, but if you're really interested just send me a pm.
Hyakimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 17:24   Link #1928
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
yeah its kinda random, so we don't really know when we are going to get the next vol. it really depends on how fast the writer can churn out more plot........

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 17:45   Link #1929
danaXOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
yeah its kinda random, so we don't really know when we are going to get the next vol. it really depends on how fast the writer can churn out more plot........
that sucks...i hate the anticipation in a way. have any of you heard about a season 4? it probably won't happen (it looks like) but i did hear there's a second manga. does the manga also follow the light novels?
Old 2010-09-06, 19:44   Link #1930
Hyakimaru

Quote:
that sucks...i hate the anticipation in a way. have any of you heard about a season 4? it probably won't happen (it looks like) but i did hear there's a second manga. does the manga also follow the light novels?
For what i heard, the new manga skips ahead a few volumes from where the old manga left off, but i haven't been able to confirm this myself. And if the new is anything like the old one, then it follows the light novels closely but changing a few details every now and then.

No info about a season 4 and since J.C. Staff seems to be done with this series i doubt we'll ever see one.
Old 2010-09-06, 21:00   Link #1931
danaXOX

i like how detailed the light novels are with the character development (so far, at least). but the anime brings the characters to life so it's also nice. i miss seeing louise and saito and guiche haha

despite all the drama, i love how funny the story can be
Old 2010-09-06, 21:26   Link #1932
Hyakimaru

Quote:

i like how detailed the light novels are with the character development (so far, at least). but the anime brings the characters to life so it's also nice. i miss seeing louise and saito and guiche haha

despite all the drama, i love how funny the story can be
I know, to be honest i would have liked a new season that covered (or at least tried to) volumes 13, 14 and 15, maybe even with an AO ending to give closure to the anime... but well it doesn't really matter, chances are they would have screw it up somehow.

But yeah, in the end the source material it's always the best.
Old 2010-09-06, 22:23   Link #1933
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
I know, to be honest i would have liked a new season that covered (or at least tried to) volumes 13, 14 and 15, maybe even with an AO ending to give closure to the anime... but well it doesn't really matter, chances are they would have screw it up somehow.

But yeah, in the end the source material it's always the best.
if somebody (or I should say some company) who is willing to invest enough money and respect the originality of the whole ZnT novel story, and animate it, then I can guarantee the ZnT story is a block-buster. At least much, much better than the state the ZnT anime is in now. unfortunately that is unlikely to happen, as the reputation of the anime is tarnished beyond repair, dragging down the novel's reputation with it (in terms of ppl who never read the novel before/after watching the anime)..........sad........

Old 2010-09-07, 17:02   Link #1934
danaXOX

ahhhh i wish i could just read ZnT all dayyyyy but alas, i have lots of hw and schoolwork that i must catch up on.

three seasons of ZnT in three days plus all the subsequent reading about it really made me behind schedule!
Old 2010-09-07, 18:33   Link #1935
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
ahhhh i wish i could just read ZnT all dayyyyy but alas, i have lots of hw and schoolwork that i must catch up on.

three seasons of ZnT in three days plus all the subsequent reading about it really made me behind schedule!
Here is my suggestion. Watch the season 1 and 2, leave season 3, its too screwed up. Read the novels afterwards........

Old 2010-09-07, 18:39   Link #1936
danaXOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
Here is my suggestion. Watch the season 1 and 2, leave season 3, its too screwed up. Read the novels afterwards........
too late, i already watched all three. the third season wasn't very good but at least it was funny at certain parts hahah
Old 2010-09-07, 18:43   Link #1937
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
too late, i already watched all three. the third season wasn't very good but at least it was funny at certain parts hahah
oh, I stopped watching after like 5 episodes........

Novel~Novel~

Old 2010-09-11, 22:41   Link #1938
1JennyFan

I found an English translation of these, and I can quite honestly say I'm addicted to them. They're like fanfiction, but better! Some parts are so fun to read over and over again... haha!
1JennyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 01:33   Link #1939
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JennyFan View Post
I found an English translation of these, and I can quite honestly say I'm addicted to them. They're like fanfiction, but better! Some parts are so fun to read over and over again... haha!
It's like an epiphany finding them and reading them for the first time .
BTW we need more good ZNT fanfictions to pass the time between new novels. (preferably based on the novels instead of the anime.)
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 05:07   Link #1940
Flere821
Lurker

^ If you want a good ZnT fanfic, I suggest 'Points of Familiarity', by IMO the best fanfic writer I've ever came across.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen