AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-20, 12:49   Link #181
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think Ace will sacrifice himself for his brother's or for WB's sake...he doesn't strike like the guy who wants to be saved, and with him choosing his own death, the war might still be avoided, the truth about Ace could still spread and the plot would still progress normally...
Not that I don't want Ace to live, but I haven't thought it out that much yet.
Old 2009-07-20, 13:48   Link #182
Master Mold
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think Ace will sacrifice himself for his brother's or for WB's sake...he doesn't strike like the guy who wants to be saved, and with him choosing his own death, the war might still be avoided, the truth about Ace could still spread and the plot would still progress normally...
Not that I don't want Ace to live, but I haven't thought it out that much yet.
Newgate would still attack the WG even if Ace offed himself. That is just what kind of man he is. I don't think there is a "might" at this point. Unless Oda just wanted to troll the hell out of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss
Also I cant really see Ace going back to his normal life as a normal pirate anymore now that everyone knows his father was Roger.
What would it matter? this is a world where heroes are painted black with villainous colors and the vile scum are painted as heroes to the mindless masses.

Quote:
If its fresh news to Whitebeard, Depending on Whitebeard's thoughts about Gol D Roger, he'd not allow his former rivals son in his army anymore.Maybe only to humiliate him.
I don't think its fresh news, to Newgate, and if it is he does not care, for Ace is his son and Ace sees Newgate as his father.

Quote:
Not sure if Whitebeard enjoyed the rivalry between him and Roger but Roger won the world and WB left aside as the second strongest guy in his times until Roger died.Why would any pirate feel pity for his nemesis's son? Only if Whitebeard vs Roger were friendly rivals.
Newgates and Rogers rivalry wasn't a dirty one. If you go back and reread chapter 434 you would easily see that Newgate has/had respect for his deceased equal Roger, even tho he calls him a bastard.
Old 2009-07-20, 16:15   Link #183
Rainbowman

Lightbulb

Since Sengoku revealed Ace's true past, this makes me wonder how long it would be until Whitebeard or some other character reveals Sengoku's true past. I mean Sengoku is said to be connected with Whitebeard and others back then.
Old 2009-07-21, 07:05   Link #184
james0246

Spoiler for Spoiler for 551:
Old 2009-07-21, 07:16   Link #185
andy

seems awesome going to have to wait a while longer to find out more stuff
Old 2009-07-21, 07:50   Link #186
SMASHERJACKSON

cant wait for tranlated scans of this ch, seems wb will die now
Old 2009-07-21, 08:35   Link #187
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler for 551:
It seems I was not mistaken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
If what WB tought about Ace is as the same as what Ace thought about WB (which Im positive it is), then WB don't see Ace as Rogers son, but he see him as His own son.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-21, 08:42   Link #188
shankss
CP10

First showing Whitebeard as a zealotic idiot, then turning him into a touchy emotional father makes no sense to me.Whitebeard clearly stated that he doesnt care what happens to Ace as long as Blackbeard's dealt with so why he cares that much now? Where was his mind when a freaking yonkou personally warned him against Blackbeard? A real father figure should've cared about his sons safety at first place but our pirate king wannabe attacked another yonkou instead to kill time.

Dont go telling me that "he was thinking BB was barely a threat against Ace", if a yonkou comes just to tell that one would surely panic and at least send someone to warn ace.

Seems to me like WB is just pretending to impress the crowd by taking the roger's son...or maybe wants to personally execute ace in the name of their weirdo honor code.Time will tell...
Old 2009-07-21, 09:03   Link #189
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
First showing Whitebeard as a zealotic idiot, then turning him into a touchy emotional father makes no sense to me.Whitebeard clearly stated that he doesnt care what happens to Ace as long as Blackbeard's dealt with so why he cares that much now? Where was his mind when a freaking yonkou personally warned him against Blackbeard? A real father figure should've cared about his sons safety at first place but our pirate king wannabe attacked another yonkou instead to kill time.

Dont go telling me that "he was thinking BB was barely a threat against Ace", if a yonkou comes just to tell that one would surely panic and at least send someone to warn ace.

Seems to me like WB is just pretending to impress the crowd by taking the roger's son...or maybe wants to personally execute ace in the name of their weirdo honor code.Time will tell...
A few things wrong with what you said.
Where in the conversation between Whitebeard and Shanks did he say or implied he didn't care about Ace????
From what I got out of the conversation between Whitebeard and Red-Haired was that he (Whitebeard) is a man who stands firm in his morals...
Blackbeard committed a crime, and since he was under Ace's command, it was Ace;s responsibility to punish Blackbeard...
Whitebeard applies the same exact rule to himself...
When Ace is captured bound by his morals he's going to war against the World Government, regardless if Ace had died or not...
That's just part of his way of doing things...
Going by your standard, you might as well say Garp didn't care for Luffy's well-being, when he tossed in the jungle by himself and etc.

As far as he convo with Shanks goes...
Nobody knows how long ago the fight between Shanks and Blackbeard was...
Obviously Shanks wasn't a Yonkou and Blackbeard wasn't part of Whitebeard's crew....
Also you got to worry about "saving face"..
You cant show weakness in front of your enemy, or show favoritism among the crew mates...and on top of that, Pride, you think Whitebeard gonna listen to someone who is still a child (in his eyes)

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-07-21 at 09:19.
Old 2009-07-21, 09:04   Link #190
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
First showing Whitebeard as a zealotic idiot, then turning him into a touchy emotional father makes no sense to me.Whitebeard clearly stated that he doesnt care what happens to Ace as long as Blackbeard's dealt with so why he cares that much now?
What Manga have you been reading? Last time I checked Newgate is facing the WG to save Ace.......

Quote:
Where was his mind when a freaking yonkou personally warned him against Blackbeard? A real father figure should've cared about his sons safety at first place but our pirate king wannabe attacked another yonkou instead to kill time.
You can't blame Newgate, Shanks talked about leaving Blackbeard alone.........if a guy killed one of YOUR sons, and some young punk told you to leave him alone you telling me you wouldn't be mad? Not to mention if it wasn't for Blackbeard hiding his strength for a decade he would be dead already. Ace's predicament happened for Blackbeard being the Thanos (aka a smart bastard) of the One Piece world, and fooling the Whitebeard Pirates for a 2nd time, this war might be a 3rd.

and IIRC Shanks was the one to draw his sword 1st.

Quote:
1st off even if Newgate took Shanks warnings about a guy Newgate thought he know better then Shanks, it was already two late for Ace met up with Blackbeard around the same time IIRC.
Old 2009-07-21, 09:11   Link #191
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-21, 09:22   Link #192
marvelB

Okay guys, you can talk about the new chapter here. The thread will be stickied later by xris or any other mod.
Closed Thread