AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha StrikerS - Overall series rating
Perfect 10 47 15.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 17.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 19.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 62 21.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 44 14.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 2.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 3.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.06%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-17, 14:47   Link #301
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hence why some of us consider it a silly plot device.

Considering this is a Japanese anime, and the writers most likely just went with what they knew instead of doing deep research... I think that might be possible.
So the question becomes whether they were trying to make it look silly/stupid, or because they needed a silly plot device.
Old 2009-09-17, 14:49   Link #302
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

or they weren't really paying attention when writing up the storyboard
Old 2009-09-17, 14:52   Link #303
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The real reason they created is was obviously as an explanation why the Aces didn't just steamroll the enemy. Storyboard... or rather scriptwise, I'd say they were on a time limit, and just went with what they had.
Old 2009-09-17, 20:44   Link #304
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sometimes I wonder if things would be better off if 7Arcs just stuck to the good ol' formula of whizbangs and pantsu rather than try to do a half-assed 26 episode essay on the wider world. Because the number of episodes have doubled, the pain of it all was squared.

The only good thing I suppose was to give doujin groups and fandom light novelists like us stuff to chew on... just that we're also chewing on them for mucking it up.
Old 2009-09-18, 00:55   Link #305
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Sometimes I wonder if things would be better off if 7Arcs just stuck to the good ol' formula of whizbangs and pantsu
Well, the market is very competed in that sense. >_>
Old 2009-09-18, 00:56   Link #306
GlancingReverse

All they'd need is to throw in some very convincing Nanoha/Fate hints, and they'd have a decently sized audience, if the past seasons have anything to tell.
Old 2009-09-18, 02:47   Link #307
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

They already did that as an excuse to run 26 episodes of chaff. Giving more isn't going to cure the hubdrub it was to watch through some parts, and I was so fatigued that when we got to the action, it felt meh...
Old 2009-09-18, 05:33   Link #308
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlancingReverse View Post
All they'd need is to throw in some very convincing Nanoha/Fate hints, and they'd have a decently sized audience, if the past seasons have anything to tell.
Actually, that's one of the things they could have toned down, in my opinion. The amount of NanoFate in StrikerS, or rather the timing of those moments, made me rub my eyes and go 'alright, we get it, now can we get back to the story?'

I'm quite curious how Force will deal with this. Vivid is obviously leaning on the NanoFate, I wonder if they'll reduce the NanoFate with Force? The two series are very much opposite of one another in terms of setting after all...
Old 2009-09-18, 08:47   Link #309
Iromaru

Quote:
Actually, that's one of the things they could have toned down, in my opinion. The amount of NanoFate in StrikerS, or rather the timing of those moments, made me rub my eyes and go 'alright, we get it, now can we get back to the story?'
The thing is there's not much to get back to. Let's be honest here, StrikerS main story suck. I'm sure I'd like StrikerS much more if instead of showing us pointless talking, training, badly animated drone/cyborg bashing and Jail making weird faces they would give us more info about life on Mid or ancient Belka, TSAB internal politics and RF6 members hanging around together on their free days. A friendly match between Nanoha and Fate A's style would be much better than any fight we saw in StrikerS.

Quote:
I'm quite curious how Force will deal with this. Vivid is obviously leaning on the NanoFate, I wonder if they'll reduce the NanoFate with Force? The two series are very much opposite of one another in terms of setting after all...
I think Force will have little if any NanoFate at all. Nanoha and Fate aren't main characters anymore so I doubt they will do more than occasional ass kicking.
Old 2009-09-18, 10:01   Link #310
Arkeus

Quote:
According to StrikerS, they are supposed to prevent jealousy between units.
No.

According to StrikerS, Mage are distributed evenly to prevent jealousy amongst other things.

However, Limiters is an acknowledged way to bypass that, though shari comment that it's "playing dirty".
Old 2009-09-18, 10:13   Link #311
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hence, limiters are used to prevent jealousy.
Old 2009-09-18, 10:47   Link #312
Arkeus

Quote:
Hence, limiters are used to prevent jealousy.
NO

Limiters are used to cheat our way out of laws that are used to prevent jealousy.
Old 2009-09-18, 10:52   Link #313
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And hence, limiters are used to prevent jealousy.

It's quite simple really. The rules are in place to prevent jealousy. Breaking the rules causes jealousy. Using limiters allows you to break the rules without causing jealousy. Hence, limiters prevent jealousy.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:03   Link #314
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...which, of course, since people don't work that way, hence why limiters are dumb because it won't prevent jealously eventually.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:20   Link #315
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

...particularly when the people being limited are famous throughout the military and therefore of jealousy-inducing celebrity status regardless of how big the pink beams o'doom are at any given time. Hence, as repeatedly stated, limiters are dumb.
Old 2009-09-18, 21:01   Link #316
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If you ask me, limiters on Nanoha and Fate just mean the girls will learn new and more creative ways of befriending stuff. Which makes them that much more dangerous once they have the limiters removed.
Old 2009-09-18, 22:36   Link #317
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Let's be honest here, StrikerS main story suck.
Being honest here, I think that's only your own opinion. Personally I liked the main concept behind Strikers' plot, even if I'm not all that satisfied with the execution.
Old 2009-09-18, 22:41   Link #318
GlancingReverse

Yeah, StrikerS had a perfectly fine plot, except it was brought down by some bad execution and far too much focus on the Forwards. I mean, they were okay, but I think most of us went into the season to see Nanoha and Fate.
Old 2009-09-19, 00:04   Link #319
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Yeah, StrikerS had a perfectly fine plot, except it was brought down by some bad execution and far too much focus on the Forwards. I mean, they were okay, but I think most of us went into the season to see Nanoha and Fate.
Well, I thought learning about the Fowards was pretty cool, actually. It was fun to see Fate and Nanoha in the role of mentors to the younger members of the cast.
Old 2009-09-19, 00:04   Link #320
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Cast Overload really became a problem with StrikerS. In 26 episodes, it introduced more named characters than MGLN and A's did in their 26 episodes--and then used all of them alongside most of the returning cast from the first two shows. New villains are to be expected, but for example did there need to be so many new support staff in RF6? Mariel could have easily filled in for Shari's role, and Amy for at least one of Griffith and Luceno, and Alto is kind of superfluous. Likewise, Ginga's entire purpose in the story was to give Subaru an emotionally-charged one-on-one, but as Tea's battle showed, it wasn't necessary to have it be personal to be interesting (for example, they could have ditched Erio and Caro entirely and had Subaru take on Lutecia). It's not that any of the characters are necessarily bad, it's just that with so many of them, few could really get the development time necessary to really appreciate them and whenever they got a shot at the limelight it just broke up the flow of the story.
Closed Thread