AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-01-26, 23:58   Link #1
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Extracting a 2-part RAR file

I have a RAR file here, but it's a 2-part RAR file and the 2nd part tells me I need to start the extraction process from the previous volume (the 1st part) to extract the 2nd. I've tried to find how to do this in the help topics in WinRAR but can't find it. Can anybody tell me how to do this?
Old 2009-01-27, 00:11   Link #2
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

The first part should have a .rar extension, the second will have something like .r01, the third with .r02, and so on. Simply open the first part (the one with .rar) and tell it to extract, and if they're correctly named WinRAR should go find the other parts on its own.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 00:36   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
The first part should have a .rar extension, the second will have something like .r01, the third with .r02, and so on. Simply open the first part (the one with .rar) and tell it to extract, and if they're correctly named WinRAR should go find the other parts on its own.
Actually both files have a .rar extension just the same, although one says ".part1" before the ".rar" extension, and the second says ".part2" before its ".rar" extension.
Old 2009-01-27, 02:00   Link #4
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually both files have a .rar extension just the same, although one says ".part1" before the ".rar" extension, and the second says ".part2" before its ".rar" extension.
WinRAR should then ask you where the second part is (or automatically look for it) when you start extraction from part1. I assume you did that and it yelled at you, in which case please tell me the error message you got.

7Zip handles ZIP, RAR, everything, and it's free.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 02:02   Link #5
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That is another way that split files are named and as you've been told by the software your using you only need to extract from the first part and the software will take it from there and extract the data automatically from the second part without any extra input from the user.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 03:35   Link #6
Shadow Kira01

As long as the filename matches, all you got to do is extract it from part 1. It should work..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 07:58   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I can't remember the exact error message WinRAR gave me back when I tried to extract it using that, but I just tried 7Zip like Claies said and it worked. Thanks for the help, guys. ^^