AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-22, 01:25   Link #3001
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I like Spirit...it helps me kill things faster (Fel Armor up: +30% of Spirit as Spell Power is nice I think). But as a mana regen....naw. My Life Tap works fine still even if they are playing with the numbers.
Old 2009-03-22, 02:20   Link #3002
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

For Enh Shaman, the only main stat you need to focus on is atk pwr and crit rating.
Until you get lava lash + elemental fury, it's best to stick with slow MH/OH with WF/WF setup.

After that, go with WF slow MH/ FT fast OH setup. This is the most common progression for enh shammies.

Mana consumption is generally very low at low lvl; at high lvl, you ll need to use shamanism to offset the higher cost of including insta casted LB/ CL from Maelstorm weapon stack.

At high level, you can godmode every 3 min busting all your CDs Orc sham does it better than anyone else.
Old 2009-03-22, 02:22   Link #3003
Xacual

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000
That was my initial plan for my shaman come 80 of course I never got past 70.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 02:53   Link #3004
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

But is Enhancement viable for leveling at all? Or do you need a minimum level to make it useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That's all it affects, assuming you're talking about elemental weapons.
Well, what I meant was that Flametongue has two bonuses, extra magic DPS for the weapon and extra spell damage for spells. I'm wondering if the flametongue talent affects both.

And I noticed that Shaman spells... scale with level? Lolwut? When did that happen? You used to see big dents in your mana when you bought new spells... and shields are now free to cast? Holy crap! It's like they took everything I hated about being a shaman and tossed it into the incinerator.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 02:57   Link #3005
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
That's pretty much what i would spec at 80 if i went elemental. Currently resto specced and probably going resto/enh once 3.1 comes about.
Old 2009-03-22, 03:10   Link #3006
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
For Enh Shaman, the only main stat you need to focus on is atk pwr and crit rating.
Until you get lava lash + elemental fury, it's best to stick with slow MH/OH with WF/WF setup.

After that, go with WF slow MH/ FT fast OH setup. This is the most common progression for enh shammies.

Mana consumption is generally very low at low lvl; at high lvl, you ll need to use shamanism to offset the higher cost of including insta casted LB/ CL from Maelstorm weapon stack.

At high level, you can godmode every 3 min busting all your CDs Orc sham does it better than anyone else.
The fast OH thing is pretty debatable. While the FT procs themselves (and things like Static Shock) do more damage with a fast OH, LL and SS still do more damage with a slow one. Apparently, these factors pretty much cancel each other out and what ends up being better depends on your particular stats (haste rating, etc) more than any generic rule about speed.

Also, apparently they're normalizing FT in 3.1, so slow will become the clear winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, what I meant was that Flametongue has two bonuses, extra magic DPS for the weapon and extra spell damage for spells. I'm wondering if the flametongue talent affects both.
The talent only affects the bonus spellpower. It doesn't affect the fire damage proc.

Quote:
And I noticed that Shaman spells... scale with level? Lolwut? When did that happen? You used to see big dents in your mana when you bought new spells... and shields are now free to cast? Holy crap! It's like they took everything I hated about being a shaman and tossed it into the incinerator.
All spell costs for all spells for all classes scale with level since 3.0. It was introduced as a way to finally stop healers from downranking spells. Apparently balancing around downranking was giving Blizzard a headache, so they made the costs increase on their own so you'd have no reason not to use the highest rank spells. It doesn't actually make the spells cheaper when you train new ranks, it just makes them more expensive for the levels immediately preceding the new ranks... Free Lightning Shield is kinda cool, I guess. I've never actually bothered casting it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
That is exactly my spec.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 03:19   Link #3007
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
All spell costs for all spells for all classes scale with level since 3.0. Free Lightning Shield is kinda cool, I guess. I've never actually bothered casting it...
I currently have it up all the time. Free cast, instant, extra DPS and gives me something to do while clubbing/shocking my enemies to death.
Old 2009-03-22, 05:31   Link #3008
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay....Blizzard is trying to do something very weird/interesting with Spirit for Mages come 3.1....

Current Molten Armor - 5% more crit.
3.1 - Crit rating gain equal to 25% of your Spirit.

Current Molten Armor Glyph - 2% extra crit.
3.1 - Crit rating gain equal to 15% of your Spirit.

Blizzard's subtle way of saying to spec Fire come 3.1?
Old 2009-03-22, 06:18   Link #3009
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But is Enhancement viable for leveling at all? Or do you need a minimum level to make it useful?
FT talent affects extra spell dmg. The FT weapon proc is based off your spell dmg so in a way, yes it does benefit both in a roundabout way.

Enh spec start performing after you get stormstrike and gets stronger from there on. I lvled my shaman in woltk as enh and do find that they are better with no downtime and stronger defense compare to elemental. You can solo most group quest early on just by turning on all your CDs.

As for fast OH, the original idea was due to FT procs have a 100% co efficient with spell dmg. Didn't know they are normalizing the dmg though but anyway :P i got myself a Last Laugh and Webbed Death last week to play around with the fast MH/OH with dual FT build.

As for shields, i kept mostly to water shield for mana regen and switch back to LS for max dmg output.

This would probably be my spec for enh once 3.1 comes around.
Raid Spec

Depending on the raid setup, I might move some points off Ancestral Knowledge into Imp WF totem depends on availability of frost DKs with Imp Icy Touch.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2009-03-22 at 06:34.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 08:02   Link #3010
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I see... so overall Enhancement is preferable over Elemental when leveling?
Old 2009-03-22, 09:28   Link #3011
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Absolutely. All gear before 60 that is decent is specced that way. Plus Enhancement is better solo. It is a little annoying to start with ebcuase you're restricted to a 2H before 40. But once you get Dual Wield at 40, Stormstrike at 41 and the +6% hit at 44, it's a whole new ballgame. It was so damn easy from then on. The 50s were a little annoying but Shamanistic Rage gets mana back very well. And those Spirit Wolves...they have Leap, Bash, plus they heal you and themselves whenever they deal damage. The one downside is you may have a bit of trouble getting instance groups, but that's minor. Proper Elemental gear won't come until Northrend and it takes a while to accumulate. Just go with Enhancement until you hit 80 then make up your mind. Players won't blame you because unfortunately, the gear available forces Enhancement. It isn't super until 40. But once you unlock Dual Wield...you will pinch yourself and ask why you never tried a Shaman before. Best bet to fully utilise it is to get someone to help you do the 3 minute backdoor zerg of Galgann in Uldaman. He drops 1 handers that require Lv40 and are damn good dps for that level. Get two of them and enjoy.
Old 2009-03-22, 15:29   Link #3012
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It is a little annoying to start with becuase you're restricted to a 2H before 40.
You say that as if it's a bad thing, but I remember being stuck with a mace and a shield.

*equips 2H axe*

HOLY-

*cough* Okay, I can understand why people wanted the 2H talent in the past now.

Quote:
Proper Elemental gear won't come until Northrend and it takes a while to accumulate. Just go with Enhancement until you hit 80 then make up your mind. Players won't blame you because unfortunately, the gear available forces Enhancement. It isn't super until 40. But once you unlock Dual Wield...you will pinch yourself and ask why you never tried a Shaman before. Best bet to fully utilise it is to get someone to help you do the 3 minute backdoor zerg of Galgann in Uldaman. He drops 1 handers that require Lv40 and are damn good dps for that level. Get two of them and enjoy.
Is it possible to make a switch to Elemental around the 70's in Northrend gear-wise? Would make it easier to find Instance groups, as I think Dual-specs will have been implemented by then so I can go leveling/healer.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-22 at 15:50.
Old 2009-03-22, 18:09   Link #3013
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Not really...so much of the caster Mail available from quests doesn't have Stamina or mp5, including the Leatherworking pieces. You end up being very soft if you wear it. I actually offered to respec Elemental to some groups and they still turned me down, claiming it was Resto or nothing...*sigh*.

Aren't Dual Specs only available at 80 and for a 1k gold price?
Old 2009-03-22, 18:37   Link #3014
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I believe they lower the dual spec to 40...don't know about the cost..still 1,000 gold so far.
Old 2009-03-22, 19:28   Link #3015
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Burning 1000g just so an alt can dual spec while levelling...I ain't doing that.
Old 2009-03-22, 20:56   Link #3016
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No, but all those level 49+ tweaks are going to be so they can change it up every few weeks and keep people off balance. (and the 39 tweaks won't be able to do so..but then with only 30 talent points they might not need to anyway).

Some people might start doing it at 55 so they can be able to switch between roles in instances. (Death Knights, thought without the gold wouldn't be able to, would find it interesting depending on what they intend to do I think). Some specs are good solo and others are good for groups and raids.
Old 2009-03-22, 23:11   Link #3017
Nosauz

Quote:
Burning 1000g just so an alt can dual spec while levelling...I ain't doing that.
1000g aint nothing... just from question to 80 in northrend you make approximately 2-3k gold depending on if you shard the greens or if you just vend them. When leveling an alt anything that makes that process faster equals better deal. Plus mount at 30 really helped all those damn multiboxers.... really can't seem to shake em every time I got level my driud at least while i was playing, i would run into a 5boxer who would procede to dismantle me with earthshock spam, and chain healing wave...
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 23:17   Link #3018
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
1000g aint nothing... just from question to 80 in northrend you make approximately 2-3k gold depending on if you shard the greens or if you just vend them. When leveling an alt anything that makes that process faster equals better deal. Plus mount at 30 really helped all those damn multiboxers.... really can't seem to shake em every time I got level my driud at least while i was playing, i would run into a 5boxer who would procede to dismantle me with earthshock spam, and chain healing wave...
Yes, but an epic flying mount (pretty much a necessity for questing in Icecrown and Storm Peaks) costs 5kg, for a net profit of negative 2k.
Old 2009-03-22, 23:23   Link #3019
Nosauz

Yes... but the 180% mount speed increase makes doing quests like dailies go quicker, and when you've already spent sooo much time maxing your characters this defecit is easy to over come. Also just questing to 80 nets you 3k+ doesn't affect the daily quota, though nobody in their right mind would 50 a day, there are some daily quests that are easier than others and I've built a circuit to how I do icecrown and stormpeaks for dailies at least. The overall convenience shouldn't be a problem because flying slowly from place to place in outland was already a bitch, at least don't torture yourself as you level your non main character?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 23:47   Link #3020
Clarste
Human

Dailies always felt like work to me, so I don't do them unless they give me something else, like rep. It's easier to work when there's a goal, and money isn't really a goal.

On the other hand, I've just learned that you can make good money selling the bracers you can buy with Emblems of Valor.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows