AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-30, 02:40   Link #101
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I'll just go ahead and say what I usually say about OP, FRICKIN' A MAN!!!

That's one nice twist to whats happening, I think I'll have to avoid future manga threads cause I don't think I want to be spoiled with whats to come now

wait is gonna kill me for next week!>_<
Old 2009-10-30, 04:24   Link #102
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkostate002 View Post
right havent read everyones post so apologies if ive said something that someone else has said but a couple of things puzzle me, 1 whitebeared let his guard down or seemed to when Oars Jr died and was attacked by Vice-Admiral Ronse from the giant squad no less and managed to strike him down easily (this meaning that Ronse was no pushover to say the least) however squado managed to stab him when he was clearly in whitebeards view(makes me think that he let him havent thought why yet)
BIG difference between Squado and Vice Admiral Ronse...
Ronse decided to yell out "ah ha! caught you off guard!", where as Squado did what you are supposed to do when you catch someone off guard... which is just attack

Ronse pretty much ruined his advantage with that line...
Lesson for Ronse... Attack THEN gloat

Not to mention Squado was also a lot closer when he launched his attack
Old 2009-10-30, 04:37   Link #103
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
The way the chapters are moving is getting a little annoying. Every chapter seems to have to have some shocking end.

It feels that a LOT is happening, but very little is being said. I'm curious how long it will be until the crew is reunited. I guess right now the VA for the rest of the crew are enjoying some vacation time from the series, unless they voice other characters in these arcs. Zoro shows up during Impel Down and Nami, but those are really Bon Clay.
I'm guessing when they get to the escape from Impel and and the rush to Marineford. They will probably have some filler episodes telling the tails of the rest of the crew. They way they were told in those splash pages to the chapters. Out of all of those, the only one that seemed t get any real finale was Robin's. The revolutionaries saved the people.
Old 2009-10-30, 08:02   Link #104
johnny69

wild prediction here:

i think that it was WB plan all along to be stab.... thats just my twisted thinking but anyway if it comes true... you heard it here first hehehe
Old 2009-10-30, 10:47   Link #105
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Once again a plot twist which makes the wait for the next chapter unbearable. Also, I now think Luffy isn't going to have any major opponent in this war and he'll be merely running around briefly encountering the major enemies but continuing to head for ace.

As for squado why couldn't he stab whitebeard in the heart? Was that the hightest he could jump?
Old 2009-10-30, 11:33   Link #106
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
As for squado why couldn't he stab whitebeard in the heart? Was that the hightest he could jump?
Well i coukld just say "plot", but to be fair that heart is protected by the ribcage... compared to the heart, the stomach is a nice soft spot

granted though, when you consider the level of strength of these characters, splitting bone would be child's play... unless Whitebeard really really enjoys his milk
Old 2009-10-30, 11:50   Link #107
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Well, Blackbeard was already an exception to the rule, since he has no animal theme (well, unless you consider facial hair an animal )......

But yeah, Squado becoming a Shichibukai is an interesting idea, methinks. He's already been established as a New World veteran, so he has enough infamy to qualify as one of the seven. However, we still don't know exactly how powerful the guy is.....
I doubt it. As i have & some others have already said, I think the Marines plan to do away with the Shichbukai once they've executed Ace & eliminated the WB Alliance. They have a ready-made replacement with their army of Pacifista's, which they are no doubt mass-producing. Why rely on Pirates when you've got obedient killing machines that carry out an order without question?
Old 2009-10-30, 12:01   Link #108
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Someone really needs to wipe that smirk off of Kizaru's face.

If Luffy used his Haki on him.....
Old 2009-10-30, 12:17   Link #109
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Someone really needs to wipe that smirk off of Kizaru's face.

If Luffy used his Haki on him.....
Ya Luffy will still lose using his Haki on him, you guys think the King's Haki will automaticlly make one god or something.
Old 2009-10-30, 12:19   Link #110
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Ya Luffy will still lose using his Haki on him, you guys think the King's Haki will automaticlly make one god or something.
Yes....

/jk
Old 2009-10-30, 12:24   Link #111
Vree

Quote:
Don't forget that White beard is a giant of a man.

Also, even if you can reach a spot you still need to be in a proper position to be able to exert enough force...
That's why in forensics they can give a pretty good guess to the height of an attacker from a stab wound.

Bones I imagine are fairly easy to break (and just as easy to heal) in the OP world. Now chest muscles...those might be a problem for some of the characters.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:48   Link #112
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe this whole attack is just a fake or some sort of illusion, planned by Whitebeard, to motivate his men.
Seems way to cruel of a joke for a man who acts as a father to his men...
Not to mention they are already pretty damn zealous... an injured Whitebeard would sooner make them careless than more effective
Old 2009-10-30, 14:58   Link #113
Prestige

If Whitebeard dies then world of OP will have its biggest shift since Gol D Rogers death. Even if remaining pirates could prevail and save ace world would still plunge in chaos.

Whitebeards death will summon massive power vacuum in New World and other emperors will step in to gain power plunging New World in total chaos.

If Luffy and other SH's regroup again and continue to New World it ain't gona be pretty, entire ocean will be in chaos and there wont be much order on it. But for lesser pirates this is good news, now that Whitebeard wont be guarding One Piece anymore pirates have better shot towards One Piece.

And judging by that wound I guess Whitebeard has received a fatal found, he may not die in next chapter or chapter after that but he has been killed anyway.
Old 2009-10-30, 15:50   Link #114
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I think whitebeard's death at this point is pretty much a given. As many others have pointed that his death is the only way for the story to move forward. And it would be poor writing if the whitebeard pirates were able to rescue Ace without a major loss.

The question now though is how Whitebeard will die, I highly doubt one stab is enough to take him out, He will still be alive after rescuing ace but succumb to his injuries i think. Its a pity though, i wish we were given more background to his character in flashbacks.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-10-30 at 16:01.
Old 2009-10-30, 15:58   Link #115
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
The way the chapters are moving is getting a little annoying. Every chapter seems to have to have some shocking end.
I don't think it is moving faster than it was supposed to be. Oda concentrates mostly on the important parts, and focusing on every single fight would mean a huge delay in the progress, especially if we want an end to this arc.

Quote:
It feels that a LOT is happening, but very little is being said. I'm curious how long it will be until the crew is reunited. I guess right now the VA for the rest of the crew are enjoying some vacation time from the series, unless they voice other characters in these arcs. Zoro shows up during Impel Down and Nami, but those are really Bon Clay.
Right now, from what we were told in the early chapters, there are currently two known ways for the crew to unite. Rayleigh(common for all) and Revolutionaries (Robin, when she was saved, Sanji, for Okama Kinque). Chopper can receive the help of the birds, Franky can do everything on his own, Nami can use a sky-island technique (flying on a cloud, for instance), Brooke and Usopp, no idea. I am also looking forward to learn how that meeting happens, as by itself the process to reunite would show some exciting scenes. Especially since the locations they landed are very different, even though all are 3-days flight away from the original location.

But, the way they arrive will also be a shocking end-scene in some of the future chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
If Whitebeard dies then world of OP will have its biggest shift since Gol D Rogers death. Even if remaining pirates could prevail and save ace world would still plunge in chaos.
Chaos means an open invitation to the Revolutionaries to start their biggest attack on the WG. And, this time the pirates would provide some significant help for their plans. If you consider the risks that WG is taking to end this fight, I think, this will be a good opportunity for the revolutionaries to become known as one of the good sides to follow. As long as doubt will be triggered in people's minds regarding the WG.
Old 2009-10-30, 15:58   Link #116
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Maybe this whole attack is just a fake or some sort of illusion, planned by Whitebeard, to motivate his men.
Nope. Not a chance. This is real, it was unexpected.

Poetic Justice
Quote:
I think whitebeard's death at this point is pretty much a given. As many others have pointed that his death is the only way for the story to move forward. And it would be poor writing if the whitebeard pirates were able to rescue Ace without a major loss.

The question is though how Whitebeard will die, I highly doubt one stab is enough to take him out, He will still be alive after rescuing ace but succumb to his injuries i think. Its a pity though, i wish we were given more background to his character in flashbacks.
I'm fairly sure we'll get more info on him eventually. I'd absolutely love to see a Flashback fight between WB & Roger. Now that'd be a fight to see.

Also, A character like Whitebeard will die a death that befits a character of his awesomeness. Although frankly, I'll NEVER acknowledge Blackbeard as being superior to Whitebeard even if he does come out victorious, because i have no doubt WB in his prime would annihilate Teach.
Old 2009-10-30, 16:48   Link #117
noktown

Lol ,next chapter we have whitebeared stabbed,then poof he is getting replaced by a log ;o

Last edited by noktown; 2009-10-30 at 17:42.
Old 2009-10-30, 17:52   Link #118
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Lol ,next chapter we have whitebeared stabbed,then poof he is getting replaced by a log ;o
That is one of the reasons why we are happy that this is not Naruto or Bleach everytime we start read new chapter of One Piece.

Quote:
Chaos means an open invitation to the Revolutionaries to start their biggest attack on the WG. And, this time the pirates would provide some significant help for their plans. If you consider the risks that WG is taking to end this fight, I think, this will be a good opportunity for the revolutionaries to become known as one of the good sides to follow. As long as doubt will be triggered in people's minds regarding the WG.
And I agree with Flipskuul, if Dragon is commander or leader worth of his salt then he should not let major opportunity like this to let go.

If majority of military power of WG is focused on one single place then he should take an advance of situation and overthrow more kingdoms...

Of course I am not sure can Dragon really affort to lose Whitebeard in this war, even if Dragon dont have any ties with pirates he still cant afford someone like Whitebeard to fall, that would mean that World Goverment would have luxury for sending even more forces against Revolutionaries.
Old 2009-10-30, 17:53   Link #119
johnny69

Quote:
hmm i already had that idea... XD
Old 2009-10-30, 19:53   Link #120
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:

The question now though is how Whitebeard will die, I highly doubt one stab is enough to take him out, He will still be alive after rescuing ace but succumb to his injuries i think. Its a pity though, i wish we were given more background to his character in flashbacks.
That is what I imagined, him dying in the middle of it would be pretty depressing and just not as interesting. If anything, he should die gracefully like the badass he is. But the point is, he is going to die, else I don't know what to think anymore because this is the perfect time to make the new era to progress if there is no "number 1" in the world anymore.