AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-11-04, 16:21   Link #21
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'm not against this V-Mate idea, there's many pieces of software that need to be registered or verified before you can use them, and so long as I'm not paying a fee of somesort to verify or register the software I couldn't care.

My only real dispute is that now I'll have to network the computer I play these games on so I can verify them... I'll need to buy a larger router. >.>;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 17:28   Link #22
Italicus

Talking

that's another point. If i place a modem on my laptop, it can be only a 56k cable connection, and in Italy we pay it per minute. And since you have to connect everytime you load and save, why i have to pay again my internet provider for play a licenced game i've purhased? That's pretty immoral, they are disposing of something they don't own at all ....
Italicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:58   Link #23
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Blah, a NoCD will solve all this.
When one comes out that is.
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 21:18   Link #24
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
@ DarkCntry

Still no news about that patch, and i seriously doubt we'll ever get it. For me, this is only a bait to make rumors die down. Once V-Mate is settled, hasta luego a los patches!!!!!!!!
Wow, I didn't know VM has been out for a few months yet.....gee, I guess I should've figured someone would make a remark such as that.

G-C has stated that somewhere around the end of December and the beginning of the new year that there will be an optional patch that people can download to allow them not to be required to use VM's connection. I will bet that this patch will be available only through a VM-enabled server though.

Look at it this way, content tracking is the next thing in anti-piracy measures, it's not going to be the best nor the last thing, it's just the next thing they are trying. C'mon people, stop the whining, go buy the damn thing if you want it. I'd much rather have to pay less and use VM than deal with $60-$70 games.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 04:44   Link #25
Italicus

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry

G-C has stated that somewhere around the end of December and the beginning of the new year that there will be an optional patch that people can download to allow them not to be required to use VM's connection. I will bet that this patch will be available only through a VM-enabled server though.

I'd much rather have to pay less and use VM than deal with $60-$70 games.
They retreated that statement.... How can we rely on what such kinda people said? And anyway with a V_Mate enabled server, still i'm cut off. My line is commercial, and i can't use it for personal purposes.... I'm risking to be sued By posting into this BBS.

Well, i'd rather pay 70 bucks then have to deal with this V_Mate thing.
Italicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 14:58   Link #26
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Relying on reviews isn't a good way to determine if I like the game because reviews for most titles are almost non-existant...can't download a demo if there isn't one created, so that takes out that equation..only left with two options, buying the title and never playing it and thus losing money to purchase one that I will like, or doing a trial basis...I choose the trial basis.
The bishoujo game reviews on Animetric are quite helpful and informative. Hanging out at Peach Princess' BBS is also a good way to gather info. No need to pirate.
Quote:
And since you have to connect everytime you load and save
This was already proven wrong. You only have to connect when you start the game.
So... Offliners with their laptop can start the game, then minimize it and travel if they want.

Let's Meow Meow! (Minna de Nyan Nyan) has not been cracked yet. There is a crack of the JP version, though.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:18   Link #27
Ecchifan

If anyone (who hasn't bought Let's Meow Meow!) is curious about how VM works, I invite you to check out my review of the game and description of VM system:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...ew/R80897.html
Ecchifan is offline   Reply With Quote