Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 00:54   Link #241
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I love these physics!

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Ahaha, I smirked a bit when I saw that. As Heavy Weapons Guy would say, It's not possible!".
Old 2012-01-16, 02:04   Link #242
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Wow, that 2nd episode was better than I had expected. It hit all the right notes for me, visually and characterization-wise.

I was a bit worried that Madoka would end up "too perfect", but her overall personality is very fun and well-balanced, and that makes it all work.

Another thing is that it's not hard to see the inspirations behind some of the key cast members for this show.

Tadokoro, the Fleet Captain, is giving me some Bright Noa vibes, and that is simply awesome. I just love how blunt, direct, and to-the-point he is. Granted, it's not always smart of him, but it makes for a good badass commander type, imo. If not for how his ace pilots are cute girls, I'd be looking forward to an epic Tadokoro Slap!

Lan is a Rei-type, but with some nice added personality and emotional intensity. I like how there's a lot of insecurity simmering beneath the cool, calm, and collected exterior.

Conceptually, a Gundam-esque show with a spunky genki girl ace pilot, with a Bright Noa as the leader of the base, with a Rei-type as the No. 2 pilot, with a mysterious Itsuki Koizumi-esque alien acting in some intermediary role, and with yuri subtext, is just a wonderful blend of elements that's like something out of my wildest anime creation dreams. It's like an incredible blending of Haruhi, Gundam, and NGE!

It seems so brutally unfair to mention such giant names after just Episode 2 of a new anime original which isn't getting epic hype (at least not yet), but Lagrange really is making me think of those other anime shows a lot. While such prominent inspirations abound, each character feels like her or his own person, especially Madoka and Lan. I'm very much looking forward to where this anime chooses to take them.

10/10 for Episode 2. I really did love it that much!
Old 2012-01-16, 02:34   Link #243
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I can't understand why I like this show so much. Of the three sci-fi shows this cour (this, Aquarion, and Mouretsu Pirates) this one is the one that interests me the most, despite having nothing to ship. Is it the cool and unique looking mecha? Is it the tasteful tightsuits that reveals enough to be mega cute but not too much that it becomes 'whoreish'? Or maybe the pace the story is going at, where the majority of two episodes has been shown and not even a day has passed in-story, and yet it seemed they crammed so much juicy details still?

I dunno, something makes this show greater than the sum of its parts. But I just don't know what it is.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 02:39   Link #244
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I can't understand why I like this show so much. Of the three sci-fi shows this cour (this, Aquarion, and Mouretsu Pirates) this one is the one that interests me the most, despite having nothing to ship. Is it the cool and unique looking mecha? Is it the tasteful tightsuits that reveals enough to be mega cute but not too much that it becomes 'whoreish'? Or maybe the pace the story is going at, where the majority of two episodes has been shown and not even a day has passed in-story, and yet it seemed they crammed so much juicy details still?
Very good observations. I strongly agree with all three, and I do think they help the show a lot. The mecha and tightsuits in particular could not be designed any better, imo. The tightsuits do indeed hit just the right balance.
Old 2012-01-16, 02:51   Link #245
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I don't have the time as I used to delve too deeply into likes and dislikes. I'd just say that there's not much need to overthink the issue: I love this show simply because of Madoka Kyouno or, more specifically, because of voice actress Kaori Ishihara's portrayal of the role.

Madoka makes me laugh. And that's it really. Sometimes, simple entertainment is all the justification one really needs.

Maru~ O
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 03:05   Link #246
leokiko

Dumbest commander ever, putting that much pressure on her lol xD
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 04:47   Link #247
GundamZZ
残念美人

First of all, I'm impressed with the music. It's probably the best thing in this season. The lyric is like some sentai shows, but melody is very charming.

The OP and Ed animation is impressive 'too. Three main girls already show their own attributes.

It seems they don't bother to explain the meaning of title(the cycle/reincarnation of Lagrange), but it's normal. The future story will probably reveal the meaning.

Maybe I think too much They call each other as doushi 同士. It is used as "company" or people who share same background or similarity. It could be referred as lovers, cousins, or party companions. Recently, they also used it to refer comrade. I somehow think it's the show's reference, since they have war and fighting machines.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:08   Link #248
Akarin

Ahaha Madoka is female Takuto from Star Driver. I like this show and I hope it's not monster robot of the week thing.

Ah Madoka...she is such a Maru Sue.

Maru!
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:10   Link #249
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
That's a cute one of Lan going "Wan!"
Old 2012-01-16, 05:48   Link #250
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Thanks, just what I wanted!

Maru!
Old 2012-01-16, 07:36   Link #251
Key Board
Carbon

Madoka's voice is really surprising to me.. it's like she's Mizuhashi Kaori.. but she's not.. MIND BOGGLING
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 08:16   Link #252
Candyshark

I have not a single clue but some quality people doing this one. Everything really blends good with each other. Nothing sparkly over the top, very condensed.

I'm already impatient to see how plummy girl gonna turn out. Deviant, air-head, sceming? Kaori doing good for newcommer thought she is more idoltype; may say I would prefer her over Yui.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 10:13   Link #253
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Ahaha Madoka is female Takuto from Star Driver. I like this show and I hope it's not monster robot of the week thing.

Ah Madoka...she is such a Maru Sue.

Thank you. I'll have this one. Woof!
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:21   Link #254
Ray
Garnet

Full size here. I don't recall seeing this image anywhere in this thread, but if it already has been posted, then I apologize.

I found the second to be really enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing Lan pilot her robot. I think Lan might be my favorite out of the trio shown in the OP; her hairstyle reminds me of Kaine from Nier, and I loved Kaine’s character design so yeah. xD
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:03   Link #255
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I love these physics!

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Physics doesn't apply in Anime~ We've been taught this multiple times.
Old 2012-01-16, 17:11   Link #256
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's made of light-imposible-etium, it actually has negative weight! If not for the pilot it would float into space. j/k
Old 2012-01-16, 17:19   Link #257
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I like how it's perpetually stuck in that position as if it suffers from catatonic schizophrenia. It's probably somewhere in the HQ still in that position, balanced on it's own head...

Last edited by Haak; 2012-01-16 at 17:30.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:20   Link #258
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Rather enjoyed episode 02 of Blue Genesis Largrange.

Spoiler for My thoughts on Episode 02:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoiler for Picture:

Full size here. I don't recall seeing this image anywhere in this thread, but if it already has been posted, then I apologize.

I found the second to be really enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing Lan pilot her robot. I think Lan might be my favorite out of the trio shown in the OP; her hairstyle reminds me of Kaine from Nier, and I loved Kaine’s character design so yeah. xD
So Madoka's, Lan's, and Muginami's plug Vox suits are solid one pieces when they are not in the cockpits I am guessing. I really can't wait to see Lan in action next week, I think she might actually be my favorite character too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Physics doesn't apply in Anime~ We've been taught this multiple times.
In mecha anime, physics gets punched in the face.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2012-01-16 at 17:33.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:43   Link #259
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Don't remember this being posted

Old 2012-01-16, 18:27   Link #260
abc0716

Spoiler for Episode 2:
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri