Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-05, 04:31   Link #21
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldr

I am a new members who knows little about Baldr Force except that it is a game.. I have great interest in this game.. As I am extremly bad in Japanese, and don't even have a copy of the game yet.. I really hope somebody can tell me how to obtain a copy.. Thanks to NNL, especially GipFace to put a lot of time for the NNL shorts that have Baldr Force opening. Please do tell me if you have realted information about this game.. I would of course, appreciate wallpapers and screenshoots too...

Thank you once again
This game is basically a visual novel based game with a few fixed point when you have to pilot a mech. While fighting in a mech, you have a chance to upgrade your certain attack stats by using those attacks. The story revolves around battles in cyberspace, where "hacking" is now essentially piloting mecha into corporate cyberspace The game also pits you with randomnly inserted H-scenes -_-;; Outside of those, the game has a very good multi-faceted story and is quite moving at times, dealing with revenge, betrayal, love, loss, etc. You can obtain a copy of the game at himeya: http://shop.himeya.com/products/adul...force_exe.html
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 05:43   Link #22
Baldr

still question...

Well.. the price i don't mind... just that it's in complete japanese right?
It will kill me instantly even before i start playing the game I only can wait for the english version i guess... Nobody have the wallpapers at all? I wanted one actually.. I will be grateful if somebody can give me some...
Baldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 15:28   Link #23
Amyla

Baldr Force EXE

Has anyone played it? I just finally got my copy shipped in (yeah, I bought it) and have been playing a little, it's a fun game.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if there is a translation patch for it, people have made them for other games so I figured why not ask =)
Amyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 17:56   Link #24
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyla
Has anyone played it? I just finally got my copy shipped in (yeah, I bought it) and have been playing a little, it's a fun game.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if there is a translation patch for it, people have made them for other games so I figured why not ask =)
Doddler was working on one, but he hasn't been able to get very far. :waits for him to show up:
Old 2004-09-12, 07:31   Link #25
XenoDrake
Alien Dragon Emperor

Send a message via ICQ to XenoDrake Send a message via AIM to XenoDrake Send a message via MSN to XenoDrake
Baldr Force

Greetings, I am XenoDrake. Since this is my first post here, I will explain a little about myself. I live in Florida, and I hate it. I cant stand the sun, a typical otaku. I got into anime about 4 years ago. I am 20 now and in college film studies. I started into the anime world with AMVs (Anime Music Videos) to which I still make them today. This started me into wanting to make my own anime series. I want to also make the CG and various cinema you see in video games, as my talent for making AMVs shows I would be good at making them. I am Ryoko’s (from Tenchi) and she is mine and no, I don’t care, it’s to bad, she’s mine that’s all there is to it. I am an avid fan of just about anything anime related. Or for that matter, just about anything from Japan in general. The food, the people, the stories, and even their games. Games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, XenoGears/Saga. Yasunori Mitsuda is a god! I make music also, but I know I am not going to be making anything chart toping. I just have fun with it, but I do have hopes of making the music for a movie I make in the future. Which leads me to the point of this post here. As many anime otakus are, I am addicted to DDR, and I recently got step mania, and with it the video game packs. One such game song was Face Of Fact from Baldr force. And with it came what I assume is the opening animation form the game its self. I was hooked on the music from beat one, and the video in the back made it almost impossible to focus on the arrows. I really want to play this game now. However, Google led me to sites I cant seem to read. However, it did lead me to here, where in I found a post that was over 6 months old.

http://forums.animesuki.com/archive/...hp/t-8620.html

the link given to get this game was

http://shop.himeya.com/products/adul...force_exe.html

however, it seems to not be up their anymore. And this link points to Baldr Force Exe. My questions are, what platform will I need to play this game (computer, playstation est...) how many different forms of this game are their, sequels, remakes, spin offs, and where could I get them. My usual contacts in the AMV world seem to be at a loss to help me on this one, so I came to the only English link Google gave me. Thank you for any help.

~XenoDrake
XenoDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 15:03   Link #26
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Hey,

Welcome to this wonderful forum ! How about sharing some of your AMV with us ? BTW, regarding Baldr Force EXE, I belive this game is PC based and may be you can play it on Segan Saturn as well, not entirely sure about that though. Here is a review of this game by someone. It's a long review and explained most of your queries...I hope that helps to some extends.

Cheers!
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 00:27   Link #27
XenoDrake
Alien Dragon Emperor

Send a message via ICQ to XenoDrake Send a message via AIM to XenoDrake Send a message via MSN to XenoDrake
hehe, sure thing about the AMVs, you can get them from

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...?user_id=25935

but you have to sign up and be a member of the site for two weeks, or donate. the hosting is donation driven, so if you want to download right away, you can make a pledge, just one dollor will do it. im not able to pay for hosting video files, so for me, its the only way ^^;;;

thank you for the link, i will see what i can find.

~Xeno
XenoDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 23:42   Link #28
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Baldr Force is the original release on PC
Baldr Force EXE is the DVD rerelease on PC
There's also a Dreamcast version of Baldr Force EXE coming out soon (with probably lots of ero removed but more added cutscenes)
Old 2006-04-14, 14:43   Link #29
Mazryonh

Can someone explain the game "Baldr Force" for me? (SPOILERS)

I'm asking this because I've no knowledge of Japanese and because I know there's an anime OVA coming out for it (which will no doubt be fansubbed and spread here sometime), made by the same guys who made the "Izumo 2" (a game by the company Studio E'go!) anime, with the webpage for it found here:

http://www.trinet-ent.com/baldrforce/index.html

Unfortunately for b-game fans who know no Japanese like myself, the only bit of English info to be found on the web (at least in my Internet adventures) is an English review of the game that was originally on freetype.net (which was a Singaporean site with its anime, game and b-game reviews in English) that by now has for some reason disappeared. So, now I turn to you all to help me answer my questions:

[spoilers]

-Who or what is Renn Mizukasa? The official wallpapers label her as a "wired ghost," but that would seem to imply that she doesn't have a physical body, where as the CGs I've seen (such as her H-scene with Tooru at her school, or the one where she (SPOILERS) commits suicide with a knife(END SPOILERS)) seem to contradict that notion.

-What is Renn's "happy place" with the cabin and idyllically floating grass? Is it real or virtual? Why did she bring Tooru there?

-What is that little ball with the red "eye" that I've seen Renn carry around in a figure of hers? It seems to be the final boss of the game--is it? What does it want?

-I remember seeing in another (somewhat suspect) English review that I can no longer find that Ayane Shidou was, aside from being quiet, dedicated and antisocial, was "something of a masochist." What on Earth does that mean for her story? Could someone explain her character for me?

[/spoilers]

-Any particular reason other than fanservice as to why Karin goes around sometimes exposing her bra?

I hope that someone here who's played the game and understood it (these two are very different things!) can answer my questions.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2006-04-14 at 22:31.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 18:05   Link #30
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

I would suggest putting most of the stuff you described in spoiler tags, as they will be (hopefully) explained in the OVA. Not knowing the answers to these won't detract from the experience of the OVA. You should ask these after watching it and if you don't understand a few things, not before. And yes, Karin's there mostly for service.

And a clarification, TriNet outsourced the animation production for this over to Satelight (who animated Aquarion and Macross Zero), so we should be expecting a lot better things in the visual department.
Old 2006-04-14, 22:45   Link #31
Mazryonh

I believe you misunderstand me--I don't have a good enough internet connection for Bittorrents, nor will I have one in the foreseeable future. Not to mention that it will probably never be brought to Region 1, so I'd like to get my answers where I can if I can't get my hands on the OVA's fansub when it comes out.

Also, my post was supposed to be a new thread with the word SPOILERS in its title, before a moderator moved my post into this thread.

If you find posting spoilers of that magnitude objectionable, you could answer my questions in a private message or e-mail to me. I'd appreciate your time.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 16:57   Link #32
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

What is the name of the PS2 opening song?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 00:16   Link #33
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
What is the name of the PS2 opening song?
LOVE.EXE by Momoi Halko
Old 2006-09-17, 23:49   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The terms "Visual Novel" and "Game" should never be used in the same sentence, or at least they wouldn't be in a world less wacky than this.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 21:21   Link #35
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Does anyone have the lyrics for the songs?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 15:56   Link #36
Kisuke06
I see...

Quick question: Baldr Force EXE for PS2 has hentai scenes?
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 00:55   Link #37
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
Quick question: Baldr Force EXE for PS2 has hentai scenes?
Quick answer: Nope (yay!)
Long answer: H-scenes are removed, but the actual events (well at least the romantic ones) do take place in the game plot; they just don't show it. They also do some interesting edits like moving Minori's legs closer together, making her skirt longer, making Ayane close her legs, etc. to remove panty shots.
Old 2009-03-05, 02:02   Link #38
heroslayr00

I know this is old, but is this thread still alive?
heroslayr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 07:07   Link #39
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Sort of...

There's something you want to ask about the series or the game?
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 01:58   Link #40
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Firing the thread back up for BALDR SKY Dive 1 "Lost Memory" (if, that's okay with you people). Being the first game I've played in the Baldr Force series, I was very, very impressed by how it carried out both the action and the story telling portion of the game. Despite some amount of input detection delay in the battles, the amount of features and details placed into that area of the game really help contributes in breaking up the story between battles and storytelling without detracting from it. Also, I really enjoyed the game's somewhat unorthodox way of sprinkling the narration with flashbacks that gradually build up to answer some key plot questions, and it really helps with the character development as well, as Kou slowly starts to pick up on key memories of events pertaining to the mystery behind certain characters.

My only gripe is that the game seems to force you to follow a certain order of character and story paths, and while I'm not as concerned about it in the first game, I really hope the plot doesn't culminate into a Kou x Sora ending in the end of the yet to be released second game. Hopefully I'll learn to appreciate the token-tsundere character of the game before I reach that point, or else this might turn out to be a (nicer) repeat of the MuvLuv experience (with the main character being more in tune with the situation and less of an idiot). Oh well...5 good characters (with 3 potential favorites) out of 6 isn't TOO bad, I guess...as long as Sora doesn't wind up playing a major factor in every character's storyline, that is, with her apparent elevation to the position as the enigma of the overall story...

Currently finishing up Rain's story, and as much as I want to follow up with Chinatsu's path, I have to go through the loli-ish childhood friend's path first. I'm really not sure if I should be happy or sad that I get to play my favorite character's story first...
Yaluen is offline   Reply With Quote