AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-14, 10:16   Link #21
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Subaru and Teana pairings are not THAT random in my book.

They do have a very soild 3 years living together in the ground force academy for starters. And I assume they are living together in Mobile Div 6, or at least close to each other.

From ep 2 of StrikerS's interaction between Subaru and Teana. They does seems to be in a tsundere relationship between each other. While the writers did not hit you in the head with this, like Erio and Caro. there can be development towards this direction.
Old 2007-05-14, 10:23   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post

From ep 2 of StrikerS's interaction between Subaru and Teana. They does seems to be in a tsundere relationship between each other. While the writers did not hit you in the head with this, like Erio and Caro...
Technically, the chest...

Quote:
... There can be development towards this direction.
... Which we'll most likely see next episode... Though I wouldn't might seeing someone else doing it...
Old 2007-05-14, 13:39   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It could be seen as strange that they would show off Erio x Caro so visibly right from the start. That relationship must have some baring on the plot so much that they wanted to get things moving early.

Teana and Subaru could go somewhere, at least there's a friendship there. Next episode might show that off some more, but it seems possible enough.
Old 2007-05-14, 17:06   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It could be seen as strange that they would show off Erio x Caro so visibly right from the start. That relationship must have some baring on the plot so much that they wanted to get things moving early.
considering that as fact i would think that it is a good possibility for erio to be killed off to allow some dramatic sense to the series (lets see if it can remove the "no one dies" fluff from the series )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-14, 17:08   Link #25
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

You mean no one on the good side dies right? =p

I foresee something bad might happen to Erio... But that could just be the fact it seems males in the Nanoha series tend to become sidelined pretty quickly. Just look at Yuuno and Chrono.

But back on to the main topic of pairings.

I wouldn't mind to see some pairing perhaps late in the series, episodes 24-26 perhaps. Heck, maybe in an epilogue like A's?
Although I'd find it pretty awesome if say oh, Nanoha and Fate were dating in secret for a while now. *Cackle*
Old 2007-05-14, 17:25   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
considering that as fact i would think that it is a good possibility for erio to be killed off to allow some dramatic sense to the series (lets see if it can remove the "no one dies" fluff from the series )
Give it up. They don't have the guts to kill off any of their precious main characters...

The drama would have to come from somewhere else, like for example...

Subaru - angst/vengeful over mother's death...

Teana - Ignoring what's going to happen next episode, angst/vengeful over brother's death...

Erio - I would say that he'll go emo over his past, but judging from episode 6, that's not an option, so I'll go with the age old "I c-couldn't protect her...!"

Carol - Obviously something about her being a dangerous existence...

But I can see that they'll play tough and kill off some of their characters... Genya would be the first to go... Zest and the Doctor would be next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
You mean no one on the good side dies right? =p
Axing Genya wouldn't cause too much of a disturbance...

Quote:
But back on to the main topic of pairings.
I'll hold off most of my 'Yuuno' and 'Chrono' statements and wishes until I see how they interact with the rest of the cast... Chrono especially...

Quote:
I wouldn't mind to see some pairing perhaps late in the series, episodes 24-26 perhaps. Heck, maybe in an epilogue like A's?
Although I'd find it pretty awesome if say oh, Nanoha and Fate were dating in secret for a while now. *Cackle*
Haha, just like how YUUNO and NANOHA were at the end of A's...
Old 2007-05-14, 17:33   Link #27
krisslanza

Now, now. That's a lie! Yuuno never said they were dating, it seemed Chrono thought they were and Yuuno says they're "just friends".

While he may be lying I'll admit, there isn't any evidence in StrikerS to even consider it. I mean, if Nanoha was dating Yuuno, why doesn't she ever talk about him?
Old 2007-05-14, 17:35   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Now, now. That's a lie! Yuuno never said they were dating, it seemed Chrono thought they were and Yuuno says they're "just friends".

While he may be lying I'll admit, there isn't any evidence in StrikerS to even consider it. I mean, if Nanoha was dating Yuuno, why doesn't she ever talk about him?
Yes, I'm just saying the same could be said for whatever fantasies that's been running miles through your head...

... Just a friendly suggestion of course
Old 2007-05-14, 17:37   Link #29
krisslanza

I like how your words are written in a way to be non-offensive but secretly hide your malice and hatred... =p

I still find the fact no one even talks about Yuuno a good nail in his coffin that no one cares about him anymore. |D
He can't even pull off cute ferret anymore. Since now he'd just be a dirty, dirty peeping tom. =p
Old 2007-05-14, 17:39   Link #30
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Subaru and Teana pairings are not THAT random in my book.

They do have a very soild 3 years living together in the ground force academy for starters. And I assume they are living together in Mobile Div 6, or at least close to each other.

From ep 2 of StrikerS's interaction between Subaru and Teana. They does seems to be in a tsundere relationship between each other. While the writers did not hit you in the head with this, like Erio and Caro. there can be development towards this direction.
True enough. Still, I'd say that if their interests do not run That Way (Subaru's obsession with Being Like Nanoha notwithstanding), it's likely that they'll remain just friends.

Rather close friends, though. In my experience, friendship tends to come from two sources: extended periods of time associating with one another (like Subaru and Teana), or that one moment when both will exclaim "What, you too? I thought I was the only one!"

EDIT:
Quote:
I still find the fact no one even talks about Yuuno a good nail in his coffin that no one cares about him anymore. |D
He can't even pull off cute ferret anymore. Since now he'd just be a dirty, dirty peeping tom. =p
Truth be told, I'm actually expecting a canon Yuuno/Nanoha romantic relationship, mostly because I'm used to rooting for Tomoyo/Sakura when canon is Syaoran/Sakura.

I'd have to agree that with episode 7, though, the chances of that happening are slim. I'm not sure whether we'll be seeing any resolution anyway, since I don't think romance is high on the list of priorities.

It's a weird feeling: I'd prefer Fate/Nanoha, but if it does happen in the canon, I'd actually feel disappointed that it's not Yuuno/Nanoha. It's like the best case scenario for me is for there to be Yuuno/Nanoha as canon, and I can write stories about how Fate had feelings for Nanoha but is willing to let her go.

(Putting aside non-romantic discussions, I've been very enthusiastic about seeing more Yuuno anyway. Because dammit, he's awesome.)
Old 2007-05-14, 17:43   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I like how your words are written in a way to be non-offensive but secretly hide your malice and hatred... =p
Thank you very much, I've been practicing

But what malice and hatred? You must have been mistaken...

Quote:
No no, you can't say that...! If so Arf, Graham, Aria and Lotte, Lindy...

Amongs others of course...

Quote:
I intend to be amused
Old 2007-05-14, 17:45   Link #32
krisslanza

While Arf hasn't been mentioned, we know it's because she's too busy being with Lindy at the house. =p
I expect her to show up in a few more episodes perhaps.

And who cares about Graham, Aria, and Lotte now anyway? |D
Spoiler for A's spoilers:

I wanna see Yuuno try that and get blasted with Starlight Breaker. *cackles* Just like in the comics! Fan comics that is.

But yes, your sarcasm skills are high. *bows*
Old 2007-05-14, 17:50   Link #33
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No no, you can't say that...! If so Arf, Graham, Aria and Lotte, Lindy...

Amongs others of course...
I've been wondering whether I'm the only one who still remembers Arisa, Suzuka, Miyuki, Kyoya, Farin, Noel, and Shinobu. Basically, the (relative) mundanes.

What happened to that friendship between the trio of Arisa, Suzuka, and Nanoha? And where are Nanoha's siblings now?
Old 2007-05-14, 17:55   Link #34
krisslanza

Well I believe Arisa and Suzuka will be in StrikerS... Somehow. There was production sketches of them I believe...

But I don't know how they'll all end up going to Earth unless like... A Relic is there or something...

But we're getting off the topic of relationships people! D:
Old 2007-05-14, 18:01   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I've been wondering whether I'm the only one who still remembers Arisa, Suzuka, Miyuki, Kyoya, Farin, Noel, and Shinobu. Basically, the (relative) mundanes.
Ah! I knew I've forgotten someone...

Quote:
While Arf hasn't been mentioned, we know it's because she's too busy being with Lindy at the house. =p
I expect her to show up in a few more episodes perhaps.
Suurrreee... Like near the end?

Also, the same could be said... Yuuno hasn't been mentioned, but we know what he's been doing...

Quote:
And who cares about Graham, Aria, and Lotte now anyway? |D
Spoiler for A's spoilers:
Nightengale and... Sorry, can't remember the other guy who voted for him... does! And the Lieze twins are a diamond mine of comedy materials to me

(When combo with Chrono of course...)

And you're too overprotective

Quote:
I wanna see Yuuno try that and get blasted with Starlight Breaker. *cackles* Just like in the comics! Fan comics that is.
You mean like how Fate was literally blasted before?

Quote:
But yes, your sarcasm skills are high. *bows*
I try.

EDIT:

Quote:

But I don't know how they'll all end up going to Earth unless like... A Relic is there or something...
They'll be going to Earth in the next Sound Stage... But I think that's about it...
Old 2007-05-14, 18:02   Link #36
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Well I believe Arisa and Suzuka will be in StrikerS... Somehow. There was production sketches of them I believe...

But we're getting off the topic of relationships people! D:
I don't think it's off-topic, considering it's about the MSLN series in general (and thus not merely StrikerS), and it's also about relationships in general: platonic friendship and familial have been stated to count.

A huge deal was made in the first season about the friendship between the trio of Arisa, Suzuka, and Nanoha, with an entire episode dedicated to it. Arisa and Suzuka also played a significant role in A's, with Hayate first meeting Suzuka, and then the duo getting caught in the middle of the Final Battle against the Book of Darkness.

As I said, it'll be a pity if all that were tossed away because People Grow Up.

(If only romantic relationships are to be discussed here On Order Of The Mods and/or OP, my participation in this thread will be severely reduced, because honestly, I really don't care that much for romantic pairings, but I can talk all day long about friendships.)
Old 2007-05-14, 18:35   Link #37
Meophist

Quote:
They talk about him in Sound Stage M…
Old 2007-05-14, 18:38   Link #38
krisslanza

I don't have access to the sound stages, so I wouldn't know. I can only use MSLN, A's, and StrikerS for my evidence and such.
Old 2007-05-14, 18:42   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But I can see that they'll play tough and kill off some of their characters... Genya would be the first to go...
and what scares me is the fact that i can see that happening...though i still want erio to die T_T

ontopic it doesnt seem that the series are going to focus on any relationship between a male and female character (besides hayate and acous ~ but he might just end up using her as well) ~

the series is more strongly hinted with yuri aspects...*in comes fate chan with the whip*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-14, 19:01   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and what scares me is the fact that i can see that happening...though i still want erio to die T_T
Erio's fine...

Quote:
ontopic it doesnt seem that the series are going to focus on any relationship between a male and female character (besides hayate and acous ~ but he might just end up using her as well) ~

the series is more strongly hinted with yuri aspects...*in comes fate chan with the whip*
It is more strongly hinted with yuri FANSERVICE...

And it doesn't help when 90% + of the cast are coincidentally women... That's why Erio is a blood diamond in all this.
Closed Thread