AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 03:23   Link #441
PzIVf3

So is this series a yuri?
Spoiler for Dont know her name yet Im too lazy to read.:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 04:50   Link #442
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Nope. Like others have said, mainly about a brother reconnecting with his sister.

[at book in pic - oh, wow so they eventually go there, huh?]
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 07:35   Link #443
thirdlc

Watched ep 1.

What disappointed me is that Oda didn't direct the episode alone. It's not what I had expected, but I'm fine since he will direct the OP and/or the ED.
What made me laugh and uncomfortable is those animation supervisor cooperations. I guess Ishida asked help of Gundam UC guys, but you know, this is just the first episode. I hope this is not a sign of a tight schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Incidentally, all her characters are either catgirls, lolis, tsunderes or a combination of any of the above. Especially catgirls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Loli tsundere catgirl otaku!
Why don't you guys watch Jewelpet Tinkle!
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 11:16   Link #444
Itlandm
Porcupine

Having watched an episode of Yosuga, I now remember Ore no Imoto as a cute and fluffy, almost family-friendly comedy. Incredible what a little perspective can do.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 11:26   Link #445
larethian

eagerly awaiting for next episode. anyway the adaptations or the length won't bother me, since I'll grab the LN one of these days. ah ah, how blessed I am to be able to read Japanese. :P
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 11:34   Link #446
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
So is this series a yuri?
Spoiler for Dont know her name yet Im too lazy to read.:
no thats kur- mmmph?!

its ku- *slaps by mod*

its a girl that kirino has BOTH friends and adversaries aura with
Old 2010-10-08, 13:26   Link #447
tsunade666

solid first episode. Just as I expected Kirino is cute in all angles. I can't wait to see further episodes. Specially if they finally show my favorite character in oreimo.
Old 2010-10-08, 17:02   Link #448
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Waiting for the next episode, but must say, I really did like the first episode of this. Especially the brother, hes just trying to connect to his sister after all this time of being ignored by her whenever he said anything.
Old 2010-10-08, 19:35   Link #449
tsunade666

Is Kyousuke even trying to connect with her sister? he always thinks Kirino hates him and it looks to me he would say.... troublesome imouto! though even I would also said that.... if I'm not an otaku and just an ordinary citizen then my imouto would introduce me to the world of ero games... my what a SHOCK! seeing my perfect imouto playing it then she even order me around to play it and to make matter worst she's with me when I'm playing it
Old 2010-10-08, 20:51   Link #450
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^I guess Kyousuke is tsundere?
Old 2010-10-08, 20:56   Link #451
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^I guess Kyousuke is tsundere?
THAT would be kirino
Old 2010-10-08, 21:15   Link #452
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^But I don't think we'll see Kirino be dere towards her brother for a long, long time, while Kyousuke's little smiles at her can be considered as dere.
Old 2010-10-08, 22:50   Link #453
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Why don't you guys watch Jewelpet Tinkle!
loli tsundere catgirl??
(immediately downloads JPT)
(watches JPT)
(struggles to survive the massive kawaii overdose)
I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the show opening with a song called "Happy Tinkle"...

Still, that's got nothing to do with Oreimo.
One thing missing, having read a little bit of the translation of the LN, is the perspective of the brother on some matters. For instance, in LN and manga, Kyousuke mentions that it really does hurt to have a little sister treat him like that, and that he's basically come to accept and forgive it by deciding not to think of her as his sister, but just some girl like the popular girls in school who either ignore him or look down on him.

Concerning how Kirino became how she is, there's lots of factors and I think they all played a role. Part was probably puberty, part her skill and achievement, part the somewhat lacking family bonds, and all of these fed one another, widening the gap and further encouraging the development of a sort of obsession with sibling relationships taken beyond the level of family. If a "brother" is such a meaningless relationship, and she wants a deeper one, this can lead bad directions. Fortunately, she so far (in the anime at least) doesn't seem to have considered or allowed the idea of actually pursuing a relationship with her brother, simply settling for the fantasy. But there's plenty confusing this girl's head. And I think in part her love of these little sisters could be true sign that a part of her hates herself for being a little sister who treats her brother this way, when she wants to treat him different; as Kyousuke noted, black hair, twin tails, weak, timid, and affectionate are all things Kirino is definitely not. Her deciding that the perfect imouto is her absolute polar opposite may definitely say something about how she thinks of herself in that role.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2010-10-08 at 23:09.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 00:37   Link #454
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^But I don't think we'll see Kirino be dere towards her brother for a long, long time, while Kyousuke's little smiles at her can be considered as dere.
I think Kirino was the Tsundere one here... But only towards Kyousuke

Kyousuke is just your average guy that thinks nothing is interesting, and everything seems perfectly normal in this life-time (well except the 1st episode which made him think school was going for an all-out sister-worshiping day ) He goes along with his parents, and just casually does his stuff. Then there comes Kirino, who acts completely cold to Kyousuke by completely ignoring all his words, till the sudden incident where she immediantly responded without thinking.

After the detective case with finding out who was the one in possession of the anime case, and after the chat with Kirino and Kyousuke. Kirino actually "opens up" in a way towards Kyousuke, actually talking to him more when she needs advise. Even allowing him to play the games she play.. That defiantly is an improvement

Kyousuke's little smiles can somewhat be considered dere... But not positively, it just means he is confused/disturbed

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-10-09 at 00:53.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:25   Link #455
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I think Kirino was the Tsundere one here... But only towards Kyousuke

Kyousuke is just your average guy that thinks nothing is interesting, and everything seems perfectly normal in this life-time (well except the 1st episode which made him think school was going for an all-out sister-worshiping day ) He goes along with his parents, and just casually does his stuff. Then there comes Kirino, who acts completely cold to Kyousuke by completely ignoring all his words, till the sudden incident where she immediantly responded without thinking.

After the detective case with finding out who was the one in possession of the anime case, and after the chat with Kirino and Kyousuke. Kirino actually "opens up" in a way towards Kyousuke, actually talking to him more when she needs advise. Even allowing him to play the games she play.. That defiantly is an improvement

Kyousuke's little smiles can somewhat be considered dere... But not positively, it just means he is confused/disturbed

Again, all I'm seeing from Kirino is tsuntsun behaviour, so I'm a little hesitant to apply the tsundere label on her, that's all. Don't worry, I'm not a pedantic who's going to launch into a lengthy treatise about why I think that.
Old 2010-10-09, 04:06   Link #456
tsunade666

.......... Kirino would be an entirely level of only tsun for a long time if my memory serves me right sooooo she's on a whole tsun without dere.

The light novel is shown in Kyousuke's perspective so he can only say that his sister always hate him and again his sister always hate him. He always think like that and I don't know why. Then they start with a cold relationship from the get go without explanation but probably the original material doesn't explain that one yet so leave it be.

I don't see kyousuke acting dere at all -_- or I'm blind *-* \^-^/
Old 2010-10-09, 04:41   Link #457
Seiryuu

I think she'd qualify as tsundere. She's not good with the dere, but they rarely are. At the very least, her contrary and hesitant behaviors say that she's a tsun who wishes she could dere, but just can't manage it.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 04:54   Link #458
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't see kyousuke acting dere at all -_- or I'm blind *-* \^-^/
Yeah, I guess his smirk at her is more like a brotherly affection/duty kind of thing, putting up with her whims.
Old 2010-10-09, 10:14   Link #459
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Reminder: If you've read some or all of the novels/manga, please do not spoil the anime-only viewers on the character development to come in the anime (this is not allowed even behind spoiler tags). Some of the posts above are pretty borderline at telling people what will happen, and that isn't really appropriate. Given that I haven't read the source material myself, it's hard for me to know where the line should be drawn, but I am counting on fellow novel readers to keep the other posters in this thread honest.

Thanks for the consideration!
Old 2010-10-09, 11:21   Link #460
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
I knew i recognized the two VA's from K-ON!!!
The anime is kind of weird...haha
VEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen