Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-07, 09:10   Link #13281
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
On another note, is it true that you can actually train a crew in a premium tank for another (non-premium) one, as long as they're on the same type? And is it free?
Please use the wiki.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 14:42   Link #13282
Gravitas Free Zone

I just earned my 62nd Battle Buddy. Of course immediately afterward I end up accidentally shooting a friendly because they decided that they were going to park directly in front of me while I was shooting.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 23:25   Link #13283
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I'm close to finishing the M3 Lee grind. What should I get next, the M4 or T1 Heavy?
Old 2015-02-09, 23:56   Link #13284
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Do you want to go up the US medium line, or the US heavy line?

If it's the medium line you want, well there's only one way to go about it. Go with the M4.

If you want to go up the heavy line instead, go with the T1 Heavy.

On the other hand, you get another shot at progressing up the heavy line, if you research and grind out the M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman. That in turn leads to the T29, although going that route will leave you stuck with the piddly 76, and force you to grind the 90 from scratch unless you've done so through the M6 on the heavy line, or the T20 on the medium line.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 01:55   Link #13285
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Guys from the WoT forums told the T1 has shit gun and weak sides and read so it's hard to grind that tank, though the M6 and T29 are good.

I'll go with the Sherman, I think.
Old 2015-02-10, 12:04   Link #13286
Gravitas Free Zone

The Sherman is easy to use. The T1 is underrated because it's a lot trickier to use effectively than the KV-1, but the T1 is quite solid if you can play its strengths (rate of fire, hulldown, and rushing speed) while minimizing exposure to the giant sides.
Old 2015-02-10, 12:36   Link #13287
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The Sherman is easy to use. The T1 is underrated because it's a lot trickier to use effectively than the KV-1, but the T1 is quite solid if you can play its strengths (rate of fire, hulldown, and rushing speed) while minimizing exposure to the giant sides.
T1 can flex much better too when you need to run back to reset base or to save another flank. It's more of a jack-of-all-trades as opposed to the brick tanking heavy style of the KV-1. The T1 also shines against tier 7s a lot more than the KV-1 because armor becomes much less relevant at that point.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 18:18   Link #13288
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Another question, is there any good contour icon mod I could use without XVM?
Old 2015-02-10, 18:30   Link #13289
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Type 62 will be on sale again for 24 hours from 2/13/15.

Should I or should I not get it?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 21:55   Link #13290
Gravitas Free Zone

No. Powercreeped to hell and gone. If you want one, use an upgraded WZ-131. Or a Bulldog.
Old 2015-02-14, 10:35   Link #13291
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I somehow managed to fluke a shot on target thanks to the accuracy nerf as I didn't have direct aim at the tank I was aiming at and the shot strayed to the left and hit the tank I was supposed to be aiming for.

And in more important news, even though 9.6 had been live for a few days information about update 9.7 is already trickling out with the first bit being....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...a new D-Day map.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 17:20   Link #13292
Gravitas Free Zone

Oh, I screwed myself out of 1125 gold because I finished the Object 140 On-Track mission and would have gotten 1500 gold for the Matilda IV that I already own... but I forgot that the Matilda IV is part of the 75% off discount for Valentine's Day, so I only get the sale price. (WG will also laugh at me if I send in a support ticket for this one.)

Though forgetting that the Matilda IV was on sale today seemed reasonable. The last time they had a Valentine's Day sale, I seem to recall that the only things on sale were named "Valentine." Not "Matilda."
Old 2015-02-14, 17:48   Link #13293
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post

Though forgetting that the Matilda IV was on sale today seemed reasonable. The last time they had a Valentine's Day sale, I seem to recall that the only things on sale were named "Valentine." Not "Matilda."
No, they had the Matildas on sale last year too. I know because I bought them, played the BP thrice and never even played the IV. Money well spent as usual.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 19:02   Link #13294
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah well, still my mistake. I am however pleased that despite having a lot less time to wedge in WoT games now, I still managed to pull off the entire 250k XP; it helped that they made the light tank line contribute also.

And once again, I earned a Mark of Excellence during a losing game full of rutabagas, for the T-34 this time (which I had not used in a while). MoEs look really silly on tanks with narrow barrels.

That wasn't the silliest loss, though. That belonged to a game where the T32 (fully upgraded) that could have backed me up while I was fighting another T32 turned out to be firing 100% HE. Their entire contribution to the game was 120 damage in 6 shots.
Old 2015-02-14, 19:16   Link #13295
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Speaking of silly loses, it reminds me of the time when a team filled with nothing but reds and yellows, with one unlucky green in the middle (me) won against an enemy team filled with purple and blue players. This has already happened twice this week.

What was the worse part? we had only one dead, and it was a retard that jumped off a small cliff to get an enemy at low hp.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 20:56   Link #13296
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Never thought I would say this but, I actually finished the ramming mission... in a Lee.

Anyways, when is 9.6 coming to Asia server?
Old 2015-02-15, 10:46   Link #13297
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Speaking of silly loses, it reminds me of the time when a team filled with nothing but reds and yellows, with one unlucky green in the middle (me) won against an enemy team filled with purple and blue players. This has already happened twice this week.

What was the worse part? we had only one dead, and it was a retard that jumped off a small cliff to get an enemy at low hp.
The likelihood is that one or more of the enemy team had the same information and stopped taking the game seriously thinking that everyone on the other side would just queue up to be killed.

There are a couple of examples of this in the mighty jingles youtube channel (the latest the good, the bad and the ugly (don't confuse it with the war thunder variant that was released yesterday) and the second epic win video from a few months back).

And once again, a special event brings all the retard players to the yard (when I logged in, there were over 100,000 players on the server when there's usually less then half that at the time I log in) since I could barely get a victory and managed to be the last tank alive at least once.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 19:22   Link #13298
Gravitas Free Zone

You don't see this too often:

Images
Ninja arty.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I mean, I've gotten Invader medals in SPGs before, but usually someone sees me.
Old 2015-02-17, 19:56   Link #13299
The 48th Ronin

I started to play this just recently. This sh*t is addicting.

I have question, though. When should I retrain crews for credits? Should I do it every tier climb, or wait until Tier IV to V?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 20:48   Link #13300
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
I started to play this just recently. This sh*t is addicting.

I have question, though. When should I retrain crews for credits? Should I do it every tier climb, or wait until Tier IV to V?
Wait until tier 4-5, it's better that way. Also, what line are you grinding?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks