Notices

Old 2016-04-23, 14:09   Link #1
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu [Manga]

Description from Yen Press:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen Press
Subaru Natsuki was just trying to get to the convenience store but wound up summoned to another world. He encounters the usual things--life-threatening situations, silver haired beauties, cat fairies--you know, normal stuff. All that would be bad enough, but he's also gained the most inconvenient magical ability of all--time travel, but he's got to die to use it. How do you repay someone who saved your life when all you can do is die?
This series has been licensed by Yen Press (http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/tit...316315319/?yen) and the first volume is to be released July 2016

This thread is intended to follow the current manga releases. Please mark spoilers from the LN/WN/Raw releases as appropiate.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 17:12   Link #2
Sacredus

Quote:
This thread is intended to follow the current manga releases.
Just to remind to everyone. Each LN/WN arc is getting it's own manga series.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daiisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen - Mangaka: MATSUSE Daichi - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=111686
Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Isshuukan Hen - Mangaka: FUUGETSU Makoto - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=113316
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisanshou - Truth of Zero - Mangaka MATSUSE Daichi - http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=122146

IMO second manga/arc is much better that first one due... lack of censorship and so it's rather NSFW.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 18:35   Link #3
Proto

I do agree that the second arc is heaps better than the first one, but I don't think it has much to do with the gore in it. I just think it works much better as a thriller. It has been mentioned several times with regards to the horror genre that the mark of a good story is one where the monster remains unseen. This is a strong difference between the first arc, where Elsa, despite being super strong was known to the viewer and as such we as audience could see the scope of her abiltiies and think of ways the protagonists could deal with her. The second arc by contrast remains much higher on the horror and despair scale though, where we don't even know what is screwing up with the protagonists and as the chapters go by what looks like his allies are instead his enemies or people distrusting him. The 'monster' of the second arc remains by large an unseen force, and the story benefits from it.

(Or at least till the chapter that was released today where we got some hints that at least it seems to be an outsider.)
Old 2016-04-23, 19:30   Link #4
tsunade666

Is that felt in truth of Zero 0o0!!!?

is truth of zero a side story about Felt? I didn't know about that one. There is still no translated release for it which is probably why I don't have a clue about it but ... wow. I almost didn't recognize her from her past.
Old 2016-04-23, 19:35   Link #5
RDNexus

As far as I know, that's part of the main story, Arc3.
Felt being presented in the cover like that has to do with what was seen in the Anime's Ep04.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 19:37   Link #6
tsunade666

arc 3 is already in manga even if arc 2 is still not finish? I know it was being released in different series but wouldn't that be a problem storywise?
Old 2016-04-23, 20:39   Link #7
Proto

They did a similar thing for Umineko. I'm guessing it is to promote sales and keep interest high in a series.
Old 2016-04-24, 07:23   Link #8
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I do agree that the second arc is heaps better than the first one, but I don't think it has much to do with the gore in it. I just think it works much better as a thriller. It has been mentioned several times with regards to the horror genre that the mark of a good story is one where the monster remains unseen. This is a strong difference between the first arc, where Elsa, despite being super strong was known to the viewer and as such we as audience could see the scope of her abiltiies and think of ways the protagonists could deal with her. The second arc by contrast remains much higher on the horror and despair scale though, where we don't even know what is screwing up with the protagonists and as the chapters go by what looks like his allies are instead his enemies or people distrusting him. The 'monster' of the second arc remains by large an unseen force, and the story benefits from it.

(Or at least till the chapter that was released today where we got some hints that at least it seems to be an outsider.)
It's not just because gore, but it really helps series. First manga was like "ok, he got hit, time to restart" in that aspect. It feels just like game, when after death you must just start level from begging (and you fell just irritation and anger). In second arc you clearly see how much he suffers every single time he die and you know he really died, not just respawned.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 08:29   Link #9
Calca
Expressionless

The second manga showed the brutality of what was going on. Being disemboweled is one of the most excruciating ways to die, and the second manga detailed this happening to the MC multiple times.

Imagine having to go through that ordeal multiple times in order to reach a goal. It would be quite hard to keep your sanity.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 09:27   Link #10
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
The second manga showed the brutality of what was going on. Being disemboweled is one of the most excruciating ways to die, and the second manga detailed this happening to the MC multiple times.

Imagine having to go through that ordeal multiple times in order to reach a goal. It would be quite hard to keep your sanity.
Multiple times?

Spoiler:

When was he disemboweled in the second arc?
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 21:02   Link #11
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Multiple times?

Spoiler:

When was he disemboweled in the second arc?
River?

Spoiler for Spoilers, Death:

Anyhow, this is some pretty good stuff. I love the complexity of the killings.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 22:38   Link #12
Proto

I thought the third death was Ram's? (Rem was torturing him and Ram gave him a coup de grace to stop Rem from doing that.)
Old 2016-04-24, 23:36   Link #13
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I thought the third death was Ram's? (Rem was torturing him and Ram gave him a coup de grace to stop Rem from doing that.)
Ah yes, I got confused about the "river" part, as there was no river.

Spoiler for 2nd Arc:

Other thoughts,

His witch smell is the part that intrigues me the most.. Beatrice commented on his stench, saying that he was likely cursed by a witch, but then said that it didn't necessarily have to be the jealous witch. That's all fine and dandy, but later she goes and says that Satella absorbed the other evil witches, which only leaves her. That left me confused - so Satella is responsible for bringing him into that world - as well as giving him his powers (who is represented by the dark hand that's seen when he is first pulled into the world, and then later to silence him from speaking about his revival ability.)

She must be a pretty dang powerful witch if she can pull people from other dimensions.. Makes me wonder why she needs to rely on a pawn to do her bidding in making sure Emilia becomes queen when she could probably do it herself.
Old 2016-04-24, 23:48   Link #14
Applehell

For the sake of accuracy

Spoiler for deaths:

The 5th cycle this time looks to be the break he needed now that the connection between Ahram village and whats happening at the manor has been established.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 23:53   Link #15
Waxman

Leaving spoilers aside, Bea-ko said that there were witches with the name of the deadly sins (Satella-Envy, pride, sloth, etc) but then Satella killed the other 6.
There may be some other witches out there.
We got a quick lesson in magic, have seen a spirit user, a magician, we got some info in shamans but we don't know much on witches yet.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 23:59   Link #16
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
For the sake of accuracy

Spoiler for deaths:

The 5th cycle this time looks to be the break he needed now that the connection between Ahram village and whats happening at the manor has been established.
Spoiler for 2nd Arc:
Old 2016-04-25, 00:34   Link #17
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Spoiler for 2nd Arc:
Spoiler for re: 2nd Arc:

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-04-25 at 00:54.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 02:13   Link #18
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Spoiler for re: 2nd Arc:
Spoiler for 2nd Arc:
Old 2016-04-25, 02:31   Link #19
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Spoiler for 2nd Arc:
No they're right, Ram was the killer that time. Rem tortured him, and Ram intervened by mercy killing him.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:00   Link #20
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
No they're right, Ram was the killer that time. Rem tortured him, and Ram intervened by mercy killing him.
Spoiler for 2nd Arc: