AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 17:30   Link #3421
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmion View Post
Yabuki wanted to write a Mio-chapter. An Aya-chapter is also fine.
Who's Mio again?
Old 2012-03-13, 18:06   Link #3422
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Risa's friend with the twintails
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 18:13   Link #3423
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

The short haired girl who invited Rito to her house once in the prequel and teased/trolled him, right?
Old 2012-03-14, 01:45   Link #3424
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Sorry, but satisfying you isn't worth the infraction. Go to an image site like Gelbooru and search Misaki Kurehito. You won't be disappointed.

Pretty much. One of the reasons TLR is popular is because of the varying girls. It gives something for everyone.
No need for an infraction, after all we are all ecchi buddies here or we wouldn't be reading this glorious God given manga. Bless Yabuki.

That I agree with. Animes and manga's with various girls with great personalities and developments are just what hooks me in watching and reading along of course with ecchi.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:42   Link #3425
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Look what I got today

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Special French edition of To Love darkness, bundling the first volume + the databook + stickers + a double sided poster (880mm x 680). The cover of the two books also have a glitter effect (not sure how it's called), which I don't think was the case of the Japanese books (personally, I would have rather had regular covers, but whatever). I'm amazed To love-ru got that kind of treatment. Maybe it's more popular than I thought over here.

It looks like the databook's got tons of informations. I'll tell you if there's anything interesting we didn't know about yet.
Old 2012-03-16, 11:30   Link #3426
Miraluka
Banned

Is that poster a new one? I don't remember seeing it before...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 11:39   Link #3427
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I hope it's a small pic for the next chapter.
Old 2012-03-16, 16:38   Link #3428
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Is that poster a new one? I don't remember seeing it before...
It was originally a color spread in the databook (it's still there along with other color pages, I'm glad they kept them). You can easily find scans on Danbooru-like boards, search for girls with the least amount of fanart like Midako, Aya or Kyouko and you should find it right away. I think it's the first time it's been released in poster form though. It's a lot more... impressive in that size.

I'd love for them to release the bath posters too, but it's probably impossible since they're pretty much collector's item. It's not like I'm ever going to put up any of those posters on my walls anyway, but I'd still like to possess them.
Old 2012-03-16, 16:59   Link #3429
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was originally a color spread in the databook (it's still there along with other color pages, I'm glad they kept them). You can easily find scans on Danbooru-like boards, search for girls with the least amount of fanart like Midako, Aya or Kyouko and you should find it right away. I think it's the first time it's been released in poster form though. It's a lot more... impressive in that size.

I'd love for them to release the bath posters too, but it's probably impossible since they're pretty much collector's item. It's not like I'm ever going to put up any of those posters on my walls anyway, but I'd still like to possess them.
Count yourself lucky you are getting the manga in the first place, we got nothing!!!
Old 2012-03-16, 17:09   Link #3430
Xagzan

I. Want. That. Poster.

Although like Kanon, I probably wouldn't put it up on my walls anyway
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 17:49   Link #3431
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
I think it's the first time it's been released in poster form though. It's a lot more... impressive in that size.
It certainly would be. I collect some Nyantype/Megami posters that look far better in their original form compared to their scanned counterparts.

Are there any websites offering the special edition, or is it a store exclusive? I'd love to import it if possible.
Old 2012-03-16, 18:43   Link #3432
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
nobody remembers that we raged over the poster because it lacked Yami, Nana, Momo and Mea

now it lacks Tearju as well

but awesome poster is still awesome

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 09:54   Link #3433
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Look what I got today

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Special French edition of To Love darkness, bundling the first volume + the databook + stickers + a double sided poster (880mm x 680). The cover of the two books also have a glitter effect (not sure how it's called), which I don't think was the case of the Japanese books (personally, I would have rather had regular covers, but whatever). I'm amazed To love-ru got that kind of treatment. Maybe it's more popular than I thought over here.

It looks like the databook's got tons of informations. I'll tell you if there's anything interesting we didn't know about yet.
That is glorious. We need one of those with every single girl.

And someone did an epic photoshop of the color cover page with Momo in the gym outfit. Added the x-ray glasses.
Old 2012-03-17, 16:20   Link #3434
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Count yourself lucky you are getting the manga in the first place, we got nothing!!!
I know and I'm certainly not complaining. I'm just greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It certainly would be. I collect some Nyantype/Megami posters that look far better in their original form compared to their scanned counterparts.

Are there any websites offering the special edition, or is it a store exclusive? I'd love to import it if possible.
These sellers from the Amazon market place should ship internationally. And this way, you don't need to bother making an account on some random French site: you can simply log in to your existing Amazon account. Google translate should do the job, but don't hesitate to tell me if you need help.
Old 2012-03-17, 21:40   Link #3435
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
These sellers from the Amazon market place should ship internationally. And this way, you don't need to bother making an account on some random French site: you can simply log in to your existing Amazon account. Google translate should do the job, but don't hesitate to tell me if you need help.
Ah, thanks. I'm familiar with Amazon's layout so ordering was pretty easy.

I'd like to possess the bath posters also. The upcoming Lala one looks especially good.
Old 2012-03-18, 09:58   Link #3436
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

HI, Im new in this tread, n currently I was lookin for TLR grup, could anyone give me the link..??

I love Yui, hope they can make a Parent Meeting beetwen Rito's n Yui's...
Old 2012-03-18, 14:21   Link #3437
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Ah, thanks. I'm familiar with Amazon's layout so ordering was pretty easy.

I'd like to possess the bath posters also. The upcoming Lala one looks especially good.
Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible for us to get them, as I don't think we're eligible to receive them if we don't live in Japan. The other solution is to buy them on auction sites, but the prices are ridiculous... I checked again today and the Yui one was going for ~300$
As much as I'd love to possess it, I'm not wiling to blow that much money on a poster.

I finished reading the dababook. Nothing new in the character profiles. Only the "Data" bubble is interesting, and I had already posted a translation for those last year. The rest of the profiles contains analyses of the character's personalities and bodies, as well as comments about some scenes (I don't know who wrote these comments exactly, but he's a huge pervert ), nothing you wouldn't already know by simply reading the series. There are also compilations of each girls' hottest scenes.

The profiles that caught my eye are Sayaka Arai's and Koyomi Shirayuri's. The commentator says they might be "more than friends", and we see a panel where Koyomi is shown looking annoyed when Risa gropes Sayaka, and another from the first Valentine chapter where they were lezzing out. Make of that what you will.

The best part of the book were the interviews. There are four interviews: one with Masakazu Katsura, one with Takeshi Obata, one with Haruka Tomatsu, and finally one where Yabuki and Hasemi talk about the birth of the new series and comment on the characters. They're closer to discussions than interviews.

Spoiler for Katsura:

Spoiler for Obata:

Alright, moving on to the Tomatsu Haruka interview now. As you would expect, they are mostly talking about the anime.
Spoiler for Tomatsu Haruka:

Alright, that's about it for Tomatsu.

And finally, the final interview.

Spoiler for Hasemi and Yabuki about Darkness:

Spoiler for Comments about the characters:

Aaaand, that's it. Phew. It's pretty disjointed. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Kanon; 2012-03-18 at 15:26.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:30   Link #3438
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thanx for tht...i knw this might sound redundant bt did they talk about Rito, as in are they gonna up his character development as well or something??
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:38   Link #3439
Xagzan

Awesome post, thanks for the those translations.

Quote:
The profiles that caught my eye are Sayaka Arai's and Koyomi Shirayuri's. The commentator says they might be "more than friends", and we see a panel where Koyomi is shown looking annoyed when Risa gropes Sayaka, and another from the first Valentine chapter where they were lezzing out. Make of that what you will.
Who are these girls again?

Quote:
Lala: she is not the heroine anymore, and only plays a supporting role as Momo and Nana's big sister.
I do wish they'd said more about her, or had more plans for her at least. She still is kind of an important character.

Quote:
Yui: she's been promoted to major character status. She's a very popular character loved by everybody and who has been constantly evolving, so they believe it would have been a mistake to leave her aside.
According to Yabuki, she's a perfect candidate for the harem plan. It's the best way to make her love come true.
Can't say I would've complained had we gotten a Yui spin-off Very glad they view her as a major character now. It would've been an absolute mistake to leave her aside.

Quote:
Saki: she was included in the harem picture because she's hot but she actually has no place in the harem. She is still in love with Zastin.
I'm kind of relieved to hear that. It would've been weird if she suddenly had given up on Zastin and turned to Rito for no apparent reason. Plus, it's nice to know Rito doesn't get all the girls

Quote:
Yabuki mentions he's more interested in writing about Rin.
YES, THANK YOU
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 15:08   Link #3440
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Thanx for tht...i knw this might sound redundant bt did they talk about Rito, as in are they gonna up his character development as well or something??
Sadly, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Who are these girls again?
They're often seen in the background throughout the manga. This is the pic that started Sayaka's legend (Koyomi on the left):

And yeah, I bet a lot of people would have loved a Yui spin-off. I think what they did was for the best though. It's more entertaining this way, and we get to see all kind of ladies naked instead of only one.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen