AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-14, 01:53   Link #2081
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
But this is the whole concept of the thread, wich one is stronger, not a sasuke vs neiji clash or any other user of the techniques. In my opinion I would rather have the sharingan, because on it's own it is a weapon made of "hax" and win.

From what we know, (maybe there is more to the byakugan) the sharingan is much more complete, it enables the user to use some of the most powerfull attacks in the anime, it gives you the capacity to read your opponents movements, great defense. And it has the added bonus of copying jutsus on the fly.
Ok then. If you put an average user of the byakugan against the typical sharigan, which didn't have any MS techniques, I'd put my money on the byakugan.

If you put Hinata against Sasuke when all Sasuke had was a plain ole sharingan, I'd give her more than a good chance. Especially after she created her own set of techniques.

Let's keep in mind that MS is the exception, not the rule. Its like a mutant. It doesn't occur very often. Five users out of how many since the beginning of the Uchiha clan?

I mean, since we're being technical.
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:09   Link #2082
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Ok then. If you put an average user of the byakugan against the typical sharigan, which didn't have any MS techniques, I'd put my money on the byakugan.

If you put Hinata against Sasuke when all Sasuke had was a plain ole sharingan, I'd give her more than a good chance. Especially after she created her own set of techniques.

Let's keep in mind that MS is the exception, not the rule. Its like a mutant. It doesn't occur very often. Five users out of how many since the beginning of the Uchiha clan?

When you mean her own set of skills where is this from? The anime fillers is it?

Sasuke with just the fully matured Sharingan was still very impressive. He totally played around with Naruto using Kyuubi chakra. Think of Naruto's strength/speed when he smashed Haku (but probably a bit more powerful) being ineffective against Sasuke. Thats what a normal sharingan can contend with.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:41   Link #2083
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemn View Post
We cannot decide which one is better without knowing the full abilities of each doujutsu. Sharigan is complete, but I feel that Byukugan has much more to be discovered about itself.
True. I wish Kishimoto would reveal more byakugan "secrets". I can't choose either, I like both!
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:57   Link #2084
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
When you mean her own set of skills where is this from? The anime fillers is it?

Sasuke with just the fully matured Sharingan was still very impressive. He totally played around with Naruto using Kyuubi chakra. Think of Naruto's strength/speed when he smashed Haku (but probably a bit more powerful) being ineffective against Sasuke. Thats what a normal sharingan can contend with.
Sasuke was at curse seal level 2 when he "played" around with Naruto using kyuubi chakra. Even that wasn't enough. It was a combination of both CS and the sharingan. Keep in mind also that Naruto had little to no mastery over the fox chakra at that point. It was pure will and emotion.
Old 2008-11-14, 09:11   Link #2085
Rurik
Golden

Quote:

Really, your anti-uchiha Campaign is incredible.

But anyways, while both Dojutus shows equals benefits which could help the reader like one more than the other let gets your facts straight because you seem to be misinformed:

-The Avarage Byakuga user was the Branch member, which didn’t know any of the Jutsu HIashi or Neeji knows, that means No Kaiten, nor the 64 Strikes.

-The Avarage Byakugan user could not see the pressure points and hit them with precision, so unlike Neeji that could close tenketsu and thus closing in other people Chakra flow, other Byakugan users could not do that.

-The Avarage Sharigan user was an Uchiha, all Uchiha are considered Genius by default, and those exceptions,

Spoiler:

The Avarage Sharigan user had in his hand a tool were he could read and counter basically any Jutsu thrown at Him, Chiyo, that fought against the Avarage Sharigan user, had only one strategy to fight one on one against a Sharingan user…RUN. (I haven’t even mention the Genjutsu pack)

-If You put a Byakugan user (like HInata) against a Shairgan user (Like Sasuke) with just plain old Sharigan, it would be a Byakuga user pwning. The point here is that the main Jutsu of a Byakugan user is the Soft Palm Taijutsu, and the Sharigan would read and help the User of the Sharigan predict every movement and thus avoid any hit made by the Hyuga,

-And going about that, why the Heck you want to pit down Sasuke with just his Sharigan against Hinata and her made up Jutsu? If you are going to pit 2 persons, don’t restrain one from its abilities.

-MS doesn’t occur to often given it was a Tabu, it was not because Uchiha couldn’t gained it if they wanted.

The debate about who would win about the Sharingan and the Byakugan is an tricky thing and it is very subjective, both Sharigan and Byakugan are tools, and both will depend on the use it it’s given by its wielder.

For Example, back at the Chunin Exam, Neji was stronger than Sasuke, So the DoJutsu alone doesn’t mean much if the person using it is not that adept.

But, in terms of the Doujutsu itself, its pretty clear one is created for direct fight, while the other is created for Scout, recon, espionage and information gathering.

Byakugan for itself doesn’t offer the user any offensive means whatsoever, whereas the Sharigan does in any way you could think of.
Old 2008-11-14, 12:19   Link #2086
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Really, your anti-uchiha Campaign is incredible.

But anyways, while both Dojutus shows equals benefits which could help the reader like one more than the other let gets your facts straight because you seem to be misinformed:

-The Avarage Byakuga user was the Branch member, which didn’t know any of the Jutsu HIashi or Neeji knows, that means No Kaiten, nor the 64 Strikes.

-The Avarage Byakugan user could not see the pressure points and hit them with precision, so unlike Neeji that could close tenketsu and thus closing in other people Chakra flow, other Byakugan users could not do that.

-The Avarage Sharigan user was an Uchiha, all Uchiha are considered Genius by default, and those exceptions,

Spoiler:

The Avarage Sharigan user had in his hand a tool were he could read and counter basically any Jutsu thrown at Him, Chiyo, that fought against the Avarage Sharigan user, had only one strategy to fight one on one against a Sharingan user…RUN. (I haven’t even mention the Genjutsu pack)

-If You put a Byakugan user (like HInata) against a Shairgan user (Like Sasuke) with just plain old Sharigan, it would be a Byakuga user pwning. The point here is that the main Jutsu of a Byakugan user is the Soft Palm Taijutsu, and the Sharigan would read and help the User of the Sharigan predict every movement and thus avoid any hit made by the Hyuga,

-And going about that, why the Heck you want to pit down Sasuke with just his Sharigan against Hinata and her made up Jutsu? If you are going to pit 2 persons, don’t restrain one from its abilities.

-MS doesn’t occur to often given it was a Tabu, it was not because Uchiha couldn’t gained it if they wanted.

The debate about who would win about the Sharingan and the Byakugan is an tricky thing and it is very subjective, both Sharigan and Byakugan are tools, and both will depend on the use it it’s given by its wielder.

For Example, back at the Chunin Exam, Neji was stronger than Sasuke, So the DoJutsu alone doesn’t mean much if the person using it is not that adept.

But, in terms of the Doujutsu itself, its pretty clear one is created for direct fight, while the other is created for Scout, recon, espionage and information gathering.

Byakugan for itself doesn’t offer the user any offensive means whatsoever, whereas the Sharigan does in any way you could think of.

My reply had a little less to do with this topic, so go here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=244
Old 2008-11-14, 16:27   Link #2087
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Sasuke was at curse seal level 2 when he "played" around with Naruto using kyuubi chakra. Even that wasn't enough. It was a combination of both CS and the sharingan. Keep in mind also that Naruto had little to no mastery over the fox chakra at that point. It was pure will and emotion.
I was talking about the part before he got a demon tail out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSraY1ynr8o

All the way up to 2:18

He was couldnt lay a hand on Sasuke who was only using his sharingan. The sharingan's ability to predict movements makes him able to counter fast attacks, I dont know what Hinata would be doing against him.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 17:00   Link #2088
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-11-15 at 15:44.
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 18:41   Link #2089
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Send a message via MSN to Xemn
Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Who knows? The Hyuga clan might have been only one person... or even a whole colony... Kishimoto gives us no information on that, so we cannot debate on that subject.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-11-15 at 15:44.
Xemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 18:49   Link #2090
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

That must have been a big twist, we know the hyuga clan is older than the uchiha clan, and we know it has a considerable ammount of members now, but yeah there is no clear evidence to say that they where equal or superior in numbers so yeah I give you that.

Another one, why is the sharingan konoha's most sought after secret. Why was orochimaru so much more interested in the sharingan (it might be only related to sasuke but I guess it is not the only reason).
Old 2008-11-14, 19:21   Link #2091
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Quote:
That must have been a big twist, we know the hyuga clan is older than the uchiha clan, and we know it has a considerable ammount of members now, but yeah there is no clear evidence to say that they where equal or superior in numbers so yeah I give you that.

Another one, why is the sharingan konoha's most sought after secret. Why was orochimaru so much more interested in the sharingan (it might be only related to sasuke but I guess it is not the only reason).
Nah, he wanted Itachi also. He just basicly worshiped sharigan (WHO knows why...) and he wanted it. Orochimaru was basicly some insane person... who did anything for more power but
Spoiler for Manga:

But thats just my opinion on Orochimaru.
Old 2008-11-14, 19:33   Link #2092
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Perhaps, and this is a wild theory, mind you, The uchiha and Hyuuga clans were one and the same at the time? The two techniques are related, right? It also plays into another theory I've had: Sharingan is the "mangekyo" version of Byakugan. Meaning if a Byakugan user kills his best friend, Boom! Sharingan is born. That said, all theories fit together, nice and cohesive, no?

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-11-15 at 15:45.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 19:50   Link #2093
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Perhaps, and this is a wild theory, mind you, The uchiha and Hyuuga clans were one and the same at the time? The two techniques are related, right? It also plays into another theory I've had: Sharingan is the "mangekyo" version of Byakugan. Meaning if a Byakugan user kills his best friend, Boom! Sharingan is born. That said, all theories fit together, nice and cohesive, no?
So if a Byukugan user wanted Mangekyo... he would have to kill BOTH of his best friends? That would seriously suck. But, I can't really accept that theory because I believe Kishi made Byukugan for a reason, not just to be the root of Sharigan...
Old 2008-11-14, 19:52   Link #2094
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Not really, and then waht the next generation will be born with sharingan? Doesn't make sense. They say that it is thought sharingan evolved from the byakugan. That theory of yours has no foundation. Altough it would be interesting I guess.
Old 2008-11-14, 19:59   Link #2095
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Not really, and then waht the next generation will be born with sharingan? Doesn't make sense. They say that it is thought sharingan evolved from the byakugan. That theory of yours has no foundation. Altough it would be interesting I guess.
I knew someone would bring that up... Well, I have another question that sums that up: Of the four(or was it five?) people who have attained Mangekyo sharingan, how many of them have had children? The answer: none. So, how can we say for certain that their children wouldn't be born with mangekyo? I know my theory is more or less baseless, but it's very interesting to consider, no?
Old 2008-11-14, 20:00   Link #2096
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Yes but too much of a long shot.
Old 2008-11-14, 20:03   Link #2097
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemn View Post
So if a Byukugan user wanted Mangekyo... he would have to kill BOTH of his best friends? That would seriously suck. But, I can't really accept that theory because I believe Kishi made Byukugan for a reason, not just to be the root of Sharigan...
Well, I always thought the whole reason Neji existed was to show what Sasuke could've been like, had Itachi failed to kill the Uchiha....

Quote:
Yes but too much of a long shot.
Maybe. But I never said it was the definite truth, did I? Just an ineresting Hypothesis...
Old 2008-11-14, 23:10   Link #2098
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Well, I always thought the whole reason Neji existed was to show what Sasuke could've been like, had Itachi failed to kill the Uchiha....
Nah, Neji existed to even out Lee's hard work plight. Lee is the true genius of hard work. Neji was the first to reach jounin.

That dynamic needed a yin and yang too.
Old 2008-11-15, 09:47   Link #2099
Rurik
Golden

First off, people, mark as spoiler your comment about recent Manga information, this is not a manga only thread.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
I don’t think the Hyuga as a clan was that strong based on the rules set by them, the whole thing about the Branch member that are the ones to go to fight, whereas they don’t have access to all of the Hyuga Taijutus styles, just reduces their strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
Spoiler:
Because there is a big difference between Genius and power, The Uchiha were considered Geniuses, but none were at the level of power as people like Itachi or Madara.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Sometimes I think the sharingan is overrated. Yes, it's something that shouldn't be messed with but it's hardly invincible.
I don’t think anyone is saying that Sharigan is invincible, nor anyone that carries it.
Old 2008-11-15, 12:25   Link #2100
-HyugaNeji-

Quote:
If he dodged, then he's using other moves other than pure eye jutsu, which is why this scenario makes no sense.

If I had to stand there from 50 feet away and use whatever my byakugan eye could accomplish while a mangekyo sharigan user got to shoot amaterasu or kamui at me of course I'd lose. This is the scenario Kenshi_Uchiha painted, which, as I already said, doesn't make much sense.

You can't win on defense alone, and so far the jutsu demonstrated using the byakugan are all defensive in nature. They could be viewed as offensive when used with soft fist, but then that wouldn't just be using the eyes.
You miss an important point. You can't just say "which eye is stronger" without considering the use of your own body. It's not like these eyes are in a jar and fighting each other.

The Sharingan clearly is an offensive eye, while the byakugan is a defensive eye. So if you define strong, as "offensive", then the sharingan would be your choice. If you define strong, as "defensive", then the byakugan gives you a much better variety of possibilities. The sharingan is tied to the uchiha body to access it's full potential while the Byakugan is tied to the Hyuga Bodyto access it's full potential. The sharingan, i agree here, gives the user the possibility to not really do much during a fight except using the eye. The strenght of the Byakugan on the other hand comes from the combination of body and eye (because of it's defensive nature). That's why you can't look at it seperated.

In football(soccer), there's both tactics. Offensive, fast play, and defensive play to create openings for counter attacks. Both tactics are valid and have shown to be effective (On a side note. The defensive tactic is more sucessful in tournaments. There is this quote. Offense wins games, Defense wins tournaments)

So if you consider a fight between a byakugan user and a sharingan user, you have to take into account the use of the body. If a byakugan user would be able to see an amaterasu attack miles ahead, why shouldn't he be allowed to avoid it? It was his eye which created this chance in the first place. So that would be it's strength and advantage at this point.

In the end, it's always about the "user" and his or her capabilities. If an offensive Football team can't break a defense to shoot goals, and the defensive team isn't good enough in their offense to shoot goals, it'll be a draw.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote