AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-17, 20:24   Link #5981
Langus
Optimus Prime

Who you kidding? Power Rangers was the shit!

*wanders off singing "Yo Go Power Rangers doo dee doo doo doo..."*

In random and completely unrelated news, one of my profs was a VA for Sailor Moon. He did Chad (Rei's bf?). He also was the original Astro Boy...
Old 2008-07-17, 20:27   Link #5982
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Who gives a crap what parts he used to play? Everyone gets there start somewhere. Dan Southworh was once the Quantum Ranger does that stop him from being a badass as Vergil in DMC?

I never get why people have a problem with judging every performance on an individual basis instead of always focusing on other roles. Of course, if you go in condemning it no performance could please you.

Why are were even talking about this? There's a dub thread that can be bumped to discuss it properly.

Edit: There I bumped the thread to the front page. If you have a reply post it there and not here we've gone OT long enough

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2008-07-17 at 20:37.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:38   Link #5983
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I'm right there with you. The Bleach dub is so cringe-worthy. It's like nails on a chalkboard to watch/hear it. *shudder* Especially Hitsugaya's voice...Just...No...

Though Ichigo isn't bad. He's actually okay. The rest of the cast? EPIC FAIL!
I hate Ichigo's VA with a passion. Watched five minutes of him speaking, and already I wanted to die. Can't even pronounce Ichigo's name properly, and he over exaggerates his words.
Old 2008-07-17, 21:55   Link #5984
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
What?Stops there?
Is Orihime a special person to him?Hell no.
eh? i wasnt saying that!

Quote:
And something else,just because you refuse to see it doesn't matter.
there is nothing there to see! that is what i am trying to make you see, that there is nothing there to seeeeeeeee!!!!

Quote:
Half of Bleach fandom and even more supports IchiRuki and are sure it will happen.
what IchiRuki fans think doesnt mean it will become reality, in fact i am sure of it.

Quote:
Popularity displays the result of the manga.
no it doesnt, and in the case of shounen, the value of romance/pairings means little.

Quote:
A pairing which doesn't have big chance of happening or interactions is not a possible one.
exactly, which is why IchiRuki wont happen.

Quote:
You can't throw off every possiblity.Because Kubo intentionally made IchiRuki more popular.Why do you think IchiOri has very small fandom in Asia?It's what Kubo has done so far.That is what he has storytold us.
In Asia,like I mentioned,VERY big amount of people see IchiRuki as extremely possible. The pairing is very loved and if Kubo does IchiOri,what will he lose?A lot.

If he does IchiRuki,he won't lose anything except the really small local fandom of IchiOri.It is not just pairing people are not interested in,it's a hated one I dare say and I have enough friends to know that.Polls can also tell.
All that crap "popularity doesn't matter" is something IchiOriers say because it is in their favour.Let me say,it does matter.Because this is what every writer desires so badly-the purpose of drawing manga except having fun is pleasing fans.IchiOri will not please anyone.
LOL, some very bias writing you got there! you are talking like IchiRuki is everything in Bleach and that EVERY SINGLE BLEACH FAN VOTED IN THESE POLLS. Bleach is Shounen, not Shoujo! Bleach is watch by many for alot of reasons besides a possible IchiRuki pairing! If IchiRuki doesnt happen, alot of people will still watch the show, including YOU!

Quote:
Even if he makes the pairing possible now because there is still chance for IchiOri,people will not be convinced and he will be a hated author.
he wont be hated sweety, that is just your thinking! Bleach is extremely popular for many reasons and it is all without romance or love since there has been no official pairing yet after all these years!!

Quote:
If IchiRuki happens,you know how will fandom explode and send our Kubo presents.
Kubo lost big amount of audience with Hueco Mundo and he knows that very well.If IchiOri was about to happen,Kubo would have made his Asian audience love the couple.He made ByaHisa,KaiRuki loved in a few chapters and IchiOri is still unpopular after the spending 60 chapters together.
I don't know if I should take the rest of what you said seriously.I better not answer it,these are anti-IchiRuki arguments who fail,I've heard them billion of times and I just don't wish to write about them.
the big complaint about him losing some fans has nothing to do with IchiRuki being a pairing! the Banto arc wasnt that good compare to the SS arc and some people say Kubo was losing his touch with now the Aizen/Espada arc but nothing has been confirmed that he lost a huge supply of fans because of it. Bleach is still going strong and people continue to watch the anime, buy the manga, merchindise, etc.
Old 2008-07-17, 22:00   Link #5985
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
eh? i wasnt saying that!

there is nothing there to see! that is what i am trying to make you see, that there is nothing there to seeeeeeeee!!!!

what IchiRuki fans think doesnt mean it will become reality, in fact i am sure of it.

no it doesnt, and in the case of shounen, the value of romance/pairings means little.

exactly, which is why IchiRuki wont happen.

LOL, some very bias writing you got there! you are talking like IchiRuki is everything in Bleach and that EVERY SINGLE BLEACH FAN VOTED IN THESE POLLS. Bleach is Shounen, not Shoujo! Bleach is watch by many for alot of reasons besides a possible IchiRuki pairing! If IchiRuki doesnt happen, alot of people will still watch the show, including YOU!

he wont be hated sweety, that is just your thinking! Bleach is extremely popular for many reasons and it is all without romance or love since there has been no official pairing yet after all these years!!

the big complaint about him losing some fans has nothing to do with IchiRuki being a pairing! the Banto arc wasnt that good compare to the SS arc and some people say Kubo was losing his touch with now the Aizen/Espada arc but nothing has been confirmed that he lost a huge supply of fans because of it. Bleach is still going strong and people continue to watch the anime, buy the manga, merchindise, etc.
It's not like your writing isn't bias too. It's true that not every Bleach fan votes on the polls, but a lot of them do (the Japanese audience). It's bound to influence KT in some way, since he wants to please his audience.
Old 2008-07-17, 23:49   Link #5986
Goddess11

oh im a huge ichigoxrukia fan!! people until the manga ends we wont know but i can bet my life them two will end up together....

ok maybe not my life....

ichigo x rukia 4-ever!!!
Old 2008-07-18, 00:05   Link #5987
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
It's not like your writing isn't bias too. It's true that not every Bleach fan votes on the polls, but a lot of them do (the Japanese audience). It's bound to influence KT in some way, since he wants to please his audience.
I believe KT has said, and I believe it's quoted somewhere in the huge circular argument...that he's only let fan opinion affect his decision once, but for the love of me I can't remember exactly what it was...
Old 2008-07-18, 00:07   Link #5988
Langus
Optimus Prime

I believe it was in reference to his decision to bring Orihime out of the background. He had every intention of leaving her there until during the SS arc people started to like her. Funny that.
Old 2008-07-18, 02:01   Link #5989
Ichigo&Rukia

Omg,Danny's post :heh
Not gonna answer since like I said I doubt it is something I should take seriously
*dies*
Old 2008-07-18, 03:08   Link #5990
Kari Izumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuk1 View Post
... Am I the only one who hates the english dub? Cuz seriously, they change the lines often plus they're (some) not really good voice actors to begin with, not to mention lack of emotion. (=___=lll)
As far as dubs go, it could be a hell of a lot worse. About the only voice actor who I still haven't warmed up to in the role would be the guy who does Renji, but one out of thirty (or more, with this show) isn't too bad.

Getting back to this topic:

Quote:
All that crap "popularity doesn't matter" is something IchiOriers say because it is in their favour.Let me say,it does matter.Because this is what every writer desires so badly-the purpose of drawing manga except having fun is pleasing fans.IchiOri will not please anyone.
If every writer listened to every one of his fans as for what he should or shouldn't do with his work, most works of fiction would look like...well, have you seen daytime TV lately? It's a horrible mess of flavor of the week couples that get split up with every fan poll that comes out. It ain't pretty.

Here are my thoughts about both couples: At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if either happened. Ichigo and Rukia have had a bond from the beginning. The nature of that bond has most likely been debated to death in this thread, but it's there. They do have a special kind of relationship with each other (one that, even as an Ichiruki fan, I acknowledge to be platonic at this point in time). Ichigo and Orihime will undoubtedly become closer friends after all this is over, so there's also potential in that blooming into something more.

But honestly, before I could see either relationship happening, Ichigo's gotta notice when girls like him! He's pretty oblivious to this sort of thing, and I think he couldn't clue in, even if it were Rukia in Orihime's position. That's the big stepping stone, and I'm surprised in the ten pages that I did read in this thread that no one's brought this up. It's one reason why the whole "but Orihime already loves Ichigo" argument a bit flawed for me. Yes, she does, but that doesn't mean he necessarily has to return those feelings.

In six years of being online, I've mostly learned it's best just to like what I like as far as pairings go, and take canon "evidence" (which can be skewered any old which-way) with a grain of salt--especially in shounen series which may have five or six panels of canon shippy romance, if that.
Old 2008-07-18, 04:02   Link #5991
HaNa-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
Not at all. He gave her a tender glance, almost sympathetic, not quite sure how to describe it. The closest comparison could be the look he gave Grimmjow when he defeated him. What more can we ask for at this early stage? Sex on the floor? Definatly not an expression he's made before.
Lol so the sympathy look satisfied you and the fans.. I remember many ichiori fans were shouting "I can't wait for the second reunion ..it should be epic…etc" what a reunion -_-' the focusing was in ichigo and ulq…ichigo didn't even talk to orihime o_o

In contract with ichiruki reunions…ichigo came and the heroic smile in his face saying yo … not a sympathy or almost a cold expression, that would hurt

Honestly..there's nothing to compare with …ichiruki moments are far from comparing it with ichiori ones…. The two relationship are so unbalanced.. >.> lets wait for more few chapter and see though >.>
Old 2008-07-18, 04:38   Link #5992
SUKISUKILOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
Oh belive me he will be hated.
Old 2008-07-18, 04:45   Link #5993
SUKISUKILOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Izumi View Post
If every writer listened to every one of his fans as for what he should or shouldn't do with his work, most works of fiction would look like...well, have you seen daytime TV lately? It's a horrible mess of flavor of the week couples that get split up with every fan poll that comes out. It ain't pretty.
Ehm, this is not about one fan, its about... well IchigoxRukia is the most popular paring everywhere. So why would he want to make almost all of his fans disappointed?
Old 2008-07-18, 06:55   Link #5994
sorbet
vicious fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaron View Post
I'm confused with the quote in general.

It doesn't add up.

If Kubo decided Inoue to be the heroine, why doesn't the general marketing outlet reflect this?

Why does the fan consensus not reflect this as well? I'm going by the character popularity polls, and the 40th anniversary Jump cover, which was showing all of the heros/heroines of Shonen Jump.

Also, it's kind of fishy. I'm not one for bashing people really, but this is the same Lady O who posted the supposed 317 spoilers from FLOL (which were horribly mistranslated and were completely wrong), and caused an unnecessary ruckus.
Even Jump webistes don't reflect Orihime as a Bleach heroine at all. In official Jump website, for Jump 40th anniversary, Rukia is featured with Ichigo along with other main characters. And the most recent one is the website for Jump Expo here:

http://www.jump40th.com/j-expo/

If you notice, everyone's pic except Rukia comes from that Heroes and Heroines covers which all Orihime fans has claimed as an evident for Orihime's heroine status. If that is true, why would JUMP replaces her with Rukia here? Rukia is the only character that wasn't featured on that heroines cover.

To be honest, heroine or not, it wouldn't increase anyone's chances on getting with Ichigo. If they have no chemistry, no interactions nor developments, the pairing will not happen.

About ch 318: That is not a reunion. It is too lame to be one unless we are talking about UlquiIchi reunion.
Old 2008-07-18, 06:58   Link #5995
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNa-san View Post
Lol so the sympathy look satisfied you and the fans.. I remember many ichiori fans were shouting "I can't wait for the second reunion ..it should be epic…etc" what a reunion -_-' the focusing was in ichigo and ulq…ichigo didn't even talk to orihime o_o

In contract with ichiruki reunions…ichigo came and the heroic smile in his face saying yo … not a sympathy or almost a cold expression, that would hurt

Honestly..there's nothing to compare with …ichiruki moments are far from comparing it with ichiori ones…. The two relationship are so unbalanced.. >.> lets wait for more few chapter and see though >.>
A reunion isn't a reunion when theres an enemy in front of your face. Ichihime fans, including myself don't expect much to happen upon arrival "It'll just be too awkward to see Ichigo or Orihime throwing kissey faces while Ulq. is standing inbetween them. But, the expectation lies somewhere inbetween or at the end, similar to what happened with the Grimmjow fight where every Ichihime fan orgasmed over, and every IchiRukia fan cried foul over.

Its your opinion that you think whatever moments dealing with Rukia is better, be sure to state that. As in my opinion, I see it as nothing special. Hell Ichigo didn't even talk to Rukia again after he chucked her over to Renji until long after the Byakuya fight. IIRC.

Right now, it is a wait and see game. I know every shipper is on their toes over these upcoming chapters.

And btw, its "contrast" not "contract", just a little help.
Old 2008-07-18, 07:23   Link #5996
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKISUKILOL View Post
Oh belive me he will be hated.
he wont lose any sleep over it, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
everyones has bias, however that post from IchigoxRukia was BIAS beyond belief.
Old 2008-07-18, 07:27   Link #5997
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Why don't the IchiRukia fans, realize that this is a Shonen, where theres no promise of any kind of pairing? Whichever Kubo goes for, if any, will have little to no effect. The thousands little boys that goes out to buy their shonen jumps and volume releases won't be slitting their wrists over Rukia.
Old 2008-07-18, 07:32   Link #5998
yuuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
A reunion isn't a reunion when theres an enemy in front of your face. Ichihime fans, including myself don't expect much to happen upon arrival "It'll just be too awkward to see Ichigo or Orihime throwing kissey faces while Ulq. is standing inbetween them. But, the expectation lies somewhere inbetween or at the end, similar to what happened with the Grimmjow fight where every Ichihime fan orgasmed over, and every IchiRukia fan cried foul over.
Uhh... well we can say the same about Rukia's execution, the Halberd stabbing her, the highest ranking shinigamis are there, Byaku-chin glaring and all; yet KT-san let Ichigo and Rukia have a little interaction. Now that was surprising for us fans too. Not to mention Ichigo trying to look cool.

"Yo..." I mean WTF!?! is that?! But like my theory, when people (applying to everybody!) are trying to impress someone they adore/like/love or whatever you call it, they would want to look COOL in front of this person.

Also, Hana-san was just saying that either way, the reunion scenes and parallels between them are still incomparable. We're not saying the 'OMG your pairing sux!!! NAH NAH NA NAH!!!'

That is why we'll wait.
Old 2008-07-18, 07:49   Link #5999
SUKISUKILOL

Quote:
Why don't the IchiRukia fans, realize that this is a Shonen, where theres no promise of any kind of pairing? Whichever Kubo goes for, if any, will have little to no effect. The thousands little boys that goes out to buy their shonen jumps and volume releases won't be slitting their wrists over Rukia.
Well of course there is no promise but if Kubo is smart he would at least try to please his fans a little
Old 2008-07-18, 07:57   Link #6000
HaNa-san

Quote:
Then what about rukia execution… ichigo came inbetween her and the bird to stop it and he had a good look at rukia face… if kubo wanted to make ichiori a dramatic reunion, he would make ichigo jumps inbetween orihime and ulq to stop his hand that pointed to her heart.. but nah, he just came and made some noises in the back to let ulq notices him and gives him his hot glance… and the least thing ichigo was suppose to do is to ask orihime how's she.. he just said to ulq to stay away from her, but didn't say anything to her directly.. I consider this is a cold and rude behavior from him.. so it's easy for you dismiss it as a reunion to sit your feeling, but god knows how you feel from inside..

Quote:
Its your opinion that you think whatever moments dealing with Rukia is better, be sure to state that. As in my opinion, I see it as nothing special. Hell Ichigo didn't even talk to Rukia again after he chucked her over to Renji until long after the Byakuya fight. IIRC.
Did read my post properly, I said he talked to her when he CAME to rescue her…"rukia I came to save you" "you always worry about me "your opinions are rejected" "this is the second time …" or are these not a conversation in your dictionary o_o' that's your opinion to consider their reunions aren't speacil, but I believe most of people even the non shipper ones think of it the exact opposite..

Quote:
Right now, it is a wait and see game. I know every shipper is on their toes over these upcoming chapters.
XXD lets wait and see if the last few chapters (chances) will make a big jump between ichiori one can hope can't he? XD

Quote:
And btw, its "contrast" not "contract", just a little help.
Sorry I made a spelling mistake coz I was in a hurry and didn't check it ^^' thanks anyway XD
Closed Thread