AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-30, 01:15   Link #421
HandofFate

lol, Hasabe has completely fallen for Lucy.

I liked the part with Chihaya and "Someone like me" and how its rude to the other person if you keep referring that to yourself.
Because if you feel your unworthy and pitiful, what does that make the person that likes you.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 06:13   Link #422
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
lol, Hasabe has completely fallen for Lucy.
That makes the series more interesting.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 06:59   Link #423
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

To me, the best moment of the episode was when Chihaya first kissed, then slapped Ichiyama, saying that was the only way to "express her feelings". That was hilarious (and hilariously true).
Mind you, everything involving LucyXHasebe gets my automatic love. Hasebe is getting especially cute to look at - seldom we see, not only in anime, but in fiction in general, such a tender yet relatively realistic portrait of a man being in love. Usually we get either stoic men who won't show their feelings or those soulless american romcom types. Hasebe is so true he makes you truly root for him.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:08   Link #424
hamazura
whatever

ah i just realized it by now, somehow hasebe remined my of kazehaya
Old 2013-08-30, 08:37   Link #425
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Another great romantic wise episode.
I just clapped my hands and said "YES!" at that scene.

It's just really great, Here's Hasabe, who's probably never taken anything or anyone seriously in his life but just breezed along, and here's Lucy, probably the first person Hasabe has really been serious about.

It's wonderful to watch.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 09:25   Link #426
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't think there would so much romance in this show. I figured the romance to comedy ratio would be the same as in Working!!

I'm loving it. Romance between working adults is so rare in anime.
Old 2013-08-30, 09:51   Link #427
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who really likes girls in skirts and dresses (I guess I'm like Hasebe in that way), living in a country where the predominant fashion are girls in short shorts and pants, this episode was the highlight of the series for me. If only I can 'blackmail' every girl in the country into wearing a skirt like Hasebe did with Lucy...

And now finally, we get to see how Chihaya and Ichimiya started out. It's kind of ironic that the reason why Chihaya is currently furious with Ichimiya right now is the same reason how she fell in love with him in the first place. And she's still with him all this time even though Ichimiya knows the problem but still isn't doing anything about it? Talk about complex, and maybe it's all these contradictions that has me liking ChihayaXIchimiya coupling the best out of three.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 10:59   Link #428
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Don't think it's possible to watch an episode of this anime without having a huge smile plastered on your lips all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't think there would so much romance in this show. I figured the romance to comedy ratio would be the same as in Working!!

I'm loving it. Romance between working adults is so rare in anime.
My feelings exactly. Although Lucy sometimes gets on my nerves for being way too naive. But it's still very fun and sweet to watch.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 15:56   Link #429
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great episode, over before I realized it. With Working!, I found myself gradually losing interest. With this show, my interest is rising as the show goes along.

Kiss/slap was great. Maybe there's hope for them. I never understood why they would be together until we saw the background.

Yeah, Lucy is sometimes a bit too clueless, but I see signs that she will start to get it. She's not actually stupid, just thinks of herself as plain. I'm looking forward to the date, when she will possibly even wear contacts, as a symbol of being pretty (which she clearly actually is).

Hasebe moe? Yeah, I see it. But only now that he is getting out of his comfort zone. Moe is the feeling you get when you want to hold, protect, and comfort someone. In a sense, almost everyone in this show is a bit moe. Humans are such needy creatures, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 16:36   Link #430
erhyka

I don't really think that Lucy is "slow" I thinks he just has terrible self esteem that prevents her from realizing that other people (example Hasabe) could be romantically interested in her. Dude she has like an awesome figure and she's really sincere and nice.

But in the case of not realizing Chihaya and Ichiyama are a couple, yeah she's just being really blind lol.
erhyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 18:10   Link #431
finalfury
Incognito

Hasebe is more adorable than the bunny.
Ichimiya-san reminds me of a single doting father with a kid.
Chihaya boggles my mind and seems to be dating Ichimiya-san because of his onii-chan aspects and kindness. She would get pissed if he was jealous and pissed if he wasn't. He just can't win with her.
Lucy gives me the same vibe as Ichimiya-san, just better presented and has more likeable character traits.
Old 2013-08-30, 19:14   Link #432
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Lucy is incredibly naive and totally lacking in self-confidence. But it would never occur to me to call her slow or not smart - she's clearly extremely bright. She's just built a wall of self-doubt around herself and withdrawn from social interaction to the point where her social skills are now quite stunted.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 00:01   Link #433
black_star
How should i say it?

Anyone knows who is on the picture of the card? Some say that it's Hasebe's VA.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 04:13   Link #434
Kakkou
Tch.

This punchline was gold, pure gold. "Some actor I don't know"? Lucy, he's (technically) right in front of you! XD

Between this and the Free! parody, someone in the staff seems to have a knack for VA jokes.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 12:21   Link #435
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Lucy's usually airheaded and all that, but that last scene with her and chihaya showed that hasebe's feelings finally got through.

hasebe is still the best girl the next episode better be the date episode!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 12:23   Link #436
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
This punchline was gold, pure gold. "Some actor I don't know"? Lucy, he's (technically) right in front of you! XD

Between this and the Free! parody, someone in the staff seems to have a knack for VA jokes.
so that really was Hasebe's VA, huh?

I don't think Lucy is stupid/naive, but girl does seriously have some issues....
Old 2013-08-31, 14:02   Link #437
HandofFate

I think the romance is refreshing to watch because its written by a woman aimed at a seinen genre, so you get focused on slightly different perspectives than how male writers seem to do it.
Old 2013-09-01, 04:50   Link #438
Traece
:cool:

How this show manages to so consistently extract laughter from me is a mystery. I think I've laughed more at SxS than any anime I've watched. Gold oozes from these episodes. The world economy will not survive! Extra kudos to Lucy for knowing the theme to her own anime.

It was nice to see a bit of background with Chihaya and Ichimiya. It panned out the way I expected it to, more or less, but so much more entertainingly. I was a bit surprised though, but it makes sense. She was quite plain a couple years prior, and she's changed a bit in that time. I didn't have issues with her relationship before and I have less issues now. Also, Kiss x Slap. Never before have emotions been so confused!

Edit: I now propose the Servant x Service challenge. Watch the rabbit try to get Chihaya's attention without laughing.
Old 2013-09-02, 09:52   Link #439
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Yes, the ships are currently sailing at a decent pace. I am more interested in the Hasebe x Lucy ship. Full steam ahead.

Come on now, skip to the date already.
Old 2013-09-02, 10:00   Link #440
HandofFate

Is SxS the currently running manga by the author?
So is Working! manga finished? Or are both still going on at the same time?

Tags
comedy, seinen