AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-05, 23:21   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
...@Kaoru: The Minami role isn't exactly challenging by the usual standards of the industry, but Chihara Minori has been better than usual in this series lately in that she's pulling it off, I'll admit that. Though I hope she doesn't go and make me sorry I said it. I think she still has a long path ahead of her to be considered top caliber, if that's ever going to be possible.
All true. I wasn't making any great claims for her, just saying how much I enjoyed the way she's doing this voice. I like the hint of emotion that seems to hover around Minami's unemotional voice.

There is apparently going to be a big announcement played at noon on 11 August on monitors in anime stores around Japan to do with some project of Minorin's which the advertisement says is her "biggest ever announcement."

And I agree about the strength of the first-year group. I have to give the mangaka credit -- and I suppose some to the KyoAni staff, too -- for giving us another interesting group.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-05, 23:29   Link #22
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
All true. I wasn't making any great claims for her, just saying how much I enjoyed the way she's doing this voice. I like the hint of emotion that seems to hover around Minami's unemotional voice.

There is apparently going to be a big announcement played at noon on 11 August on monitors in anime stores around Japan to do with some project of Minorin's which the advertisement says is her "biggest ever announcement."
Me too. It's good to see her improving. I knew she could do it if she just got some experience and put in the effort a little. The announcement could have something to do with a show called Dragonaut -The Resonance- coming out in October or thereabouts, which is supposed to feature the entire Haruhi cast according to the series hompage. I'm not sure I'm liking her on the trailer there, though and it looks like a potential miscasting on Gonzo's part. That's a different story though.

Anyway this episode makes me feel like playing some SRW W now. I guess I'll bring it over to where I'm going.
Old 2007-08-06, 00:49   Link #23
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Jaja Remember that old talk about Yutaka and Minami being a couple?
Now even the series makes fun of it!!!

I have the idea that Kyoani makes a original story for the anime and then fill the gaps with scenes from the manga. If not how come Vol 1 of the manga is made of episodes 1, 2, 5, 7, 13 and 15 of the anime??

How they call the game of getting hit by the ball in Japan?
I remember once I got hit in *there*
Old 2007-08-06, 04:08   Link #24
Fat Cat Lim

I think the first years Yutaka, Minami, Hiyori, and Patty nicely parallels Konata and the others. So even when Konata, Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki leave school, there will be another close group of friends that will carry on the Lucky Star spirit.
Old 2007-08-06, 07:16   Link #25
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Concerning the SRW "duel" between Nanako-sensei and Kona-chan. Kona-chan was complaining about some election coverage getting in the way of her regular anime broadcasts, to which Nanako-sensei replies: "These sort of news are a good way to learn about problems associated with old geezers!"

The said election may be referring to the Japanese Senate election last Sunday, in which the ruling LDP party got hammered badly by the opposition DPJ party. Though this doesn't topple the LDP's control of the government (through the more powerful Lower House), they will find that it won't be so easy anymore to just force some of the more contentious legislation by using a majority which they have long taken for granted.

Quote:
Won't be surprised if it's something to do with the second Haruhi series.
Old 2007-08-06, 07:22   Link #26
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you always cast Hirameki before attacking a boss unit or end your turn.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:20   Link #27
Kritios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Concerning the SRW "duel" between Nanako-sensei and Kona-chan. Kona-chan was complaining about some election coverage getting in the way of her regular anime broadcasts, to which Nanako-sensei replies: "These sort of news are a good way to learn about problems associated with old geezers!"
That's funny, but I'm pretty sure she says 時事問題, or current affairs.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:22   Link #28
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritios View Post
That's funny, but I'm pretty sure she says 時事問題, or current affairs.
Yeah whatever, it may or may not be coincidental.
Old 2007-08-06, 10:52   Link #29
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Some quick comments after watching a RAW. While I am thrilled that they referenced FMP!-TSR, Nanoka emulating Gates is the stuff of nightmares. One of the most riveting and highly depraved villains in fiction.

Hiyori's various facial acrobatics was a hoot to watch. Will be attempting to play around with one particular scene and make it into an avatar if possible.

Cheers.
Old 2007-08-06, 11:01   Link #30
shaoron
AQS representative

Spoiler for THE HORRROR!!! THE HORRRORR!!!!:
Old 2007-08-06, 11:47   Link #31
aorta

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...lucky-star-18/

Screenshots from Random Curiosity

comments are funny
Old 2007-08-06, 13:30   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
...[Chihara Minori announcement]...Won't be surprised if it's something to do with the second Haruhi series.
There is a rumor that she will sing the OP of the new series. I'm also wondering if it could be (a) an album, or (b) a live show of her own. She just got back from a day at Tokushima for a mini-live with talk and handshake session that apparently will be shown on local TV there. Here are a couple of pics of her at Tokushima (on the east coast of Shikoku):

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:09   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The Yutaka/Minami scenes were quite enjoyable. Especially the dodgeball. I loved how just as Hiyori says Minami looks like she won't go easy, Minami thinks of all the places where she shouldn't hit Yutaka.

And speaking of Hiyori, every time she thought "I shouldn't think of my friends like that", I wanted to shout "You should! Don't hold back! It is your destiny!".

Lucky Channel was meh. Not enough Akira. Shiraishi stole the show, and didn't know what to do with it.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:38   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
There is a rumor that she will sing the OP of the new series. I'm also wondering if it could be (a) an album, or (b) a live show of her own. She just got back from a day at Tokushima for a mini-live with talk and handshake session that apparently will be shown on local TV there. Here are a couple of pics of her at Tokushima (on the east coast of Shikoku):

That would be an extremely dangerous path to take having Chihara Minori do the opening, unless she were joined by the whole crew. That's generally how it goes with these shows. It's not that I don't think she could pull off a 2nd Haruhi Season opening, but if Aya Hirano isn't in there singing there's going to be a 2ch riot.

Until proven otherwise, shouldn't we assume it'll be an ensemble opening theme....with er.....DANCING! I would be very surprised if it were anything but that.

About that election and old geezer's, apparently Abe felt the LDP was out of touch with Otaku voters and tried to use a Gundam/Mecha Otaku themed campaign to get the youth out to vote. Methinks he showed how out of touch he was as he went U.C Gundam instead of C.E. Anyway maybe the joke is referring to Abe's ploy and ignorance with the SRW representing the mecha campaign. I'll find out when I see it subbed I guess.
Old 2007-08-06, 18:01   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Until proven otherwise, shouldn't we assume it'll be an ensemble opening theme....with er.....DANCING! I would be very surprised if it were anything but that....
Lol. So would I.

I just saw the quick Guerrand sub of ep18 and want to say how impressed I was. I thought it was excellent.
Old 2007-08-06, 18:10   Link #36
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
That would be an extremely dangerous path to take having Chihara Minori do the opening, unless she were joined by the whole crew. That's generally how it goes with these shows. It's not that I don't think she could pull off a 2nd Haruhi Season opening, but if Aya Hirano isn't in there singing there's going to be a 2ch riot.
I'm all for a 2 chan riot because I think that Chihara can pull it off because she is a pro! Besides, Aya got her break with season 1, so why not Chihara add to her repertoire with season 2?

Old 2007-08-06, 18:14   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Patty + Otome Road = wonderful!
Old 2007-08-06, 18:47   Link #38
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Tokushima Ramen.. MAIU!!!
Old 2007-08-06, 19:27   Link #39
archanfels

Uber cute episode, wonderful in many ways, all I wish is a little more Kona/Kagamin interactions, those are the best after all.

Man, I hope there's a LS 2nd season, just thinking there're only 6 more eps makes me a sand panda =(
Old 2007-08-06, 19:52   Link #40
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Not-So-Deep Thoughts on EP18

Hidden for now...

Spoiler for Spoilers galore!:
Closed Thread