AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-15, 01:46   Link #41
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Not childish but really funny.
School Days
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Elfen Lied

Old 2008-05-15, 09:54   Link #42
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Personally I found Dokuro to be a bit childish. The premise behind the series is sort of weak (imo) and even though the series is short I felt some of the comedy got old quick and was over the top. That doesn't mean I would suggest/let a child watch it though since it does have some (ok a lot of, though not as much as Elfen Lied) blood, sexual tones, and some crude/adult humor.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-05-15, 10:45   Link #43
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

it is a bit over the top but not at all childish, if it was childish why would it have the content it does..

Old 2008-05-15, 21:15   Link #44
bruno321
Whirling Knife

Send a message via MSN to bruno321
I don't know if it has been listed, but definitely Hataraki Man fits the bill.
Old 2008-05-15, 22:01   Link #45
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
it is a bit over the top but not at all childish, if it was childish why would it have the content it does..
The presentation of an anime story is (imo) just as important as the story when you're talking about a certain type of anime. I mean imagine an action series where the story leads you to epic battles and then it ends with like one sword swing? Not exactly an action anime there...

The same can be said (again imo) about Dokuro-chan. The story certainly does have some more mature things in it (which I even said) but because of how over the top it can get I just personally don't view the series as terribly mature.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-05-16, 22:04   Link #46
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Look for a Josei I hear those are pretty mature, I can nly think of mangas though for that
Old 2008-05-19, 03:38   Link #47
BASS in SPACE

You may wanna check out gungrave, which tells the story of a sweeper in the mafia. Granted, the first episode is just monster shooting basically and "childish", but the story kicks in after that, with the next 14 episodes or so all set in the past to tell the main character's back story. Regarding fate/stay night (since it was brought up earlier), it is a little on the childish side like someone else already said, but it has a rather complicated character in saber, and i consider more of the focus of the show to be on her rather than shiro, but that's just my opinion. Archer also lends some realism to FSN too, if you know his back story.

Spoiler for archer's identity:

I guess that's void though, since the spoiler above is only hinted at (although quite strongly) in the anime, while it is clearly stated in the FSN game, which the anime is based on.

Another anime you may want to have a look at is the ARIA series. You COULD consider this childish, but i can't think of any kid who would watch this without getting bored out of their minds, as it is a slice of life anime (a fantastic one) with a very serene and relaxed pace.

Last edited by BASS in SPACE; 2008-05-19 at 04:18.
Old 2008-05-19, 03:54   Link #48
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
The same reason Kanokon, Rosario + Vampire, and To Love-ru have the content they do.

Anyway, Elfen Lied has more gore (realistically speaking), more ecchi, and an actual plot to be discerned, and it's still only arguably mature, so BokuDoku-chan is clearly childish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS in SPACE View Post
Spoiler for archer's identity:
It's actually not really hinted at much in the anime. Most people go through without ever knowing, which is why many people think that way about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS in SPACE View Post
Another anime you may want to have a look at is the ARIA series. You COULD consider this childish, but i can't think of any kid who would watch this without getting bored out of their minds, as it is a slice of life anime (a fantastic one) with a very serene and relaxed pace.
Kind of like Maria-sama ga Miteru. It's not childish, but I wouldn't group it with other stuff here.
Closed Thread

Tags
adult_characters, mature