AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 09:32   Link #42301
Eratas123

Oh, and can someone tell WHY it always come down to these two things: Girls sandal strap breaks and the guy is forced piggyback her - Can't they fix it? And then, it ends with them doing fireworks near a beach or an abandoned area.
Old 2013-04-29, 09:41   Link #42302
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Generally one can fix it. But the strap generally snaps too small or the bottom leg of the sandal snaps and requires superglue to fix instantly. Fireworks usually end the festival and everyone wants to see it no matter what. It is the highlight after all. The beach or a hill have the best view.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 09:47   Link #42303
Eratas123

Yeah, but I meant doing your own mini fireworks:/ Wouldn't watching fireworks make more sense compared to looking at glowing sticks?

Also, again, which girls would wear th traditional garb? Chifuyu's out, as is (possibly) Tabane.
Old 2013-04-29, 09:49   Link #42304
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

They do have some of those stalls at a shrine festival, (Not the 'Dunk A Shrine Maiden' one), but the others as well. It's mostly vendors and such too. I remember them from watching Black Lagoon and Revy was cussing up a storm when she went to a festival.

She was sadfase that there was no ferris wheel though (hmm, what was she thinking). XD

There could be a rival school or something going there to start a ruckus ... rarely happens but not impossible.

As for traditional garb...Chifuyu DID wear that yukata when they were at the seaside resort, so she could put one on for much later in the evening when she's done all her work or whatever excuse she comes up with. Same with Tabane, they don't want to walk around in it all night, but I can see them putting it on to enjoy the festival a little bit.

Of course all the girls would try to impress Ichika with wearing a kimono. Not so impressive to see Cecila trying to walk in it, or the others that are not used to Japanese formal wear for that matter. XD But they shall troop it out, and thus ALL of their straps will break. XD
Old 2013-04-29, 09:55   Link #42305
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Large fireworks tend to be expensive and hard to set-up. Also I believe it is law that certain large scale fireworks like firing "rockets" in the air requires proper licensing. Not to mention clean-up.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:00   Link #42306
Eratas123

@ Tempest - What the hell is Shrine Maiden dunking? Sounds like you're planning to drown someone rather than play a game.

And if all their straps break, who gets carried? Ichika can probably support two at maximum.

@ Demi - Really? But aren't festivals rare enough that its alright?

Oh, and someone PM'd me this, and I actually got weirded out: Do I plan to pair any of the kids together? This confuses me because, even if they come from alternate futures, shouldn't they all be half-related? Why would someone ask that?
Old 2013-04-29, 10:11   Link #42307
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Usually proefessionals are hired or the local fireworks artisans(yes, those are real) do really big grand fireworks. They are licensed if I remember correctly. If not then you're stuck with glowsticks and prolly a few rocket propelled sparklers.

About the kids, just follow what you want. Wether you're concerned if he's a sicko or just an odd fellow or oddly serious fellow don't mind it too much unless you're breaking point. I've learned that in this line of hobby, you meet all sorts of interesting people. Awesome, epic and some freaks but everyone has their goodpoints. In most cases.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:25   Link #42308
Eratas123

The biggest problem is the fact that I took some steps to avoid it: I specifically made them all kids to emphasize that, while Ichika gets paired with everyone, the future generation segments focus more on relations and being platonic. I could've made them teenagers like other fics did, but really, how could a bunch of teenagers care or have maternal/paternal instincts against other teenagers? It would be kinda hard since they're in the same age range.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:32   Link #42309
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A) Seat the maiden in the dunking booth.
B) Charge money to have people throw 1 ball at the target to dunk her in the vat of water
C) Watch the fun

My thought was watching Laura cheat by using her AIC to keep the ball from hitting the target and getting dunked.

But we might get perverts with cameras trying to take a picture of a wet miko so...

And if all the straps break but he can only carry two...harem hijinks are sure to follow. Hell, Laura might even volunteer at first until she realizes that two girls will be carried by Ichika...
Old 2013-04-29, 10:34   Link #42310
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not everyone's as sane on the up and up as you erachi. We all have our own loop de loops in straight lines of thought. You could say even I have similar issues to what you're complaining about. Fate kaleido prisma illya liner can do that.

Hmmm... Too long?
Old 2013-04-29, 10:37   Link #42311
Eratas123

@ Tempest - Wait, ANYONE can dress up as miko's and just volunteer to be dunked? What do they get out of it?

I don't think ALL of them would break.....right? Chifuyu, Maya, Houki, Tatenashi, Kanzashi and Rin have lived in Japan for a while so they should know how to walk properly. Honne and Tabane are native Japanese, but their clumsiness would override any experience they have.

Also, do guys have a traditional garb for festivals as well? And if so, would Ichika wear one? Because if he does then I doubt he can carry two with the restrictive garment.

@ Demi - The biggest problem I tend to have is that people assume "Hate and Hostility" to mean "Tsundere". In the upcoming chapter, one kid tries to kill another one quite graphically and its only because she's got nano's that she can "no sell" it. And yet, I'll be expecting people to comment that the relationship is tsundere and that they'll get along.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:05   Link #42312
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Bizarro glasses eras. Play arland series of atelier games or watcha couple youtube event videos. You will see them. Maybe. That or you never thought of putting them on because they make people look stupid. Case in point, atelier rorona has sterk worrying over rorona because she seems like a helpoless child pitted against impossible tasks. He's 26 and up, Rorona is 17 at best. Sterk used to go out with Rorona's mentor who is 29. Every character ppoints out his acts of chivalry as something of a way to woo rorona. Not that I don't think they fit well since they do but yeah, too old. But japan has a thing that makes that seem okay. Then there's that one picture art of totori the sequel where Sterk is prolly early 30's, Rorona is early 20's and totori is maybe 16 and rorona's student. And it was shown as something resembling a love triangle. It was... Awkward.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:08   Link #42313
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It could be used as a money-maker. 'For the Children's sake' is usually a way to get a softie to 'volunteer' to be dunked. Usually only a select few will be dunked. If this was at a school festival, the Student Council would have the students vote on their top 3-5 teachers to be dunked and they'd be chosen like that. The girls can be 'tricked' into volunteering for it - it's not that hard.

Wait, you've never seen how one of the dunking booths work? ...thought everyone did...

For traditional wear, girls wear kimono unless they are taking part in a performance/ritual for the shrine. Guys could wear the yukuta, but only really traditional guys (or those forced by their big sisters) would wear them.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:17   Link #42314
Eratas123

@ Demino - I'm more concerned about the fact that a 29 year old has has a 17 year old daughter That would mean she had sex when she was TWELVE.

@ Tempest - I know how they work - But don't they usually hire people whose job is to get dunked? I know they heckle the people too What you suggest sounds like they're SPECIFICALLY hiring teenage/adult girls and dressing them up as Miko's before putting them up. Seems like a boatload of trouble.

Forced by big sisters, eh? *Looks at Chifuyu*.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:25   Link #42315
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Otome at around 22 has a daughter at least 8. The girl is adopted from Otome's older sister who died along with her husband in an accident. She says she doesn't mind people mistaking her for having a kid at 14, but I don't think making that assumption is fair considering the real circumstances.

Ofcourse I know what you mean and I don't mean to be preachy, but yeah. Despite it being a game, I kind of felt guilty when a part of me made that assumption. More so when the truth comes out and it's worse that she adopted her niece instead of a random unfortunate kid.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:29   Link #42316
Eratas123

Well, despite the kids being from 7-12, all the future parents are either mid to late 20's or early to mid 30's (in the case of Chifuyu, Maya, and Tabane). So, Ichika was busy at a young age

Anyway, I'm mostly wondering what events could be considered group chapters: I already know about Hot Springs (Ichika gets groped), Shrine Festival, School Festival, Christmas, Valentines, etc etc.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:33   Link #42317
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ichika's case can be creepier when you say they were born from test tubes. All of them. I'd say late 20's is still young. But considering the fandom we write for then you might have the better idea.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:37   Link #42318
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It definitely would be trouble, but the girls that would have been 'chosen' would be Charl, Laura, Rin, and Cecilia. By tricking them, Houki (or hell even Tabane) could have performed a 'ceremony' in which she 'chose' them using some elaborate nonsense, tell them to wear the robes of a 'pure maiden' and then have blindfolded, lead into the chamber and then the blindfold is removed...XD That's what was in my head when I envisioned it - a setup for a prank. A mean one, but just a prank. At least their kimono wouldn't have been ruined.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:45   Link #42319
Eratas123

Tempest - Uh, I can see Houki, but Tabane dressing as a shrine maiden? Sure it seems in her personality to trick people, but could she do it given how estranged she is from her family?

@ Demi - Only one of them was from a test tube - and Ichika was 19 when he was carting around a child-sized Kazuma. All the others were naturally made.

Question for both of you: Ichika invites all male kids, including Houki's kid, to take a bath together in the school's giant tub. Houki's kid refuses, Ichika insists and drags him in. Houki's kid acts skittish and refuses to stand up or reveal his lower body. Ichika is bugged and asks why.....whereupon he finds that said "Male" is missing a crucial organ that one needs to be male and has something else. Reason given for "deception" being "You never asked".

The question being: Would Houki kill Ichika if she found out he accidentally harassed his own kid? Not his fault given said kid is only 8 and dresses like a boy, but this is Houki we're talking about, so....
Old 2013-04-29, 11:51   Link #42320
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ichika is flustered, kid is just afraid of getting into trouble as exposure to Houki, Houki goes ape and screams at him why he's harassing their daughter. Everyone stops dead at her slip of words. Ensue awkward excuses and leaving as they process the admission of acceptance.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest