AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2016-07-22, 10:29   Link #101
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You mean antichrist?

Anyway, I only argue that Junko is dead. Seeing how Junko is, being dead doesn't exactly stop her from causing all sorts of shenanigans, so her being involved in what's going in in future arc is not only possible, but highly likely.

Doesn't make her any less dead though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 10:52   Link #102
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
The darkest possibility is that Junko isn't behind this, one of the Despairs is. And since most of those are either dead, comatose, or recovering on Jabberwocky Island that leaves only one, very depressing possibility: Chiaki. We're assuming she's dead but for all we know the Despair Arc might be about her losing her shit entirely, while her AI was just a backup of her former personality. After all, well, she seems to enjoy *playing games with everyone*...
Unless I'm mistaken, Chiaki being made class president also makes her part of the student council? Unless that role is taken from her, we know who survives the first killing game. She should die at the hands of Izuru at that time, directly or indirectly, right? My impression has been from the start of DR3 that Chiaki was going to die specifically because of her relationship with Hajime, who might as well be Ultimate Lucky Student himself since he gets to go on arcade dates with Chiaki after one random encounter with her.

Of course, it's technically possible that Chiaki is still alive somewhere, but with everything we know now and especially with her being made class president, I don't really see that happening right now. There's also the possibility that Chiaki's death/disappearance is related to Hajime being turned into Izuru, because she's a smart girl and I'm sure she'll put two and two together there.

Either way, I'm sure she has a big part to play in the coming episodes due to her relationship with Hajime. It can't be an accident that they were as close as they were in SDR2 and now in Zetsubou-hen.
Old 2016-07-22, 11:04   Link #103
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Huh no. Junko confirmed she manipulated Izuru when Kyouko and Togami reviewed their information regarding Kamukura Izuru.
Hell, when Junko explains how Hajime was turned into Izuru with the brain surgery, she explicitely stated it was thanks to her he became despair.

Of course, it might be in an indirect fashion, but it is nearly impossible for Junko not being involved in there.
What I mean is she wouldn't be directly involved. She would still be the prime cause, but this would be Chiaki, as one of her followers, exacting revenge on her account.

And I know she's supposed to die at the hands of Izuru, but at this point that seems way too obvious, right? Also, what would be the point of having the two arcs air in parallel if Despair didn't reveal information that's crucial to Future? That's why I suspect things might go in a less predictable fashion and we might have been misdirected.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 11:05   Link #104
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm guessing the plot of dr0 will overlap with this?
Old 2016-07-22, 11:23   Link #105
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You mean antichrist?

Anyway, I only argue that Junko is dead. Seeing how Junko is, being dead doesn't exactly stop her from causing all sorts of shenanigans, so her being involved in what's going in in future arc is not only possible, but highly likely.

Doesn't make her any less dead though.
I guess antichrist would be a good term.

My point in my post being that the notion or idea of Junko is in itself already tied to the essence of despair. Junko = Despair. The mere mention of her name drags out the despair in people. She is quite literally the face of despair, or perhaps to say, she has ascended to become despair itself which was ultimately her goal in the end, whether she lived or died.

And in that end she succeeded despite Makoto's and co's attempt to escape by defeating her: the mere fact that she is the first idea that comes to mind whenever despair is discussed as shown that she had successfully ascended to a degree antichrist-like godhood for those following the path of despair.

To paraphrase Oppenheimer: Junko has become Despair, destroyer of worlds.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 12:53   Link #106
com_gwp

So, maybe you've seen this image already, maybe you haven't.

Spoiler for This will genuinely spoil something upcoming, so click at your own risk:
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 20:46   Link #107
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post

Spoiler for This will genuinely spoil something upcoming, so click at your own risk:
Spoiler:

Last edited by SweetRain; 2016-07-24 at 16:07. Reason: I thought I put it under a spoiler tag... I just realized I didn't sorry.
SweetRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 23:44   Link #108
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

Don't see how this would spoil something despite oh... Seriously they are going to pull THAT clichee?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 12:50   Link #109
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Don't see how this would spoil something despite oh... Seriously they are going to pull THAT clichee?
It's danganronpa. Logic and physics need not applied.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 14:10   Link #110
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
It's danganronpa. Logic and physics need not applied.
Its nothing about physics its something else.
If it is what I saw there then It has already happened before too though... However I'm not sure com_gwp and I are referring to the same thing.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-07-23, 14:17   Link #111
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Before I carefully examine that image and accidentally spoil myself, exactly where does this image originate from?
Old 2016-07-24, 09:28   Link #112
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Before I carefully examine that image and accidentally spoil myself, exactly where does this image originate from?
I can't give you a source since I got this off 4chan, but rest assured that this is very much a legitimate promo image, which was on display at a train station in Japan.

Spoiler for Another of the same spoiler image:
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 15:31   Link #113
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I can't give you a source since I got this off 4chan, but rest assured that this is very much a legitimate promo image, which was on display at a train station in Japan.

That could simply be all characters alive at the time of future though - and No I was referring to something else...

Edit: Just saw something else that could very well relate to the thing I saw there...

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-07-24 at 16:06.
Old 2016-07-24, 16:07   Link #114
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:

It completely slipped my mind <__<!!, I was sure I had put it under a spoiler but it seems I just went full derp there.
SweetRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 04:48   Link #115
tuckersister

I'm still sticking to culprit wants revenge on the Future Foundation members, specifically the Hope Peak graduates. They are partially responsible for causing the "incident" to happen.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 11:19   Link #116
Golden_Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I'm still sticking to culprit wants revenge on the Future Foundation members, specifically the Hope Peak graduates. They are partially responsible for causing the "incident" to happen.
I wonder how many people here played the games cause I feel like something deeper is going on.

Spoiler for spoiler:

I wonder if someone could have anticipated it and Naegi ended up being used to create this scenario. Cause it seems to require major preparation and planning to get this incident on the road.
And it all seems to fall too much in place how from scenario to scenario it ends up in killing game after killing game.

As for myself:
It's DR. The traitor might not be what it seems (Sakura and Chiaki).
I for one wonder if there really is a traitor or if it was a lie to get the FF to loose their shit and suspect each other when the true culprit might not even be among them and is hiding somewhere laughing at them.

It seems highly likely it's someone not among them and they are travelling through the ceiling, which is how Gozu was killed in a closed room or the POV over Makoto and Munakata.

Revenge? That only works for Monaca, and she's a lunatic, but not the killer.
Golden_Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 14:59   Link #117
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not like Monokuma to lie about the game.
Old 2016-07-26, 17:41   Link #118
Brother Coa
Banned

Then again this is not the same Monokuma, different user this time.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 14:12   Link #119
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

First of all, you don't know that, I argued she was dead, but I also argued that she might still be involved. Second... I don't think a devout follower of the Ultimate Despair would go against her M.O.
Old 2016-07-28, 02:17   Link #120
Brother Coa
Banned

First of all if certain story elements are to be true she is pretty much dead, unless DR universe includes souls now.

Second of all she already broke the rules of the games in DR1, or should I say twisted them so that she could get the death that she wants. Never mind adding additional rules after she or someone else found hold in her game.

She is anything but player by the rules. Even her death was simply to follow her own despair pleasure instead of actually following them.

Third of all, as I said above, this Monocuma could be someone else. Totally different person from Junko. Nothing bounds him/her to follow the rules of the game.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote