AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-08-09, 07:11   Link #1401
Nickymanga

Does anyone have their own scans of the light novel series? If you do could you share them with because I would really love to see whats going on! I don't if it's not translated.

I like the anime series, though I admit I didn't find season 2 that great.

It seems to me that yuji in the novels is different from the anime version and in the manga yuji and shana seem to have chemistry straight off the bat!

Yoshida Kazumi looks alot cuter in the manga but any version of her pisses me off!
Nickymanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 03:29   Link #1402
omegaknighx

Request

Can someone send me translated versions of the SnS light novels? Much thanks to people who are willing to share. my email is flameknighx@gmail.com
omegaknighx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:14   Link #1403
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

for the time being I already bookmarked this page

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...kugan_no_Shana
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 20:07   Link #1404
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Is the novel already ended or still continue ?
Old 2008-08-10, 20:15   Link #1405
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
for the time being I already bookmarked this page

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...kugan_no_Shana
Thank you, I had no idea a page had already been made.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 20:25   Link #1406
Nickymanga

Thank you for sharing but the page link didn't work for me!
Old 2008-08-10, 22:05   Link #1407
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

try again? works fine for me
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 06:20   Link #1408
Nickymanga

I tried it again and it worked but then I wasn't allowed to volume 3 chapter 1 because I do not have an account
Old 2008-08-11, 19:30   Link #1409
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymanga View Post
I tried it again and it worked but then I wasn't allowed to volume 3 chapter 1 because I do not have an account

Because its not finished, it is work in progress. So keep you patient, B-T is not VIZ, so we might see more of it coming soon.

Any way, for some one who was asking. I might be mistaking, but what I have read on this forum and understood from anime.

Merihim (that skeleton who trained Shana in ep 14-16) he fell for previous contractor of Alastor Flame of Heaven, dunno you see some of her in episode 14-16 I think. That where at the time of Waver of Cofeen, who tried to resurrect a person HE loved by using Devourer of City thingy (Watch the movie or read the first book) so they had to stop it and the only way for them to do so was TempaJousay (Dont remember how it is spells right)
But Merihim was on the same side with Waver guy and got his ass handled to him, but she didnt kill him, she told him that because he loves her, he need to be the one who will train next Flame Haze of Alastor (Also the reason why she didnt killed him might have been because Wilhelmina loved him, dunno me)
So later that Merihim dude grabs Shana from somewhere so he and Wilhelmina can train her and she later can kill him.

I might be totally wrong somewhere her, but then any one els can correct me, please.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 14:14   Link #1410
Nickymanga

I dont know what your on about but I really wish I did!
Old 2008-08-13, 16:27   Link #1411
FatalMemory

They really need to make an OVA of novel 10, and the great war.
It'll never happen, but still would be nice to see things explained in animated glory.
Old 2008-08-23, 03:58   Link #1412
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Hey guys,

ShadowZeroHeart is working on translating Shakugan no Shana light novels at baka-tsuki and he is looking for people who can help him translate and edit chapters that allready been translated.

In general help is needed. So if any one can give a hand on this project, you are free to visit the forums at http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/vie...4434b5c89f2b56

or simply contact ShadowZeroHeart -> http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...hadowZeroHeart

Thanks to every one who can contribute.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 22:33   Link #1413
Veronin
Fun things are (not) fun.

I would really like to read the novels but I don't understand moonspeak. I suppose I'll just wait for the translation over at baka-tsuki in the above post.
Veronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 15:41   Link #1414
typhonsentra

It's always sad to realize how small the pool of qualified translators is. You guys are like.... the heroes of the Internet.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 07:53   Link #1415
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
We (B-T) might also end up translating Shana novels first two volumes, as though there are VIZ translation of it as you know VIZ censored quite a few things out, and cesnorship is never a good thing.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:01   Link #1416
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
We (B-T) might also end up translating Shana novels first two volumes, as though there are VIZ translation of it as you know VIZ censored quite a few things out, and cesnorship is never a good thing.
WHAT!? WHAT DID THOSE [insert expletive here] CENSOR!? I hate censoring! Please, someone just tell me because I was thinking of buying the novels so I can actually have a book in my hand instead of reading on the computer. Is it worth it?

Quote:
It seems to me that yuji in the novels is different from the anime version and in the manga yuji and shana seem to have chemistry straight off the bat!
Yesh, I like that. Manga!Yuuji is definitely superior to anime! Yuuji. In more ways than one!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2008-09-08 at 10:17.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:41   Link #1417
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

If anyone knows of things like other forums, etc, where Japanese translators, or those with Japanese ability lurk, it might be helpful to pop a question and ask if anyone wants to help with this. Shadows struggling through it now, and while they are the heroes of the internet, these heroes have alot of stuff to take care of as well, and it gets a bit frustrating for him ^_^. Having someone(s) to help share the burden with would be a great help. Any ideas?
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:45   Link #1418
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Chiibi, why you are so surprised? Of course the censor and cut novel illustrations out (two novel images are cut due to being too sugestive/ecchi) but it is very understandable. They need to expand their readers circle in order to sell better so they take out/censor the suggestive scene so that the age limit would be broader. They are not the first company that does it, nor are they the last...

seaghyn16, I would not mind translating but as you know Zero No Tsukaima is on my priority translation list...Maybe later...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 01:02   Link #1419
sezen_atacan

Um.... I went through all 70 pages of this thread and still don't know some things here... I need to clear a few things... like plotholes

some questions here..

Spoiler for history before shana:
sezen_atacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 09:12   Link #1420
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Chiibi, why you are so surprised? Of course the censor and cut novel illustrations out (two novel images are cut due to being too sugestive/ecchi) but it is very understandable. They need to expand their readers circle in order to sell better so they take out/censor the suggestive scene so that the age limit would be broader. They are not the first company that does it, nor are they the last...
Tokyopop doest do it, Del-rey doesn't do it, Broccoli Books doesn't do it and CMX doesn't do it!! Age limit!? The book says "rated older teen" on the back! So WTF!?

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen