AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-06-05, 06:17   Link #3881
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesengirz View Post
Alright I'm reading anti mystery vs anti fantasy and they are talking about higurashi no naku koro ni, I watched the anime, but i heard there is a visual novel aswell, is it still on goin like Umineko and it's also being translataded? what are the order of the games to play and where can i find the patch?

Thanks in advance
god Higurashi is finished, Minagoroshi (7/8 game) translation just came out
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 06:54   Link #3882
winter 923

Some of the "extern" TIPs are nice to read and explain a little bit about characters or even reveal something like the Tanabata explains something about chibi-Ange.

I still didn't read the Note from a Cook but about Ghonda:
Spoiler for Ghonda EP 1-5:

Another more or less useless tip is Stake's Valentine Day. Well they don't get much stagelight (besides Mammon) so i guess even that little fanservice is nice. Nonetheless i like the idea of extern Tips and its not like every Tip in Higurashi was essential to the Story.

About Higurashi there is EP 1 fantranslated and EP 1-7 is translated by Mangagamer (google) EP 8 will come out in some months. Higurashi does have the same construction like Umineko. "2 Games" with 4 Episodes and in Japan its completed ofc.

And last but not least thanks for the Witch-Hunter's Interview Tape, i do see some usefull information in there.
winter 923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 14:26   Link #3883
Franzen
The Golden Truth

Here's the final run of errors/oddities found during my second go through episode 2.

Spoiler for Episode 2 Errors:

After a break, I'll move onto episode 3.

The more I play the higher my anticipation for episode 6 goes
Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 19:48   Link #3884
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter 923 View Post
Some of the "extern" TIPs are nice to read and explain a little bit about characters or even reveal something like the Tanabata explains something about chibi-Ange.

I still didn't read the Note from a Cook but about Ghonda:
Spoiler for Ghonda EP 1-5:

Another more or less useless tip is Stake's Valentine Day. Well they don't get much stagelight (besides Mammon) so i guess even that little fanservice is nice. Nonetheless i like the idea of extern Tips and its not like every Tip in Higurashi was essential to the Story.

About Higurashi there is EP 1 fantranslated and EP 1-7 is translated by Mangagamer (google) EP 8 will come out in some months. Higurashi does have the same construction like Umineko. "2 Games" with 4 Episodes and in Japan its completed ofc.

And last but not least thanks for the Witch-Hunter's Interview Tape, i do see some usefull information in there.
iirc the rei arc of higurashi also has been translated. Higurashi is still on going both in manga and vn format, but the new arcs are not core ot the story anymore but more like extras (and vn wise we have to assume that a new higurashi game will be released for a new console as the latest game was released last year for the nds).
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 21:38   Link #3885
winter 923

ya my bad. I see them more as Spin-offs and i dont think i will ever hold an english console VN in my hands. It seems that virtual copies are the way to go. Didn't find anything about Rei.
winter 923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 22:17   Link #3886
lesengirz
Detective

Now i'm lose

So what would be the order of playing those higurashi games?
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 23:59   Link #3887
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

The "protect from King Herod" one isn't an error. It's a folk story about the infant Jesus being protected when Joseph and Mary hid him in a cave by a spider weaving a web over the cave entrance. The soldiers of Herod discovered the cave, but since there was a web across the entrance they assumed no one was inside (as anyone going in would have had to destroy the web).

Kind of like a closed room, eh?

Grammatically, Beatrice is saying a spider "did protect [Jesus] from King Herod." It's okay to have the implied subject.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 01:08   Link #3888
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesengirz View Post
Now i'm lose

So what would be the order of playing those higurashi games?
Proper order of the Higurashi games is:

Series 1 - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)

1 - Onikakushi-hen (Spirited Away By The Demon Chapter)
2 - Watanagashi-hen (Cotton Drifting Chapter)
3 - Tatarigoroshi-hen (Curse Killing Chapter)
4 - Himatsubushi-hen (Time Killing Chapter)

Series 2 - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (When They Cry 2)

5 - Meakashi-hen (Eye Opening Chapter)
6 - Tsumihoroboshi-hen (Atonement Chapter)
7 - Minagoroshi-hen (Massacre Chapter)
8 - Matsuribayashi-hen (Festival Accompanying Chapter)

And as stated before, MangaGamer has only released the first 7 games in English so far. So you'll need to wait a little longer for the last one.

Also the first 4 are all in the same purchase, so you don't need to buy them all seperately.

Finally, this is an Umineko topic, so any more Higurashi questions you have should be posted on the proper Higurashi forum.
Old 2010-06-06, 02:14   Link #3889
Franzen
The Golden Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The "protect from King Herod" one isn't an error. It's a folk story about the infant Jesus being protected when Joseph and Mary hid him in a cave by a spider weaving a web over the cave entrance. The soldiers of Herod discovered the cave, but since there was a web across the entrance they assumed no one was inside (as anyone going in would have had to destroy the web).

Kind of like a closed room, eh?

Grammatically, Beatrice is saying a spider "did protect [Jesus] from King Herod." It's okay to have the implied subject.
That doesn't stop it from being a grammatical error.

A hunter wouldn't say, "My brother was attacked the other day. The gun he had did protect from cougar."
Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:51   Link #3890
lesengirz
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Proper order of the Higurashi games is:

Series 1 - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)

1 - Onikakushi-hen (Spirited Away By The Demon Chapter)
2 - Watanagashi-hen (Cotton Drifting Chapter)
3 - Tatarigoroshi-hen (Curse Killing Chapter)
4 - Himatsubushi-hen (Time Killing Chapter)

Series 2 - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (When They Cry 2)

5 - Meakashi-hen (Eye Opening Chapter)
6 - Tsumihoroboshi-hen (Atonement Chapter)
7 - Minagoroshi-hen (Massacre Chapter)
8 - Matsuribayashi-hen (Festival Accompanying Chapter)

And as stated before, MangaGamer has only released the first 7 games in English so far. So you'll need to wait a little longer for the last one.

Also the first 4 are all in the same purchase, so you don't need to buy them all seperately.

Finally, this is an Umineko topic, so any more Higurashi questions you have should be posted on the proper Higurashi forum.

Thank you very Much I'll try to look into them as much as possible, and to get back on track I am reading the tips and yes, The gohda one was pretty good, also the valentine special it's a great service,

I'm starting the interview, And i hope they entretain me more.
Old 2010-06-06, 03:01   Link #3891
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Well, it's actually half-write and half-wrong. In Japanese, pronouns tend to be dropped. Japanese overall is a prodrop language. However, English isn't as flexible when it comes to dropping, null-subjects, and inferences.

For example. Someone might say. "I like Delsney Land. Ever been?" in a very casual speech pattern. In that case [Have you] and [there] have been dropped. This is okay because A) it's a casual situation and B) you can usually can infer both the subject and prepositional objects, direct/indirect objects, or even to the point where you have thing but a verb from the context of the situation.

It sounds weird in English because we aren't used to pro-drop, but honestly I would say it would be nice to keep things as literal as possible as to avoid adding things that are detrimental to meaning :/
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 03:01   Link #3892
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen View Post

A hunter wouldn't say, "My brother was attacked the other day. The gun he had did protect from cougar."
There's nothing wrong with "A fragile and fleeting spider web did protect from King Herod once." It's flowery language and unusual sentence structure, but that's appropriate to Beatrice's conversational tone in that scene. It isn't an error, at any rate. It may be a linguistic decision you disagree with, but I suspect it was intentionally written as such and the translators were well aware that Beatrice was adopting a bit of a poetic tone.

Technically, though your example is not as appropriate an example, it is grammatically valid. It just relies on implied parts of speech. "Protect from cougar" is actually also technically correct, though it's more commonly used to refer to the abstract threat of cougars as a species than as a reference to a single animal with a [the] implied.

Is it casual and conversational? No. But it is poetic, and I think that was Beatrice's intent in that scene.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 14:02   Link #3893
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
They're articles and TIPS that Ryukishi07 wrote. No they are not in the game, but they're still important. The "Notes from a certain cook" TIP gives us reasons to think Gohda is not suspicious for example.
Not to mention important details about some suspicious incidents that he witnessed.

Bernkastel's Letter is probably the other essential one, since it introduces the three Rules of the game board.
Old 2010-06-06, 17:17   Link #3894
lesengirz
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Not to mention important details about some suspicious incidents that he witnessed.

Bernkastel's Letter is probably the other essential one, since it introduces the three Rules of the game board.
i really really enoyed the gohda one, i wish i had a chef like him at home, and the things he said and witness put me in a very nervious mood, just like when i played umineko 1 for the first time

amazing
Old 2010-06-07, 00:13   Link #3895
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen View Post

Well in that context maybe, but she is referring to something from the bible and i know a couple of times things are worded that way. Maybe shes copying (or even mocking) it
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:39   Link #3896
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Ok it is so funny to play with the old saves from other patches. Well.. sometimes. But when random stuff happens it is so funny. I don't have a screencap, but I was playing ep 3 and I was at the part where Eva found the gold. And all of a sudden Jessica and Battler appeared and Battler was teasing Jessica about liking Kanon. It was so bizare. And just when I thought it was going back to normal after that scene. When Rosa and Eva were pointing there guns at each other, Battler and Maria suddenly appeared, and they were doing the "Fall! Fall!" lines.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:17   Link #3897
Haruhichan

Hi everyone! I was playing episode 5 and all of a sudden the sound just stopped working! D:
I have Japanese locale set and everything. I don't know what's wrong. Could someone help me? Thanks.
Haruhichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:31   Link #3898
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Try pressing the M key to see if you accidentally muted it.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:49   Link #3899
Haruhichan

@Thunder Book- Oh FFF wow. I'm so stupid. xD Thank you so much! :3
Haruhichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 18:56   Link #3900
Thunder Book
Endless Member

No problem.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation