Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-06-03, 16:33   Link #3381
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
You seem to have a lot of anti-women jokes, that you resist pulling, huh.
It isn't exactly an anti-women joke (though nonetheless humourous), but rather a research that has been done before in the 70s or 80s that women are directionally handicapped, while men can never remember landmarks to guide them in their directions.

So inside each gender's head, a man would have plotted the direction as "left, right, straight up, left, left, right" while a woman would have plotted "pass the mall, turn in the direction of the eatery, travel until you see the bridge, turn towards a school, turn towards a fast food restaurant, then you will see the mall".

What probably took place inside her head while using GPS is that she's thinking "turning right and across the road should reach point B", however at that moment she's preoccupied with confirming point B rather than the dangers of the road itself, thus her focus is not on the direction but probably landmarks and infrastructure to guide her way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Science Figures Out Why Teenagers Are Stupid
Well that explains alot of things happening in america.
There are a number of flaws in the research. Some teenagers don't like whatever stuff that is taught in school, rather they are thinking of bigger topics like "how can that Physics concept be applied to building something?".

Unless we can read the minds of every teenager who is easily distracted, this research is just over-generalised. I am not as stupid but I can't concentrate as well during lessons.

Ever heard of dyslexia doc?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 16:51   Link #3382
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Well, that's a waste of research money, any genius could have figured that it's a period of humanity that's the most messed up as kids have to learn to develop their sense of self as a strong adult, take on responsibilities as deal with the hormonal malfunction of their bodies, often leading them to do stupid or reckless things anyways.

And some just don't grow up or are spoiled to not mature as they should...
You see.. in the Old Days, we'd gather them up and take them on a mastodon hunt. The ones who
1) wouldn't take orders
2) wandered off the game trail
3) wouldn't cooperate
4) couldn't solve spatial problems
5) couldn't stay on task
usually got eaten by the tiger or stomped by the herd. It wasn't perfect, sometimes they'd get a lot of others killed as well.
Old 2010-06-04, 07:11   Link #3383
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

N Korea hails development of new 'super drink'
Unless, it's gonna turn me into the Hulk, I ain't drinking that.

'The stolen European Cup? My friend took it'
Lol, that was funny and a good time the cops had.

Rome gets hotel made from rubbish
Room services better not be rubbish.

Ohio teenager wins US spelling bee crown
Good for her. We need more smart kids in America.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-06-05 at 01:44.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 10:39   Link #3384
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
N Korea hails development of new 'super drink'
Unless, it's gonna turn me into the Hulk, I ain't drinking that.
You know, brain cells are the ONLY cells in the body that will not subdivide itself as you grow up. They are irreplaceable, so how the heck does the drink multiply braincells?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-05, 18:14   Link #3385
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You know, brain cells are the ONLY cells in the body that will not subdivide itself as you grow up. They are irreplaceable, so how the heck does the drink multiply braincells?
Actually that's a common misconception, neuron, like many terminally specialized cells, do not multiply by themselves, but are produced by differentiation of more or less specialized stem cells (which do multiply), an example among many others, are blood cells which do not multiply by themselves, but are produced by the bone marrow.
Conversely, Neural Stem Cells were discovered about 20 years ago, an can produce new Neurons.

Perhaps they are assuming it would stimulate multiplication and differentiation of those.
Of course, Occam's Razor would instead lead us to think that NK has missed another occasion to not ridicule themselves.
Old 2010-06-07, 09:21   Link #3386
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Escaped Circus Elephant Chased Through Zurich Streets

That elephant is awesome!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:26   Link #3387
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Of course, Occam's Razor would instead lead us to think that NK has missed another occasion to not ridicule themselves.
My guess is that they are trying to ride on China's upcoming economic glory. Like most products on the market claiming to have great health effects when the real thing does little or nothing at all, marketing it will be no big feat. Unless F&N buys up the patent and N.K drops Scuds on New Atlanta just for that (our drink shall not be imperialised! Haha).

Looks like Crysis is going to become a reality after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Can I adopt that elephant? I wouldn't mind letting it loose in my local streets.

Old 2010-06-10, 01:55   Link #3388
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lindsay Lohan violates US court alcohol ban

Facepalm! What's wrong with this girl? She should go to rehab, NOW!
Old 2010-06-10, 20:53   Link #3389
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Man, 94, 'masturbating with vacuum'

Quote:
A 94-year-old Arizona man has been arrested, after being accused of molesting several young children and a bizarre case of public sexual indecency involving a vacuum cleaner.

MyFOXPhoenix.com said Dale Warren Graham of Payson, Arizona, was arrested last Thursday after a three-week investigation which started with a report that he had committed an act of public sexual indecency.

Payson Police Chief Donald Engler alleged Mr Graham was found in someone else's garage with a running vacuum cleaner attached to the front of his pants.

Further investigation led to accusations that Mr Graham had inappropriately touched a number of children ranging in age from 8 to 17 years.

Mr Graham had been arrested for public sexual indecency, aggravated assault, and child molestation.

Read more at myFOXPhoenix.com
..........94? Haw haw haw How do I describe this as anything other than really sick?
Old 2010-06-10, 21:39   Link #3390
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan violates US court alcohol ban

Facepalm! What's wrong with this girl? She should go to rehab, NOW!
She is simply a poster child for unrepentantly stupid. Someone who is really confused about their actual status in the world. I hope he throws the book at her just to get her off the "infotainment" pages.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:10   Link #3391
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
My guess is that they are trying to ride on China's upcoming economic glory. Like most products on the market claiming to have great health effects when the real thing does little or nothing at all, marketing it will be no big feat. Unless F&N buys up the patent and N.K drops Scuds on New Atlanta just for that (our drink shall not be imperialised! Haha).

Looks like Crysis is going to become a reality after all.

Can I adopt that elephant? I wouldn't mind letting it loose in my local streets.
Wait till the gahmen stop you at Customs.
Old 2010-06-15, 16:49   Link #3392
Tiberium Wolf

American arrested searching for Osama bin Laden

Key words:

American arrested
Pakistan
pistol
sword
night-vision equipment
Christian religious books
been over there six times
Old 2010-06-15, 17:34   Link #3393
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
American arrested searching for Osama bin Laden

Key words:

American arrested
Pakistan
pistol
sword
night-vision equipment
Christian religious books
been over there six times
I'm surprised he isn't dead yet.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 18:42   Link #3394
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The locals probably took him for just for another religious nuts.
I guest than his Christian religiouss books will get him more problem than his sword .
Old 2010-06-16, 00:05   Link #3395
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I'm surprised he wants to go back over there. Oh well. Another day, another lunatic running around with armaments or sharp objects. But wait! There's more! This one comes with night vision!
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 00:27   Link #3396
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Come celebrate Cheer Up Keanu Day
Quote:
Los Angeles (June 15): It all started with the above paparazzi image. Doesn't Keanu Reeves look so sad? Cheer up, guy!

In an effort to make Keanu feel better, some Keanu fans have designated June 15 as Cheer Up Keanu Day. Others insist that it's July 1. What do you do on Cheer Up Keanu Day? It depends on who you ask.

The ball continued rolling on Reddit, with an epic Keanu appreciation thread with over 2,000 comments. Then someone posted a photoshop of Keanu eating a bird. Then came a photoshop of Keanu eating a miniature version of himself on a bench.

From there, someone suggested that there be a holiday to celebrate what a good guy Keanu Reeves is. Finally, someone suggested a day to celebrate Keanu on July 1, during which people would give money to cancer research.

Now Tumblr is churning out Keanu 'shops, mostly sourced from anonymous message boards.

Click through to find out more and see all the new Sad Keanu images you can handle.

URLESQUE
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 03:24   Link #3397
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

With a post-Matrix career like his, who wouldn't be depressed?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 04:29   Link #3398
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Sperm whale faeces 'helps oceans absorb CO2'
I got nothing to say but laugh.
Old 2010-06-16, 07:03   Link #3399
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Wow, talk about World Cup Fever, and I thought today's decision by the teachers at school to put the World Cup replay on screen for everyone to see at lunch break was weird. Everyone crowded around a television religiously watching...ahh......

But no dedication to FIFA comes anywhere near close to this:

Condom sales up as South Korea team wins in World Cup

Quote:

* 200,000 in Seoul celebrate
* Beer and snack sales double

SALES of condoms jumped fivefold in South Korea as fans celebrated after the nation's soccer team rose to the occasion in its opening World Cup game against Greece.

About a million red-shirted fans nationwide - including 200,000 in Seoul - packed boulevards, stadiums and parks Saturday to cheer the side's 2-0 win over Euro 2004 champion Greece.

After the game, fans in celebratory mood also bought five times more condoms than during the team's lackluster 2006 World Cup performance, the JoongAng Daily reported.

The biggest retail winners as fans took to the streets were convenience stores and fried chicken outlets, according to the paper.

It said Bokwang Family Mart chain stores saw a near-doubling of sales in spots where fans gathered.

Stores in residential areas also did well, as those tuning in at home bought three times the beer and more than twice the number of snacks as usual.
"WE WIN, LET'S MAKE LOVE!!"
Old 2010-06-16, 07:53   Link #3400
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
"WE WIN, LET'S MAKE LOVE!!"
At least they kept enough calm to think, before doing it .

Tags
humor