AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 16:34   Link #121
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

From Wikipedia, I found some interesting info on Elly's machine Fang Quake.

Spoiler for Fang Quake:
Old 2011-01-09, 17:44   Link #122
yuiichi9

Who is Elly?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:28   Link #123
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
If we flip their gender, the conversation make alot more sense, it is like a father-in-law talk to his daughter 's potential husband(s)
more like a mother thats having a serious conversation towards his son's harem i mean potential girlfriends while she herself is denying her own feelings toward him.

correct me if i'm wrong... the girls at him are...

-tsundere (?) childhood friend who aims to win the kendo championship to become his girlfriend
-rich ojou-sama
-bubbly (?) childhood friend that he saved from bullying
-crossdressing girl
-tough-as-nails german female
-older sister that is also his teacher (im not so sure because due to the spoilers, the brocon tendency is VARIABLE, so not yet confirmed)
Old 2011-01-09, 21:51   Link #124
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
more like a mother thats having a serious conversation towards his son's harem i mean potential girlfriends while she herself is denying her own feelings toward him.

correct me if i'm wrong... the girls at him are...

-tsundere (?) childhood friend who aims to win the kendo championship to become his girlfriend
-rich ojou-sama
-crossdressing girl
-tough-as-nails german female
-older sister that is also his teacher (im not so sure because due to the spoilers, the brocon tendency is VARIABLE, so not yet confirmed)
To be honest she only cross dressed for one volume. And if anything Charlotte shows more signs of being a Yamato Nadesico than the other heroines, maybe except for Houki.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:53   Link #125
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Who is Elly?
Elly is a new character from vol 6. She is the America's representative IS pilot, which makes her on the same level as Tatenashi. Her IS is indeed based on Shenlong weaponry, but more advanced. Just like how Silent Zephyr is more advance than Cecilia's Blue Tears.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:12   Link #126
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Elly is a new character from vol 6. She is the America's representative IS pilot, which makes her on the same level as Tatenashi. Her IS is indeed based on Shenlong weaponry, but more advanced. Just like how Silent Zephyr is more advance than Cecilia's Blue Tears.
Oh gosh, i am looking forward to this. If this has many american stereotypes, I would spend more time clutching my stomach in laughter than read.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:40   Link #127
zephyr325

Quote:
Spoiler for About Houki & Rinn...:

Quote:
-crossdressing girl
Spoiler for About Charlotte...:

Also, keep in mind that the basic setting of IS - only female can use IS - and its effect on sociaty and the resulting social status could cause many key heroines in this series to show 'Tsundere' attribute.
(Although it wouldn't matter much because many of them have tsundere attribute as their characteristics anyway...)
zephyr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:41   Link #128
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

J-Just in case some people missed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailEmperor View Post
Summaries for each volume would be wonderful, especially for those who want them.

If possible, I'd like to know how many IS does each country have. From what I understand, with the Alaska Treaty, IS have to be shared and opened to the world, and there are enough cores for every country in the world to be given one core. But, it seems like the more wealthy countries have more than one IS...

Edit add

Other questions I have:
1) Since cores can't be tinkered yet, do all IS have a fixed amount of energy?
2) How long can the shield of an IS last under repeated attacks from an IS using weapons of moderate power (below the threshold necessary to pierce an IS' shield kind of power)?
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 02:05   Link #129
zephyr325

Quote:
Summaries for each volume would be wonderful, especially for those who want them.

If possible, I'd like to know how many IS does each country have. From what I understand, with the Alaska Treaty, IS have to be shared and opened to the world, and there are enough cores for every country in the world to be given one core. But, it seems like the more wealthy countries have more than one IS...

Edit add

Other questions I have:
1) Since cores can't be tinkered yet, do all IS have a fixed amount of energy?
2) How long can the shield of an IS last under repeated attacks from an IS using weapons of moderate power (below the threshold necessary to pierce an IS' shield kind of power)?

Spoiler for Deployment of ISs in military:

Spoiler for Answer for Q.1:

Spoiler for Answer for Q.2:
Old 2011-01-10, 02:21   Link #130
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
With the amount of stuff going on here, I think it was a mistake to make it a one-season show. This practically screams "25+ episodes".
Are we positively sure that it's a one-season only?

Without reference, the 12 eps on wikipedia doesn't count.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 02:50   Link #131
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Are we positively sure that it's a one-season only?

Positive.

DVD/BD is already on preorder stage, (BTW, I already ordered vol.1) and there are 6 volumes in total. (2 episodes per volume)
Old 2011-01-10, 03:01   Link #132
zephyr325

BTW, I'm kind of against 25+ episode opinion.

True, I'd love to see more episodes, and if the condition was right, I'd say go for it, but you see, there are problems...

1. budget

Let's compare IS with an actual 25-episode work, Macross Frontier.

They are made by roughly the same staff, so I'd say the quality of work per budget would be about the same.

Well... I seriously doubt that a completely unproven, unknown work such as IS could get similar production budget as a work with all-popular 'Macross' brand printed on it.

And Macross F did fine with their budget, but I saw lots of recycled CGs, especially toward the end of the serise. Possible budget problem?

2. Contents

Simply put, there is nowhere enough contents to do a 25-episode work with the original material currently out.

Sure, they could do lots of anime-only centents, but I think the kinds of contents hastely created to fill the gap tends to lose quality.

And the already small budget would be stretched even thinner...
Old 2011-01-10, 03:05   Link #133
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Thank you for answering, zephyr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr325 View Post
Spoiler for Deployment of ISs in military:
So, about 320 IS are being used throughout the world for military use, and about 145 IS are being used by the IS Academy (I'm guessing). That leaves 2 cores left, and I'm going to guess that both Tabane and Chihuyu each have kept one for themselves.

One more question and I'll be good for a while. How many known countries are there with IS or have been mentioned to have IS? From scanning the other thread, I've only gathered this much:

Japan
France
Germany
Britain
China
America
Russia
Italy
Israel
Old 2011-01-10, 03:24   Link #134
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

is the anime actually going to follow the LN or is it going to have its own ending? I usually hate those endings.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 03:44   Link #135
zephyr325

Quote:
Thank you for answering, zephyr.

So, about 320 IS are being used throughout the world for military use, and about 145 IS are being used by the IS Academy (I'm guessing). That leaves 2 cores left, and I'm going to guess that both Tabane and Chihuyu each have kept one for themselves.

One more question and I'll be good for a while. How many known countries are there with IS or have been mentioned to have IS? From scanning the other thread, I've only gathered this much:

Japan
France
Germany
Britain
China
America
Russia
Italy
Israel
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2011-01-10, 04:05   Link #136
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Give or take estimation is fine to just put things into picture for me. But if you can recall the exact numbers, then that'd be great.

The IS Academy at least need adequate numbers of IS so they can train pilots, though. But I'm going to guess that trainer type IS are capable of being used by anyone (like in general), so each class have schedules to use those IS. Only representative pilots should have their own IS that they're given to test or to compete in the Mondo Grosso.

Regarding my question, I meant how many countries are there that have been listed or mentioned in the LN who have IS or have been said/hinted to have IS, not from a guess. There are more than the ones that I listed, no?
Old 2011-01-10, 04:36   Link #137
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
is the anime actually going to follow the LN or is it going to have its own ending? I usually hate those endings.
I'd say they would do the short stories from vol.4 to fill out the remainder and the final epilogue would feature a preview of contents from vol.5, with brief introduction of new character, Tatenashi, and not bother with any special ending.

That way they could go ahead with season 2 (provided that the DVD/BD sales allows it) and continue with vol.5 without much trouble.
Old 2011-01-10, 04:51   Link #138
zephyr325

Quote:
Regarding my question, I meant how many countries are there that have been listed or mentioned in the LN who have IS or have been said/hinted to have IS, not from a guess. There are more than the ones that I listed, no?
Spoiler for Answers:
Old 2011-01-10, 05:14   Link #139
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I see. I see.

Hmm. An anon from a certain image board said that Poland was also mentioned once in the novels. It's possible to add them too.
Old 2011-01-10, 09:20   Link #140
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I wouldn't dream of using Wikipedia as a source for any reliable info on anime/manga - half the time the stuff written on there is either fancruft, original research, or baseless speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr325 View Post
Spoiler for About Charlotte...:
Spoiler:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen