AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 09:13   Link #21
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Just how many transformation did the juubi have??... Man this thing reminds me of Frieza....
Old 2012-12-18, 09:32   Link #22
Eragon
Still Alive

I have only expectation from Kishi, keep the people who are dead.........DEAD.
You know that line from Shirou(from Fate Stay/Night) - People die when they are killed - Kishi needs to follow that thinking when he kills named characters on the Alliance side in this war.
Old 2012-12-18, 09:55   Link #23
GDB

Only real reason I can think of for Neji to be the one to die is to bring Naruto and Hinata closer together. Hopefully that's shown and not just mentioned in some sort of epilogue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 11:00   Link #24
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Only real reason I can think of for Neji to be the one to die is to bring Naruto and Hinata closer together. Hopefully that's shown and not just mentioned in some sort of epilogue.
well, given Neji's last words and what Hinata did (putting her life on the line to save Naruto, for the SECOND time!!!). I'm not the type to care much about manga relationships, but if Naruto's still obsessed with Sakura after this, well, he's an idiot and Kishi shouldn't be writing shonen... the kids need better role models in relationships lol
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 11:27   Link #25
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So far no one has died that has to be brought back. You knew Kakashi was coming back because his story wasn't finished. So Kishi was going to pull something stupid with Nagato. But Shika and Ino's dads had to go for the benefit of Shika and Ino. Neji was a relic from Part 1. He did nothing in Shippuden! Even his death chapter was only about half the chapter, half arsed, and felt forced in trying to make you care about Neji once again. He died just to prove a point to Naruto that he couldn't protect all his friends.

IF Kishi's kills off more name characters, then you know they will come back. If he touches more of the K11 like Kiba, Hinata, Ino, hell; even honorary members like Temari, then you know it will be undone. But right now it feels like Kishi badly wants the war to go out with a bang and he is getting rid of the characters he has no use for.

Makes that Rock Lee anime sort of weird now. They should do some zombie Neji jokes.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 12:43   Link #26
Crow
Noob

Neji is way too strong to have died like that, how is it that weaklings like Ino, Choji, Tenten, Hinata the other non-jonin manage to cheat death but a badass like Neji dies so easily
Old 2012-12-18, 12:59   Link #27
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Naruto will talk Obito out of this illusion nonsense and he will revive anyone who dies in the mean time. This should not be done a second time, but I won't be surprised by this manga anymore.

Also, I am hoping Rock Lee flips out when he hears Neji is dead

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 13:09   Link #28
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Neji was one of my favorite character of this series, and now he died saving Naruto. i could have never guessed that Neji would be the one to die, for me i felt his death was epic
i am hoping to see some badass Rock lee moves, when he sees Neji dead

other than that, some tension between Obito and Madara, so finally got how their plan will work, and the ten tails is going to evolve further,now what would that be like.
Old 2012-12-18, 13:34   Link #29
ranchan13

I see Lee hearing of Neji's death, then opening all 8 gates out of pure rage. Whatever else went on between those two, they were rivals first, and friends second. One thing about rivals in anime and manga, they hate it when their lifelong rival is killed by someone else.

Mark my words, Lee's days are numbered now, but he should go out in a massive blaze of glory.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 13:48   Link #30
Ushio the Omega

Alive Konoha Jounin

Shibi Aburame
Chōza Akimichi
Might Guy
Kakashi Hatake
Shizune
Kurenai Yūhi (pregnant)
Homura Mitokado (retired)
Koharu Utatane (retired)
Yamato (captured)
Tsunade (?)

Dead Konoha Jounin excluding flashbacks

Neji Hyūga
Asuma Sarutobi
Inoichi Yamanaka
Shikaku Nara
Jiraiya
Hiruzen Sarutobi
Danzo Shimura

So who's next place your bets!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 13:50   Link #31
Aqua Knight

Neji's death didn't really have a strong impact on me tbh
I think anime can fix that
Old 2012-12-18, 13:52   Link #32
classic

Spoiler for 614:
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:11   Link #33
Neji112

Sad to see my favourite character go out with a whimper. He's sucked pretty bad for his few brief moments of this war and his character was going nowhere anyway so maybe it was better to put him out of his misery.

Maybe Naruto will take Neji's eyes and somehow magically gain his own version of the Rinnegan.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:11   Link #34
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

So Ten Ten is shacking up with Rock Lee now, huh...
Old 2012-12-18, 14:15   Link #35
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
So Ten Ten is shacking up with Rock Lee now, huh...
That probably is the saddest thing about this chapter. She went from a pretty boy to a gonk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Probably because Neji hasn't done anything in about 450 chapters. A Zetsu clone impersonating Neji accomplished more in Shippuden than he did.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:21   Link #36
Rahan

Just caught up with the latest chapters

So ...

Tobi will revive everyone
Out of the last remaining villains, Madara is the most irrelevant since he is the only one who won't ever be able to control the Juubi to the fullest. He even put himself under Tobi's authority because he can't do (relevant) shit by himself
Henceforth, Sasuke will be the final villain even though he is completely irrelevant to the plot now since Kishi just wrote about everyone else out of the story this chapter. Well, guess Sasuke will establish himself as a major player by killing Madara ("them" are probably Madara and Tobi now) before snatching the Juubi.

This manga is a disgrace ... Kishi should learn the concept of suspension of disbelief. Since Neji can't be dead, no one is dead ... But then, he isn't even pretending Neji'll stay dead since he thought Neji's "death" was the time to remind everyone the guy who is going to get TNJed can resurrect everyone.
Guess the only value of those chapters is to fill time until Sasuke gets there to interrogate Madara so that we can understand everything because nothing consequential is going to happen until then ...

And what the fuck was Shikaku's strategy ? Using Ino and Shikamaru to cheer on the Hyuuga ?

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-12-18 at 14:39.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:46   Link #37
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
yea i didnt really have much feeling reading this either. it was really rushed and out of the blue. at the same time though, i dont think there was much kishi could do to make us care about neji again. he had gone way too long without being a significant part of the story... or interesting at all for that matter. even in this death flashback there was nothing new. it was the same story from way back in the chuunin exam...

as Ulquiorra said, nobody has died yet who requires a resurrection which is exciting, since they will probably stay dead. if kishi keeps the ball rolling and goes after more k11 it will have to be shino, or possibly tenten since they have the least amount of development and they fit under that threshold of characters kishi has been done with for a while, unless tenten does develop her skills with the RS' fan. sai is a possibility too, but even he has much more of a role and story than those two. it would be cool to see someone go who we wouldn't think kishi would want to off yet. (and not be brought back to life of course)

my hunch for future deaths would be from other villages like that rock ninja with the beard or someone like that
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:58   Link #38
sayde

Wow. The NaruHina shippers will probably have a field day with this chapter. Thanks a lot Neji. (No, seriously thanks a lot.) Assuming you're gone for good, you can rest assured knowing at least one fan will miss you. I got more attached to his character thanks to the Rock Lee spin off.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:16   Link #39
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Poor Neji! What an emotional chapter. I too grew fond of him through the rock lee stories...oh well, everything happens for a reason.

Was kind of waiting on Naruto going super saiyan after neji dying and Obito dissing him with the whole "I thought you wouldn't let any friends die" jibe.
Old 2012-12-18, 15:28   Link #40
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Wow. The NaruHina shippers will probably have a field day with this chapter. Thanks a lot Neji. (No, seriously thanks a lot.) Assuming you're gone for good, you can rest assured knowing at least one fan will miss you. I got more attached to his character thanks to the Rock Lee spin off.
Why would the NH fans be glad ?

Neji belittled her feelings by showing they were no different from his or Gaara's. (who told him the same thing in a non-lethal situation)

If anything, Hinata lost credit here, since what was making her special was her will to put herself in danger for Naruto and Naruto is realizing the hard way there are others like her. (and that love and "will to put oneself in danger to protect him" are two distinct things unless he is starting to thing everyone is gay for him)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote