AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 24 53.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-20, 05:59   Link #41
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Solid first three episodes of Little Busters Refrain. Totally came near tears this episode, while the people who don't know how it ends are sad and confused, haha. Even though it was only three episodes, they adapted Kurugaya's route brilliantly. I'm confident JC can deliver with the remaining story.
Old 2013-10-20, 09:33   Link #42
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Good episode. Sadly it'll end 10 episodes later :/
Old 2013-10-20, 09:56   Link #43
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I totally had tears in this episode. That is mainly because Song for Friends is my absolute favourite song in the entire game. I found it odd that even in the game they used it for Angeo's ending. But I love it all the same.
Great episode! It had really good production values with some beautiful images like that one with Kyousuke. I'm impressed XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Thankfully, they left out the ED after this. (There's a certain studio that could learn something from this...)
Oh hell yes! I was thinking this the entire time. Why can't other studios learn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post
But, to tell the truth this ep won't be as emotional to anime only watchers.
It's gonna affect VN players more imo.
I agree with this as well.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:47   Link #44
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post

So this is where all the budget from 1st season went to.

And just song for friends is enough to make me tear up. ;_;
That pic of Kyousuke.. now that's the Kyousuke I know.
Old 2013-10-20, 16:37   Link #45
Dextro
He Without a Title

You know I'm kind of pissed now. This show has no right to be this freakin amazing with a character arc after that completely forgettable first season. No right! Why couldn't they have put this kind of thought and dedication to at least half of those first episodes?

If I wasn't so used to they way Key stories work I would probably be getting even more annoyed at the complete wtfness of the ending but given how much of Clannads ending was equally pulled out of nowhere this is definitely an improvement since we at least had some hints thrown during the previous season. Can't wait to see the rest, glad I didn't give up on this sequel like I was intending to at first.

Edit: I threw in an extra point for the show managing to go through a full episode about a dream without Horie Yui having to say narcolepsy again
Old 2013-10-20, 17:06   Link #46
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You know I'm kind of pissed now. This show has no right to be this freakin amazing with a character arc after that completely forgettable first season. No right! Why couldn't they have put this kind of thought and dedication to at least half of those first episodes?

If I wasn't so used to they way Key stories work I would probably be getting even more annoyed at the complete wtfness of the ending but given how much of Clannads ending was equally pulled out of nowhere this is definitely an improvement since we at least had some hints thrown during the previous season. Can't wait to see the rest, glad I didn't give up on this sequel like I was intending to at first.

Edit: I threw in an extra point for the show managing to go through a full episode about a dream without Horie Yui having to say narcolepsy again
It's hard for a VN to do good in every route; I'm assuming all the work gets put in whatever the main route is. And there's only so much mileage you can get out of mediocre characters like Komari or Kud. Certainly the other Key adaptations also had the weakest characters up front, so they can get to the good stuff later. Well, Kud's alright I guess. Of course the execution of the anime itself had issues, most definitely.

My joke is that Key adaptations always put the "special" one first. /runs

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-10-20, 17:12   Link #47
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So I'm guessing the main story is about to start and Rin is going to become the main heroine?

The part where kurahaya said to protect Rin, that was sad for her. I guess she lost to Rin or gave up on Riki or both.
Old 2013-10-20, 18:16   Link #48
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

as anime-only watcher, I didn't actually capture the emotion in here...
since this is clearly a perfect prelude for upcoming arc...

damn!! that song in the end is very dangerous... my tears... ;___;
Anego is very cute in this arc... I don't want her to go... I want her to be in every single episode... don't cut her out..
and why Anego mentioned Rin??? what is going to happen??

well, the conclusion of this arc is rather simple though.. I'm expecting a more complex backstory...

good bye 20th June... and let the story begin
Old 2013-10-20, 19:07   Link #49
Magicflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Kurugaya and Riki wished the fun days never end -> Days start repeating, only they remember -> Riki confronts Kurugaya -> Kurugaya explains that she only started being happy when she joined the LB -> Kurugaya tells Riki to protect Rin -> The days stop repeating -> Riki forgets everything

What hasn't been explained...well, you've watched Clannad and we're only 3 episodes in. You do the math.
speculation
Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-20, 22:30   Link #50
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I loved Makoto's route, her route is easily tied for second best Kanon route for me lol. I would say Nayuki's route is the weakest imo. Also, Kyou's was by far the weakest route in Clannad. But you are dead on with Kano in AIR, but at least her route was much better than some other KEY routes, like Komari's. I think they start off with the stories that are much less tied to the overall issue of the story or just how it would flow the best.
Old 2013-10-20, 23:40   Link #51
Ringil

Solid, but not amazing end to Kurugaya's arc. Better than the VN, tbh.
Old 2013-10-21, 00:45   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

Very humorously, that really does fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Spoiler for Comprehensive Key comparisons:
Spoiler for Reply to comprehensive Key comparisons:
Old 2013-10-21, 02:34   Link #53
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That made me laugh far more than it really ought to have.
Old 2013-10-21, 03:37   Link #54
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Have seen this joke before, but it's still hilarious

Though if they ever try to adapt Rewrite into anime, it can't go like this again.

Spoiler for very little spoiler about the nature of Rewrite and which order the heroine routes in Rewrite should be finished:
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2013-10-21 at 03:53.
Old 2013-10-22, 21:04   Link #55
maplehurry

So... if she didnt wish for anything she wouldn't disappear ??
Old 2013-10-24, 00:02   Link #56
Magicflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
So... if she didnt wish for anything she wouldn't disappear ??
If she didn't wish for anything, I don't think she'd appear into the world in the first place
Old 2013-10-24, 00:45   Link #57
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I'm sorry...but I just could not care that much about Kurugaya. She's too friggin' perfect. Her only identity is to be "sexy and cool". And her backstory was like lulwhut.

So weak compared to the other girls who...you know, actually had problems.

Quote:
And there's only so much mileage you can get out of mediocre characters like Komari or Kud.
Oh gimme a break! At least those two have personalities! Kurugaya's popular because she's awesome at literally everything. But that's the exact reason why she's my least favorite. I don't hate her or anything (I don't hate ANYONE in this show) but I feel quite indifferent towards her.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2013-10-24 at 01:04.
Old 2013-10-24, 05:36   Link #58
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

Oh gimme a break! At least those two have personalities!
Yeah, no. Those two could only dream of having a personality as good as Kurugaya.
She may be too perfect for some people, but she's still likable, and that's already more than I can say about Komari and Kud. Having issues that need to be solved is a character building quality, but their arcs were so muddled with bullshit that I couldn't enjoy myself. Other than that, Komari voice ranged from lifeless to insufferable depending on the occasion. Lifeless during the mundane life scenes, and insufferably during the dramatic parts of her arc. As for Kud, whenever they give a character their own personal meme, you know what their intent is. I hated desu, I hated gao, and now I can safely say I hate "wafū!" as well.

I'm not a fan of "perfect" characters either, but Kurugaya has enough positive qualities to overlook that. Besides, it's her perfection that lead to her one true imperfection. Sure, she can physically do just about anything, but this lead to people distancing themselves from her, and vise/versa. And I think her arc did a good job showing that she's just as vulnerable to loneliness as anyone else, despite her exceptional talents in many fields.
Old 2013-10-24, 10:33   Link #59
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Yeah, no. Those two could only dream of having a personality as good as Kurugaya.
What personality? Sexually harassing Riki? That's all she freaking does. I'll take the two cuties with family problems over a character like that any day because at least they are modest and innocent.

Quote:
Kurugaya has enough positive qualities to overlook that.
Well, that's exactly the problem! She doesn't have any negative qualities as a character and that's what makes her so unrelatable as a person.

Come on and admit guys, you like her because fanservice. I won't fault you for it. You're guys and that's obviously the type of chara she's supposed to be. The fact that she's the only girl in the school who refuses to button up her blazer is plenty evidence for that.

My friend who's watching the show doesn't care for her either and big surprise: my friend is a girl.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2013-10-24 at 10:47.
Old 2013-10-24, 10:49   Link #60
bigdeal000
malefic

Nice job ignoring most of what he said in favor of 2 things that you didn't really answer to anyway. All that Kurugaya does is haras Riki (haras...) You know that's not true.
Also, you go around making assumptions: fanservice is not the reason I like Kurugaya. As a VN player, I'd know
Spoiler for not really a spoiler:
and the VN is what shapes my like or dislike more than the anime. If this was about fanservice, my favourite would be Komari, but I don't like her that much. Also, what defines Komari? Her spiral of hapiness. What defines Kurugaya? Her apparent perfection. One is naive and the other is off-putting (I gues you're a perfect example of how that works). I can't really say which one is worse...
Closed Thread