AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-01-18, 19:24   Link #41
Go-lytely

Myco! She sings in Full Moon wo Sagashite and her voice is awesome. Her voice has that deep sexy tone to it.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 08:29   Link #42
Unmei
Tensetsuno Tenshi

I just heard Onegai Twins OP and ED.... and boy was it good. KOTOKO IS THE BEST~!!!

Megumi is both a seiyuu and an anime singer...

Are there anymore seiyuus who is also anime singers? Who are good of couse!!
Unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 08:08   Link #43
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmei
I just heard Onegai Twins OP and ED.... and boy was it good. KOTOKO IS THE BEST~!!!

Megumi is both a seiyuu and an anime singer...

Are there anymore seiyuus who is also anime singers? Who are good of couse!!
Here's a list of anime singers. Search using the name of any seiyuu you're curious about.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 18:43   Link #44
Micchi_fan

Re

Guys, you're soooo funny, I just can't stop laughing...
Maaya Sakamoto, Kotoko, Hikaru Utada and most of the people you listed are NOT anime singers. They're J-pop singers, whose songs are used in anime. Not to mention the seiyuu, they can never be called anime singers. Your choices are so typical for the young generation of fans who never care...
The real Anison singers are Ichiro Mizuki and Mitsuko Horie (the 2 greatest ones). I'll not even try to explain it, I've done it so many times throughout so MANY forums that I'm really exhausted... I guess it's a matter of attitude, not to want to understand the facts.
Just to correct the guy who provided the info about Mizuki/Horie:
- not "godfather" and "godmather" but King and Queen of anime songs. It's even written at Micchi's site; at least the King/Queen words are more often used. Mizuki is often called "Mizuking" ^^
- I'm not sure if the Micchi award was in 1961. She was only 4-years-old then. Wasn't it in 1968?
- Mizuki is now a part-time member in JAM. He doesn't sing with them anymore. Eizou Sakamoto did the same. But JAM got new members - Hiroshi Kitadani, Masami Okui and Yoshiki Fukuyama.

Other anime singers I enjoy are MIO (now MIQ), Hironobu Kageyama, MoJo, Shinichi Ishihara, etc.
And one last proof of my words: last year, at a big concert in Brazil, Hironobu Kageyama explained the aim of the Anison singers: "Our goal is to prevent the J-pop stars from becoming popular by putting their songs in the anime."
Micchi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 18:44   Link #45
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Tamaki Nami...she is so hot and her Gundam SEED songs rock.

http://www.tamakinami.com/
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 20:44   Link #46
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Yuki Kajiura by far.. (Noir and .hack soundtracks)

Honorable mentions:

Megumi Hayashibara - Love Hina Opening; Slayers Next Opening

Satsuki Yukino - various songs in the Love Hina and Full Metal Panic soundtracks

Yoko Kanno - Cowboy Bebop
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 15:15   Link #47
[NoiR]Kirika

Send a message via ICQ to [NoiR]Kirika Send a message via MSN to [NoiR]Kirika
I think she is a J-pop singer but I really like Yuko Sasaki when she sings "Pure Snow" in the anime Himiko Den
[NoiR]Kirika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 07:03   Link #48
brouthian

Miho Komatsu is not your list why??
Anata Ga Iruka Ra-Detective Conan
brouthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 01:43   Link #49
fiokun

I think the best singers are in JAM Project definetly.

In that case, I think the singer from high and mighty color .. mainly because their songs rulez
fiokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 02:02   Link #50
Lost

Yay another ancient thread has surfaced!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi_fan
Guys, you're soooo funny, I just can't stop laughing...
Maaya Sakamoto, Kotoko, Hikaru Utada and most of the people you listed are NOT anime singers. They're J-pop singers, whose songs are used in anime. Not to mention the seiyuu, they can never be called anime singers. Your choices are so typical for the young generation of fans who never care...
The real Anison singers are Ichiro Mizuki and Mitsuko Horie (the 2 greatest ones). I'll not even try to explain it, I've done it so many times throughout so MANY forums that I'm really exhausted... I guess it's a matter of attitude, not to want to understand the facts.
Just to correct the guy who provided the info about Mizuki/Horie:
- not "godfather" and "godmather" but King and Queen of anime songs. It's even written at Micchi's site; at least the King/Queen words are more often used. Mizuki is often called "Mizuking" ^^
- I'm not sure if the Micchi award was in 1961. She was only 4-years-old then. Wasn't it in 1968?
- Mizuki is now a part-time member in JAM. He doesn't sing with them anymore. Eizou Sakamoto did the same. But JAM got new members - Hiroshi Kitadani, Masami Okui and Yoshiki Fukuyama.

Other anime singers I enjoy are MIO (now MIQ), Hironobu Kageyama, MoJo, Shinichi Ishihara, etc.
And one last proof of my words: last year, at a big concert in Brazil, Hironobu Kageyama explained the aim of the Anison singers: "Our goal is to prevent the J-pop stars from becoming popular by putting their songs in the anime."
To Micchan-fan; I'm sorry but looks like the OP didnt have the true definition of "anime singers" in mind when he started this thread, by anime singers he only probably meant favourite singers who sung/had songs featured in an Anime. So as a complete newb in this arena, I'm going to bungle thru most of your extremely informative post and say that one of my favourites would definitely be Maaya Sakamoto. I liked Cloud9 from Wolf's Rain very much; and she also did a voice part in episode 25 of Mushishi which featured an incredibly beautiful traditional(?) song at the start sung by her.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 22:28   Link #51
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
- FTW: Yuria, Minami Kuribayashi, Lia, Shimokawa Mikuni, Aya Hirano, *yozuca.
- Runners-up ("very cute in-the-studio voice"): Yui Horie, Coorie.
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 00:10   Link #52
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Really, in the first place, what is the proper definition of anime music and anime singers? In an era where so many anime OPs and EDs are dominated by J-Pop/whatever genre where the messages of the songs and the lyrics have nothing to do at all with the anime shown, those songs, while great to the ears, doesn't really feel like an anime song.

Anison stuff like Otome wa DO MY BEST deshou, Tobe! Gundam, Saikyou Robo Yuusha Gundan, Yuusha-oh Tanjou!, etc may not garner platinum-record sales or dominate music charts, but I feel that they represent the spirit of the anime more so than say....Gackt and TMR songs.

That being said, JAM Project is my favourite anime music group (( even if JAM Project isn't quite the same with Mizuki and Sakamoto being merely part-time members )) and Mizuki Ichiro will always be my perrenial favourite. I grew up hearing his music in animes and tokusatsu/sentai shows. But, his anime/sentai music roles is always secondary to his Kamen Rider musics to me.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 16:21   Link #53
Ishimaru Kaito
Magister Magi Zero

Send a message via AIM to Ishimaru Kaito Send a message via MSN to Ishimaru Kaito
i like my boy Gackt
Ishimaru Kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 22:29   Link #54
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
i can't believe no one said Hitomi Shimatani yet.
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 21:12   Link #55
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

All of the past and present members of JAM Project. Nowhere else will can you find such an ensemble.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 05:06   Link #56
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Well I thought there are alot of good singers. There can be no best coz saying anyone is best doesn't do justice to the others. So I'll say my top 5 in no particular order would be

1)Kotoko
2)Yuria
3)Lia
4)Jam Project
5)Do as Infinity
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 20:46   Link #57
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Utada Hikaru is good, but had she sang any anime song before? I can't remember any.
"Why" from the anime Inuyasha was sung by Utada Hikaru.

So yes, she has. And yes, my vote goes to her. If not her, a close second would be either Yoko Kanno or Do As Infinity. Both of which are totally awesome.
Laharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 23:48   Link #58
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Aya Hirano

Not only did she sing both songs in Haruihi Ep 12...but she also voiced her throughout the whole series.
Killa_hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 03:07   Link #59
Choki
I believe i can fly

Anime singer?I can only think of YURIA listen to Treasure....she will melt u with her voice
But then i also support Nami Tamaki(nice songs and proving that there is never too little backstage dancer ^^) and KOTOKO(her songs can go everywhere...rock,pop,techno,etc)
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 09:15   Link #60
LynRee
-

Hirano Aya, without doubt. Mainly for the Haruhi OP/ED songs, but she has some other good stuff as well. I really like her voice for some reason.
LynRee is offline   Reply With Quote