AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-27, 11:26   Link #201
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
This is the code that allows Japanese to be read on blocked websites, right?

For us computer dummies who only know how to point and click, where would we input it, sir/madame/miss?
No, it's not. It's for us people who use a tricky little thing to be able to read Japanese in the VN itself even though we aren't all that good at it.

For which I am eternally grateful.

As far as getting around Japan-only website locks, I am not currently aware of one.
Old 2010-06-27, 17:52   Link #202
lightl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
As far as getting around Japan-only website locks, I am not currently aware of one.
just use a jp proxy server should get you buy most of blocks
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 00:09   Link #203
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Finished!

That was really good. I can't wait for the full version now.

Spoilers for the whole demo, don't click unless you've either a) finished the demo yourself or b) don't care about spoilers for whatever reason.

Spoiler:
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 00:13   Link #204
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I won't click through the spoilers, but just checking, what day does the demo finish? It seems like it's fairly lengthy...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 00:16   Link #205
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I won't click through the spoilers, but just checking, what day does the demo finish? It seems like it's fairly lengthy...
October 15th is the last day, followed by an extra scene from a future day (they don't say which).
Old 2010-06-28, 02:36   Link #206
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Finished!

That was really good. I can't wait for the full version now.

Spoilers for the whole demo, don't click unless you've either a) finished the demo yourself or b) don't care about spoilers for whatever reason.

Spoiler:
Now I wanna read this... I've never played through a Key game before, but this sounds very interesting.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 02:44   Link #207
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
As far as route writing goes, I'm not sure how they're going to divide them. Lucia is almost definitely Ryuukishi considering the writing style, and I would be surprised if he wasn't doing Akane as well with all the witchiness and the magic vs tricks stuff - seems like it'd be completely his style.
Oh, come on, you could've got that from the FPS nut part alone .

(probably only about halfway through, but...) I'll have to agree with those character rankings, with the big exception of Shizuru, whose character type just bores me to no end : P.

But I'll cut to the bulk of my impressions so far: Yoshino is just...love. Seriously, all of my favorite scenes so far somehow involve him and/or his Engrish. (outlaws on the flat cart, woohoo! ...hey wait!) You just can't help but feel sorry for the crazy guy, sometimes. It's probably going to be the Yoshino bad end first for me ! *fujoshi dash*

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 07:16   Link #208
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
As far as route writing goes, I'm not sure how they're going to divide them. Lucia is almost definitely Ryuukishi considering the writing style, and I would be surprised if he wasn't doing Akane as well with all the witchiness and the magic vs tricks stuff - seems like it'd be completely his style.
Are you sure about Akane? I'm quite convinced that Romeo has written the parts with her judging from the text. She's also the most scientific minded character in there which pretty much falls under his normal style.

Lucia's parts is without a doubt written by Ryuukichi and I'm also quite sure that Kotori's are written by Romeo. That would leave Shizuru's and Chihaya's that I would guess are written by Tonogawa.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 10:39   Link #209
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
Are you sure about Akane? I'm quite convinced that Romeo has written the parts with her judging from the text. She's also the most scientific minded character in there which pretty much falls under his normal style.

Lucia's parts is without a doubt written by Ryuukichi and I'm also quite sure that Kotori's are written by Romeo. That would leave Shizuru's and Chihaya's that I would guess are written by Tonogawa.
I'm not sure, no - especially as I'm much more familiar with Ryuukishi's writing than Romeo's or even Tonogawa's. Akane just seems like his kind of character - witches and logic, the FPS fangirl references (half of Ryuukishi's blog entries have been about his love for FPS games for a while now), etc.

Also I want to believe he wrote hers because as a Ryuukishi fan having him doing only the route of the one character I don't like would make me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
Shizuru, whose character type just bores me to no end : P.
*fujoshi dash*
Okay gotcha
Old 2010-06-28, 18:48   Link #210
ZeroBlitz

Quote:
I'm not sure, no - especially as I'm much more familiar with Ryuukishi's writing than Romeo's or even Tonogawa's. Akane just seems like his kind of character - witches and logic, the FPS fangirl references (half of Ryuukishi's blog entries have been about his love for FPS games for a while now), etc.

Also I want to believe he wrote hers because as a Ryuukishi fan having him doing only the route of the one character I don't like would make me sad.

Okay gotcha
Read Cross Channel and you'll be a Romeo Tanaka fan soon enough. He was hired because of CC so it's probably best to read that before Rewrite.
ZeroBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 21:07   Link #211
kyosak
poo

Well that was just about the longest demo I've ever played, lol.
Can't wait for the game to come out now... Ugh I hate waiting. ><

Spoiler for not spoiler just long:
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 22:32   Link #212
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I want to play the demo now too buu >.< I like how people are writing more in this than Kudo XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 04:20   Link #213
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I want to play the demo now too buu >.< I like how people are writing more in this than Kudo XD
I think we were all expecting this to be a quick demo like what Little Busters! was and decided to read it all first; but were then pleasantly surprised by the length of it.

I'll get to Kud Wafter after I'm done with this.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:05   Link #214
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Who were the seiyuus for which characters again?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:37   Link #215
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Who were the seiyuus for which characters again?
We don't know, hasn't been revealed.
Old 2010-06-29, 20:00   Link #216
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

I'm pretty sure that Akane is voiced by Eri Kitamura if my ears are correct.

The music in this game is so good. I have the BGMs if anyone is interested.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 22:14   Link #217
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Akane is voiced by Eri Kitamura if my ears are correct.

The music in this game is so good. I have the BGMs if anyone is interested.
Does Eri Kitamura have an eroge alias? Well, sankaku says that Izumi Maki is Kotori and Agumi Oto is Akane. Which doesn't sound right as I can almost recognise Agumi's voice anywhere, and it does NOT sound like her.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 22:52   Link #218
Okagamin

Hope I'm not invading a club or anything by posting here.

Though I don't have much to say, I guess I just wanted to comment on how I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far for this. Granted, all I've seen are the spoilers posted in the thread, wikipedia info and merely an intro on youtube, the whole project just seems very non-Key-ish.

Not that I consider that a bad thing, but I must say I'm curious to see how Tanaka and Ryukishi will contribute their respective scenario elements (Specifically how Ryukishi will implement his style) into the mostly drama heavy with light tones of supernatural elements we've seen from Maeda in the past.

Also, philosophyz is just an incredibly amazing song. Lots of energy, a great combination of instruments, fantastic vocals that have this sort of haunting and frightening feel to them while keeping a very 'serious' tone if you will... I'm just really really impressed.

Now if only I could read japanese and had a JP OS for Windows, I'd check out the demo in a heartbeat. D:
Okagamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 23:40   Link #219
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okagamin View Post
Hope I'm not invading a club or anything by posting here.

Though I don't have much to say, I guess I just wanted to comment on how I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far for this. Granted, all I've seen are the spoilers posted in the thread, wikipedia info and merely an intro on youtube, the whole project just seems very non-Key-ish.

Not that I consider that a bad thing, but I must say I'm curious to see how Tanaka and Ryukishi will contribute their respective scenario elements (Specifically how Ryukishi will implement his style) into the mostly drama heavy with light tones of supernatural elements we've seen from Maeda in the past.

Also, philosophyz is just an incredibly amazing song. Lots of energy, a great combination of instruments, fantastic vocals that have this sort of haunting and frightening feel to them while keeping a very 'serious' tone if you will... I'm just really really impressed.

Now if only I could read japanese and had a JP OS for Windows, I'd check out the demo in a heartbeat. D:
Club or not, you are invited to partake in the discussion, I'm sure.

And yea, with Maeda not writing the story, the game will definitely have a different style than what Key has presented us with before.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 23:44   Link #220
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Does Eri Kitamura have an eroge alias?
Why would she need an alias? This isn't even an eroge.

I'm pretty good at recognizing voices... I'll run through a bit of the game and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okagamin View Post
Granted, all I've seen are the spoilers posted in the thread, wikipedia info and merely an intro on youtube, the whole project just seems very non-Key-ish.
Which I consider to be a very good thing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel