AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 00:48   Link #741
Jaden

The biggest plot hole is that a hardcore fighting game is being played on a touchscreen!
Old 2012-12-14, 02:59   Link #742
CJ_Walker

8:33 episode 9 Sister_Braun = nae?
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 05:57   Link #743
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Ok, I throw what I've said about Tagiringer out the window. Kai doesn't know for sure who it is, but he thinks it's Misa.
It makes slightly more sense if he doesn't actually know who Tagiringer is. If he did, he shouldn't have been surprised. But now that we know that he is just guessing who Tagiringer is, I guess it's possible that in episode 4 he only had realized it for the first time. Though this would only really make sense if the name itself reminded him something. Maybe having fighted him/her recently made him connect the dots.

I'm still not convinced that it's Misa. I'm more of the idea that the first three are AI, and the fourth might be an AI programmed by Misa or based on Misa.

The monopole came literally out of the blue, I thought monopoles were supposed to be small particles. Besides I still have no idea what's the principle behind the theory that a magnetic monopole can produce energy. Why is it even electrically charged?

Anyway this is yet another thing that seems to point to aliens. How else sending a message to the sky can make monopoles drop? Well it's preposterous anyway, on the level of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. It would be really funny if that will turn out to be a galactic monopole delivery system.

By the way, what exactly did they do with that monopole? I hope they didn't simply leave it there.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 12:52   Link #744
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 10 - Blue Blue Blue Fixer

Aki's "robots of love and justice" mindset is one of the best things I've seen in this season. The discussion about tech specs was exciting enough that it served more to build on the characters, rather than just taking over the entire show - and the idea of using the iPad thing to "project" a Gunvarrel skin is pretty inspired. Most super robot shows introduce a second robot at some point or another, so the introduction of GunBuild-2 looks like something Aki's willing to accept, if a little uneasily. This also means more Nae screentime, yay! I like where this is going.

I am curious if the robot club is going to monopoleize their new discovery. Like Subaru said, one is clearly not enough to power a robot, but if they send it to Nae and ask her to keep it secret, maybe that's all the monopoley they need. Though transporting that thing might require some special gear. If it shocks one upon being touched... that's kinda dangerous.

The cliffhanger was also rather intriguing. Airi is linked to the reports, sure, but she hasn't done anything wrong, exactly. Yet.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 14:07   Link #745
ookamigirl

GunPro-1 needs a lot of work..
Aki's curiosity was totally LOL
That monopole thing could be the solution they need.
It's good they discussed a new version.
Hope they have more luck with it.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 14:23   Link #746
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
No much happened in this episode, but it was still good. At least Aki was being cute and we got more of Nae.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 15:34   Link #747
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
8:33 episode 9 Sister_Braun = nae?
Huh? You mean the scene where Aki was sending a message to her sister?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 16:00   Link #748
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Huh? You mean the scene where Aki was sending a message to her sister?
No, the scene when Kaito views a massage from Akiho when he is with Frau Kojiro.
In that scene there is three massages, one from Akiho, one from Sister_Braun and last one from Neidhart(spelling?).
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:35   Link #749
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
No, the scene when Kaito views a massage from Akiho when he is with Frau Kojiro.
In that scene there is three massages, one from Akiho, one from Sister_Braun and last one from Neidhart(spelling?).
I saw a screencap from that scene (it's different from the one I took) and the poster said that Sister Braun was one of Okabe's nicknames for Nae in S;G so I think it's her.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 00:33   Link #750
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It makes slightly more sense if he doesn't actually know who Tagiringer is. If he did, he shouldn't have been surprised. But now that we know that he is just guessing who Tagiringer is, I guess it's possible that in episode 4 he only had realized it for the first time. Though this would only really make sense if the name itself reminded him something. Maybe having fighted him/her recently made him connect the dots.

I'm still not convinced that it's Misa. I'm more of the idea that the first three are AI, and the fourth might be an AI programmed by Misa or based on Misa.

The monopole came literally out of the blue, I thought monopoles were supposed to be small particles. Besides I still have no idea what's the principle behind the theory that a magnetic monopole can produce energy. Why is it even electrically charged?

Anyway this is yet another thing that seems to point to aliens. How else sending a message to the sky can make monopoles drop? Well it's preposterous anyway, on the level of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. It would be really funny if that will turn out to be a galactic monopole delivery system.

By the way, what exactly did they do with that monopole? I hope they didn't simply leave it there.
You normally can create an electric field (ie electricity) by moving metal within a magnetic field; basic mechanics of a generator. The question is how a monopole enters into this because its just half of a field. You could say that the outside world is the other side of the field, but how that works to create "MOAR POWAH" is a mystery to me.

Just did a quick google search and monopoles are sometimes associated with zero point or vacuum energy, so there is that...
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 09:34   Link #751
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
You normally can create an electric field (ie electricity) by moving metal within a magnetic field;
Yeah but that simply acts as an energy converter (mechanical -> electric), it doesn't produce energy on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Just did a quick google search and monopoles are sometimes associated with zero point or vacuum energy, so there is that...
As far as I know anything has a zero point energy. And vacuum energy is the zero point energy of all the fields in space.

Old 2012-12-15, 20:23   Link #752
qwertsage

Why aren't we questioning why a monopole fell out of the sky?
qwertsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 21:43   Link #753
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertsage View Post
Because it's too abnormal to explain . We could guess the reason is related to the transmission but it's still doesn't explain a thing. And if it's not the first time someone should already have a nice hidden collection .
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 22:32   Link #754
qwertsage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
Because it's too abnormal to explain . We could guess the reason is related to the transmission but it's still doesn't explain a thing. And if it's not the first time someone should already have a nice hidden collection .
Even so it feels like we're putting the cart in front of the horse, as the expression goes. What do you mean by nice hidden collection?
qwertsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 22:42   Link #755
Algent

Well logically it shouldn't be the first one to drop (as if it's not lucky enough to see that) and since the area isn't restricted either they despawn after a time of someone is collecting them.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 03:25   Link #756
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertsage View Post
I said it, it's aliens.
After all in a classic robot anime there must be some kind of alien force from space coming to invade the earth.
Except Robotics;Notes seems to mimic the classics in a more realistic and less climatic manner. So you need to guess how they will deal with that trope.

I dunno, maybe aliens will turn out to be very nice people.

Old 2012-12-17, 02:46   Link #757
Entravity

Good stuff. Finally Aki puts aside her dream. Monopoles offer some nice foreshadowing as well.
Old 2012-12-17, 09:43   Link #758
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entravity View Post
Finally Aki puts aside her dream.
Not really. She's just channeling it another direction, and using this new robot as a stepping stone towards making GB-1 better. If anything, her dream seems stronger now.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 10:11   Link #759
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Not really. She's just channeling it another direction, and using this new robot as a stepping stone towards making GB-1 better. If anything, her dream seems stronger now.
Why does she insist of backtracking to GunPro-1 when she could move up to GunPro-3 after GunPro-2?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 10:37   Link #760
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Why does she insist of backtracking to GunPro-1 when she could move up to GunPro-3 after GunPro-2?
Because she wants to complete the very same project that the previous robotic club led by her sister started. By creating another robot from scratch she feels like she is doing something different.

Of course there are quite a few things that one could say about that. For instance that her sister's dream maybe wasn't necessarily to create that particular robot but a 10 meters tall robot in general, or that if her sister's dream was really to create a specific robot, then she had changed it already anyway.
But Aki isn't really being rational, which is why she clashes often with Subaru who thinks like a cold machine. I guess that what really matters to her is to use the physical object (the half body of the gun-pro1) that was left from the previous club, even if rationally it shouldn't matter.

Tags
science fiction