5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.94%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-26, 06:18   Link #21
K30nu

So then rustal will die in mika's hand ...
K30nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:31   Link #22
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Damn. Hush is dead. I grew to like the character, which is a big thing for me considering I HATED him for the first 5-10 episodes of the season.

Gaelio is going to turn face now, right? I think those "special equipment" that Rustal talked about would be so inhumane that Gaelio would turn on him, pilot Bael, and bring Rustal down. With Julieta sent to the surface, and Bael dominating the grunt units, I think Bael, even damaged, can handle Rustal's remaining units. Gaelio eventually becomes the one to turn GH around.

And speaking of Bael, damn McG, that's some nice piloting there. Were was that earlier?
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:36   Link #23
Azurial

im guessing Gjarllahorn will win this with war cause there is no way Tekkadan is gonna survive i guess the survivor member will live but those who are fighting will die even if Turbine manage to help them in time and next episode now space battle . so the end will probably be all the surviving Tekkadan member will reach earth with the help of Turbine and have their identity change and Mika,Eugene, Dante, Akihiro....etc will die

lucky old man getting a fine ass and tits yea im was surprise cause usually in gundam series usaully the one whose getting girl are the ms pilot or captain not mechanics XD. but somehow the old man just give away his deathflag on that line.

Okada still on character killing campaign cause didnt expect Hush to die i thought Lafter MS will act on its own to save him from that attack i guess i was wrong

Rustal and assface Nobliss people needs to die and Idiok too so now Macky is dead also Gaelio is confuse after hearing Macky intention im betting he is the one who will kill Rustal and rebuild Gjarllahorn
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:41   Link #24
prototype_sky

So what will be the final match up now Mika versus Juli? Has Sunrise ever kill the Main Pilot before this shows ending will be so salty if Mika goes down to her in an updated version of that new system Mika better take her out as well at least.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:43   Link #25
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Yeah, no way they can kill off Rustal, Julietta, Iok and Nobliss all in the last episode. Though I'll be glad for once they prove me wrong

I'm hoping too that McGillis' death pays off in terms of some character development for Gaelio, specifically, summoning the guts to kill off Rustal and reform Gjallarhorn for good. Though I'm not that optimistic on that front too
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:45   Link #26
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
And speaking of Bael, damn McG, that's some nice piloting there. Were was that earlier?
From the dialogues, he was "chained" with the responsibility of leading the revolution during the first battle. There was a reason why he told everyone to get off his ship before facing against Rustal again this round.

Without anyone to worry about, he's able to go all-out. In other words, he wants a proper setting before channeling his "inner Mikazuki"

....Or well, that's how I saw it.
Old 2017-03-26, 06:47   Link #27
ReddyRedWolf

After watching this episode it does feel like a Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One. Bad guys win for now but there still a new hope.

If they are going to pull a Seed like sub-franchise I can see Kudelia and Tekkadan be important figures in the rebellion against Gjallarhorn.

I can see Rustal to prevent any resistance against him dissolve the power blocs. Banning AV altogether as well. Power Blocs and the outer sphere unite to overthrow Gjallarhorn.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:50   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow.....that heartfelt outburst from Gali & McG.......It’s almost like the spirit of Char & Garma possessed them to confess their feelings toward each other post-death. This is a well-done “what if” scenario between Char(clone) & Garma(clone). Kudos to Nagai-kada for it. Oh, and this episode further confirms that McGillis is a flawed man who actually can feel compassion but he rejected all that for his vengeance and ideal. Truly a good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Well, yeah, I was right, Orga died for Mika's so called character development, hahaha. TTGL carbon copy, to a t.

And even after this some people are still in denial about character assassinations all over the place and the show going downhill fast. It could've been a really good Gundam, yet at this point even Destiny is starting to look better, at least it never pretended to be anything other than the trainwreck it was.

Gakkari da wa.
It sure is easy to just label anybody who is on the opposing side of your opinion as "in denial" instead of engaging in proper argument.

Anyway, about your claim “TTGL carbon copy, to a t”: No, not really. We already knew that every notable chara surrounding Tekkadan who knew Orga for some time will automatically have character development after a prominent figure like Orga died. I said as much in the previous episode thread (you can quote me on that). Does Mika’s character development mirror Shimon so much? Not really. Mika doesn’t become the leader of Tekkadan this episode. Heck, he didn’t even lead Tekkadan’s entire army. He’s basically still become the head of Commando unit like he always did since the start of season 2. His “speech” when he gathered all Tekkie members on the field is not so much as him talking as a leader who replaced Orga, but still as Mika the ultimate ace of Tekkadan. He encourage others to keep on living instead of blinded by revenge but still with his own way and that is: threatening anyone who defy Orga’s last order. You can even see his raging eyes when he was talking revealing his suppressed fury. Mika is doing good in this desperate time in the absense of Orga as you can expect from someone who gave sound advise to Kudelia when it’s really needed as she was hesitating back in S1 whether or not to sign a deal with McMurdo and Orga wasn’t there. The consistency is still there.

With Mika not leading Tekkadan, that job is now carried by Eugene. I love Eugene. Let’s hope he can survive this ordeal, but with Arianrhod still has many troops & MSs to spare, things are looking grim for Tekkie members who are fighting on the battlefield right now. And if Rustal keep on being smart and not being triggered to land on Mars, I think he can survive this. Maybe IBO will end like Star Wars: Rogue One. Speaking of Rustal, it’s pretty ballsy of him letting the fight between Gali & McG continues without disturbance. He was literally playing with his life out there. Maybe he came to like Gali so much.

Also about Nobliss, I was right that at this moment, there is no benefit whatsoever in helping Kudelia & Tekkadan while on the other hand, if he helped Arianrhod he’s basically can get a free pass from the top party of Gjallarhorn to go on with his arms dealings. It’s very understandable that he will do everything for Rustal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Even Bael couldn't handle a full volley of dainsleifs.
Old 2017-03-26, 07:09   Link #29
Veriselle

This episode is kind of a roller coaster

Another homage to gurren lagann with mika's "orga is dead" speech but with grim tone and heavy atmosphere, nice though. Already found parodies on the net

Hush dead is unexpected. I already called him augus family butler that will serve mika kid in the future but apparently not LOL now who's gonna bet mika kid will be a twin named orga and hush

Mcgillis also done, at least he got closure with gaelio. His increased perfomance in bael is because his right hand finally healed from almiria's knife attack (remember several ep before?). And almiria grown some spine, if this series become a franchise I can expect her to be like haman karn or mineva later

In the other hand nooo system ein is destroyed gaelio said goodbye to his buddy
Veriselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:13   Link #30
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Am I the only one who felt that the whole Gaelio vs McGillis felt rushed? First of all the action was pretty boring, I have seen better animation in this series and Bael throwing away one of his swords when he could have a better chance? But this is a small issue, the problem I have is how the writer seems to have butchered McGillis as a character and how rushed the whole Gaelio vs McGillis conflict was.

Firstly, ever since McGillis’s back story have been revealed, I am afraid that he will turn out to be this person who is just doing it to gain power. And as episodes passed, he seems to transform from a shrewd mastermind to become someone else entirely; McGillis’s brilliance seems to stop at the point where he controlled Bael. It can be logically explained that McGillis is so obsessed with Agnika Kaieru that he failed to forsee the possibility where the Seven Stars would defy Bael and not join hands with him. But it doesn’t seem to fair to downgrade his character to someone who is missing the brilliance that he had for ľ of the series. All the suspense about McGillis taking time to plan stuff was revealed only to be him being given a chance to go on his ship.. I got to admit, it does sounds like the strategy of someone who thinks of only absolute power and strength. But in this path I felt that his character got butchered and got denied the chance to show off the mastermind-y version of McGillis that was there for 4/5 of the series.

Lastly, I am quite surprised at how rushed the whole Gaelio vs McGillis conflict was. For a character who has been hyped up since the start of the series, it is actually quite surprising at how the scene wasn’t as emotional and dramatic as I thought it to be. It feels like the show is rushing to move to the final scenes of the episode. What’s even more surprising that it seems like redemption (?) for Gaelio? I always thought that Gaeolio was past redemption when he was too engrossed about revenge and turning a blind eye to the problems of the current Gjallarhorn. It does feels unsatisfactory but I wonder if he will have a change of heart and become the next leader of Gjallarhorn by killing Rustal, it would be weird for him to kill Rustal though.

With only one episode left I wonder how will everything be tied up. There is too little time to tie up so many plot points: Tekkadan’s final fight on Mars, the end (?) of Rustal Elion and Nobliss, the fall/revamp of Gjallarhorn, the end (?) of Iok and Kudelia’s rise to prominence. While I understand that IBO is a character driven story about Tekkadan rather than plot focused story, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth if the fall/revamp of Gjallarhorn happens in the epilogue considering so much time is invested in it. I always thought that Iok will be sentenced for his war crimes in court on Earth after the fall of Rustal Elion. But I doubt it will be happening.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:13   Link #31
Irenesharda

I like how most people mocked McGillis' promise to "Never betray Tekkadan or Orga". And how in the end, he never did. Even when Orga, who was understandably desperate, wavered on his end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
From the dialogues, he was "chained" with the responsibility of leading the revolution during the first battle. There was a reason why he told everyone to get off his ship before facing against Rustal again this round.

Without anyone to worry about, he's able to go all-out. In other words, he wants a proper setting before channeling his "inner Mikazuki"

....Or well, that's how I saw it.
McGillis' inner Mika?

Yeah, I can see that. I mean, at think he knew after he helped Tekkadan get away last episode that he knew he was never going to see them again, which is why he gave them a fond "farewell" and made the comment that he will always be a lone wolf.
He's a wolf like they are, but he's too set in his ways to belong to a pack.

So when he went out there, he wasn't planning to come back. This was basically his last stand and he was going to take as many of Rustal's people as he could with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
After watching this episode it does feel like a Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One. Bad guys win for now but there still a new hope.
If they had enough material to do a third season, I would have actually called this their "Empire Strikes Back" season, as Gjallarhorn brought down the hammer on them all, but their was still hope going forward. I'm not sure how this is going to end, but I hope that everyone does get their just desserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Even Bael couldn't handle a full volley of dainsleifs.
Actually, I think it could. For all their punching power, dainsleif ammo can only move in a straight line. Plus if you're not too big, there are big enough holes in their volley set up that you can avoid getting hit.

Also, we see here that Bael is hecka fast. I think that it could move out of range really quickly. In fact I think that was exactly what Macky did in the major battle when he got surprised by the daisleifs coming straight at him. He simply evaded. There is plenty of space to go up or down in to avoid them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:17   Link #32
akumaten

Now both uncles/godfathers (Orga and Hush) are now dead. Fuck you Gjhalahorn.
Godspeed Hush. You did catch up in your own way, the right way.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:23   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Lastly, I am quite surprised at how rushed the whole Gaelio vs McGillis conflict was. For a character who has been hyped up since the start of the series, it is actually quite surprising at how the scene wasn’t as emotional and dramatic as I thought it to be. It feels like the show is rushing to move to the final scenes of the episode.
I don't feel the rush because there's really nothing much to Gaelio's revenge in the first place. Basically, Gali just want to wait until McG revealed his true intention (which understandably happened late in the story), expose him and then kill him. That's it. And throughout this season, Gali has directly confronted McG three times and that's plenty enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
What’s even more surprising that it seems like redemption (?) for Gaelio? I always thought that Gaeolio was past redemption when he was too engrossed about revenge and turning a blind eye to the problems of the current Gjallarhorn. It does feels unsatisfactory but I wonder if he will have a change of heart and become the next leader of Gjallarhorn by killing Rustal, it would be weird for him to kill Rustal though.
I don't think it was meant for redemption. We're shown how Gaelio crying during this ordeal, and it's crushing him too inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, I think it could. For all their punching power, dainsleif ammo can only move in a straight line. Plus if you're not too big, there are big enough holes in their volley set up that you can avoid getting hit.

Also, we see here that Bael is hecka fast. I think that it could move out of range really quickly. In fact I think that was exactly what Macky did in the major battle when he got surprised by the daisleifs coming straight at him. He simply evaded. There is plenty of space to go up or down in to avoid them.
I don't know, pal. Not even Amida can get past through Iok's defenses, and we all know Iok is a tard and Rustal is a lot more organized and smarter (except for Shino's suicide attack that almost screwed him).
Old 2017-03-26, 07:35   Link #34
darkone45

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssh :t_t
Why did you die ?!!! Your job was to be a wifu protector its not fair
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:35   Link #35
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Dammit Nobliss Gordon, he ordered his men to kill Orga Itsuka. And honestly though, that old bastard is gonna benefit for this conflict in the end!

Meanwhile, it's sucks that McGills Fareed didn't carry out his attempt to kill Rustal Elion if it wasn't for that shrapnel that stuck in his belly, coupled with Gaelio Bauduin that sealed McGills' fate. Looks like the revolution is dead!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:36   Link #36
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

I don't know, pal. Not even Amida can get past through Iok's defenses, and we all know Iok is a tard and Rustal is a lot more organized and smarter (except for Shino's suicide attack that almost screwed him).
I think Bael is faster than Amida's mech. Also, if you remember, she was heading straight at Iok's ship and not even trying to evade. Also, as much as I absolutely love Amida, I think McGillis was a better pilot as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 08:14   Link #37
Alf

Mika stepping up isn't unexpected, but that speech is simple and powerful, as if that was how Agnika had united his forces. He is also being drawned as more like adult than before as a sign of truely taking up leadership. This seems to be portrayed as the "correct" use of brute force. Contrasting to that, McGillis seems to be shown as the case of wrong use of brute force.

While it might seem like TTGL in some way, what is actually happening here is completely different. TTGL wasn't the first to do similar scenes anyway.

Hush is dead. I've always liked this young man, it's sad to see him go, especially at this timing as I was expecting him to become the next generation ace.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 08:45   Link #38
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Poor Almiria. I really think that she's up there with the rest of Tekkadan that's suffering at the moment.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 08:47   Link #39
Key Board
Carbon

In TTGL that plot twist happened early, not at the end
and said protagonist had to grow and sit into his new role
here, it seems that Mika was the real power behind throne all along

On another note I am wondering where they are going with the ending.
I get the feeling the show is trying to preach that "might does not make right", but.. hmm. something is off
It feels what they are saying is instead, that the antagonist played the "might makes right" game better than they did.
Which I suppose is McGillis's statement?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 09:09   Link #40
Knight_SV

what an episode....

i'm not gonna surprised in the end gaelio didn't do anything even after the talk from mcgillis and rustal still win. nobliss and iok getting away from their crime. but tekkadan able to goe to earth and change their identity
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote