AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-02-05, 19:42   Link #181
Sasha

I just finished reading Snow Moutain Syndrome.

I have a question I don't understand and would like to hear people's opinions.

Spoiler:
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 02:36   Link #182
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Meh, my thoughts on it . . . spoilers for volumes 6 and 7!

Spoiler:

So basically, I think it's not that Mikuru's acting stupid, but that Itsuki, Yuki, and Kyon are acting too smart. Itsuki is well-informed by a shadowy organization with contacts and sources everywhere (as revelations show in volumes 7 and 8), and has his own powers to back it up (besides his closed-space powers, I think there's enough evidence to prove he has other psychic abilities related to Haruhi). And Yuki, we all know she's capable of a ton of stuff. Kyon, while lacking abilities, is not without resources, as he can ask either Itsuki or Yuki for explanations as to the situation. Mikuru, on the other hand, is afraid of asking those two, and is unable to get a response from her own superiors.

Besides, if it weren't for Yuki and Itsuki leading him around, Kyon would probably be just as lost as Mikuru...

Last edited by Mirrinus; 2007-02-26 at 20:40.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 22:26   Link #183
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

>シリーズ最新作「涼宮ハルヒの分裂」3月31日発売

( ・ω・ )ホホゥー

Seems like we're finally going to get a new Haruhi novel volume soon. But it seems that the volume title won't be 涼宮ハルヒの奔走, as rumored earlier, but 涼宮ハルヒの分裂 (Suzumiya Haruhi no Bunretsu) (Suzumiya Haruhi's Break Up/Division) instead.

The novel appears to be scheduled for a March 31st release.
*looks at my vol.8 colophon*
(Heisei 18 (2006) May 1st, First print published)
I can't be believe it has almost been a year since the last volume.

related links:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/keyword/%CE%C3...CE%CA%AC%CE%F6
(Hatena entry on Bunretsu. The beginning of a new school year)
http://www.broccoli.co.jp/news/0702/...s_sneaker.html
(Gamers' product entry on the April issue of "The Sneakers", with mentions of an included bonus of a replacement book cover featuring Itou Noizi's original illustration for the newest novel volume)
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 22:41   Link #184
myopius

Excellent, it's good to finally have that info down. New title sounds dramatic, I hope it doesn't mean that the novels will be wrapping up soon (like, if it was the SOS Brigade that broke up...)--it seemed to me like they're just starting to get interesting with all the development in volume 7, but I retain the fear that Tanigawa could decide not to flesh out every detail of the whole fictional universe of the novels and get tired of writing more Haruhi-related stories... Well, just another month or so until we see how things look as far as that's concerned, then.

Edit: Speculation:

The way I see it, this novel was called both Honsou and Bunretsu, right? So both of those should apply to it, unless they're not as concentric to the plot as they should be (the Melancholy & Disappearance & Intrigues certainly were, IMO). I Google'd Honsou (not the best translator, I admit, especially when it could use different kanji, or what have you ...) and the first result stated, "Honsou” means to run around everywhere or to scramble for, so that things will turn out all right." Perhaps something happens which splits up something, and then it's necessary to run around trying to fix it? The way I read "honsou" as it's described (specifically, the "run around everywhere" part), I'd also be tempted to speculate that multiple, perhaps somewhat isolated occurrences cause that thing to be split up in many different ways. Thus my theory is: different issues involving different SOS brigade members occur around the same time, probably many at once at least in part, and Kyon & Haruhi (unless she's also affected? but usually they would have a plot arc just centered around her, I'd imagine, if they were to have one at all... where by "they" I just mean Tanigawa of course) have to run around and try to resolve the issues (Haruhi not necessarily knowing all of what's going on).

Last edited by myopius; 2007-02-23 at 03:48.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:11   Link #185
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Yay! I wonder if it'll be a new arc... short stories are OK, but I would like to see more plot advancement.

Waiting for the translation will feel like an eternity (winks @ Baka-Tsuki) .

EDIT: I've been thinking, what is the use for the japanese word Bunretsu; physical division? Or maybe the SOS-dan will break up!

Even better; Haruhi becomes two Haruhis! One tsun-tsun and one dere-dere!

Last edited by Nemo_N; 2007-02-23 at 00:59.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 01:37   Link #186
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Yay! I wonder if it'll be a new arc... short stories are OK, but I would like to see more plot advancement.

Waiting for the translation will feel like an eternity (winks @ Baka-Tsuki) .

EDIT: I've been thinking, what is the use for the japanese word Bunretsu; physical division? Or maybe the SOS-dan will break up!

Even better; Haruhi becomes two Haruhis! One tsun-tsun and one dere-dere!
There weren't any new Haruhi short-stories being serialized on The Sneaker as of late, and considering the series track record, I'd say chances are good that Bunretsu will be a single long-story volume similar to Inbou (vol.7).

All the suggestion you mentioned have all been suggested by speculating Japanese fans as well. Right now, possible implications of Bunretsu include:
1. SOS-dan splitting
2. Haruhi splitting into two persons (lol)
3. The volume itself splitting into two books (rofl)
Old 2007-02-23, 03:31   Link #187
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
...I'd say chances are good that Bunretsu will be a single long-story volume similar to Inbou (vol.7).
Awesome. More arc = WIN.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 03:47   Link #188
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I don't know... for a 'split' that I thought of has already happened, and Kyon's still alright, more or less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyon, vol6
It looks like that if I don't think of something, SOS Brigade will spawn an oversea division sooner or later. I hope that the situation then won't become totally uncontrollable- I say this to myself, in the depths of my ears, with my deficient language skills.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 00:18   Link #189
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOON PHASE
「涼宮ハルヒ」最新巻は上下巻構成で、第9巻『涼宮ハルヒの分裂』が4月1日発売、第10巻『涼宮ハルヒの 驚愕』も間を置かずに刊行予定。
"Suzumiya Haruhi's newest issue will consist of two volumes, with volume 9 "Suzumiya Haruhi no Bunretsu" (bunretsu = separation/division) going on sale April 1st, while volume 10 "Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku" (kyougaku = surprise/shock) is also expected to be released immediately after."

Sounds interesting, but why April 1st of all days? ^^;
Old 2007-02-26, 09:33   Link #190
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
cover of volume9

Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 09:53   Link #191
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
Assuming the Moonphase info is correct, I am almost certain the volume 10 cover would feature Kyon, reaching his hand out to meet Haruhi's.
Old 2007-02-26, 10:09   Link #192
typhonsentra

You know, I've always preferred the way she's drawn in the show... by far.

By the way, notice her hair's a bit longer than normal on this cover?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 11:02   Link #193
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
You know, I've always preferred the way she's drawn in the show... by far.

a hint for ponytail ???
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 11:19   Link #194
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Maybe Kyon accidentally kissed Tsuruya-san on the forehead? ^_^
Old 2007-02-26, 11:24   Link #195
Woland
Latin Rascal

Well but... 1st April still worry me a lot...

It's a safe day in Japan?
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 11:37   Link #196
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
cover of volume9
Actually, that appears to be the replacement cover mentioned over at Gamer's page, which was included as a bonus with the April issue of The Sneaker. So the real "normal" vol.9 cover should be different?

Also, MOON PHASE was just updated again with some general spoilers from vol.9 (I didn't want to read it myself, but my eyes just landed on them when the page loaded, damn it). I'll put them here, but don't read unless you don't mind being spoiled.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-02-26 at 11:59.
Old 2007-02-26, 11:51   Link #197
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
She cut it back in September. Hair grows quite a bit in six months
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 12:49   Link #198
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Actually, that appears to be the replacement cover mentioned over at Gamer's page, which was included as a bonus with the April issue of The Sneaker. So the real "normal" vol.9 cover should be different?

Also, MOON PHASE was just updated again with some general spoilers from vol.9 (I didn't want to read it myself, but my eyes just landed on them when the page loaded, damn it). I'll put them here, but don't read unless you don't mind being spoiled.
Spoiler:
If those spoilers end up being true, then... Wow. That answers a big question.
Old 2007-02-26, 13:51   Link #199
myopius

Man, from the titles it seems like the series is reaching a major point which could signify the beginning of the end (probably not the end itself I'd guess, right? last volume being "Surprise/Shock" seems melodramatic). Of course that could be completely incorrect but don't say if it is because I don't want to read that spoiler for volume 9. And on that note:

Guess it's time to stop hanging out on IRC as I don't want to read that spoiler for volume 9.

Anyway, in spite of heightening my fears that Suzumiya Haruhi novels won't be continuing on in completely expected directions for the next three decades with these titles, this announcement just really gave me a jolt of excitement. Hmm, I wonder if season 2 could include these novels? Since the two main arcs besides Melancholy (Disappearance & Intrigues) aren't as Haruhi-centric as these two upcoming ones seem (at first glance)... Nah, probably impossible due to the tight release interval and the background necessary. ...And I probably shouldn't speculate on the anime in the novel thread (why do I find myself speculating on one in the other's thread?).
Old 2007-02-27, 02:45   Link #200
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Man, from the titles it seems like the series is reaching a major point which could signify the beginning of the end (probably not the end itself I'd guess, right? last volume being "Surprise/Shock" seems melodramatic). Of course that could be completely incorrect but don't say if it is because I don't want to read that spoiler for volume 9. And on that note:

Guess it's time to stop hanging out on IRC as I don't want to read that spoiler for volume 9.

Anyway, in spite of heightening my fears that Suzumiya Haruhi novels won't be continuing on in completely expected directions for the next three decades with these titles, this announcement just really gave me a jolt of excitement. Hmm, I wonder if season 2 could include these novels? Since the two main arcs besides Melancholy (Disappearance & Intrigues) aren't as Haruhi-centric as these two upcoming ones seem (at first glance)... Nah, probably impossible due to the tight release interval and the background necessary. ...And I probably shouldn't speculate on the anime in the novel thread (why do I find myself speculating on one in the other's thread?).
Season 2 will be based around Volume 4 and Season 3 will be based around Volume 7. I'm calling it now.

No more anime speculation from me in the novel thread. *Zips mouth*

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga