AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-05, 21:06   Link #2481
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Let's see, *hopefully gets the classification right* if this goes the way we think it's gonna go, Raku's gonna add a *looks at notes* dandere into the harem? Either that or Raku's monkey faced friend will legitimately be ok with Ruri.
Old 2014-03-05, 21:40   Link #2482
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

No way Ruri's joining Raku's harem xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 21:47   Link #2483
Vezon

Hmm I don't want Ruri to join Raku harem. But I also don't like Shuu. Lets where this is headed. Maybe Ruri will have a soft spot for Shuu since he's acts like her grandfather after all.
Old 2014-03-05, 22:02   Link #2484
ices
Working Hard

Shuu confirmed for stalking Ruri
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 22:39   Link #2485
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Of course Ruri and Shuu will end up together, it's been obvious for ages xD
I do praise the author for throwing us that curve ball with Shuu loving the teacher though...that was well played.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 23:14   Link #2486
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You think the principal of the school knew about letting 3 ojous enroll and went like, STREET CRED BITCHES!
Old 2014-03-06, 00:17   Link #2487
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
You think the principal of the school knew about letting 3 ojous enroll and went like, STREET CRED BITCHES!
Was it ever mentioned whether the school was a state/public school or private school? If it was a Private School, it might actually explain the abundance of Ojous. I wouldn't be surprised if Onodera turns out to be one of the poorest students in class, in a school full of very rich children. If that's the case, it's probably not surprising that no-one bats an eye when Raku goes to school with what is essentially an Honor guard of Yakuza, and why Raku is treated like a normal student. Because the school is full of people of similar levels of wealth and influence in comparison to Raku's family.

Now, I wonder whether Shuu is secretly a billionaire heir, or belongs to a politically influential family..... and his goofiness and trollish nature is his way of running away from the pressures and social expectations of being an heir. Speculation, speculation.....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 01:54   Link #2488
Death Usagi
Banned

I am sure their school is just a normal high school, according to Chitoge's mom that is...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 02:11   Link #2489
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Was it ever mentioned whether the school was a state/public school or private school? If it was a Private School, it might actually explain the abundance of Ojous. I wouldn't be surprised if Onodera turns out to be one of the poorest students in class, in a school full of very rich children. If that's the case, it's probably not surprising that no-one bats an eye when Raku goes to school with what is essentially an Honor guard of Yakuza, and why Raku is treated like a normal student. Because the school is full of people of similar levels of wealth and influence in comparison to Raku's family.

Now, I wonder whether Shuu is secretly a billionaire heir, or belongs to a politically influential family..... and his goofiness and trollish nature is his way of running away from the pressures and social expectations of being an heir. Speculation, speculation.....
I'm not really sure whether it got stated otherwise in the later chapters but right in chap1, other students did seem to mind seeing Raku going to school on a limo and surrounded by yakuza.
And if everyone had family of that ridiculous level of wealth, then why the hell would Chitoge want to hide her identity at first!?
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 02:50   Link #2490
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

it's Ruri's chapter!!!

finally it's time for my favorite pairing in this series (Ruri X Shuu)
although Raku is playing well as a pro-fake-lover

never expect we would actually see Ruri's cute face and moment
trolling grandpa is the best
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 02:52   Link #2491
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Komi isn't going to lose to SHAFT's on giving us Ruri fanservice.

This is what makes Komi a great mangaka different among all others

Also....damn if Ruri x Raku happens. I wanted her to be partners with Shuu
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 03:02   Link #2492
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
I'm not really sure whether it got stated otherwise in the later chapters but right in chap1, other students did seem to mind seeing Raku going to school on a limo and surrounded by yakuza.
And if everyone had family of that ridiculous level of wealth, then why the hell would Chitoge want to hide her identity at first!?
Because Chitoge's family is absurdly rich, even by the standards of the Upper class? If the School was full of children from the top 1%, Chitoge's family must be from the top 0.01%. Of course, I am trying to patch things up. There is the rich, and there is the even richer, after all.

But I still wonder whether the school is a public or private school. Or whether this is simply standard High School LN escapism, where an average, generic public high school somehow ends up with a class full of rich students.

I do think that this arc might end up as the catalyst to bring Ruri and Shuu together. On the other hand, the signs are everywhere that Ruri will fall for Raku in this arc, starting from the fact that Ruri picked Raku by the power of authorial fiat, so if this is a Ruri and Shuu arc, there has to be a twist that involves Raku somehow. I still hold by my theory that this arc would have Ruri fall for Raku, but re-direct those feelings onto Shuu, initiating another "fake romance" running in parallel to Chitoge and Raku. In turn, the breaking of the status quo between Ruri and Shuu might be a sign that the plot is ready to move on. In-fact, I wonder whether the previous arc with Haru is meant to set up a major plot arc where the harem slice of life antics gives way to plot progression. Ah... one can dream.

It makes me wonder though, what if Ruri had picked Shuu instead.
Old 2014-03-06, 03:24   Link #2493
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Was it ever mentioned whether the school was a state/public school or private school? If it was a Private School, it might actually explain the abundance of Ojous. I wouldn't be surprised if Onodera turns out to be one of the poorest students in class, in a school full of very rich children.
Private school. Public schools in Japan don't have entrance tests...which Onodera failed but managed to get in the waiting list IIRC. (Raku and the others are actually smart)

Being a private school also means some students there are rich. Parents can bribe the school for an exemption on the entrance exams.
Old 2014-03-06, 03:53   Link #2494
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Private school. Public schools in Japan don't have entrance tests...which Onodera failed but managed to get in the waiting list IIRC. (Raku and the others are actually smart)

Being a private school also means some students there are rich. Parents can bribe the school for an exemption on the entrance exams.
But in Japan, are the difference in tuition cost between private and public schools as large as in many other parts of the world? Or is anyone who can pass the entrance exam able to enroll, irregardless of their family finances?

Because the school being Private means that the wealth of Raku's harem is less surprising, if Private Schools in Japan usually have a student population of much higher than average socio-economic circumstances. If that's the case, Onodera's family may still be poorer than the families of most of the class, despite being comfortably well into the Middle class. It wouldn't strain disbelief if half of Raku's class consist of kids from rich families.

I wonder whether Ruri's grandfather intends to name Ruri as the primary heir to the family estate. I wouldn't be surprised if Ruri's extremely similar to her grandmother. In that case, her grandfather's obsession with Ruri has rather... disturbing implications, if it was because his grand-daughter is extremely similar to his (presumably late) wife.
Old 2014-03-06, 04:10   Link #2495
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ Anyone can take the exams. It is just that some private high schools have difficult exams than the public high schools(tests are the same for all of the public schools in one area) and private high schools that don't give hard tests. Some families also can't afford private school fees.
Old 2014-03-06, 04:52   Link #2496
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well instead of talking about Japanese high schools back to the manga. lets face it when ruri picked a person and random I think every single one of us knew it would be ichijou (some hoped it'd be shuu) still interesting about Ruri next chapter somethings gonna happen most likely with her grandpa and maiko will replace that role in her heart to get their relationship going
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 06:05   Link #2497
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well instead of talking about Japanese high schools back to the manga. lets face it when ruri picked a person and random I think every single one of us knew it would be ichijou (some hoped it'd be shuu) still interesting about Ruri next chapter somethings gonna happen most likely with her grandpa and maiko will replace that role in her heart to get their relationship going
Actually I though it would be Shuu, but if it was him than there will be no way for Ichijou(MC) to join this chapter
(he is not troll like Shuu so he will not stalk them for the lolz )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 06:58   Link #2498
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Actually I though it would be Shuu, but if it was him than there will be no way for Ichijou(MC) to join this chapter
(he is not troll like Shuu so he will not stalk them for the lolz )
alright then again can u imagine shuu being there as the bf (actually even writing that is making me laugh) Then again they are making Ruri Raku doujins recently who knows.
Fitting with the oujo-sama theme that chitoge and raku have can u imagine somehow ruri is the final girl (something like before he dies he reveals something about a promise ruri made to a boy as a child)
Old 2014-03-06, 08:38   Link #2499
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ Ruri could be the final girl because of the party incident...Ruri, Chitoge and Kosaki are the only ones in the party but Ruri doesn't have a key.
If Marika really knows about something, her interactions with Ruri should have some complications but that's not the case.

So ruri is not likely to be the promised girl. Maybe her grandpa knows something about the keys and locks though. Unless if he really dies, the secret will die with him LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Then again they are making Ruri Raku doujins recently who knows.
Those doujins especially the foot one is godly amazing
Old 2014-03-06, 09:17   Link #2500
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
^ Ruri could be the final girl because of the party incident...Ruri, Chitoge and Kosaki are the only ones in the party but Ruri doesn't have a key.
If Marika really knows about something, her interactions with Ruri should have some complications but that's not the case.

So ruri is not likely to be the promised girl. Maybe her grandpa knows something about the keys and locks though. Unless if he really dies, the secret will die with him LOL.
Its funny because Marika really is the key (no pun intended) to this whole thing unraveling she knows the most about the girls and as the one who seems to have all the answers she will eventually reveal them (I hope) plus if the 4th girl wasn't already there she would've been revealed by now (u'd think)

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life