Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-05, 05:52   Link #221
YUNERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ckhunt3r View Post
Spoiler:

p/s yay my first post in animesuki forum

I think Matsudaira is Kondo's superior. That old man that framed for sexual harrassing a cat ear woman in Densha Otoko incident. As for the warship...... Yes they are showed up in the manga too. That old man tried to blow Gintoki and the gangs(including Hata Ouji) out because he is late for his daugther's birthday party......
YUNERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 05:52   Link #222
lommm
l'homme de lommm

yay w1ckhunt3r! welcome to the discussion! if you like gintama, you should also check out http://forum.shinsen-subs.org/index.php?a=forum&f=3 because there is always a good Gintama discussion over there.

thanks for the 41 screenshots and summary! i'm youtube-ing it now!

EDIT: OMG!! hi no ken Jebus !! you're watching this too!! awesome!!

EDIT2: okay, just watched it and...
Spoiler:

Last edited by lommm; 2007-02-05 at 06:34.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 06:31   Link #223
w1ckhunt3r
Wandering Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
yay w1ckhunt3r! welcome to the discussion! if you like gintama, you should also check out http://forum.shinsen-subs.org/index.php?a=forum&f=3 because there is always a good Gintama discussion over there.

thanks for the 41 screenshots and summary! i'm youtube-ing it now!

EDIT: OMG!! hi no ken Jebus !! you're watching this too!! awesome!!

EDIT2: okay, just watched it and...
Spoiler:
Gintama does not deserve to be watched on youtube Anyways...

Spoiler:
w1ckhunt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 11:03   Link #224
YUNERO

Quote:
Gintama does not deserve to be watched on youtube Anyways...

Spoiler:
May be yes, may be not. You see. It is hard to link romance between Gintama's character. Ok, may be I'm wrong....Even if Kagura harboring feelings for Gintoki. She'll face some tough competition here......

1.Shimura Tae (Otae)--You may not notice this, because most of time we see this pair. It usually end up with Gintoki get some beating(for saying something that he shouldn't said. E.g mentioning her flat breast and cooking). Instead of this, They are sharing special bonding. In fact they shared the same mentality. All they think is all about protect their precious things with all cost. The way they arguing also like husband and wife that have married for long time. Well, that probably just my imagination......

2.Sarutobi Ayame(Sa--chan)----Another tough contender. She got good look,body.and everything that any women would have dreamt for. The only reason that Gintoki rejected her is probably she is a masochist and always making some useless comment(in Gintoki's view). One thing that you should know that. Like Kondo, she is a master of stalking, only the target is Gintoki. But there is once she stalks Otae(with Kondo). Possibly because she had view Otae as her love rival. Although Otae was not aware(or give a damn) for this......

For the conclusion, unless Kagura grown up. Or else she is not gonna stand a chance in love war of Gintoki. Because Gintoki is not a Lolicon, and view Kagura as a daugther/younger sister(see ep 13)......

Last edited by YUNERO; 2007-02-08 at 23:35.
Old 2007-02-08, 21:09   Link #225
Doria

Ewww... I do not want to see any Gintoki Kagura pairings whatsoever.

Yuck. That's not funny, it's just kind of gross. Yeah, I know that's kind of hypocritical coming from someone who worked on Demonbane, but still... ewwww!
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 01:40   Link #226
w1ckhunt3r
Wandering Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
Ewww... I do not want to see any Gintoki Kagura pairings whatsoever.

Yuck. That's not funny, it's just kind of gross. Yeah, I know that's kind of hypocritical coming from someone who worked on Demonbane, but still... ewwww!
LOL Doria...I don't want that pairing to happen either...Like what Yunero said, I thought that the Gintoki and Otae pairing's chemistry is pretty good...I am all for Gintoki x Otae
Old 2007-02-10, 07:10   Link #227
YUNERO

Quote:
LOL Doria...I don't want that pairing to happen either...Like what Yunero said, I thought that the Gintoki and Otae pairing's chemistry is pretty good...I am all for Gintoki x Otae
I' m also all for Gintoki x Otae. I'm pretty enjoyed when they are together. Too bad Otae isn't the heroin of Gintama thus she is having less appearance than Kagura. One more thing is Kagura also having good relationship with Otae( Kagura address Otae as "Big Sister"). Together, they have form the most fearsome partner that will caused more problem to Gintoki & Shinpachi. In my point of view, Gintoki, Otae,Shinpachi and Kagura looks like a happy family to me. With Gintoki and Otae as husband and wife, Kagura as daughter, and Shinpachi as son. Ok, may be I am too carried out with my imagination a little bit..

Here is my favourite manga cover. Which I get from Chinese fansub. Isn't that looks like a loving family with a pet?

Old 2007-02-10, 11:32   Link #228
w1ckhunt3r
Wandering Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNERO View Post
I' m also all for Gintoki x Otae. I'm pretty enjoyed when they are together. Too bad Otae isn't the heroin of Gintama thus she is having less appearance than Kagura. One more thing is Kagura also having good relationship with Otae( Kagura address Otae as "Big Sister"). Together, they have form the most fearsome partner that will caused more problem to Gintoki & Shinpachi. In my point of view, Gintoki, Otae,Shinpachi and Kagura looks like a happy family to me. With Gintoki and Otae as husband and wife, Kagura as daughter, and Shinpachi as son. Ok, may be I am too carried out with my imagination a little bit..

Here is my favourite manga cover. Which I get from Chinese fansub. Isn't that looks like a loving family with a pet?

Nice cover Except, is that really Kagura? For a while I thought of her to be a different person She seems so... lady-like So chapter 81 is in which volume?
Old 2007-02-11, 01:19   Link #229
YUNERO

Quote:
Nice cover Except, is that really Kagura? For a while I thought of her to be a different person She seems so... lady-like So chapter 81 is in which volume?
That is 100% Kagura. Perhaps she wasn't looks like herself is due to the power of the Kimono.....

As for the volume. If I'm not mistaken, chapter 81 of the manga is in tankoubon vol 10 which the tankoubon cover is Hasegawa. And the story of chapter 81 is about Gintoki going to purchase electrical fan but ends up with saving the world from the evil organization. This chapter has been animated.....
Old 2007-02-13, 18:16   Link #230
kei25

Just saw this news, and can't help thinking of what Gintoki did in 38.
He should have told the police it's the 'neo Armstrong cyclone jet Armstrong cannon'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007060775,00.html
kei25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 07:14   Link #231
w1ckhunt3r
Wandering Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNERO View Post
That is 100% Kagura. Perhaps she wasn't looks like herself is due to the power of the Kimono.....

As for the volume. If I'm not mistaken, chapter 81 of the manga is in tankoubon vol 10 which the tankoubon cover is Hasegawa. And the story of chapter 81 is about Gintoki going to purchase electrical fan but ends up with saving the world from the evil organization. This chapter has been animated.....
Hehe the mysterious power of kimono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kei25 View Post
Just saw this news, and can't help thinking of what Gintoki did in 38.
He should have told the police it's the 'neo Armstrong cyclone jet Armstrong cannon'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007060775,00.html
LOL wow awesome it happened in real life...too bad the police with the funny name failed to see that it's a marvellous snow creation
Old 2007-02-17, 15:55   Link #232
lommm
l'homme de lommm

anyone watch 43 yet? completely ridiculous episode!! it takes place entirely in Otose's bar. i felt bad for poor little kagura watching everyone from the ally. but then at the end of the ep she was back with the guys. for fans of Sa-Chan, she's all over this episode!! there are also a couple of extended extra bits after the credits. this ep is all comedy...
and i can't wait for 44! it will have Hatori Zenzou's gang in it! that episode will be all action!
Old 2007-02-17, 21:26   Link #233
adue
★諒&あづさ★

i watched 43
The girls are hilarious trying to get the seat of heroine with ridiculous suffixes lol
awesome Orochimaru and Gendo references to boot
adue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 03:07   Link #234
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i felt so bad for Kondo. Otae beat the shpitt out of him!! his face started gettingn deformed after a while and he couldn't talk right anymore!
Old 2007-02-21, 21:33   Link #235
ichii_chisuke
Gintama/Naruto Fan

Send a message via MSN to ichii_chisuke Send a message via Yahoo to ichii_chisuke
Yay! I finally found a Gintama Forum~
Geez, you know there aren't much sites with Gintama Forums yet... or did I just not search enough? Oh well... =D
Do you guys mind if I barge in =DD?

Ah, and does anyone know where I can download Gintama Manga scanlations?
ichii_chisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 02:17   Link #236
Doria

Hey, welcome to the... uh, thread. Well, we host a thread for Gintama over at Shinsen, of course, and we always welcome new faces (or, at least, we welcome those who aren't there to ask when the next episode is being released...). It's not at its most active right now, as we've had a series of real-life things that have delayed the recent episodes, but we'll get those out as soon as this stuff gets cleared up. We're working ahead, so with any luck, we'll be able to release a couple in quick succession... and look at me blabbering on with the non-release guilt.

Anyhow! There are scanlations of the manga online--in fact, I was about to go look for some new ones myself, as I like to keep up with what we've subbed. Unfortunately, I can't recall where I found the ones I've been using, but I'm pretty sure I just googled for it.

There was a group doing it that I really liked, but I think they stopped, and the only other group I found was less English-fluent, imo. But you can still catch the basic drift, anyway. Let me know if you can't find them at all, and I'll try to dig up at least an irc channel for you.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 20:46   Link #237
lommm
l'homme de lommm

the only 'more current' scans i know of go the Japanese->Chinese->English route, so there is some loss of meaning. i kind of wish someone would take the time to at least do a quick script translation, even if not a full scanlation...

and yeah, welcome to our little discussion. you are right. there are few english language forums for gintama right now. i'm hoping it will be licensed sooner or later.

anyone watch ep44? i thought it was one of the funniest eps in a while!!! but i am at a loss as to what anime/manga they are spoofing. they are clearly dressed up as a five person team. and poor Elizabeth is in jail!! or is he...? anyway, the bit at the beginning where they try to buy the manga is LOL funny!! Katsura pretends he's a waiter, but spills a drop and then vomits/passes out!! and Kagura crying where she got the same food on her outfit was too kawaii!!!!!!!!!

the obstacle course went to still frame cheap animation, but it was still funny!

best part ever: "Ninja Double Curry!!"

and someone please tell me because i am sure i misunderstood. i mean he can't possibly have said this.
but the blond ninja on Zenzou's team: did he say "Nipple Doping!"???

and the "end" (pun intended) for Zenzou was too much. seriously Gin-san. did you have to go for that?
plus, lol Sa-Chan killed a woman with a bowl of nato! i've never eaten it, but the smell almost killed me once...

Last edited by lommm; 2007-02-23 at 21:07.
Old 2007-02-26, 07:22   Link #238
jesslyn

hey guys

i apologize if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but i was wondering if shinsen-subs was the only group who are fansubbing gintama the anime?

i only recently saw an episode of it in japan and it looked pretty good so i figured i'd come home and download a subbed version, but the subbed episodes only seem to stop at episode 18...and 43 (?) have been aired?

so i was just wondering if shinsen has dropped it? or whether another group has taken over? or whether 18 is just the latest one available haha. sorry for all the questions *confused*

cheers!!!
jesslyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:29   Link #239
adue
★諒&あづさ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
sooner or later.

anyone watch ep44? i thought it was one of the funniest eps in a while!!! but i am at a loss as to what anime/manga they are spoofing.
Classic Sentai-hero mono i guess? Gin san and Zenzou are also imitating certain choreography used in some live action sentai mono.

Quote:
best part ever: "Ninja Double Curry!!"
Agreed :P

Quote:
and someone please tell me because i am sure i misunderstood. i mean he can't possibly have said this.
but the blond ninja on Zenzou's team: did he say "Nipple Doping!"???
Sweet :P
"Ninpou Doping" (Ninpou nearly equals "Ninja's jutsu", the jutsu's name follows after that typically. "Ninpou [insert a justu]")

Quote:
plus, lol Sa-Chan killed a woman with a bowl of nato! i've never eaten it, but the smell almost killed me once...
Reminded me of the fairly recent news : Kansai TV aplogizes for bogus program boasting Natto diet and it had sparked a buying frenzy across Japan... "no natto on the sleves"...
I like natto myself, i hate the smell tho.

Btw I laughed at Sa-cchan's move's name,
"Neva Give Up" (Neva=sticky)
and how some "four eyes shoujo"-love otakus in Sacchan's school loved her. lol

Also about the previous epi, I love how they started this epi at the end saying "we've got some time left so why not air a bits of next epi in advance"
Gintama is so unique <3
adue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 15:06   Link #240
domino
デレデレ

According to ANS:

Shueisha has announced sales of Hideaki Sorachi's gintama manga are great and vol. 1 has has sold over 1 million copies in Japan. 17 volumes now exist on the market with #17 going on sale March 2nd.

So bravo, Gin-chan. I hope this means many more anime episodes in the future. :P
domino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen