AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-08, 13:35   Link #61
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Yay for Ikezawa Haruna in a new show. She needs some more fans. Most of them are from Marimite.

I'll keep an eye on this one, as my most anticipated series of a new season haven't failed me in most cases (say Hitohira or Asatte no Houkou).
The idea of multiple 'male leads' and end couples set into stone from day one isn't exactly my cup of tea.
But in this one, it seems a lot less dis-appealing than compared with ef, which also started this season.
So yeah, count me in for now - Mao-neechan for the win.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 13:40   Link #62
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
end couples set into stone from day one isn't exactly my cup of tea.
Really. If that's so then this will make one good series. And one of the better in romance, where we don't have to wait until the last episode to see the couple. Now all that's missing is a kiss. And I know there was one at the end, but i mean with the main lead.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:47   Link #63
totalnet

Scrumptious Anime Blog did a good job of explaining the changes they did for anime from the game/manga. Like the splitting the main character into 2 characters. Turning it away from a harem type anime.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 04:22   Link #64
ZODDGUTS

Liked the first episode though I worried it had way too many characters introduced hopefully the series doesn't fall apart because of it. Mao is pretty cool hard to tell who she could end up with...

Spoiler:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 07:34   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Liked the first episode though I worried it had way too many characters introduced hopefully the series doesn't fall apart because of it.]
Just from the first episode alone, and you can see that this was done for a reason --- not wasting anytime in getting things rolling. Especially in the realtionship department involving the main characters. Oh yeah i really wouldn't be surprised if we see a love triangle appear.

Need name of long haired blushing beauty~
Old 2007-10-09, 08:11   Link #66
UPR

Is it just me or are the sub not coming out. What i mean is I download it from here and the only time subs come out is during the OP and ED. I downloaded the h264 version and had that problem. Now im downloading the other to see. But is anybody else having the same problem as me?
Old 2007-10-09, 08:44   Link #67
totalnet

I haven't d/l the h264 version. But most likely the subtitles are embed in .mkv file and vobsub has installed your computer to view the subtitles. Or have a media player that can render soft/embed subtitles.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 09:35   Link #68
usagijen

Only one episode and I AM HOOKED on this one~ hehe... It's been quite some time since I've seen a decent school-life romance fluff X3 And I think I have to be thankful to the manga and the novels for making me see some direction this anime will be taking :3

I am definitely gonna blog this, since it's one of the easiest shows to blog, and also because I really love it ^-^ I like it better than Clannad and EF, probably because of the less emo and angstiness, and just a simple tale of romance

Posted my summary and thoughts on episode 1 in my blog

I had so many thoughts on my mind with regards to predictions as to how the relationships will come about (based on stuff I read in the manga and a little of the novel as well), that I posted them in a separate entry ^^;;;
Deep Frying KimiKiss 01 "The Love Prediction Corner"

Here's to hoping that there will be more KimiKiss converts XD

To briefly mention a bit of what I said there in my post... I think Kouichi's pairing is already definite at this point, so is Mao. For Kazuki, there are two possible girls who he might end up with, either Asuka or Eriko (I am rooting for Asuka!! especially after reading the manga...).

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-10-09 at 11:11.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 09:41   Link #69
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
I haven't d/l the h264 version. But most likely the subtitles are embed in .mkv file and vobsub has installed your computer to view the subtitles. Or have a media player that can render soft/embed subtitles.
well i have vlc media player, and i have nevr had a problem. Thing is like i said in the OP and ED there are subs, it's just the anime in itself where subs are not present. That's why im confused.
Old 2007-10-09, 09:50   Link #70
Liingo
Love Hina?

Just watched the first episode of this. I found it to be quite good. Quite a few characters were introduced in the ep, hopefully we'll get to know them better as the show progresses.
Spoiler for thoughts on the episode:

A nice solid episode to start. Let's hope they can keep it up

Edit @UPR Hmm, I don't really have any idea why that's happening.... But I know the op/ed are normally hardsubbed so that the karoke effect syncs properly. Have you checked to see if the player has disabled the subs by default to start with?

That or try another player... the h.264 version worked fine here on Media player classic.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:37   Link #71
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Eh, it was nice. I'm not sure if it will be groundbreaking or anything, but it can make up for a nice experience nonetheless. I'm sure I'll keep on watching, though it's mostly due to the artwork and the seiyuu.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:37   Link #72
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Soft, simple yet sweet.

It's hard to really say what I like about this episode, strangely. I don't know if it's non-pretentious simple school atmosphere, the first batch of characters, the overall feel of a romantic start-up (( that involves more than one guy ))... but it really clicks. There's a nice feel to it.

There's already the feel that at least 2 triangles Y-K-M and E-K-A, which each feels nice in their own way... It depends on how things build itself. Definitely enjoyable. Looking forward to Episode 2 much.

It's not setting itself up to be something larger than life, but who needs that? The smile it's inducing in my face is more than enough reason to keep up. (( Though I intend to watch even it turns to crap, so that's moot, I suppose. ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:41   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There's already the feel that at least 2 triangles Y-K-M and E-K-A, which each feels nice in their own way... It depends on how things build itself.
Yeah. For them to work, it needs to go at a nice pace --- though it's hard to judge if that'll happen after all that going on, and being introduced to future drama couples in the first episode.

If we knew the episode count for this one, then it would be much easier to judge.
Old 2007-10-09, 12:08   Link #74
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

It was a lot better than the title led me to suspect. I think I'll keep an eye out for more episodes on this one.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 12:34   Link #75
UPR

I definetly going to continue this. And by all means we can say that at the end Kouichi will get to kiss a girl and we get a couple. Becaus eif his friend got one then we should expect that the main lead also get's one. Right?
Old 2007-10-09, 14:08   Link #76
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
Wow the first episode was great!
Although I wished that Futami didn't kiss Kazuki . I'm hoping that was just a one time thing and that Kazuki introduces her to Kouichi. The animation looks great though. I'm really really looking forward to this, and I'm hoping that it's not just a short series either.

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:10   Link #77
taelrak

Maybe I'm wrong about where this anime is heading, but I'm not too keen on the shows with multiple leads and multiple relationships, where at the end everyone ends with someone and they all live happily ever after.

It just makes the plot too contrived and everyone ends up having a way out. Plus, too many characters dilute the plot and end up making the story all disjointed.

Hopefully I'm wrong though!
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:17   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, generic yet not generic. It starts off with all the standard cliches and then at the end we have this enigmatic fascinating Futami. Is she manipulative? Or is she just brilliantly curious?

I'll give the show points for their little twisty hooks and I actually kind of like the art style -- not complicated or "3-d" but has a "fresh air" feel to it.

If it does have multiple leads and complicated relationships (whiff of Honey & Clover there), then it climbs out of the ero-da-to rut and into something more sophisticated ... it might keep my interest.
Old 2007-10-09, 14:34   Link #79
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow that was pretty damn good...No wierd hair colors...No single male lead with 6-60 girls after him. And most importantly no waiting until the very end of the show to even form a pairing...color me impressed.

She also interested me the most aswell vexx...As soon as she started approaching the poor bastard at the end I got that distinct "Shes just jerking your chain man" feeling.

This one should be fun to watch...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:51   Link #80
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Hmmm, generic yet not generic.
Exactly. Many, many cliches in the first episode (accidentaly walking in while a girl is undressing is like the most beaten to death cliche ever..if we don't count the childhood friend, that is), yet it somehow retained some originality despite this. And oh my God! Two male main characters in a harem? Hell just froze over. Not that I even remembered the boys names because they were quite generic and there was like a dozen girls to keep track of.

Anyway, because of this stupefiyingly great cast (kind of weird to see so many stars in this and almost no household name seiyuus in the new Gundam, btw) I'd have made an effort to watch this, even if it was 100% generic harem. Talking of seiyuus, Mao looks almost exactly like Yoshino from Marimite, I wonder if this played a role in choosing the same seiyuu for her. And of course, with Futami being seemingly on the line between genius and insanity it made sense to choose Tanaka Rie for the role.

P.S. What's with the huge distance between the eyes of the characters, it makes them look a bit bird-like.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen