AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-23, 21:09   Link #101
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
I have noticed that everyone seems to like watching Initial D but I just can't stand it!
Old 2004-04-24, 00:22   Link #102
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
*whoosh* Did you hear that? It's the sound of my entire post going over your head. Of course, it's entirely possible that you were replying to a completely different post and mistakenly quoted MY message, but I'm going to take the benefit of the doubt and leave here as quickly as possible.
Somebody's posts are flying well over someone's head, and maybe I am misunderstanding what you're trying to say, but you most definitely are completely missing my point as well. My main point is that if someone doesn't give a reason as to why they do or do not like a show, then they are not providing any useful information. If someone hates giant robots in anime, but they don't say so when they hop in a thread and say, "I hate Gundam!", then they quite simply have not added anything useful to the thread.

I'm not arguing about whether or not somneone should or should not like some sort of anime, I'm critisizing the mentality where people come into threads like this and start listing off the names of anime. A thread where people randomly list anime that they either like or hate, without telling which, would be just as useful. In fact, a thread like that should be started and pinned, and all threads like this should be deleted instantly if that sort of mentality is to be encouraged. It would save a lot of time and a lot of bandwidth.
Old 2004-04-24, 01:07   Link #103
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy-no-Jutsu
I have noticed that everyone seems to like watching Initial D but I just can't stand it!
Not surprising that you don't like it.

Initial D is a 'guys anime' basically. If you love your cars, the racing, a kickass main character like Takumi Fujiwara.. then its definately my type of anime
Old 2004-04-24, 12:31   Link #104
kamatari honjo

i guess i understand how its hard not to say something, with people hating on the series you love: NGE, fushigi yuugi, nadesico, ghibli movies.

and its hard to imagine that a few people here aren't like a few of my friends. who loved a show then as soon as more then them and a select few liked it, they immediately turn to trashing it.

but i guess, i cannot fathom why people rave about noir, that show had to be one of the worst animes i have watched.
Old 2004-04-24, 14:26   Link #105
Joe Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamatari honjo

and its hard to imagine that a few people here aren't like a few of my friends. who loved a show then as soon as more then them and a select few liked it, they immediately turn to trashing it.
Actualy that mostly goes like this...
There is a show thats cool.
It becomes real popular (usualy because there is fighting in it)
They decide 2 drag it out 2 get more money.
Characters lose interest since their development stops.
It becomes only about fighting
People start disliking it and trashing it
Some fanboys/girls will die hard defend and justify this 2 be the next best thing since mac donalds
Old 2004-04-24, 20:30   Link #106
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Radd said something that is right about the fact that we should say why we hated an anime instead of just saying without explaining. I hate the meca or involving machine type so i hated EVA. I dislike it too because i hated the principal character. i just can't stand guys who are weak or always whinning crying. I didn't like the drawings in noir. I think that memory loss is a over used way to make the plot during longer or mysterious. And the ending! That pretress or something and the story of the two maidens of death... Oh! other thing. I hate when a character is obligated to kill a another one that was his friend and after crying for the death of that person. If you liked this person, why kill him or her? Or why don't just commit suicide after or something if you are that sad.

I was asking opinion on popotan, because i watched it after viewing opinon on it that was saying that it has something if you go deep in the story. All that i saw was fan service and a pretty discusting type of it, I juste can support anime with young "cute" girl and unecessary big breats or nude girls. Did the girls needed to bath so often? Did, the younger of the three sister needed to rub her face on other persons breats like that? Why the character with big breast is often the one who wear glass? If someone had seen something that was deep in Popotan please tell me because i did not notice.
Old 2004-04-25, 01:37   Link #107
OtakuGURU

my overall favorite would have to be Kaze no Tani no Nausica, and my worst ..... well we all know that EVERYONE has a huge list here!!.... one of them would have to be.....Air Master.... this series goes ABSOULTLY NOWHERE,
Old 2004-04-25, 17:29   Link #108
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

Onegai Twins
(The worst series I seen so far)

DB GT
1. they should of left goku out.
2. it gets annoying because goku never use his full power at the beginning of a fight.
Old 2004-04-26, 03:43   Link #109
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Some people just do not ever stop to think about why they like what they do. They just stumble across an episode or two of every anime they find, blindly grasping for something they click with, but have no clue what to look for.
That's how i am, it's not that i can't explain or am bad at explaining why i like something, it's more that i never think about "why". if something appeals to me then i watch it and don't think about why i'm watching it or why it appeals to me.

for example i hate, loath, and despise murder mysteries, i don't know why i just do, but for some reason Ayatsuri Sakon appeals to me so i watch it with out questioning why i'm watching something from a genre i hate.

i won't say i "stumble across an episode or two of every anime i come across, blinldy grasping for something to click with" tho. i try to find a good description of the show or the begining of it's plot first to see if it's something i would enjoy.

everyone has they're own preference when it comes to genres. some may like one genre more than another. I like dramas like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (serious) and Midori Hibi (comedy), action shows like Naruto, Trigun, and Shadow Skill, and comedies like Hanaukyo Maids and Comic Party. But Joe Somebody may like action shows with giant robots and comedies like Azumanga Daioh.

just to stay on topic i don't like Initial D. don't get me wrong i love import tuning and everything but i can't get into shows or movies about it, i didn't even like The Fast and the Furious. but then again a lot of people don't like Airmaster but i do.

Last edited by skreech; 2004-04-26 at 04:40.
Old 2004-04-26, 21:23   Link #110
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
:)

OK for me YATTA me I only hate 1 anime but dislike a few.

#1-ok I hate so UBER hate Saikano- It is beyond words to express what a waste of time this un emotional piece of SHIT is. Sorry if I offened anyone but this any left me FAR away from shedding ANY tears.

#2 ummm lets see I dislike KGNE- This dating sim sucks ass, stupid endings...oh the anime yeah stupid nothing seriously that great Kanon is much better on MANY levels...AIR WILL RULE ...since it sold better than this game heh and has a bigger fan base. This is a soeap opera don't tell me it isn't because I WATCH DAYS OF OUR LIVES >.< LMAO anyway so I know what soap operas are like and this is one so ppl who think his is SOOO good watch some soap operas or somthing......

#3 Love Hina, Onegai Teacher/twins, Mahoromatic and Aoi Yori Aoshi- bunch of ecchi junk I found this just not my taste I don't find ecchi funny. The animation for some of these are decnt but still the plot lines are currupted by the perverted crap.

Well thats about it for sopme tings like why Naruto and One Piece may be MUCH better and not as popular it is because they were released much earlier in Japan the 90's OP still runs but it just got over here.

As for animes like Digimon ok noi offense but this anime is REALLY GOOD the subs are really awesome comapred to the dub *shudder* many people shove i off to the side saying pokemon wannabe when they haven't seen it SEEN it. When it just so happens to have monsters it has a plot. And who said Ojamajo Doremi was bad????? YOU DIE NOW! Doremi kicks ur ass ^-^

I respect everyone's opinions except if they don't proporly explain themselves.
Old 2004-04-26, 22:44   Link #111
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
#3 Love Hina, Onegai Teacher/twins, Mahoromatic and Aoi Yori Aoshi- bunch of ecchi junk I found this just not my taste I don't find ecchi funny. The animation for some of these are decnt but still the plot lines are currupted by the perverted crap.

Well thats about it for sopme tings like why Naruto and One Piece may be MUCH better and not as popular it is because they were released much earlier in Japan the 90's OP still runs but it just got over here.

As for animes like Digimon ok noi offense but this anime is REALLY GOOD the subs are really awesome comapred to the dub *shudder* many people shove i off to the side saying pokemon wannabe when they haven't seen it SEEN it. When it just so happens to have monsters it has a plot. And who said Ojamajo Doremi was bad????? YOU DIE NOW! Doremi kicks ur ass ^-^

I respect everyone's opinions except if they don't proporly explain themselves.
man i agree with you so much!!! i just don't find the ecchi animes funny...at all... it's just...i don't know... to me it seems pointless since i ain't that kind of anime fan and YES YES Digimon kicks ass!!!! it's actually really good, i much prefer it over pokemon most definitely, go TAKUYA!!!! lol... yeah, but ppl have different opinions and different ppl like different sort of animes so i can understand if a style that doesn't suit me suits others!!! but lol i just find it amazing that someone actually likes digimon too...yay i ain't alone!!!!!
Old 2004-04-26, 22:58   Link #112
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
One of the anime people rated good that i thouth suked was NOIR and the Madlax seems to be a rewrite that will not be better. EVA made me throw up. after watching it i just wanted to slap that stupid frustating Hikari or something( i just can't remember names). I think that anime that always receive the best rate are the one with fan service or lot of action. I would like to ear opinion on Popotan... Oh maybe i'm not in the good topic to ask this question
I agree NOIR really suxed... I fell asleep watching the 3rd episode. Popptan that was a sleeper also. Air Master is another one I personally felt was boring. E's Otherwise kinda drags. I thought this series would pick up some. Momoiro Sisters well.. female humor but really stupid!!
Old 2004-04-27, 08:54   Link #113
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I agree NOIR really suxed... I fell asleep watching the 3rd episode.
That's amazing! That is ALSO the episode that I stopped watching Noir!

Strangely enough, I loved .hack//sign. Weird, huh?
Old 2004-04-27, 09:09   Link #114
Joe Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreech

everyone has they're own preference when it comes to genres. some may like one genre more than another. I like dramas like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (serious) and Midori Hibi (comedy), action shows like Shadow Skill
Is this anime any good?
I need a new anime for next month anyway so if you can give some kind of description as 2 what kind of show this is and such would be cool... if you find the time just do it in pm otherwise nm
Old 2004-04-27, 09:36   Link #115
Lime-chan
Pandoras child

Send a message via ICQ to Lime-chan
Screw me, I'm just too lazy to read everything...
May I have a come-out? I really, really, reeaally despise Love Hina. *hidesbehindthesofa* Can't say why, it just happened when everyone else started talking about the series so much I got annoyed.

Btw, I think Noir is boring, too. Watched the german version and was disappointed. Maybe I'd get a better impression if it wasn't for the endless monotone voice-acting without any background music to lay under. Damn, it just plain sucks (the voice-acting, not the series itself)

^-^ that's all. See ya!

Lime-chan
Old 2004-04-27, 11:42   Link #116
naninani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
One anime I don't really like (I'm not going to use the word 'hate' here) is Kenshin, which everybody seems to put into their top twenty list. I haven't even watched most of the 2nd part (where the story diverges from the manga), but for some reason I still couldn't help but be bored of it. I mean, a lot of the characters were definitely cool, some of the fights were cool, and the background for the story is also cool. I loved the Memories OVA. But for some reason I just didn't like the TV series. It's even weirder when you take into account that I've watched Inuyasha, Naruto, One Piece, and other similar long action series without TOO much of a problem (not saying that I love those series, but at least I don't dislike them).

Another one a lot of people seem to like that I disliked quite a bit (more intensely than Kenshin) is Onegai Twins. I watched Onegai Teacher and (despite its flaws) thought it was pretty good. I just couldn't stand Twins though. I mean...the slightly incestual theme, plus the occasionally cameo made by Onegai Teacher characters, that stuff just really didn't sit well with me. And besides, I didn't care whether they were related or not. I just kept thinking, "Big deal! Get on with your lives!"

Other than these two series, the anime I hate is hated on enough by others, so I won't even get into those
OMG i so agree wit u those were so boring
Old 2004-04-27, 12:00   Link #117
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
I would have to agree with a couple of other posters, I don't like Noir or Love Hina.
Old 2004-04-27, 13:19   Link #118
Kaeta
Fullmetal Airhead

Send a message via AIM to Kaeta Send a message via MSN to Kaeta
lol...love hina...no no no.. it was a bit too ecchi for me...and I somehow felt really sorry for the guy ...I mean...everyone kicked him around...not funny...

I somehow find my way to a site...about once or twice a week that has something related to Prince on friggin' Tennis.....I don't get it...it's..TENNIS for crying out loud...
Old 2004-04-27, 13:38   Link #119
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

That would be knge for me. totally hated it
Old 2004-04-28, 10:24   Link #120
junko
model bliss

Bubblegum Crisis.
DBZ.
Nadesico.
Gundam Wing and all it's spinoffs.
Closed Thread