AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-07, 00:40   Link #861
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I can't help but feel that the people at Houbunsha pretty much got down on their knees and beg the author to continue this.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 01:56   Link #862
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

So, he's gonna please both crowds now, eh? I'd say that's a smart way to avoid ditching all the side-characters that got left behind after the main 4 graduated. I hope he can pull this off.
Old 2011-03-07, 02:41   Link #863
Sparvid
*hic*

Yay, the further adventures of President Azusa! Can't wait to see what the general attitude to practicing the new club has. And if they're going to get a fourth member...
Old 2011-03-07, 02:46   Link #864
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Yay, the further adventures of President Azusa! Can't wait to see what the general attitude to practicing the new club has. And if they're going to get a fourth member...
Azusa and Ui are on guitar while Jun is on bass. They need at least a drummer. Don't know about keyboard though. Also who is gonna be on vocals?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 03:37   Link #865
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Azusa and Ui are on guitar while Jun is on bass. They need at least a drummer. Don't know about keyboard though. Also who is gonna be on vocals?
Ui is on charge of organ. I think it would be Azusa on the vocal based on her instrument.
Old 2011-03-07, 04:08   Link #866
Goggen

Holy crap...

So, going the Saved by the Bell route after all, eh? Doing separate "The College Years" and "The New Class" series. I question the worth of the "New Class" one, though. I mean, they're already in their senior year so it can't last very long (unless they REALLY want to go the Saved by the Bell route and make it a revolving-door cast where new characters are constantly being introduced and old characters are constantly leaving... yuck).

And of course, this begs the question - what will happen once Azusa and co. graduate? Join the older four in uni (and recombine the two manga back into one series from that point), or go off somewhere else and leave readers heart broken that Ho-kago Tea Time don't reunite after all?
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 04:40   Link #867
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

IMO, it would be a waste of Azusa to NOT have her reunite with her former bandmates. However, it's possible they never 'formally' break up, just that they break up because they're in two different clubs right now.

I'm sure Yui will still be in touch with Azusa through Ui (who will definitely not let her of her sister without a lifeline) and the rest will stay together, so I'm sure Azusa will not be forgotten either way. However, what Ui and Jun will do after they graduate is the real question. I doubt they would all join with the main four, as that would probably make the band too big, so it's possible that Azusa eventually becomes a permanent member of HTT (assuming they'll keep that name), while Ui and Jun go their own way (and maybe start a band together).

Right now, though, I'm just glad no one will truly be 'left behind'.
Old 2011-03-07, 05:02   Link #868
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I'm sure Yui will still be in touch with Azusa through Ui (who will definitely not let her of her sister without a lifeline) and the rest will stay together, so I'm sure Azusa will not be forgotten either way. However, what Ui and Jun will do after they graduate is the real question. I doubt they would all join with the main four, as that would probably make the band too big, so it's possible that Azusa eventually becomes a permanent member of HTT (assuming they'll keep that name), while Ui and Jun go their own way (and maybe start a band together).
That would be ideal, the problem though is that readers might get attached to (or the manga may try to get readers attached to) whatever new band the younger three (plus however many new members they get) end up forming. On the other hand, that band won't have been together for nearly as long as HTT once graduation comes, so maybe not.
Old 2011-03-07, 05:56   Link #869
Stefkov

Fantastic news to wake up to!
HTT was a band without Azusa so it's going to be interesting seeing what happens. They can clearly carry on in College (College is American like University is for the UK right?) because they started out with just the 4 of them, but I'm not sure they'll like not having Azusa play with them.

I'm interested in whether Kakifly will introduce a new character who'll join up with Azusa and co. I think it'd be pretty cool if a new first year joined the Light music club after seeing Yui and Azusa's performance at that festival way back when.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 06:46   Link #870
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

XD I'D love to see a new member. a kuudere to be specific. XDD or maybe a tsundere. XD hoping she'd be cute as hell!

anyhow, HS manga might just ran shortly since they'd only cover the trio's last year. seriously, i'd like k-on to return as one manga series after azusa's senior year. i want HTT to have its 5 members. DX azusa can play for both bands though. but still, HTT MUST be the PRIORITY. XDD

can't wait to see the 4 in college! XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 08:35   Link #871
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

So we're not only going to get Houkago College Time but also more of Azu-nyan, Ui and Jun in high school?

It's like they read my mind and went with my ideal version of a continuance of the series. Epic win indeed.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 09:24   Link #872
Qikz

I haven't read any of the manga and I really need to change that but hearing about new Manga made me so happy! Also if they pass a year quite quick in the new Manga, Azusa can go join back and the whole awesome crew will be back together.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 09:32   Link #873
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

New K-ON! Goes to University

Quote:
K-ON!’s upcoming manga continuation is due to cover the university life of the girls, at the same time as Azunyan and company continue at school.

According to the announcement, K-ON! will continue in Manga Time Kirara, covering the university antics of the now graduated girls, whilst Manga Time Kirara Carat will carry a separate tale covering the high school antics of Azusa and company.

K-ON! Kirara will go on sale April 9th, whilst K-ON! Carat is due to start April 28th.

Although hardly overburdened with plot to begin with, having all the girls attend the same university might prove something of a stretch – though the awkwardness of this pales in comparison to improbability of keeping all the girls single and uninvolved whilst at university, a situation which the fanbase may not welcome any change in…
The writer is obviously being silly. The girls aren't single because :

- Mio has Ritsu and vice versa.
- Mugi has her own harem (namely the rest of her faculty)
- Yui still has Ui.

I suddenly have a feeling it is going to become a yuri manga.

Azunyan is mine! Stay away from my kitty!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 09:51   Link #874
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Praise the gods!!!

On the topic of boyfriends for the girls, I won't mind if it's done like Minami-ke where they become part of the cast and you actually root for them...

Although, aren't they going to a women's university?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 10:09   Link #875
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh Yui's eventual boyfriend will have to go through the trial by fire to get her. I guaran-fucking-tee it. Likewise I also guarantee that if ever they ever get boyfriends, she'll be the first one to have a significant other among the four.

What? Why ar you looikgn atme liekthatqlkwdjoiasdjq,mwend
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 11:31   Link #876
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
anyhow, HS manga might just ran shortly since they'd only cover the trio's last year. seriously, i'd like k-on to return as one manga series after azusa's senior year. i want HTT to have its 5 members. DX azusa can play for both bands though. but still, HTT MUST be the PRIORITY. XDD
My feelings exactly.

As for this "boyfriend" business - not gonna happen. Why do you think Kakifly had them all go to a Women's University? He wants to keep the series the same as before, to the extent it's possible.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:28   Link #877
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post

Right now, though, I'm just glad no one will truly be 'left behind'.
Nodoka seems to be the one with least potential screen time, since she's not in either school. Depends on how much focus there'll be on weekends and school breaks, I guess.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:44   Link #878
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
they're already in their senior year so it can't last very long
Keep in mind, the second season was entirely the main 4 girls' senior year of high school. Now that there are two time lines to follow I'm sure they can get at least that much content before Azusa and crew graduate. Time may feel like it's slowing down because he has two manga to write but as long as the rate at which we get new content stays consistent I don't really mind.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:55   Link #879
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
Keep in mind, the second season was entirely the main 4 girls' senior year of high school.
True, but honestly - how much of that do we really need to see again, just with different characters?

In any case, one thing is certain - Kakifly is going to have his hands full.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:56   Link #880
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Nodoka seems to be the one with least potential screen time, since she's not in either school. Depends on how much focus there'll be on weekends and school breaks, I guess.
I never particularly cared about Nodoka, so if she gets minimal exposure in the new mangas, fine with me.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life