AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-27, 07:39   Link #41
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Well, I can't say I'm in love with the Saya design. It's a pretty generic CLAMP design, similar to Nina in Code Geass. What I'm more interested in is how they handle the overall cast of characters, and their take on a vampire hunter story. Considering how Blood in general is usually grounded in scifi and more realistic historical settings, I hope this one is a little bit more on the fantasy and supernatural side, because that's what CLAMP is better at writing imo.

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 08:11   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Spoiler:
Same . Wouldn't mind seeing a CLAMP version of Solomon and Haji.

I'm all for more fantasy in a Blood series. Plus if this does go down the Blood+ timeline, then i'd love to see more stories set during her past adventures. I don't know if you've read it, though the two volume Blood+ Adagio is seriously good.
Old 2011-03-27, 10:06   Link #43
chaos_alfa

I would have loved if Blood-C would have continued the story of Blood+ with saya's nieces.

Seeing them deal with their nature and their deadlines to each other. (Their blood could kill the other)
And the eventual awakening/return of Saya and her reunion with Kai who would be around 50 years old then.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 05:29   Link #44
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It seems Blood-C is both a TV series and a movie. The TV series will start running on MBS and TBS this July, while the movie will be released in 2012.
Old 2011-04-07, 05:46   Link #45
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
It seems Blood-C is both a TV series and a movie. The TV series will start running on MBS and TBS this July, while the movie will be released in 2012.
It will air on Nichigo or Thursday night timeslot ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 06:07   Link #46
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It will air on Nichigo or Thursday night timeslot ?
It's not announced yet, but I would imagine Nichigo is very likely if Ao no Exorcist is 13 episodes. If not, then it might air at the late night slot instead and have more violence hopefully.
Old 2011-04-07, 08:21   Link #47
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Interesting. The director of Blood-C is Tsutomu Mizushima. He also directed all the XXXHolic anime entries with Production IG.
Old 2011-04-07, 09:57   Link #48
Cloudy

Quote:
It's not announced yet, but I would imagine Nichigo is very likely if Ao no Exorcist is 13 episodes. If not, then it might air at the late night slot instead and have more violence hopefully.
If it airs in the thursday late night slot, this would be the 4th grimdark anime in a row for that block.
Old 2011-04-07, 11:32   Link #49
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
I don't think that it's likely, considering that the source for the 1-cour is from Crunchyroll. I actually expect it to air at a late night slot as well, putting into account that the original Blood + anime didn't due all that well in the precursor slot to Nichigo, so there isn't much point to have it air there (and then there is the issue with the slot ratings being as low as a late night also ...)
Quote:
Interesting. The director of Blood-C is Tsutomu Mizushima. He also directed all the XXXHolic anime entries with Production IG.
Tsutomu Mizushima ... part of me finds this a bit interesting, as I tend to think that he might be CLAMP's ''favorite'' director that they might have the easiest time to work with since the Holic adaptations seem to actually credit some of the members as having worked in the episode scripts.

Either way, this seems promising. I consider him to be a good director after the two seasons of Holic + his work on squid girl (especially the third part of episode 5) makes me confident in his work. And since he's familiar with CLAMP that will also be a good sign that there will be good communication between them.

Any word if the movie is a continuation of the series, or is it a ''recap'' movie?
Old 2011-04-07, 12:48   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Any word if the movie is a continuation of the series, or is it a ''recap'' movie?
I was about to ask the same question.

Tsutomu Mizushima have a bit of a history with xxxHolic anime, so i'm pleased with the pair teaming up again.
Old 2011-04-07, 13:46   Link #51
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No idea right now, but considering how Aniplex is willing to fund a movie of Sengoku Basara, I don't think it's beyond them to actually budget for a TV series and a brand new non-recap movie after that as well.
Old 2011-04-08, 12:39   Link #52
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Full staff credits:

Director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Original Concept: Production IG/CLAMP
Story/ Original Character Design: CLAMP
Original Concept Supervision: Junichi Fujisaku
Series Composition: Nanase Ohkawa (CLAMP)
Script: Nanase Ohkawa, Junichi Fujisaku
Animation Character Design: Kazuchika Kise
Animation Director: Takayuki Goto
Art Director: Hiromasa Ogura (Ogura Kobo)
Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
Editor: Junichi Uematsu
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Sound Production: Glovision
Music: Naoki Sato
Animation Production: Production IG
Old 2011-04-08, 12:42   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just this second read about Naoki Sato doing the score for this series. Oh my god. That is the greatest news ever. Naoki is without a doubt one of my all time favourite composers, and it's about damn time he worked on a new score.

So happy!
Old 2011-04-08, 12:48   Link #54
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The staff in general seems much more competent than Blood+'s staff. On the animation production end there are quite a few GitS:SAC guys, and it's impressive that CLAMP is really writing this, and not just scribbling some notes down for other writers to adapt. Getting hyped!

Here's the Japanese press release: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2011/04/09/002/

And here's the key visual by CLAMP:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-08, 12:52   Link #55
Katapan
俺様祭り

Daaaamn, this is basically I.G. going all out - which is a really exciting prospect. Way to get hyped for this summer when the most exciting spring shows have yet to even start! :P
Old 2011-04-08, 12:54   Link #56
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Official site updated too: http://www.blood-c.jp/
Old 2011-04-08, 13:06   Link #57
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think we can all assume that Mizushima has a CLAMP seal of approval tattooed on his body lol?
Quote:
The staff in general seems much more competent than Blood+'s staff. On the animation production end there are quite a few GitS:SAC guys, and it's impressive that CLAMP is really writing this, and not just scribbling some notes down for other writers to adapt. Getting hyped!
Once again, thank you for all this information. I really appreciate the information you post.

The staff here is leagues ahead from Blood+ lol Seriously, I.G. looks like it's giving this the full treatment. Ghost in the Shell regulars, CLAMP being actually involved. 2011 is seriously shaping up to be a great year.
Quote:
And here's the key visual by CLAMP:
Wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Daaaamn, this is basically I.G. going all out - which is a really exciting prospect. Way to get hyped for this summer when the most exciting spring shows have yet to even start! :P
Man, it looks like this s the trade off for the lackluster year 2010 by having 2011 be the best year in anime.

And it going to be AWESOME!
Old 2011-04-08, 13:20   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I am so hyped for this now. It's a bad thing if the first episode sucks, though with a staff list like that it's hard to see it doing so.
Old 2011-04-08, 13:23   Link #59
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Once again, thank you for all this information. I really appreciate the information you post.
Don't mention it. I always feel it's good to have detailed information available so discussions are more in depth.

Now the only thing that remains is the time slot. I'm really hoping it's NOT going to be on the Sunday afternoon slot, because there's a much better chance for creative freedom and glorious CLAMP violence on the Thursday slot. Hopefully we get a confirmation soon about how long Ao no Exorcist is...
Old 2011-04-08, 13:27   Link #60
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Don't mention it. I always feel it's good to have detailed information available so discussions are more in depth.

Now the only thing that remains is the time slot. I'm really hoping it's NOT going to be on the Sunday afternoon slot, because there's a much better chance for creative freedom and glorious CLAMP violence on the Thursday slot. Hopefully we get a confirmation soon about how long Ao no Exorcist is...
But Ao no Exorcist is 2-cour (look at the bottom of the page, it says 2クール).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.