AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 08:35   Link #1
starlol

Looking for anime/manga similar to Iris Zero, Hyouka and Robotics;Notes

Most importantly, character dynamics between the main couple.
Main guy lives with low exposure/low energy lifestyle(something similar) but is quite smart. Main girl who ends up getting him into all sort of situation he did not want to.
Best if the amount of romance is at least on the same level as Iris Zero.

No Yaoi/Yuri/Hentai/Smut. I do not mind ecchi if it is not too much.
I'm fine with seinen/shoujo/shounen/josei.

Thank You

Last edited by starlol; 2013-03-19 at 04:57.
starlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 08:43   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

REC has some of that. The male character is a salaryman in his early twenties whose life is suddenly upended when he meets a wannabe seiyuu.

For an older series, you might take a look at Video Girl Ai. The main boy spends his time mooning over a girl he knows but can't bring himself to do anything about it. One day he gets a "special" videotape and a girl comes out of his television set. She offers to help him resolve his problems with the girl of his dreams.

The "girl" in Chobits is an android, but otherwise fits your request as well.

Finally I'll suggest Welcome to the NHK!, a story about a hikikomori who encounters a young woman who wants to cure him of his reclusive ways.

All of these shows have some material that touches on subjects some people might consider "ecchi." Chobits has an episode about voyeurism and one about buying panties. Satou in NHK! does some online "research" to help inspire him to write a script for a eroge game he is trying to create with his next door neighbor. REC has an episode where the girl is recruited to voice a hentai character. Video girl Ai appears in the nude from time from time. I didn't find any of this offensive myself, but from your comments I thought you should be warned.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 04:13   Link #3
starlol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
REC has some of that. The male character is a salaryman in his early twenties whose life is suddenly upended when he meets a wannabe seiyuu.

For an older series, you might take a look at Video Girl Ai. The main boy spends his time mooning over a girl he knows but can't bring himself to do anything about it. One day he gets a "special" videotape and a girl comes out of his television set. She offers to help him resolve his problems with the girl of his dreams.

The "girl" in Chobits is an android, but otherwise fits your request as well.

Finally I'll suggest Welcome to the NHK!, a story about a hikikomori who encounters a young woman who wants to cure him of his reclusive ways.

All of these shows have some material that touches on subjects some people might consider "ecchi." Chobits has an episode about voyeurism and one about buying panties. Satou in NHK! does some online "research" to help inspire him to write a script for a eroge game he is trying to create with his next door neighbor. REC has an episode where the girl is recruited to voice a hentai character. Video girl Ai appears in the nude from time from time. I didn't find any of this offensive myself, but from your comments I thought you should be warned.
Thanks for the suggestions and warning. I do not know my limit towards ecchi so the warning definitely helps.
Especially Video Girl Ai which sounds quite wrong to me.
I almost forget about Welcome to NHK...
Old 2013-03-18, 10:18   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Maybe Robotics;Notes or The World God Only Knows, though MC of Robotics;Notes might be quite level of smart you want.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 04:57   Link #5
starlol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Maybe Robotics;Notes or The World God Only Knows, though MC of Robotics;Notes might be quite level of smart you want.
Thanks for the suggestion. Already watched both series but It seems that Robotics;Notes is very close to(or is it almost exactly) the type of series Im looking for. Will add that to the title. Thank You.
Old 2013-03-19, 10:01   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you don't care about a romantic relationship between the main characters, then I'll suggest Usagi Drop and Kurenai. In the first, a thirty-year-old single man informally adopts the illegitimate five-year-old child of his grandfather after the man's death. In Kurenai, the girl is seven and the male character is sixteen. He becomes her protector after she is kidnapped by his employer.

There's a bit more romance in Oh! Edo Rocket, a science-fiction comedy set in 1843-44 Edo (Tokyo). A beautiful young woman appears one day in the home of fireworks maker Tamaya Seikichi and asks him to build her a rocket that can reach the moon.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee tells the story of a sixteen-year-old Japanese girl who goes to work as a shop girl for an ironmonger in late 19th century Paris. This is a very cute show about cultural differences.

Finally I'll toss Nodame Cantabile into the mix. Ditzy but talented pianist Noda Megumi ("Nodame") occupies the apartment next door to aspiring conductor and campus heartthrob Chiaki Shinichi. One of my favorites series of all time, Nodame has two anime sequels, and a parallel live-action version with two movie sequels.

None of these has any ecchi material of note, though they touch on mature subjects from time to time. Kurenai, in particular, has a plot that includes
Spoiler:
as a subject.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:37   Link #7
mit7059

For a Manga I'd suggest Horimiya as a low exposure male lead with a high exposure female lead. It's one of my favorite new series, if not my favorite.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote