AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 17:04   Link #781
bond4154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I think he's referring to the Jet Striker Packs the grunt units like the Windams and the Dagger Ls are using...
Argh. Yeah, I knew that. >_>

Heehee. XD

No, seriously. Like I said, I'm calling it Aile Lancelot not just because the wings on the back kind of look like Aile Strike, but because Lancelot was launched in the fashion of Gundam SEED OP1. XD
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 17:49   Link #782
Viperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The only thing Lancelot has compared to other KFs is an intensive use of Sakuradite to obtain faster reaction times as well as higher power outputs (thanks to its 'Coalminas' Yggdrasil Drive)...which is why the Lancelot is seemingly so damn fast: it uses top-notch superconductive material.

But one disadvantage the Lancelot has is that the cockpit lacks an ejection system. If its gets owned, the pilot can only extract himself manually. There is no way from him to automatically exit the frame and jet back to safety. If Taniguchi bestowed the Lancelot with this particular disadvantage, then I guess it's not that innocent...and that at a certain point it will play a certain role.
You don't get it , do you? Installing an eject system into an undefetable robot is basicly admitting that it isnt undefetable.

And if you look at that scientist , its pretty obvious from his words that he finds Lancelot invincible.

Im not 100% sure that there is no eject seat , we'll just have to see.
Viperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 17:51   Link #783
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Im not 100% sure that there is no eject seat , we'll just have to see.
Cecile pointed out that there is no ejection seat, isn't that 100%?

Question about Lelouch's mother's side of the family, not sure if this has been touched upon but.

Mariannia's maiden name is Lamperouage, right? So what is his connection to the Ashford family?

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2007-01-15 at 01:34.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 02:14   Link #784
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Question about Lelouch's mother's side of the family, not sure if this has been touched upon but.

Mariannia's maiden name is Lamperouage, right? So what is his connection to the Ashford family?
The Ashfords were Marianne's protégés as well as her supporters. They lost a good part of their wealth when she was murdered and they were no longer supported and protected by their beloved Empress.

BTW, it's 'Lamperouge', not 'Lamperouage'. 'Lampe Rouge' in French means 'Red Lamp'.
Old 2007-01-15, 03:36   Link #785
Viperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

You never know , after all , this is Sunrise.
Old 2007-01-15, 10:10   Link #786
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
is sunrise the same guys that made one their main character(who wasnt suposed to be main character) survive the "nuclear" explosion of his MS?
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 11:37   Link #787
Selic

It was just a big explosion, not nuclear.

Edit: Freedom STILL didn't blow up. The explosion was Minerva's Tannhauser striking the water.

Last edited by Selic; 2007-01-15 at 18:52.
Selic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 14:12   Link #788
Viperus

When Freedom exploded , that should've been a nuclear explosion , since it has a nuclear reactor.
Old 2007-01-15, 15:13   Link #789
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperus View Post
When Freedom exploded , that should've been a nuclear explosion , since it has a nuclear reactor.
(Off topic)
i wish people whould stop changing laws of physics...
It would be a radioactive explosion, not nuclear. Nuclear reactors can't go off like a nuke no matter what you do to it.
Old 2007-01-15, 16:14   Link #790
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Impossible,you dare to contradict the sacred law of anime!

nuclear=big&flashy explosion.

Your dark knowledge must not come to the light.Go back where you belong spawn of darkness.
Old 2007-01-15, 16:30   Link #791
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
You never know , after all , this is Sunrise.
Nah not on this particular point.

And BTW guys, last time I checked this was a CODE GEASS thread, not a Gundam Seed Destiny one.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 16:46   Link #792
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Heh, it is pretty obvious that the two shows exploit the same sort of audience/genre.
Old 2007-01-15, 18:08   Link #793
Viperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
(Off topic)
i wish people whould stop changing laws of physics...
It would be a radioactive explosion, not nuclear. Nuclear reactors can't go off like a nuke no matter what you do to it.
i You sure its called "radioactive" explosion?

I know nuclear reactor doesnt have the same power as the bomb , but due to overheating , they can make a pretty good explosion. At least Kira should've died , if not Shin as well since he was close enough.......although Gundams are made to fight in space so they should be able to block radiation.
Old 2007-01-15, 18:23   Link #794
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Ok i'm going off topic but wasn't there something like turning off the NR or even separating it and/or dropping it before the explosion? Didn't the anime even make a big deal about by showing Kira's hand on the button(s)? (DON'T ANSWER!)

Why is this even important? Sunrise did many things, bad and good so we should wait for what will ahppen here not think about waht they did since it has nothing to do with Code Geass. grrr

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 18:32   Link #795
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If Kira survived Aegis blowing up in his face with as much as a few bruises, i am sure Suzaku can survive something similar as well... if nothing else, his thick skull will protect him.
Old 2007-01-16, 04:39   Link #796
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

was sunrise also the ones producing gundam wing too? cause that would bring a new meaning to die hard...

oups i realised my comment about sunrise derailed the thread, my bad. Let s dismiss this gundam derailment and return to topic.

PS : i putted " around nuclear becaue like Vallen say it cant really explode like a nuke.
Old 2007-01-16, 05:02   Link #797
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If Kira survived Aegis blowing up in his face with as much as a few bruises, i am sure Suzaku can survive something similar as well... if nothing else, his thick skull will protect him.
This reminds me of what was mentioned by the Mythbusters in one of their books...

The hosts themselves had many experiences with explosive devices used in the entertainment industry like in movies, but only when they started doing their show do they really do dangerous things. And guess what?

Film explosions look good, but real life explosions that are actually lethal can often be not spectacular at all. That's why they often needed a dummy/jelly block in their experiments to show how dangerous the ordinance was.

Thus, an explosion that look spectacular can quite possibly be not as dangerous as it looks. Special materials are used in films to make bright flashes, thick smoke and loud noises, but we see them on TV so often that we associate these things with a dangerous explosion when we shouldn't.

Serious, how dangerous could a self-destructed Aegis be? It had ran out of power at that point, and all evidence points to the destruction being designed to prevent capture rather than as something designed to kill others.

And by the way, it was a big deal to have a nuclear reactor blown up back in the days of UC Gundam, but that's only because they use mysterious futuristic fusion reactors.

(Back on topic)
I think there might be a sinister reason for why Lancelot doesn't have a ejection seat... It would be dangerous if the prototype fall into enemy hands. And since Sunrise (wisely) didn't install meaningless self-destruction buttons into Knightmares, the lack of ejection seats ensures the pilot could not panic and run away leaving the mech behind.
Old 2007-01-16, 05:35   Link #798
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

haha nice, or maybe they just didnt put one since it s a bastart piloting it and they can affort to have him die, real brit test pilote would get to have an ejection site >_>
Old 2007-01-16, 05:52   Link #799
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
haha nice, or maybe they just didnt put one since it s a bastart piloting it and they can affort to have him die, real brit test pilote would get to have an ejection site >_>
Well, you sort of have a point, but I wouldn't put it that way.

In my own words, if it was an important Duke or other famous persons in the political circle who pilots the Lancelot, they would HAVE to put in an ejection seat. The scientist himself openly treats Suzaku like he was a component of the mech, and I can't help but feel if given the choice, he would chose to have a badly injured Suzaku with the mech home in one piece, rather than having Suzaku coming back alive and well but the mech lost to the enemy.

I remember stories of early aircraft carrier combat planes being sufficently low-tech and cheap, that they could be dumped into the sea so there is room for emergency landings by injured pilots and the like. Back then, a good pilot was too valuable to lose in a war compared to several planes.
Nowadays with all the classified multimillion-dollar war equipment, I wonder if the reverse is true.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-01-16 at 06:10.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 06:00   Link #800
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

I wonder if Guren MKII has an ejection system. Since it's valuable prototype as well i guess it probably hasn't.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote